Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Skincare and maskne

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There are loads of posts on makeup but ladies and gents what’s your 1 fave skin care item and your 1 least fave. And anything that’s good for maskne?

*My fave is Elemis cleansing balm It smells amazing, is gentle and takes off every bit of makeup.

*My least fave is Ole Henriksen PHAT Glow Facial it’s a ridiculous £42 and did nothing to my skin

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inateaseWoman
over a year ago

ANTRIM

My favourite product has to be Drops of Youth from the body shop! Don’t really have a least favourite!

By *adHatter_RestrainedAliceCouple
over a year ago

In The Hills

Alice's squirt juice gives me a lovely glow

Madhatter

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

My Nan used to say that spunk was good for her skin. I just think she was a bit of a pervert to be honest.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I use the Revolution salicylic acid between cleansing and moisturising. It does help, although it's not a cure. (It's also scented which may not be ideal. The Ordinary have changed how they do it. I might also look at The Inky List for a product).

I really like the Tesco Kind and Pure face wash, it's inexpensive and it does the job when you need a deeper cleanse.

I like Superdrug Vitamin E skincare in general. Scented but doesn't bother me (YMMV). I use heaps of the body lotion.

The Ordinary hyaluronic acid good, natural moisturising factors intense bland moisturising, mandelic acid good for gentle exfoliation.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Aveeno daily moisturiser

That's it

That and a shower in Molton Brown

'Russian Leather' is the current fave, followed by 'Tobacco Absolute'

Don't need aftershave with them, they just leave a nice, clean, fresh smell on the skin

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Whispers........ I use Elemis Pro Collagen Marine cream for under my eyes.

My Stepsister is an account manager for them and gets me it for buttons after I moaned about my tired eyes.

It changed my face almost overnight. I’m not embarrassed to admit I use it

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No personal experience but people I know love Paula's Choice as well

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Aveeno moisturiser and garnier exfoliating scrub for removing blackheads.

Sorry, was this just meant to be for women?

over a year ago

"My Nan used to say that spunk was good for her skin. I just think she was a bit of a pervert to be honest. "

Maybe that’s why my skin is a bit shitty at the moment

over a year ago

"Aveeno moisturiser and garnier exfoliating scrub for removing blackheads.

Sorry, was this just meant to be for women? "

Nope says ladies and gents in my OP

over a year ago

"Whispers........ I use Elemis Pro Collagen Marine cream for under my eyes.

My Stepsister is an account manager for them and gets me it for buttons after I moaned about my tired eyes.

It changed my face almost overnight. I’m not embarrassed to admit I use it

"

I love all the marine cream range

over a year ago

"Aveeno daily moisturiser

That's it

That and a shower in Molton Brown

'Russian Leather' is the current fave, followed by 'Tobacco Absolute'

Molton brown is lovely I use bergamot and orange

Don't need aftershave with them, they just leave a nice, clean, fresh smell on the skin "

over a year ago

"I use the Revolution salicylic acid between cleansing and moisturising. It does help, although it's not a cure. (It's also scented which may not be ideal. The Ordinary have changed how they do it. I might also look at The Inky List for a product).

I really like the Tesco Kind and Pure face wash, it's inexpensive and it does the job when you need a deeper cleanse.

I like Superdrug Vitamin E skincare in general. Scented but doesn't bother me (YMMV). I use heaps of the body lotion.

The Ordinary hyaluronic acid good, natural moisturising factors intense bland moisturising, mandelic acid good for gentle exfoliation."

Not tried revolution skincare but like the make up. I loved the ordinary Hyaluronic acid but the last lot I had left my skin sticky

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"My Nan used to say that spunk was good for her skin. I just think she was a bit of a pervert to be honest. "

She obviously read the same Linda Lovelace book as me.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Nivea Creme in the blue jar is good for dry skin.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I use soap and water then put on a cucumber moisuriser from Boots that costs £1.50. I think all these fancy lotions and potions are a big waste of money.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Your nan was right! I love a facial then rub in and leave on makes skin feel soft x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I use the Revolution salicylic acid between cleansing and moisturising. It does help, although it's not a cure. (It's also scented which may not be ideal. The Ordinary have changed how they do it. I might also look at The Inky List for a product).

The Ordinary hyaluronic acid good, natural moisturising factors intense bland moisturising, mandelic acid good for gentle exfoliation.

Not tried revolution skincare but like the make up. I loved the ordinary Hyaluronic acid but the last lot I had left my skin sticky "

Oh it definitely leaves a residue but I don't mind.

The revolution acid is strongly scented, like generic male antiperspirant. But it doesn't upset my (somewhat) sensitive skin.

Post new Message to Thread