Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gas boiler help

Jump to newest

By *aptiveAudience OP   Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

Could anyone give me some advice on the topic of combi gas boilers please?

I have Remeha Avanta Plus 39c combi boiler that is starting to go wrong and therefore stops working at times. I’ve done some reading and it looks like I might be able to get a government granted boiler where I pay £395 for them to replace it.

They are coming out to asses the boiler and eligibility in a few weeks time. My question is that I would like to know what sort of boiler you would be hoping for them to replace it with? Are there certain brands and models/ratings/output that are good to go for and is there any way that I can influence what EON choose?

I’ve never had a new boiler before so just interested in getting some information/knowledge of what people on here have done/would do in my situation and what I should be aiming for.

Thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My folks did this scheme, you generally get a cheap option and a more expensive option, but my dads has been really good since its been installed so thumbs up this end OP!

Good luck

over a year ago

Look for established brands like Gloworm or Worcester, see what guarantee they come with, also check out reviews for them when you get the quotes

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

I paid over £2k for mine a couple of years ago

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Valiant.

By *ichaelsmyMan
over a year ago

douglas

It’s a straight up ask them for the details. They won’t install a boiler that isn’t good enough for your place.

I been lucky in my boiler went while I was renting out my house so could claim it as an expense against tax.

The last time the gas bird were doing great deals if you asked them direct as well

over a year ago

Worcester Bosch or valiant

By *osforthMan
over a year ago

newcastle on tyne

Baxi is very common therefore parts are plentiful & reasonably cheap come the time it will need repair. If you have an average 3 bed house a 30kw output will be enough & cost around £800-900.

Post new Message to Thread