Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Social Isolation..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Not going to lie, working from home... Now its starting to get to me having literally no one to really speak to all day..

Every day until much later.

Had enough now.. :/

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah it's wearing. Solidarity.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Chin up, its tough times and not easy! Use the forums, contact friends, face times and zoom are just ways on interacting! Bad times are always followed by better times buddy

over a year ago

When you have lunch then leave your home and have lunch in a cafe/pub or go to a shop to buy lunch.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Yep there no real substitute to physical interaction, online is a distraction , it doesn’t really scratch the itch

over a year ago

Its really not a nice situation at all.

I think the suggestion of getting out of the house during breaks is a good idea. X

By *BC StitchMan
over a year ago

London

"Its really not a nice situation at all.

I think the suggestion of getting out of the house during breaks is a good idea. X"

Definitely true

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

So many are feeling the same and the winter is going to be tough for us all. I think the uncertainties are making things worse as for now there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.

over a year ago

"So many are feeling the same and the winter is going to be tough for us all. I think the uncertainties are making things worse as for now there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel."

Yes that's how I feel because there doesn't really feel there's anything to look forward to at the moment. Even if we make plans there's always a possibility that there gonna have to be cancelled because somebody has a symptom or there's a local lockdown. Just feels like there has to be a plan A, B & C for everything.

over a year ago

Did think about the lunch thing.

It's got to the point where my morning commute is from bed to computer, start working with a few minutes to spare, then dont stop.

With how busy it is as well, even lunch ends up optional..

Just gets to the point where I'd at least prefer to speak to a human who can breathe independently from their mouth and nose, not at the same time for at least ten minutes. Ya know?

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Did think about the lunch thing.

It's got to the point where my morning commute is from bed to computer, start working with a few minutes to spare, then dont stop.

Just gets to the point where I'd at least prefer to speak to a human who can breathe independently from their mouth and nose, not at the same time for at least ten minutes. Ya know? "

Are you alone 24/7 OP ?

over a year ago

"Did think about the lunch thing.

Just gets to the point where I'd at least prefer to speak to a human who can breathe independently from their mouth and nose, not at the same time for at least ten minutes. Ya know? "

Definitely make time for lunch and get out as much as possible.

over a year ago

"Not going to lie, working from home... Now its starting to get to me having literally no one to really speak to all day..

Every day until much later.

Had enough now.. :/"

Don't be sad. Its tough out there for many of us.

Forums great place to use. Call your friends. Face time them. Let them know that you need them more than ever. Family call them. Visit them. Don't be alone.

over a year ago

I should really.

Its kind of a time when people are (quite rightly) keeping to themselves as well right now from a conversational standpoint.

Meh..

over a year ago

"Yep there no real substitute to physical interaction, online is a distraction , it doesn’t really scratch the itch "

Well said.

over a year ago

I work in wild places solitary, 7 days a week. The silence of it is drawing me in and Im struggling with it now. I was a full on dancer before all this...but I can t find the enjoyment in dance now as it frustrates me knowing my dance can now only be solo...oh well thats my moan...to everyone else feeling this way...stay strong and if you want virtual hugs then here I go sending them

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I think the negative impacts of lockdown are not being considered much by the government. Luke

Post new Message to Thread