Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Shame on you couples!

Jump to newest

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Being the sad (yet accurate) person that I am (and also the fact I was never going to do any real work today) I thought I’d gather some statistics.

I’ve always understood that single guys are not all bad – but it’s the sheer volume and so repetition which appears to amplify the problem … i.e. you notice it more because there are more of them.

Removing the subjective factors… do I fancy them and are they my type etc… sticking purely to ‘did they read my profile’ and ‘random** one line lazy messages’ and only counting couples profiles which have been verified as couples by a reasonable number of people who are also verified by a reasonable number of people (I didn’t count the one which looked dodgy), I been and done some counting.

** random – no relation to anything in my profile or a forum post – i.e. “wanna meet” “nice pics” etc.

51% of single guys who contacted me for the first time wrote a random one line message.

67% of single guy who sent me a message showed no signs that they had read my profile.

However…………….. *wait for it*……………..

90% of single couples who contacted me for the first time wrote a random one line message.

100% of couples who sent me a message showed no signs that they had read my profile.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

whats a single couple

over a year ago

*90% of couples.... obviously not "single couples"

over a year ago

"*90% of couples.... obviously not "single couples" "

Ooops - wasn't quick enough spotting my own typo.... I knew someone would say something.

over a year ago

they sharp as rapiers and quick off the blocks in here....lolol

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Thats quite an eye opener - must say that most couples who make contact with us quite obviously haven't read our profile - but you're right to draw attention to this as single guys do tend to get a lot of flak!

By *ingmasterMan
over a year ago

nottingham

shock !!!?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

And why it proves one thing.....poor single men are always the ones who people whinge about the most !

I am going to stand up for all the single men.

We obviously invite mails from single men and have had many, and although we have had odd ones that we have thought "what?? " they are few and far between.

We do have a lot of mails from couples though who have obviously not read what is in our profile.

over a year ago

Damn you couples how dare you get in contact with me.....oh yes that is righ you havn't

over a year ago

I read every profile I look at it keeps me out of trouble I hope. I tend to wait until someone writes to me..

MMMMMM Curry...

over a year ago

I've just been counting 'friend requests' and whilst it was 50/50, if I just count the request from people who didn't send a message at the same time.... oowww guess who is the worst offender yet again tut tut at the couples.

over a year ago

oh those cheeky couples!!!!! tut tut tut

over a year ago

" ... I am going to stand up for all the single men. ...

"

Not all of them!

Just 33%

over a year ago

Thanks Polo you are one in a million xxxxxx now about that curry

over a year ago

"Thanks Polo you are one in a million xxxxxx now about that curry "

It's a long way for you to come just for a curry... but my shami kebabs are worth it

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 09/10/09 16:25:30]

over a year ago

" ... I am going to stand up for all the single men. ...

Not all of them!

Just 33%

No , more than 33%

I will stand up for the ones who have mailed us, how about that? "

That's cool

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

We will stand up for the ones who have mailed us, how about that?

Sorry polo lol I took it off as I had said I instead of we

over a year ago

We are drifting off topic here Polo Curries and Kebabs now there's a one liner to draw my attention

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

well at least you prove one thing thats often over looked, and thats that couples are frequently just as bad if not worse than guy's. but not to pour water on the fire, it's been my expirence that on the whole it's the male part of the couple who makes first contact though,erm oh dear i've just done males down again

over a year ago

"well at least you prove one thing thats often over looked, and thats that couples are frequently just as bad if not worse than guy's. but not to pour water on the fire, it's been my expirence that on the whole it's the male part of the couple who makes first contact though,erm oh dear i've just done males down again "

who let you in????....just when us guys were starting to get good press

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"well at least you prove one thing thats often over looked, and thats that couples are frequently just as bad if not worse than guy's. but not to pour water on the fire, it's been my expirence that on the whole it's the male part of the couple who makes first contact though,erm oh dear i've just done males down again

who let you in????....just when us guys were starting to get good press "

errrrmmmm sowwey but i thought i'd just put it in before someone else sussed us out

over a year ago

"well at least you prove one thing thats often over looked, and thats that couples are frequently just as bad if not worse than guy's. but not to pour water on the fire, it's been my expirence that on the whole it's the male part of the couple who makes first contact though,erm oh dear i've just done males down again "

***Shakes head in disbelief***

FFS the one rare occasion a thread about someone other than single guys is posted it starts to turn it into a single guy issue...and it's a single guy doing it.

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"well at least you prove one thing thats often over looked, and thats that couples are frequently just as bad if not worse than guy's. but not to pour water on the fire, it's been my expirence that on the whole it's the male part of the couple who makes first contact though,erm oh dear i've just done males down again

FFS the one rare occasion a thread about someone other than single guys is posted it starts to turn it into a single guy issue...and it's a single guy doing it. "

no i merely pointed out that on the whole in couples it's the guys who make first contact with other people

over a year ago

FFS the one rare occasion a thread about someone other than single guys is posted it starts to turn it into a single guy issue...and it's a single guy doing it.

no i merely pointed out that on the whole in couples it's the guys who make first contact with other people "

Most of the couple I know (the nice ones that is)... it's the famale who does the chatting as the shes are generally more picky and alway have the final word.

As one said once "oh no I don't let him near the PM's ... he'll be mailing everyone I don't like then leaving me to explain why we are now saying 'no thanks'"

over a year ago

no i merely pointed out that on the whole in couples it's the guys who make first contact with other people "

In your experience....obviously there will be many many many couples where the female is the one to make the first contact (as has been my experience). So lets keep at least one thread on topic and keep in line with what the op posted.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

no i merely pointed out that on the whole in couples it's the guys who make first contact with other people

Most of the couple I know (the nice ones that is)... it's the famale who does the chatting as the shes are generally more picky and alway have the final word.

As one said once "oh no I don't let him near the PM's ... he'll be mailing everyone I don't like then leaving me to explain why we are now saying 'no thanks'""

Same here polo, the Mr lets me do the picking as I am the one who is going to be having him, so to speak

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

i'm just going by the 30/40 couples profile's where it's states the female will want to chat after initial contac, there maybe more but those are just the few i have seen

over a year ago

"i'm just going by the 30/40 couples profile's where it's states the female will want to chat after initial contac, there maybe more but those are just the few i have seen "

That doesn't mean the female is not typing - it usually means the female will want to speak in person (phone) at some point... especially common when it's two couples to have fem to fem chat to prove a female does really exist.

over a year ago

The other side of the coin - as a single bloke I read a profile and tailor my intro letter to make my approach personal make sure I am what they are looking for and guess what, no one bothers even too say no thanks.

When I played as a M/F couple the same personal approach was made and the same result......most never even bothered with a thanks, but no thanks.

So which is the best way to go - one liner, read the profile and write as appropriate? Seems to me that neither approach is right.

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"i'm just going by the 30/40 couples profile's where it's states the female will want to chat after initial contac, there maybe more but those are just the few i have seen

That doesn't mean the female is not typing - it usually means the female will want to speak in person (phone) at some point... especially common when it's two couples to have fem to fem chat to prove a female does really exist."

well i'll withdraw my misguided statement then as i misguidedly thought it meant that the male was incharge of the profile and made first contact,( though i'm sure this is the case in some instance's) and anyway i'm pleased to see that couplke can and do come under fire too from time to time too

over a year ago

"The other side of the coin - as a single bloke I read a profile and tailor my intro letter to make my approach personal make sure I am what they are looking for and guess what, no one bothers even too say no thanks.

When I played as a M/F couple the same personal approach was made and the same result......most never even bothered with a thanks, but no thanks.

So which is the best way to go - one liner, read the profile and write as appropriate? Seems to me that neither approach is right."

One thing is for sure... if you don't bother to write a decent message, the time you do actually send one to someone who would have been interested, you'll end up with no reply because you're just another one liner who couldn't be arsed.

over a year ago

Thanks Polo for bringing some balance to the continual 'downing' of single guys.

Without wanting to go off topic, my experience is that couples are certainly no better than single women when it comes to getting a reply, at least as ignorant!!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Whos gonna volunteer to write "the guide for couples then?"

over a year ago

"Whos gonna volunteer to write "the guide for couples then?"

"

Just copy and paste the single guy guide!

over a year ago

Oh to getting any friend requests!!!
"I've just been counting 'friend requests' and whilst it was 50/50, if I just count the request from people who didn't send a message at the same time.... oowww guess who is the worst offender yet again tut tut at the couples."

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

over a year ago

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

your not such a bad lass

Post new Message to Thread