Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

No Christmas markets Manchester

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It looks like it's going to be a very very quiet Christmas for a lot of us especially with the Christmas markets being shut well in Manchester they have announced they will not be opening them this time round

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I can't believe it.

over a year ago

"I can't believe it."

If Simon says!!!!!!

T

over a year ago

People should shop local

Put the money in the hands of people who serve their community year round

Christmas Markets are invariably filled by opportunists exploiting minds addled by sausage and mulled wine

Stupendous mark ups an what is, overwhelmingly, tat

Although the honey & cinnamon cashews are pretty good

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

The German Chris as market in Birmingham was cancelled weeks ago. No great loss really. Just stalls of all the same stuff and idiots in the streets getting pissed and generally being annoying wankers.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Will miss the big sausages though

over a year ago

Went to a Christmas market in Vienna once. Had a big sausage which spat at me when I bit into it.

By *adHatter_RestrainedAliceCouple
over a year ago

In The Hills

I use to love the Christmas markets but over the years they have become far too busy and overcrowded and takes the pleasure out of them. I have been going to the little local ones instead over the last few years, just as fun and none of the crowds. I will improvise this year and sit in the garden with a Bratwurst and mulled wine

Alice x

over a year ago

I love Christmas markets although prefer the little independent ones rather than the big city ones. I do love Lincoln Christmas market though and make a full weekend of it. Not so keen on Manchester nor York’s as it’s just very samey. Birminghams I enjoy for the music area at the top. I overdosed a little last year and went to 6 I will miss them this year but glad they are cancelled as people are incapable of social distancing in supermarkets there are no ways they will distance at stalls

By *achel SmythTV/TS
over a year ago

Farnborough

I too love the Christmas markets and the atmosphere .... but nothing here compares to the REAL Christmas markets in Germany!!

The ones here do tend to be a bit ‘samey’. I’ve only been to Manchester once .... never again - if was just absolutely rammed, and you couldn’t move! I can’t believe it’s only just been cancelled ... that ships be first to go and last to come back ... not a hope of any social distancing there!

R xxx

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

Lincoln council has also cancelled it's famous market - but at least the Lincoln medieval Christmas market is still going ahead.

Post new Message to Thread