Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Big Bang Theory

Jump to newest

By *outhlondondude OP   Man
over a year ago

london

Any fans of C4's 'The Big Bang Theory' on here? I can't seem to get Sheldon's song, 'Soft Kitty' out of my head lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Any fans of C4's 'The Big Bang Theory' on here? I can't seem to get Sheldon's song, 'Soft Kitty' out of my head lol "
It's a bloody show m8

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

love it....ust hope C4 dont kill it like they did friends with constant repeats on loop. thre hasnt been enough series for it not to get old really quickly

over a year ago

"Any fans of C4's 'The Big Bang Theory' on here? I can't seem to get Sheldon's song, 'Soft Kitty' out of my head lol "

i have that tshirt its fab

By *obsrocketMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

Big Bang Theory great show, as for Sheldons "soft kitty" yep its a bit catchy

By *obsrocketMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

"Any fans of C4's 'The Big Bang Theory' on here? I can't seem to get Sheldon's song, 'Soft Kitty' out of my head lol

i have that tshirt its fab "

Purr purr purr jaqs

over a year ago

Which Character are you, btw?

I am a wierd mix of Howard and Sheldon (I am a pedantic git, you see.........)

over a year ago

ohhhhhhhhhhhh we love it.....bazingggggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

over a year ago

london

So glad it isn't only me on here! Must say I am suprised at how popular it is globally, as it is as weird an idea as it is funny!

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

KNOCKKNOCKKNOCK "PENNY"

KNOCKKNOCKKNOCK "PENNY"

KNOCKKNOCKKNOCK "PENNY"

over a year ago

Penny ..MMMMMMMM

By *exy essex girlWoman
over a year ago

harlow

Soft kitty,

Warm kitty,

Little ball of fur.

Happy kitty,

Sleepy kitty,

Purr, purr, purr.

By *exy essex girlWoman
over a year ago

harlow

Bazinga

over a year ago

And there was me thinking this had something to do with THE big bang theory

over a year ago

I love it, Sheldon is my fave character

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

its one of the best series on the tv at the moment lol

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

"Bazinga

"

in the ball pool with leonard lol,,was a class one lol

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Great program

with or without soft Kitty

over a year ago

there aren't any quality u.s. network type sitcoms around atm, with the exception of a few entertaining moments it's benignly mediocre .

2 broke girls (that one that's recently started on e4) seems to have sharper one liners / wittier dialog..

Sheldons character is basically Lilith crane with a penis minus the decent comedy writing.. it's been done BETTER ! ;p

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

Sheldons character is basically Lilith crane with a penis minus the decent comedy writing.. it's been done BETTER ! ;p"

Thank heaven for diversity and different strokes and folks etc

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

Great show

Even better music, bare naked ladies

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"And there was me thinking this had something to do with THE big bang theory "

And quietly hoping it wasn't?

over a year ago

I'm not insane...my mother had me tested!!!

over a year ago

"KNOCKKNOCKKNOCK "PENNY"

KNOCKKNOCKKNOCK "PENNY"

KNOCKKNOCKKNOCK "PENNY"

"

gotta love Sheldon

Think Im a mixture of Penny and Amy lol

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

what a great show,,all the old school comedy actors are there,,2 from roseanne and then blossom,,

if anyone remembers in the first series they said something about blossom,lol,,and then she arrived in it

By *cottishrichMan
over a year ago

Here and there

"love it....ust hope C4 dont kill it like they did friends with constant repeats on loop. thre hasnt been enough series for it not to get old really quickly "

I love it too but I fear that e4 have already begun to do just that. It's the dreaded 6-7pm slot, I've had to stop watching it at that time.

over a year ago

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

over a year ago

From Ep1 , ser 1....

Penny: So, what do you guys do for fun?

Sheldon: Well, this morning we tried masturbating for money......

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"From Ep1 , ser 1....

Penny: So, what do you guys do for fun?

Sheldon: Well, this morning we tried masturbating for money......

"

It made me laugh so much

over a year ago

"Sheldons character is basically Lilith crane with a penis minus the decent comedy writing.. it's been done BETTER ! ;p"

I don't recall Lilith being an autistic with an IQ of 193 and an idetic memory????

Lilith was an intelligent bitch who knew she needed a good shagging. Sheldon cannot even comprehend a physical relationship with anyone, OR the need for one!

over a year ago

PS - cannot STAND the 'Priya' character!!!!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Sheldons character is basically Lilith crane with a penis minus the decent comedy writing.. it's been done BETTER ! ;p

I don't recall Lilith being an autistic with an IQ of 193 and an idetic memory????

Lilith was an intelligent bitch who knew she needed a good shagging. Sheldon cannot even comprehend a physical relationship with anyone, OR the need for one!

"

Sheldon's character is on the autistic/ Asperger's scale....and the way it is done is quite clever for it is not offensive, just really funny.

over a year ago

Absolutly love it,one of the best progs on telly! altho haven't seen much of the new series, but can basicaly do word for word on all the rest seen so many repeats...

And yes have to agree I HATE Priya too!

Should we start a book on what Penny's surname is????

over a year ago

I imagine it does go above the head of some of the dimmer witted individuals who lack the understandings of the subtle nuances of quantum dynamics..

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"the subtle nuances of quantum dynamics.."

I had some of those this evening, they deffo neded some Thai Chilli sauce...

over a year ago

"Sheldons character is basically Lilith crane with a penis minus the decent comedy writing.. it's been done BETTER ! ;p

"

A snowballs chance in a CAT scanner

over a year ago

"the subtle nuances of quantum dynamics..

I had some of those this evening, they deffo neded some Thai Chilli sauce..."

Ahhh..done ur homework...as recent theories indicate, Chilli might be part of the universes hidden mass..now we know where the farts really go!

over a year ago

"

all that aside it is obvious the actor that plays Sheldon (or the writers) based his character to an extent on the Lilith crane character.. there are differences in their character arcs / minutia of character back story discounting those they're very similar in demeanor (steely , both exhibit a type hyper-intellectual androgyny, vacuous and prickly!) you're right tho Lilith cranes character was repressed where as Sheldon is asexual.. same difference in terms of outcome on screen tho! ;p

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Ahhh..done ur homework...as recent theories indicate, Chilli might be part of the universes hidden mass..now we know where the farts really go!"

And the black holes are getting denser and heavier as we speak ...;-)

over a year ago

I cannot agree on Sheldon being based upon or almost remotely connected to Lilith from Frasier.

Sheldon is very childlike as opposed to Lilith just being a emotionless(ish) woman.(despite the fact she was just really a filler character in both Cheers and Frasier.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I cannot agree on Sheldon being based upon or almost remotely connected to Lilith from Frasier.

Sheldon is very childlike as opposed to Lilith just being a emotionless(ish) woman.(despite the fact she was just really a filler character in both Cheers and Frasier."

I just remembered why I fancy you... its that intelligence that pins everybody down...;-)

over a year ago

"I cannot agree on Sheldon being based upon or almost remotely connected to Lilith from Frasier.

Sheldon is very childlike as opposed to Lilith just being a emotionless(ish) woman.(despite the fact she was just really a filler character in both Cheers and Frasier.I just remembered why I fancy you... its that intelligence that pins everybody down...;-) "

ahhh, I just googled: is Lilith Sheldon?...came up with that answer

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/07/12 23:10:21]

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Sheldon is very childlike as opposed to Lilith just being a emotionless(ish) woman.(despite the fact she was just really a filler character in both Cheers and Frasier.I just remembered why I fancy you... its that intelligence that pins everybody down...;-)

ahhh, I just googled: is Lilith Sheldon?...came up with that answer"

OK then its that ability to google... that so sexy about you

over a year ago

all that aside it is obvious the actor that plays Sheldon (or the writers) based his character to an extent on the Lilith crane character.. there are differences in their character arcs / minutia of character back story discounting those they're very similar in demeanor (steely , both exhibit a type hyper-intellectual androgyny, vacuous and prickly!) you're right tho Lilith cranes character was repressed where as Sheldon is asexual.. same difference in terms of outcome on screen tho! ;p

"

Not wishing to appear a big-ed (!!!) but..... Sheldons character is extremely well-observed is in NO way based on Lilith from Cheers/Frasier. Both Perky and I actually KNOW autistics who are so much like the Sheldon character is it uncanny. There is no way the character of Lilith has been extrapolated to form the character of Sheldon.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

Not wishing to appear a big-ed (!!!) but..... Sheldons character is extremely well-observed is in NO way based on Lilith from Cheers/Frasier. Both Perky and I actually KNOW autistics who are so much like the Sheldon character is it uncanny. There is no way the character of Lilith has been extrapolated to form the character of Sheldon.

"

My point exactly.. if anybody has had any experience of or contact with autism/ Aspergers etc.. they would recognise this

over a year ago

Sheldon's character is on the autistic/ Asperger's scale....and the way it is done is quite clever for it is not offensive, just really funny. "

+1 someone else gets it ....

By *exy essex girlWoman
over a year ago

harlow

"Bazinga

in the ball pool with leonard lol,,was a class one lol"

over a year ago

Ahhh..done ur homework...as recent theories indicate, Chilli might be part of the universes hidden mass..now we know where the farts really go!And the black holes are getting denser and heavier as we speak ...;-)"

Sorry, but 'heavyness' is just a function of Mass and Gravity..........Also, density can't be measured beyond the event horizon so, thechnicaly, a Black Hole can't get any more dense after they cross the point where electron orbits cross..........knock knock knock, penny?.........

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Ahhh..done ur homework...as recent theories indicate, Chilli might be part of the universes hidden mass..now we know where the farts really go!And the black holes are getting denser and heavier as we speak ...;-) Sorry, but 'heavyness' is just a function of Mass and Gravity..........Also, density can't be measured beyond the event horizon so, thechnicaly, a Black Hole can't get any more dense after they cross the point where electron orbits cross..........knock knock knock, penny?........."

sorry got to get to work and put me pinny on...

over a year ago

Love, love, love Big Bang Theory! And as the the E4 repeats...I can't seem to get bored of them, still laugh all the way through. Think the one with the Xmas pressies is one of my favourites with all the gift bags when she gives him the napkin x

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Love, love, love Big Bang Theory! And as the the E4 repeats...I can't seem to get bored of them, still laugh all the way through. Think the one with the Xmas pressies is one of my favourites with all the gift bags when she gives him the napkin x"

over a year ago

I don't watch much TV but if I catch this one I do really enjoy it... I like tha fact that unlike a lot of US shows, it never really gets 'preachy' it has a nice balance.

over a year ago

lots of interesting points, still find it nauseatingly benign and derivative tho!

boats and floats and all that ;p

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"I don't watch much TV but if I catch this one I do really enjoy it... I like tha fact that unlike a lot of US shows, it never really gets 'preachy' it has a nice balance. "

Do the Yanks do "preachy"?

Well blow me.

over a year ago

london

"I don't watch much TV but if I catch this one I do really enjoy it... I like tha fact that unlike a lot of US shows, it never really gets 'preachy' it has a nice balance.

Do the Yanks do "preachy"?

Well blow me. "

For anyone interested Wikipedia have a very detailed entry on the TBT. Thinking about how its developed, did anyone esle think that 'Leonard' was going to be the 'star' when it first began? For me, the best shows have been when Leonard's mum comes to stay. Mental! Also, I enjoy how 'Raj', 'Howard', 'Bernadette' and Amy have gotten more an better parts as the show has gone on.

over a year ago

Not huge fans here. It's genuinely really funny in parts, which is unusual for american comedies, but in other parts it's just laughing at smart/educated people for no other reason than that they're smart/educated. Kind of ruins it.

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

in my minds eye i can imagine an episode with Moss (richard ayoade's character) from the It crowd. it could work well Moss is an uber nerd and the thought of him being out of his comfort bubble in the US and having to deal with sheldon would inevitably lead to weird stuff. Itll never happen but its a lovely thought.

over a year ago

Had never watched it until a few weeks ago, and now I can't get enough. It is genius! (no pun intended)

By *icelymarkedMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

'Hello Mrs Cooper, Howards broken Sheldon and we can't find the reset button'

That one brought tears, I was weak on the floor laughing.

Would like the guitar bit at the end by Bare Naked Ladies as my phone tone lol

Half an hour of pure joy

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

"'Hello Mrs Cooper, Howards broken Sheldon and we can't find the reset button'

That one brought tears, I was weak on the floor laughing.

Would like the guitar bit at the end by Bare Naked Ladies as my phone tone lol

Half an hour of pure joy"

I love the bare naked ladies (yes both types) have seen the band 5 times live now. they are equally good with witty fun tunes or with emotional balads.

over a year ago

This brilliant show has been running for 5 years now and season 6 is set to be made, it's popularity is humongous not only with the veiwing public but with the actors and celebs that want to appear in it, in cameo roles, one of my favorite shows and I actually know a group of guys that it could have been written about

There is also a porno parody version of it

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

There is also a porno parody version of it"

Now therre something to look forward to...;-)

over a year ago

And heres me thinking this tread would be about the higgs boson!!

over a year ago

Penny

Penny

Penny

Bazinga!!!

By *eavy Metal BallzMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"in my minds eye i can imagine an episode with Moss (richard ayoade's character) from the It crowd. it could work well Moss is an uber nerd and the thought of him being out of his comfort bubble in the US and having to deal with sheldon would inevitably lead to weird stuff. Itll never happen but its a lovely thought."

Now that would be one hell of a mash up, two brilliant shows.

The IT Crowd just about pips Big Bang for me, real shame that they made so few series.

By *hooter McGavinMan
over a year ago

Exeter

Sheldon is the best thing about that show, the way he talks to people but doesn't see that what he says or how he says it is offensive, so funny, but penny mmmmmm sexy oh I so so would lol

By *obsrocketMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

"Soft kitty,

Warm kitty,

Little ball of fur.

Happy kitty,

Sleepy kitty,

Purr, purr, purr."

Thought a reworking of the lyrics was due

Soft Pussy,

Warm Pussy,

Little Bush of hair,

Horny Pussy,

Squirty Pussy,

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,

over a year ago

Stuart the guy who runs the comic book store is an absolute star of a character ….!.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Stuart the guy who runs the comic book store is an absolute star of a character ….!. "
You would of course, support him

over a year ago

"Stuart the guy who runs the comic book store is an absolute star of a character ….!. You would of course, support him "

Oh come-on Affro.... he's the most switched on guy in the show...and don't you know it !!!

Go on admit it...you want him really.... muawahahaha.....

over a year ago

Love laurie metcalfe as sheldons mum

"now, i made chicken. I hope that isnt one of the animals you people thinks is magic" had me in stitches plus i would just DAMAGE leonard but i fancied him back in the roseanne days

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Stuart the guy who runs the comic book store is an absolute star of a character ….!. You would of course, support him

Oh come-on Affro.... he's the most switched on guy in the show...and don't you know it !!!

Go on admit it...you want him really.... muawahahaha..... "

I do have a soft spot ....

for you

over a year ago

"Stuart the guy who runs the comic book store is an absolute star of a character ….!. You would of course, support him

Go on admit it...you want him really.... muawahahaha..... I do have a soft spot ....

for you"

haha,,,,, yeah...... but Affro, that'll be a soft-spot called quicksand no doubt!!!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Go on admit it...you want him really.... muawahahaha..... I do have a soft spot ....

for you

haha,,,,, yeah...... but Affro, that'll be a soft-spot called quicksand no doubt!!! "

Oh but is so deep-rooted

over a year ago

love big bang theory.its the new simpsons for me

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Its the only time I ever get anywhere close to an education

over a year ago

"Love laurie metcalfe as sheldons mum

"now, i made chicken. I hope that isnt one of the animals you people thinks is magic" had me in stitches plus i would just DAMAGE leonard but i fancied him back in the roseanne days"

She is brill...love her straight forwardness

Post new Message to Thread