Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Motorcyclist a question

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When you rev your bike up and you wake the whole street up, in your head do you think everyone’s hanging out the window cheering, High-fiving each other saying ‘Wonder where he’s going?’ ‘Somewhere dangerous I expect!’

There’s a brilliant video on you tube, taking the piss out motorcyclists doing this, dunno how to do the link.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

One of the blokes calls his mum and says ‘Mom, a motorcycle came, the noise, it was so unnecessary!’

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

on youtube, click the share button under the video, copy the link and paste it here

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

when your testicles are vibrating at 6000 rpm its difficult to think of anything

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

Whenever I do it I can hear the tidal wave of fanny batter even over the sound of my Ducati Dickmaster 600

over a year ago

"Whenever I do it I can hear the tidal wave of fanny batter even over the sound of my Ducati Dickmaster 600 "

I get that with my fold away Brompton.

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

"Whenever I do it I can hear the tidal wave of fanny batter even over the sound of my Ducati Dickmaster 600 "

wow it must be a loud tidal wave to be able to hear it over the annoying clutch rattle©™

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Whenever I do it I can hear the tidal wave of fanny batter even over the sound of my Ducati Dickmaster 600

I get that with my fold away Brompton."

Mmmm. A foldaway? Hot.

over a year ago

One thing I've never done.

I use to push my Harley Davidson to end of my street before I started at when I left for work at 4am.

I'm considerate to my neighbours

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

"One thing I've never done.

I use to push my Harley Davidson to end of my street before I started at when I left for work at 4am.

I'm considerate to my neighbours"

Good thinking! Wake up somebody else's neighbours instead

over a year ago

I'm considerate with mine though I'm rarely out at times when it would matter. Out on the road though loud pipes save lives

By *irSub3Couple
over a year ago

Northern Ireland

"Whenever I do it I can hear the tidal wave of fanny batter even over the sound of my Ducati Dickmaster 600

wow it must be a loud tidal wave to be able to hear it over the annoying clutch rattle©™ "

Lol

over a year ago

wow it must be a loud tidal wave to be able to hear it over the annoying clutch rattle©™

Lol "

^

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

[Removed by poster at 16/10/20 18:18:00]

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I have to rev the nuts off the bike, as I wear decent ear plugs so I don't hear much

over a year ago

Good thinking! Wake up somebody else's neighbours instead "

over a year ago

When I had an R6, you could hear from 2 miles away. The race exhaust system had a max level of 118 Db(A), the bike sounded gorgeous, even it is was a bit on the noisy side.

over a year ago

"Out on the road though loud pipes save lives "

Not sure if I agree with that.

Sounds like biker lobby apologetics to me. Akin to the gun lobby's twisted logic for keeping guns.

In my experience, loud pipes not only annoy but also scare the crap out of vulnerable people and animals.

over a year ago

"Out on the road though loud pipes save lives

Sounds like biker lobby apologetics to me. Akin to the gun lobby's twisted logic for keeping guns.

In my experience, loud pipes not only annoy but also scare the crap out of vulnerable people and animals."

Sorry if you've had a few scarry encounters but the sad fact of the matter is the first thing a car driver says to you or attending police is "I never saw you mate"

5 buddies I've lost in 33yrs, 3 of them hadn't been seen so that's my experience...

I'll take every advantage I can so you know I'm coming, might save you from standing over me covered in a sheet telling a cop "But I didn't see him"

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I used to be sort of considerate to the neighbours, leaving the house at 3am for work. I rode slowly out of the estate, over geared to keep the noise down. Then wind the throttle open, as I get on the dual carriageway.

over a year ago

Has anyone mentioned 'Kill switching' yet ??

over a year ago

"When you rev your bike up and you wake the whole street up, in your head do you think everyone’s hanging out the window cheering, High-fiving each other saying ‘Wonder where he’s going?’ ‘Somewhere dangerous I expect!’

There’s a brilliant video on you tube, taking the piss out motorcyclists doing this, dunno how to do the link. "

Oh yeah and Pratt car drivers never rev their cars with popping exhausts or dump valves. ??

over a year ago

My bike is relatively quiet when I pull away from home in the early hours... it does make a noise as soon as i get onto the A13 though

over a year ago

"Sorry if you've had a few scarry encounters but the sad fact of the matter is the first thing a car driver says to you or attending police is "I never saw you mate"

5 buddies I've lost in 33yrs, 3 of them hadn't been seen so that's my experience...

I'll take every advantage I can so you know I'm coming, might save you from standing over me covered in a sheet telling a cop "But I didn't see him"

"

Funny how drivers use the I didn't see you line like it's your fault for not being visible enough!

I'm also sorry that you've lost friends.

But I still don't think more volume is a sensible answer to road safety. Surely greater visibility and lower speeds should be the priority.

over a year ago

"When you rev your bike up and you wake the whole street up, in your head do you think everyone’s hanging out the window cheering, High-fiving each other saying ‘Wonder where he’s going?’ ‘Somewhere dangerous I expect!’

There’s a brilliant video on you tube, taking the piss out motorcyclists doing this, dunno how to do the link.

Oh yeah and Pratt car drivers never rev their cars with popping exhausts or dump valves. ??"

Yep, the same applies to them too.

over a year ago

And I don't mean that necessarily aimed at bikers.

The visibility in modern cars is appalling, ironically to protect the occupants. It's also hard to hear the road with a Bose system pumping.

over a year ago

Luckily i dont have neighbours.

my cars are v8s & my bikes a rather loud harley i wouldnt go down very well with neighbours

over a year ago

In my experience, loud pipes not only annoy but also scare the crap out of vulnerable people and animals.

Sorry if you've had a few scarry encounters but the sad fact of the matter is the first thing a car driver says to you or attending police is "I never saw you mate"

"

over a year ago

im never out on mine early hours so no problem with neighbours

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"And I don't mean that necessarily aimed at bikers.

The visibility in modern cars is appalling, ironically to protect the occupants. It's also hard to hear the road with a Bose system pumping."

Then maybe the volume inside your car should be turned down so loud motorbikes wouldn't be necessary....

over a year ago

"Sorry if you've had a few scarry encounters but the sad fact of the matter is the first thing a car driver says to you or attending police is "I never saw you mate"

Funny how drivers use the I didn't see you line like it's your fault for not being visible enough!

But I still don't think more volume is a sensible answer to road safety. Surely greater visibility and lower speeds should be the priority."

I’d have to disagree there, in my experience it doesn’t matter how visible you are or what speed you’re going, a lot of drivers out on the road just don’t bother looking, and it doesn’t just apply to bikes either. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve seen vehicles of all sorts cutting up people on roundabouts, pulling out of junctions without looking, running red lights, drifting over the dividing line going around corners. I’ve had someone look right at my truck and still pull out in front of me. And let’s face it, you can’t miss a 44 ton artic no matter how hard you’re trying to. Not to put too fine a point on it, people are idiots, and if revving the tits off my bike stops some half asleep fool from running me down, well I’ll take that.

By *odgerNbadgerCouple
over a year ago

Chepstow

The Enfield was a bit noisy but the Yam is smoother than a chocolate frog. Frankly next doors kids make more noise than I do

By *00KissesCouple
over a year ago

Stourbridge

But I still don't think more volume is a sensible answer to road safety. Surely greater visibility and lower speeds should be the priority.

I’d have to disagree there, in my experience it doesn’t matter how visible you are or what speed you’re going, a lot of drivers out on the road just don’t bother looking, and it doesn’t just apply to bikes either. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve seen vehicles of all sorts cutting up people on roundabouts, pulling out of junctions without looking, running red lights, drifting over the dividing line going around corners. I’ve had someone look right at my truck and still pull out in front of me. And let’s face it, you can’t miss a 44 ton artic no matter how hard you’re trying to. Not to put too fine a point on it, people are idiots, and if revving the tits off my bike stops some half asleep fool from running me down, well I’ll take that. "

Could I like you any more? Xx

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

The visibility in modern cars is appalling, ironically to protect the occupants. It's also hard to hear the road with a Bose system pumping."

The sad truth is that a biker could be on a dayglow coloured bike with headlights on & wearing dayglow leathers and a dayglow helmet with a flashing beacon and you're still gonna get car drivers who don't take the time to look properly before pulling out of a junction.

And with electric motorbikes soon to become the norm, imagine how much worse it will be! Not only will there be other motorist pulling out in front of motorbikes but there will be pedestrians trying to cross the roads who don't bother looking because they cant hear anything coming towards them. Electric cars are gonna have the same problems. Drivers & riders may have right of way but will be to blame for mowing down pedestrians who can't 'Stop, Look & Listen for a quiet whine' before crossing.

over a year ago

The visibility in modern cars is appalling, ironically to protect the occupants. It's also hard to hear the road with a Bose system pumping.

Then maybe the volume inside your car should be turned down so loud motorbikes wouldn't be necessary.... "

My car? Don't have one hun.

over a year ago

But I still don't think more volume is a sensible answer to road safety. Surely greater visibility and lower speeds should be the priority."

Your quick to assume speed is the factor? Thats a common drivers excuse.

A bike is narrow enough to be obscured by trees and parked cars even with its lights on. So how can we make ourselves more visible? And if the sound isn't reliable tell me this. What alerts you first when an ambulance is coming?

I don't condone ridiculously loud pipes but think on this...

I wonder if you'd be so judgemental giving our evidence at a court case involving you and the fatality of someone's son.

To effectively argue you have to know both sides. Have you felt the vaunerability of riding a bike?

over a year ago

I’d have to disagree there, in my experience it doesn’t matter how visible you are or what speed you’re going, a lot of drivers out on the road just don’t bother looking, and it doesn’t just apply to bikes either. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve seen vehicles of all sorts cutting up people on roundabouts, pulling out of junctions without looking, running red lights, drifting over the dividing line going around corners. I’ve had someone look right at my truck and still pull out in front of me. And let’s face it, you can’t miss a 44 ton artic no matter how hard you’re trying to. Not to put too fine a point on it, people are idiots, and if revving the tits off my bike stops some half asleep fool from running me down, well I’ll take that. "

By that rationale you should be blaring your horn at every junction even when driving a 44t artic?

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

I've been on the wrong end of that too, sat on the back of my mates bike at a busy roundabout with brakes on, patiently waiting for a suitable gap to pull out, guy behind us saw a gap he thought he could muscle his Vectra into, not bothering to look to check if we were still in front of him he floored it, catapulting me about 25 feet forward, fortunately i flew slightly to the left and landed against a railing and not in traffic, dazed and confused it took me a while to realise the reason the bike was still parked vertically, even though it was not on the side stand, was that the bonnet of the Vectra was wedged between the back tyre & the seat frame. It took 3 people to separate bike & car.

over a year ago

"To effectively argue you have to know both sides. Have you felt the vaunerability of riding a bike?

"

Yes almost every day. But the pedal variety.

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

wow it must be a loud tidal wave to be able to hear it over the annoying clutch rattle©™ "

That dry clutch rattle is all part of the dukes tho.. not as nice to hear as a full race termi exhaust on my mates 1098.

over a year ago

I’d have to disagree there, in my experience it doesn’t matter how visible you are or what speed you’re going, a lot of drivers out on the road just don’t bother looking, and it doesn’t just apply to bikes either. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve seen vehicles of all sorts cutting up people on roundabouts, pulling out of junctions without looking, running red lights, drifting over the dividing line going around corners. I’ve had someone look right at my truck and still pull out in front of me. And let’s face it, you can’t miss a 44 ton artic no matter how hard you’re trying to. Not to put too fine a point on it, people are idiots, and if revving the tits off my bike stops some half asleep fool from running me down, well I’ll take that.

By that rationale you should be blaring your horn at every junction even when driving a 44t artic?"

Your argument is lost in ignorance and just the kind of childish fuckery I see 10 times every mile.

Fold your mirrors in if my Thunderace approaches...

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

Statistics show that the majority of accidents involving motorcycles are caused by car drivers.

I forget where, but i remember reading some years ago about a country whose law was that you had to pass your motorcycle test before you were allowed a provisional car licence, reason being that it made car drivers more aware of motorcyclists, the percentage of motorcycle accidents and fatalities were very low compared to other countries.

over a year ago

There’s a brilliant video on you tube, taking the piss out motorcyclists doing this, dunno how to do the link. "

Wow someone irritating you! That makes a change! Vroooooooooom Vrooooooom VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

over a year ago

"Your argument is lost in ignorance and just the kind of childish fuckery I see 10 times every mile.

"

Now the colours are shown! You obviously like to blow as hard as your pipes.

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

On a lighter note...

PC Plod arrests a biker for pulling a 1/2 mile long wheelie, charging him with 'Driving without due care and attention'.

Biker strongly objects to this, stating "It took a great deal of care and attention to do that huge wheelie"

over a year ago

"Your argument is lost in ignorance and just the kind of childish fuckery I see 10 times every mile.

Now the colours are shown! You obviously like to blow as hard as your pipes."

Again you assume too much, my exhaust is totally within MOT guidelines.

What I am passionate about is peoples lives, I used to be a part time instructor and know exactly what I'm talking about now do you..?

What experience have you, I suppose you'd soon jump on the defensive if I started talking about you not even having to pass a test or even needing insurance for your BMX.

I suggest you save up your lolly pop sticks and put them in your spokes, perhaps the noise may stop an absent minded driver from pulling out in front of you... failing that just pretend your on a motorbike by going "Brum Bruuummm"

over a year ago

Loud pipes save lives.

Good thing you didn't hear my old KTM 640 without baffles it used make my house shake idling outside.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

In my experience, loud pipes not only annoy but also scare the crap out of vulnerable people and animals."

I'm not a biker but I'd agree with the original post.

Plenty of times with quiet bikes weaving in and out of traffic I only see them in my mirrors when they're right on me. With a loud bike you hear it before you see it and can actively then be on the lookout.

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

No neighbours to worry about now but when we did it was a bit weird as we were nice as pie to each other but he didn’t give a fck that I had to go to work at 5am as he’d come in crashing about d*unk from the pub at midnight so I didn’t give a shit about leaving my v-twin booming while I put my gear on at 5am.

Consideration works both ways or not at all

S

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

Plenty of times with quiet bikes weaving in and out of traffic I only see them in my mirrors when they're right on me. With a loud bike you hear it before you see it and can actively then be on the lookout. "

This is certainly true when in a built up area, but at motorway speeds it doesn't matter how loud the exhaust is as chances are you're not gonna hear it until it starts to overtake you.

over a year ago

Plenty of times with quiet bikes weaving in and out of traffic I only see them in my mirrors when they're right on me. With a loud bike you hear it before you see it and can actively then be on the lookout.

This is certainly true when in a built up area, but at motorway speeds it doesn't matter how loud the exhaust is as chances are you're not gonna hear it until it starts to overtake you."

You hear it when it is next to you, when you are travelling at motorway speeds.

That is if the guy in the car is not wearing noise cancelling headphones, or the stereo is blaring.

over a year ago

What I am passionate about is peoples lives, I used to be a part time instructor and know exactly what I'm talking about now do you..?

What experience have you, I suppose you'd soon jump on the defensive if I started talking about you not even having to pass a test or even needing insurance for your BMX.

I suggest you save up your lolly pop sticks and put them in your spokes, perhaps the noise may stop an absent minded driver from pulling out in front of you... failing that just pretend your on a motorbike by going "Brum Bruuummm" "

I've no interest in debating you further when an argument descends into childish insults.

I have plenty of road experience and I know that all vehicles are required to have a horn to warn other road users of their presence.

That's a horn. Try using the defence in court that you only revved your vehicle loud as a warning.

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

Ride a rural route at night then drive it in your car, potential roadkill run off when they hear the bike.

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

I’m still here thanks to riding a loud V-Twin (TL1000 Suzuki) I helped carry the coffin of my friend travelling 250mtrs behind on a bog stock (Quiet) Fireblade.

You will never make me change my mind about loud pipes.

I still ride a TL1000 now

S

over a year ago

I suggest you save up your lolly pop sticks and put them in your spokes, perhaps the noise may stop an absent minded driver from pulling out in front of you... failing that just pretend your on a motorbike by going "Brum Bruuummm"

I've no interest in debating you further when an argument descends into childish insults.

I have plenty of road experience and I know that all vehicles are required to have a horn to warn other road users of their presence.

That's a horn. Try using the defence in court that you only revved your vehicle loud as a warning. "

Errrrm who said I rev my bike as a warning? Have I said that? Please feel free to quote me and make me look a fool.

Fact is buddy I never said that now have I.

So you think I should ride about with my horn pressed in at every car I see?

Without patronising every car driver accidents happen in large part because the car driver hasn't seen the rider. The most common bike accident is a car turning right out of a T junction across the path of an on coming bike. If the car driver is aware that a bike is approaching because he's herd it then the risk of an accident is dramatically decreased.

Surely only a fool would argue with that because in my vast experience it makes a difference.

You simply don't possess the education to debate me on this subject but please feel free to make yourself look even more stupid than you already have...

over a year ago

"I’m still here thanks to riding a loud V-Twin (TL1000 Suzuki) I helped carry the coffin of my friend travelling 250mtrs behind on a bog stock (Quiet) Fireblade.

S"

I had a widowmaker, awesome bikes!! Is it the TLS or the R?

By *heshirefungirlWoman
over a year ago

ammanford

I once had the landlord of a live music venue I worked the door at, ask me if I could push my trike to the end of the road at the end of my shift before starting it, I said no but your welcome to come do it for me if you like, he soon changed his mind

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Roads are dangerous places for all roadusers and pedestrians..

It's not a pissing contest..

Every road accident and death a tragedy

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Dickmaster

over a year ago

"Errrrm who said I rev my bike as a warning? Have I said that? Please feel free to quote me and make me look a fool."

Fair enough you haven't said that, but I was responding to the comment earlier who said "and if revving the tits off my bike stops some half asleep fool from running me down, well I’ll take that."

You've also said some pretty hot-headed stuff like "Fold your mirrors in if my Thunderace approaches..."

This and your generally hostile tone suggests you're not the kind of motorist I'd like to encounter on the road.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Now now boys ....

over a year ago

Could I please add my 2pence in

I’ve never ridden a motorbike nor actually sat on one! I do get a huge thrill watching them racing and the sounds of them

As a car driver I am however petrified of motorbikes on the road if I see one behind me I always try and move over so they can pass

And I must look both ways about 5 times before I ever pull out ! I was taught by my dad to always be considerate on the roads and to always look more than once

With electric cars now as well I’m even more aware of checking the road more than once both ways and teaching my kiddies just cos you can’t hear anything doesn’t mean it’s safe to cross

My motto is look , listen and look again

Surely if my 4 and 6 year old can do this, surely as adults we can too ??

Maybe I do live in la la land but if my la la land keeps a biker safe from my car I’m happy to carry on doing what I’ve always done

over a year ago

"Errrrm who said I rev my bike as a warning? Have I said that? Please feel free to quote me and make me look a fool.

Fair enough you haven't said that, but I was responding to the comment earlier who said "and if revving the tits off my bike stops some half asleep fool from running me down, well I’ll take that."

You've also said some pretty hot-headed stuff like "Fold your mirrors in if my Thunderace approaches..."

This and your generally hostile tone suggests you're not the kind of motorist I'd like to encounter on the road.

"

I get very hot headed when people make assumptions where my life's concerned.

And if you were my passenger then you'd be very thankful I'm exactly that

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"I’m still here thanks to riding a loud V-Twin (TL1000 Suzuki) I helped carry the coffin of my friend travelling 250mtrs behind on a bog stock (Quiet) Fireblade.

S

I had a widowmaker, awesome bikes!! Is it the TLS or the R?"

S

I’ve had one R & on my fourth S, this ones now a 1080cc with lots of trick stuff. Still building it atm.

S

over a year ago

S

S

I’ve had one R & on my fourth S, this ones now a 1080cc with lots of trick stuff. Still building it atm.

S"

I had the TLS when I lived in Australia but I've always wanted the R model, its finding a good one though now aye?

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Thing to remember here is who kills who in bigger numbers?

So my bikes noisy, is my bike going to kill you because it’s noisy?

If I ride like a twat, too fast, whatever & crash stats show I’m only likely to hurt one person ME.

You decide to act the twat in your car & ?........ people kill themselves, their passengers, other motorists, pedestrians, cyclists & motorcyclists.

Go find me one report in three months where a biker fucking up has killed anyone except themselves or their pillion.

Now type in car deaths over the same period.

And yet all you can whine about is a loud exhaust, get a grip..

S

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

S

S

S

I had the TLS when I lived in Australia but I've always wanted the R model, its finding a good one though now aye? "

I want another bog stock original red 97 S to sit next to my special. Tbh I’ve only had the one R for a reason, yes it’s up a to u ch on power but it’s also Nearly 20kilos heavier than a 97S & as mine was blue/white I was a little peeved by the “Nice Gixxer” from unknowing twats all the time

S

over a year ago

S

S

S

I had the TLS when I lived in Australia but I've always wanted the R model, its finding a good one though now aye?

I want another bog stock original red 97 S to sit next to my special. Tbh I’ve only had the one R for a reason, yes it’s up a to u ch on power but it’s also Nearly 20kilos heavier than a 97S & as mine was blue/white I was a little peeved by the “Nice Gixxer” from unknowing twats all the time

S"

Yes they were the same colour scheme weren't they lol. I think that was my favorite colours though.

Nothing that trick about the one I had. A 97 with a pair of Yoshi's on. Rolling thunder... I never had any dramas from the rear shock either, have you?

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

By my old house we had chavs in cars doing similar things. Some my kids up a fair few times.

It's not a motorbiker thing, it's a disrespectful dick thing.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

My old RD350 YPVS could make a noise that every Harley Rider would be jealous of. However I never bothered my neighbours with it.

Yes, I’ve seen the video on YouTube and the majority of bikers I know or met, don’t ride to impress a bunch of people who have no interest in bikes, compared to the posers in cars blasting out music every day driving in town or city centres, trying to impress the general public. We are only a minor irritation that’ll soon be out of the way.

I use every sense and the bikes potential to ensure I stay safe on the roads, if that means making a bit of noise to ensure those driving mobile discos hear me coming, so be it

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

[Removed by poster at 16/10/20 23:40:27]

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

S

S

S

S

Yes they were the same colour scheme weren't they lol. I think that was my favorite colours though.

Nothing that trick about the one I had. A 97 with a pair of Yoshi's on. Rolling thunder... I never had any dramas from the rear shock either, have you?"

No but they never stay standard long, the first was brand new in 97 before the recall for steering damper & fuel tank, that would shake a bit over bumpy crests & the like but nothing like the 250/350/400 two strokes I cut my teeth on, I had MHRacing rework the suspension which made it a lot better. The Latest is running Ohlins rear & a radial brake Gixxer front end. Pretty much only thing standard is the silhouette

S

over a year ago

for what it's worth, the amount of car drivers using their mobiles and drifting into another lane while im going past them is horrendous, thats why a loud bike is great

over a year ago

Just out for a run and the weekend warriors are out, pointlessly revving their bikes like the heroes they are!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/10/20 12:33:21]

over a year ago

Pushing a Harley.....thats normal isnt it ??

over a year ago

"Could I please add my 2pence in

I’ve never ridden a motorbike nor actually sat on one! I do get a huge thrill watching them racing and the sounds of them

As a car driver I am however petrified of motorbikes on the road if I see one behind me I always try and move over so they can pass

And I must look both ways about 5 times before I ever pull out ! I was taught by my dad to always be considerate on the roads and to always look more than once

With electric cars now as well I’m even more aware of checking the road more than once both ways and teaching my kiddies just cos you can’t hear anything doesn’t mean it’s safe to cross

My motto is look , listen and look again

Surely if my 4 and 6 year old can do this, surely as adults we can too ??

Maybe I do live in la la land but if my la la land keeps a biker safe from my car I’m happy to carry on doing what I’ve always done

"

Thanks for your consideration Mary, Just wish more were like you xx

over a year ago

I make no apologies for riding a Ducati 1098s with a full Termi race system on. None of my neighbours has ever even mentioned the noise. One thing i do know though is anyone in front of me or behind me absolutely will know i am there.

over a year ago

"I make no apologies for riding a Ducati 1098s with a full Termi race system on. None of my neighbours has ever even mentioned the noise. One thing i do know though is anyone in front of me or behind me absolutely will know i am there."

over a year ago

"I make no apologies for riding a Ducati 1098s with a full Termi race system on. None of my neighbours has ever even mentioned the noise. One thing i do know though is anyone in front of me or behind me absolutely will know i am there."

Yeah, cyclists don’t have that option

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Not sure why bikers and car drivers need loud exhausts and car drivers playing their music so loud that they need the windows wide open. And why anyone would pay extra to have a non standard exhaust baffles me ..

By *rystal DreamtimeTV/TS
over a year ago

horsham

"Just out for a run and the weekend warriors are out, pointlessly revving their bikes like the heroes they are! "

Do try and get over yourself

Look at all those runners in the park who do they think they are Sebastian Coe !

Look at all those people playing football who do they think they are David Beckham !

Look at all those people over there playing Tennis who do they think they are , John bloody Maconroe ?

Look at all those people over there dancing who do they think they are Fred Astaire ?

And will you look at all those people over there complaining about bloody everything ! Who do they think they are , The bloody British ?

It’s not all about you , in fact in the great scheme of things very little is about you

By *ebel Red HotWoman
over a year ago

York

Rev it up some more really loud it doesn't bother me

By *ill37Man
over a year ago

cambridge

If you had a bike you would understand bikes need revving it makes the rider feel like a fucking racing god lol

I do get there are certain times of the day you need to have some respect for others which i personally do but if your bikes loud like mine not much you can do

over a year ago

"Just out for a run and the weekend warriors are out, pointlessly revving their bikes like the heroes they are!

Look at all those runners in the park who do they think they are Sebastian Coe !

Look at all those people playing football who do they think they are David Beckham !

Look at all those people over there playing Tennis who do they think they are , John bloody Maconroe ?

Look at all those people over there dancing who do they think they are Fred Astaire ?

And will you look at all those people over there complaining about bloody everything ! Who do they think they are , The bloody British ?

It’s not all about you , in fact in the great scheme of things very little is about you

"

Yeah, all those noisey runners what with their air cushioned soles striking the pavement, the deafing noise of the soft tennis ball on the tennis racket, the sound of a football boot against a bag filled with air, they’re all sooooo much louder than some biker revving the shite out of their bike for Absolutely no reason whatsoever.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Some high end cars have engine noise that is piped into the car interior on the speakers but quiet outside...

Strange

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

My mate has the same, and it sounds absolutely awsome

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"Not sure why bikers and car drivers need loud exhausts and car drivers playing their music so loud that they need the windows wide open. And why anyone would pay extra to have a non standard exhaust baffles me .."

I do agree to a certain extent, Johnny Nova removing his silencer or Cyril 125 putting a hollowed out baked bean can on the back does nothing for me either. However my Slovenian titanium exhaust system (note not just a can) is a thing of beauty & weighs less than a third of a standard exhaust & releases 12bhp on it's own without other mods.

So some do it for the right reason, nothing goes on my bike unless it makes it lighter, faster or better handling. Nothing goes on for looks or just because I can..

S

over a year ago

Good thinking! Wake up somebody else's neighbours instead "

cant please everyone. including you

troll

over a year ago

Pushing a Harley.....thats normal isnt it ?? "

never had a single problem with it.

used it everyday rain or shine

over a year ago

My son was hated by everyone in the street when he'd start his Harley, ride off and set every car alarm off at half five in the morning.

I, on the other hand, was loved by all cos I had (had, cos it's been stolen) a very respectable GSXR 1100 with a Yoshi RS3 which was whisper quiet below about 7000rpm

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

troll"

You misunderstand me Patrick, I was not trolling you, It was an attempt at humour not abuse.

over a year ago

troll

You misunderstand me Patrick, I was not trolling you, It was an attempt at humour not abuse."

no worries man.

take it easy

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

troll

You misunderstand me Patrick, I was not trolling you, It was an attempt at humour not abuse.

no worries man.

take it easy "

over a year ago

horsham

"Just out for a run and the weekend warriors are out, pointlessly revving their bikes like the heroes they are!

Yeah, all those noisey runners what with their air cushioned soles striking the pavement, the deafing noise of the soft tennis ball on the tennis racket, the sound of a football boot against a bag filled with air, they’re all sooooo much louder than some biker revving the shite out of their bike for Absolutely no reason whatsoever. "

However it’s not for no reason is it . It’s what they do , they enjoy it obviously . Now I wasent there so never got the chance to ask them if revving there bikes was a necessity or was it just a fun thing to do . It’s what they do , just like you do your running ..

Yes it has obviously annoyed you , but they’ve bought there product , someone somewhere will have earned a living from suppling that product , the same as your “ Nike air “ and they are enjoying it ..

It’s just annoying you , The simple answer is to just enjoy your day and if when your running you nearly bump into someone just hope that they are not the type to get annoyed easily

over a year ago

Lol

^"

blimey, good job to get a duke to start

over a year ago

Yeah, all those noisey runners what with their air cushioned soles striking the pavement, the deafing noise of the soft tennis ball on the tennis racket, the sound of a football boot against a bag filled with air, they’re all sooooo much louder than some biker revving the shite out of their bike for Absolutely no reason whatsoever.

However it’s not for no reason is it . It’s what they do , they enjoy it obviously . Now I wasent there so never got the chance to ask them if revving there bikes was a necessity or was it just a fun thing to do . It’s what they do , just like you do your running ..

Yes it has obviously annoyed you , but they’ve bought there product , someone somewhere will have earned a living from suppling that product , the same as your “ Nike air “ and they are enjoying it ..

It’s just annoying you , The simple answer is to just enjoy your day and if when your running you nearly bump into someone just hope that they are not the type to get annoyed easily "

You sound like the one getting annoyed, I’m chilled and vibing to some dub reggae on a hammock in my yurt in the woods. Don’t take it personally I’m the same with leaf blowers, totally Unnecessary, just use a broom, I think as a society we’ve got lazy and selfish, just an observation, have a great weekend.

over a year ago

"Not sure why bikers and car drivers need loud exhausts and car drivers playing their music so loud that they need the windows wide open. And why anyone would pay extra to have a non standard exhaust baffles me .."

I don't need a loud one on my cars, both just happen to be like that as built.

over a year ago

horsham

No I’m not annoyed , to old in the tooth now . yes you too have a great weekend

over a year ago

Loud engines of any sort are just cunty and abnoxious in my opinion.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 17/10/20 17:33:59]

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Like loud parties.. when your up early next door..

over a year ago

I asked my dad and he said ‘for fuck sake [Queenie] do you think we actually mean to rev that loud? That’s just how it is when you first turn it on and get going’

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"I asked my dad and he said ‘for fuck sake [Queenie] do you think we actually mean to rev that loud? That’s just how it is when you first turn it on and get going’"

80’s & 90’s Kawasaki fours are a nightmare when cold, it’s either so slow they won’t tick over happily or a whiff of ch@ke & it’s 5000 bloody rpm!

S

over a year ago

Pushing a Harley.....thats normal isnt it ??

never had a single problem with it.

used it everyday rain or shine"

Been more reliable than my bloody Triumph then lol

over a year ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qSZUaCNX_ZA

Post new Message to Thread