Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Early finish on training courses WWYD?

Jump to newest

By *issMeSlowly OP   Man
over a year ago

Northampton

So I have been sent to Leeds for a week to complete some training. 2 courses, 2 certificates, multiple tests. The course should have finished lunchtime tomorrow, but due to the fact I was on the course on my own, and understood / have experience in all the topics covered, I finished last night, all tests passed, both certificates awarded.

The hotel is booked, with breakfast, and I get evening meals paid for. As I didn't get back yo the hotel until 7 last night, I couldn't be bothered to drive home for 3 hours. But would you go back today, and return to work? Or would you lounge around for a day, make the most of the hotel and meals?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Absolutely no question in my mind. I'd lounge around the hotel, go for a nice walk, watch some telly, have a nap, listen to some music. Enjoy taking a day out of life.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Depends...

Have you got summat better to do at home? If not, stick around and enjoy it, might aswell if it's already paid for

Lu

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Stay at the hotel! I love a hotel.....(sighs)

By *ent in BlackMan
over a year ago

Silsden

Personally I’d phone my employer and ask them what they want me to do. It shows integrity and is appreciated by employers. Most will say kickback relax and take you’re time we’re not expecting you back anyway.

By *ersnickety PantsWoman
over a year ago

Club Meets Only

It's a bit of a no brainer really, make the most of it!

over a year ago

"Personally I’d phone my employer and ask them what they want me to do. It shows integrity and is appreciated by employers. Most will say kickback relax and take you’re time we’re not expecting you back anyway."

Brown nose

By *uriouscouple83Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

I have had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago, I just made sure the trainer put the intended end date on the certificate and not the actual one and then went shopping

The trainer was doing the same thing so was hardly going to mention it to anyone.

By *ent in BlackMan
over a year ago

Silsden

"Personally I’d phone my employer and ask them what they want me to do. It shows integrity and is appreciated by employers. Most will say kickback relax and take you’re time we’re not expecting you back anyway.

Brown nose "

Nope, just found out the hard way once.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"Personally I’d phone my employer and ask them what they want me to do. It shows integrity and is appreciated by employers. Most will say kickback relax and take you’re time we’re not expecting you back anyway.

Brown nose

Nope, just found out the hard way once."

I'd do the same...my boss would likely say take the day off, but I've seen people get bitten on the arse in the past when they've tried to do it sneakily and people have found out.

I had something similar a couple of weeks ago, I was staying with a friend but working, and couldn't log on for 2 days due to technical issues...I then had some annual leave booked and asked if they wanted me to log on during that to make up for not being able to work. They said no, but it earnt me brownie points, which isn't a bad thing in this climate where redundancies could be a possibility in the not too distant future.

over a year ago

"So I have been sent to Leeds for a week to complete some training. 2 courses, 2 certificates, multiple tests. The course should have finished lunchtime tomorrow, but due to the fact I was on the course on my own, and understood / have experience in all the topics covered, I finished last night, all tests passed, both certificates awarded.

The hotel is booked, with breakfast, and I get evening meals paid for. As I didn't get back yo the hotel until 7 last night, I couldn't be bothered to drive home for 3 hours. But would you go back today, and return to work? Or would you lounge around for a day, make the most of the hotel and meals?"

The latter unless you had someone to get home too

over a year ago

"So I have been sent to Leeds for a week to complete some training. 2 courses, 2 certificates, multiple tests. The course should have finished lunchtime tomorrow, but due to the fact I was on the course on my own, and understood / have experience in all the topics covered, I finished last night, all tests passed, both certificates awarded.

The hotel is booked, with breakfast, and I get evening meals paid for. As I didn't get back yo the hotel until 7 last night, I couldn't be bothered to drive home for 3 hours. But would you go back today, and return to work? Or would you lounge around for a day, make the most of the hotel and meals?"

The latter unless you had someone to get home too well done for passing OP

over a year ago

I'd call the boss and say, I'm sure most reasonable employers would say just relax, as I'm sure that allowances would have been made for all the days you were away.

over a year ago

"Stay at the hotel! I love a hotel.....(sighs)"

Noted

over a year ago

Once had a weeks course in Wolverhampton, myself another guy and a young lady. First night after a few drinks we all went back to my room. After a while we all relaxed on the bed, next thing we where all naked she being fucked doggy style while she gave me a BJ. Other guy came then dressed and left the young lady and myself continued on our own and for the rest of the week, we had a wonderful time. The course wasn't bad either.

Post new Message to Thread