Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Diamond Geezer

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Now that Bob Diamond has resigned will he go in full blast to the Treasury Select Committee tomorrow?

Or, will it affect his payoff?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

yes he will and if I was him, I would forego my payoff and with a personal fortune of £100million he can afford to, then I would let rip at the government past and present, the FSA and the Bank of England.

all carry some accountability for another banking issue.

and then re_iew end to end where the actual issue sits and then sack them and possible criminal charge.

there will be divisional managing directors/directors all with their finger in this till.

over a year ago

There is a bit of me that thinks they ought to appoint him to carry out the full investigation, pro bono. The poacher turned gamekeeper knows all the old tricks, after all.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"There is a bit of me that thinks they ought to appoint him to carry out the full investigation, pro bono. The poacher turned gamekeeper knows all the old tricks, after all."

very true

over a year ago

Today is the day... the media seem to think that he will blast everyone as he is no longer worried about his Board and share prices.

over a year ago

How disappointing... rogue traders and he knew nothing about any of it until this month.

Now it's just a slanging match between CamBourne and MilliBalls.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Something just not right about politicians taking the moral high ground , do they honestly sit there thinking we have all forgotten about expenses shit.

It's like the sun having a go at someone for telling lies

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Something just not right about politicians taking the moral high ground , do they honestly sit there thinking we have all forgotten about expenses shit.

It's like the sun having a go at someone for telling lies "

I couldn't take the one with the hairpiece seriously...

over a year ago

Not a very 'select' select committee... no answers and no clue on how to get answers. How could a Parliamentary Enquiry do any better?

over a year ago

"Not a very 'select' select committee... no answers and no clue on how to get answers. How could a Parliamentary Enquiry do any better?"
It won't.

Atendee's to Parliamentry select comittee's are not required to tell the truth and cannot be charged with purgury if they don't.

Formal Equiries are entirely diferent and the atendee's are sworn in, are examined by a Barister, before a judge and can be charged with purgery if they lie.

over a year ago

"Not a very 'select' select committee... no answers and no clue on how to get answers. How could a Parliamentary Enquiry do any better?It won't.

Atendee's to Parliamentry select comittee's are not required to tell the truth and cannot be charged with purgury if they don't.

Formal Equiries are entirely diferent and the atendee's are sworn in, are examined by a Barister, before a judge and can be charged with purgery if they lie."

Which is why the Government is pressing for a Parliamentary rather than Judicial Enquiry...

over a year ago

"Not a very 'select' select committee... no answers and no clue on how to get answers. How could a Parliamentary Enquiry do any better?It won't.

Formal Equiries are entirely diferent and the atendee's are sworn in, are examined by a Barister, before a judge and can be charged with purgery if they lie.

Which is why the Government is pressing for a Parliamentary rather than Judicial Enquiry..."

Innit

over a year ago

I think in this case it might be worth a Royal Comision to come up with proposals to properly regulate the Banking industry.

They take a hell of a long time to come back with results, but are very dificult to ignore when they return.......

Post new Message to Thread