Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Physical Vs Mental

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There can be so many differences between physical and mental experiences or images.

When we are talking to someone we have not met we build up a mental image of what they are like, when we are talking about new experiences we build up a mental image.

Until you meet or go through the experience you have no idea how close your mental impression was

The same with fantasies in that the mental imagery is almost better than the reality.

I think the same can be said about illnesses. Physical illnesses are easier to see and explain and I believe accepted easier. With mental there can be many misconceptions and people can sometimes assume someone is faking it, or just needs to pull themselves together or they have brought it all on themselves.

Over the last few years when ever went to the docs over something physical i knew it would be minor but i so wanted them to tell me it was something serious. At times this felt wrong due to those who have gone through or are going through serious illness but in my head it would be easier for others to accept and I would not feel like I was trying to defend myself every time I spoke about what was going on

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Have you been able to talk to someone about it since? Have you had some help?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Have you been able to talk to someone about it since? Have you had some help?"

Still ongoing - mainly friends but lockdown does not help matters as with so many others

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You are not the only one that feels this way

The mind can be a cruel swine x

Post new Message to Thread