Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

One that got away..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

..meh

Just thinking how different life would be..

Anyone else ever pondered on a 'what if'??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes but recently more in a thank god I left them kinda way.

I casually looked up my ex husband on Facebook the other night. I think I must have been d*unk or devoid of my senses out entire 9 year marriage.

I've been divorced 11 years now and it still baffles me how it even happened in the first place

over a year ago

Yeah! A girl from my younger years. Was mad into her but few things happened and we moved apart. Still think of her now. 30 years ago!

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Never had one that got away, still great friends with my ex

over a year ago

"Yeah! A girl from my younger years. Was mad into her but few things happened and we moved apart. Still think of her now. 30 years ago! "

Any way to track her down? Social media is great at re connecting people x x

By *ittyandtheboyCouple
over a year ago

Back of the bins.

Normally jobs me (the boy)

Apprentice at a nuclear power plant!!

Apprentice with a power distribution company

Highway’s traffic officer

Etc

over a year ago

"Never had one that got away, still great friends with my ex "

I honestly wish i could have been friends with mine.

over a year ago

"Normally jobs me (the boy)

Etc"

So is yours more a missed oppertunity? X

By *acavityMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"..meh

Anyone else ever pondered on a 'what if'?? "

I'm on friendly terms with my exes, but there's only one is I'd go out with a second time.

over a year ago

"..meh

Anyone else ever pondered on a 'what if'??

I'm on friendly terms with my exes, but there's only one is I'd go out with a second time."

Have you tried to re kindle things? Does she know x

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Never had one that got away, still great friends with my ex

I honestly wish i could have been friends with mine. "

We should have never made the transition from good friends to lovers, luckily we could slip back into just friends as it didn't get nasty

over a year ago

Funnily enough friends with all past FB but but not really ex's

over a year ago

I've made a couple of poor choices but more things to learn from than regret.

over a year ago

There has been 2 but ex fwb rather than ex partners and circumstances meant we couldn’t continue. Still friends with them both

By *uriouscouple83Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

Nah, I only had one serious relationship with a loser that racked up loads of debt in my name. He’s still doing the same now.

Luckily my best friend (now my husband) helped me sort out all the crap I got left to deal with and I have never looked back

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Yes but recently more in a thank god I left them kinda way.

I casually looked up my ex husband on Facebook the other night. I think I must have been d*unk or devoid of my senses out entire 9 year marriage.

I've been divorced 11 years now and it still baffles me how it even happened in the first place "

Ha ha I'm same when I look at my first husband x

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan
over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

Someone from when I was 23-24

It never progressed beyond friends because I was too shy (but nobody believes it. I cover it pretty well)

over a year ago

"Nah, I only had one serious relationship with a loser that racked up loads of debt in my name. He’s still doing the same now.

Luckily my best friend (now my husband) helped me sort out all the crap I got left to deal with and I have never looked back "

Glad youve got a happy ending.. one day i will get mine x x x

over a year ago

My longest relationship was when I was 30, it lasted less than a year but might of been longer had I not fucked it. Think about her once and a while because she was, is, a lovely woman, but I try not dwell on whatifs

By *ittyandtheboyCouple
over a year ago

Back of the bins.

Etc

So is yours more a missed oppertunity? X "

Kinda, I was always very close to being chosen. But my current job takes me good places and is interesting so I’m not too upset.

over a year ago

"My longest relationship was when I was 30, it lasted less than a year but might of been longer had I not fucked it. Think about her once and a while because she was, is, a lovely woman, but I try not dwell on whatifs "

Oooh so does this mean you still have potential feelings?? Message her, even if just to say hi to a friend x

over a year ago

Etc

So is yours more a missed oppertunity? X

Kinda, I was always very close to being chosen. But my current job takes me good places and is interesting so I’m not too upset. "

Glad that youve a good job still x x

over a year ago

"My longest relationship was when I was 30, it lasted less than a year but might of been longer had I not fucked it. Think about her once and a while because she was, is, a lovely woman, but I try not dwell on whatifs

Oooh so does this mean you still have potential feelings?? Message her, even if just to say hi to a friend x "

I don't have her number anymore and she's married now anyway

over a year ago

"My longest relationship was when I was 30, it lasted less than a year but might of been longer had I not fucked it. Think about her once and a while because she was, is, a lovely woman, but I try not dwell on whatifs

Oooh so does this mean you still have potential feelings?? Message her, even if just to say hi to a friend x

I don't have her number anymore and she's married now anyway "

Guess you just smile when you think of her though..

Doubt anyone would see me as a 'one that got away'.. id be flattered if someone did think that highly of me x

over a year ago

Glad mine got away or rather i did but we all have our crosses to bear, we all live and learn and move on in someway or another

over a year ago

I don't have her number anymore and she's married now anyway

Guess you just smile when you think of her though..

Doubt anyone would see me as a 'one that got away'.. id be flattered if someone did think that highly of me x "

I think you need to start by doubting less and maybe thinking more highly of yourself first, you seem lovely on here so I wouldn't think it would be a stretch for others to see it though I don't know your exes lol

But yes, I smile whenever she crosses my mind

over a year ago

"

I think you need to start by doubting less and maybe thinking more highly of yourself first, you seem lovely on here so I wouldn't think it would be a stretch for others to see it though I don't know your exes lol

But yes, I smile whenever she crosses my mind "

Awww Sirius

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Personally it's not really something I believe in. Things end for a reason. If it was important enough to both of you, you wouldn't have let it end and you certainly wouldn't have moved on. If its one sided you deserve someone who wants you just as much.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Thank god I got away is my usual story

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

Mine is my most recent one, and I'm still beating myself up about it

It's the one time I really have wished time machines existed so I could go back and fix things

over a year ago

No, not anymore. I done the whole "what if" thing trying to fix a dead marriage, the only thing it achieved was destroying my health and self worth.

If they got away so to speak, it's because we weren't compatible in the first place, I'm right where I should be with the people in my life who want and deserve to be in it.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Personally it's not really something I believe in. Things end for a reason. If it was important enough to both of you, you wouldn't have let it end and you certainly wouldn't have moved on. If its one sided you deserve someone who wants you just as much. "

I think this is a very healthy outlook to have.

By *RSTCouple
over a year ago

S. Northants

Yeh, there are 2 girls in particular. One of which came along at the same time as I met Mrs DRST. It was a toss of the coin between the 2 in the early days. Pretty sure if I'd chosen the other lady I would not be on here and living the life we are now.

Some people are best left as "what if". If not then talk to them, there's nothing to lose if you don't already have them.

Xx

over a year ago

The guy I met on here who turned out to be married (in the cheat sense, not in a swingers sense)

I know in my head that I could never have trusted him yadda yadda yadda, but I've never had a connection like that before or since.

I probably should stop talking to him (we are still friends) as I think while he is on the scene no one else stands a chance....sigh...

By *oberts_onMan
over a year ago

King's Lynn

"..meh

Been giving this a lot of thought recently. Been chatting to an ex, that i should have never let slip away...

over a year ago

yes

over a year ago

I don't think a day goes by where there isn't a thought but you can't let that affect where you are right now. You can't change people to be what you want them to be. Just have to keep moving forward and resist looking back.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I try not to think of what ifs because I'll just end up spiralling probably. Try to just learn from past experience to improve my future. Not always easy though

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I’d not split up with my first serious fella. But then I’d not have the kids I have now, and I wouldn’t be without them.

I am where I am because of the choices I made in the past, and those choices were made for very good reasons. I’m where I am because of who I am. That’ll do me.

over a year ago

"I am where I am because of the choices I made in the past, and those choices were made for very good reasons. I’m where I am because of who I am. That’ll do me."

Pretty much ^^this^^.

I used to do what ifs (what if I hadn't messed up my 'A' levels and got to the London College of Printing? what if I hadn't got in a **real** mood with a particular girlfriend?).

But at the time those choices felt like the right ones so I am where I am (and who I am) because of those choices (and if I had made opposite choices doesn't mean the outcome would've been better). Try not to do what ifs now but occasionally they creep in.

By *orace99Man
over a year ago

York

"..meh

Pondering "what if" is the bane of my life closely followed by "why didn't you say"

I am a bit of a worry monkey.

over a year ago

Don't look backwards, you're not going that way.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

At the end of my last relationship there were many, and I thought he was gonna be the one that got away.

He isn't.

I'm his one that got away.

As much as we had good times, there would have been a hint of toxicity and I'd have been second guessing those what ifs even if the ones I wanted back then came true.

What if he wasn't married? Well he was.

What if we met sooner? Well we didn't

What if he was brutally honest? Well he wasn't

I owe myself better than that.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"At the end of my last relationship there were many, and I thought he was gonna be the one that got away.

He isn't.

I'm his one that got away.

As much as we had good times, there would have been a hint of toxicity and I'd have been second guessing those what ifs even if the ones I wanted back then came true.

What if he wasn't married? Well he was.

What if we met sooner? Well we didn't

What if he was brutally honest? Well he wasn't

I owe myself better than that.

"

ya Peach

over a year ago

"The guy I met on here who turned out to be married (in the cheat sense, not in a swingers sense)

I know in my head that I could never have trusted him yadda yadda yadda, but I've never had a connection like that before or since.

I probably should stop talking to him (we are still friends) as I think while he is on the scene no one else stands a chance....sigh..."

This for me too.

I didn't meet him but I want to

I no longer talk to him but I want to.

It's so ridiculous I don't even know this man

I think he was around at a time when I needed someone on my wavelength and I wished it was more.

over a year ago

I used to...then I met Jeff.

Now I know why the others couldn't have ever worked.

Lu

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"The guy I met on here who turned out to be married (in the cheat sense, not in a swingers sense)

I probably should stop talking to him (we are still friends) as I think while he is on the scene no one else stands a chance....sigh..."

You owe it to yourself to free yourself.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

No. Ive never had a one that got away. Sòon as something is over its over and i never look back

over a year ago

Yeah I think about him every single day

over a year ago

https://youtu.be/Ahha3Cqe_fk

Very sad, but was is meant for you, will always be for you. x

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"..meh

More than I should admit none with regret

over a year ago

Each choice I've taken through life has led me to where I am today. I cant change them and even if sometimes you think that you would go back to change one or two of those calls, it won't change where you are now.

Enjoy it, it's a long a winding road, if you want to change something for the future, do it Life's for living, not reminiscing about things we "could have done" .....

By *appytochatMan
over a year ago

Deep in the New Forest

Yep alway think back to when I had the chance everytime I see them. Still kicking myself now.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

No one got away, we made our choices and they were right ones to make at that point in time.

Wondering what if will just eat you up, learn the lessons from the experience and move on.

over a year ago

If you love them ....let them go

Not really sure why people say that.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

"Yeah! A girl from my younger years. Was mad into her but few things happened and we moved apart. Still think of her now. 30 years ago! "

This except mine is about 40 years ago.

By *mnipotent_BehemothMan
over a year ago

near Merry Hill shopping centre

Far too often, somehow my mind has a great way of keeping the what if scenarios going years and years after

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Nope, we parted because that was the right thing to do at the time.

Same as quelling my stubbornness and not telling someone to do one so they remained in my life was the right thing to do at that particular moment

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I always wish i had gone to live in France with my French boyfriend 30years ago. No internet or mobiles in those days to remain in touch although wrote loads of letters. We drifted apart although found each other again several years later so we are now on touch and facebook friends. He has changed and so have i but those lovely memories will always remain.x

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Definitely think "what if" but we are where we are now, and can't go back, even if I tried..... And I have....

Might as well just work towards buying my mansion and forming a harem

over a year ago

Absolutely.

What if I'd left my ex sacked off, wouldn't have my beautiful daughter but wouldn't have had to face 4 years of abuse and it still continues even after I left.

By *imBanksMan
over a year ago

Letchworth

A few. Always seemed to be the right person but the wrong time or place.

I hope to meet one of my past nearly's as she is on her with her hubbie!

By *nkforthekinkMan
over a year ago

london/fareham

Yea for sure! The one that always crosses my mind still to this day! Mainly because her nickname is my preferred password of choice haha. She was perfect! I meet her at harcourt sands holiday camp some 16 years ago literally spent Everyday and night of our last week there together exchanged phone numbers to see each other again when we left (way before Facebook) we had spoke on the phone everyday! I crashed my moped the following weekend losing my phone and her in the process! had no way other way of contacting each other! Lauren from potters bar gone but never forgotten!

By *ikesEmBigMan
over a year ago

Herts

Story of my life!

over a year ago

Yes my childhood sweetheart 40 years later and I still keep thinking what if

By *orace99Man
over a year ago

York

"Yes my childhood sweetheart 40 years later and I still keep thinking what if"

Glad it isn't just me.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

All the time... I ponder about at least 5 different occasions in my life that could have turned out completely differently.. and 2 in particular that I handled badly that I massively regret

Post new Message to Thread