Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The manosphere

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Guys (men folk) how would you describe what the manosphere is, what would be the key points?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

Considering I've never heard of it, I can't help, sorry Is this anything like Mad Max's Thunderdome?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

An ideology held by misogynistic men that think the fact that they have a cock is all it takes to be the dominant of the species.

To say its out dated would be giving it credence that it was ever right in the first place but there certainly is no toom for it in today's equal society.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It's a very loosely grouped description of men who are sexist towards women ...

Not clever on their part...

Personally I think comedy should be exempt from the description.. but not sure all would agree with that. I don't mean comedy that puts women down but merely humour that we can all enjoy

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

The fact I’ve never heard of it, or seen it regularly may reflect well on me, for not wanting to be a part of that worn out thinking.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It could be a label used to shut down men tho ?

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Is it wrong that I have a vision of a naked man on a space hopper

Jo x

over a year ago

Emanating from the 'Men's Liberation Movement' of the '70s/'80s it is a loose grouping of mancentric online groups.

Generally they beleive feminism has corrupted society and only by adopting a hyper-masculine role and getting women to submit to men can society be saved.

The main points are promoting some forms of masculinity, opposition towards feminism, hostility towards women and an exagerated misogyny. Politically they are associated with the alt- and far-right.

They are associated with online harrasement and real world violence. Due to the increase of social media some of their ideas have entered more mainstream discourse and some of their ideas maybe picked up by men not particularly associated with the manosphere.

By *ersnickety PantsWoman
over a year ago

Club Meets Only

It sounds like some space station that Red Dwarf could dock with

over a year ago

"Emanating from the 'Men's Liberation Movement' of the '70s/'80s it is a loose grouping of mancentric online groups.

Generally they beleive feminism has corrupted society and only by adopting a hyper-masculine role and getting women to submit to men can society be saved.

The main points are promoting some forms of masculinity, opposition towards feminism, hostility towards women and an exagerated misogyny. Politically they are associated with the alt- and far-right.

They are associated with online harrasement and real world violence. Due to the increase of social media some of their ideas have entered more mainstream discourse and some of their ideas maybe picked up by men not particularly associated with the manosphere."

Go on admit it, Before this thread you’d never heard of it, you’ve just googled it and copied and pasted it haven’t you ?!

over a year ago

"Emanating from the 'Men's Liberation Movement' of the '70s/'80s it is a loose grouping of mancentric online groups.

They are associated with online harrasement and real world violence. Due to the increase of social media some of their ideas have entered more mainstream discourse and some of their ideas maybe picked up by men not particularly associated with the manosphere.

Go on admit it, Before this thread you’d never heard of it, you’ve just googled it and copied and pasted it haven’t you ?! "

I had heard of it before. But I never just copy&paste

over a year ago

I saw Mancentric live in the 80s - they were great.

By *ewsub4dommeMan
over a year ago

thirsk

Sounds like a load of bollocks

over a year ago

It's the space forbidden for women. They may never enter it or comprehend it.

There are some species of women who try and man themselves into it but it's a sacred place, you may be treated as part of the pack but you'll never be in the pack!

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"It's the space forbidden for women. They may never enter it or comprehend it.

There are some species of women who try and man themselves into it but it's a sacred place, you may be treated as part of the pack but you'll never be in the pack!"

What's the first rule of the pack...

over a year ago

Is there bicycles and jelly babies ? Oh and cake ?

If not I'll stay out

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I read it as men who have suffered at the hands of women in the past, got burned and chosen to go their own way and do their own thing without being under the control of women. They are choosing not to enter into relationships with women for fear of losing out. They claim that they are happier this way.

Personally, I see them as damaged people who choose to opt out of societal norms.

I have read a little bit on their forums over the last week, some are very misogynistic whereas others are not, but just “tap out” and have nothing to do with women. Some won’t even be at round women at all for fear of being accused of something untoward.

Strange world we are living in!

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I read it as men who have suffered at the hands of women in the past, got burned and chosen to go their own way and do their own thing without being under the control of women. They are choosing not to enter into relationships with women for fear of losing out. They claim that they are happier this way.

Personally, I see them as damaged people who choose to opt out of societal norms.

I have read a little bit on their forums over the last week, some are very misogynistic whereas others are not, but just “tap out” and have nothing to do with women. Some won’t even be at round women at all for fear of being accused of something untoward.

Strange world we are living in!"

I can identify with some of that

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I read it as men who have suffered at the hands of women in the past, got burned and chosen to go their own way and do their own thing without being under the control of women. They are choosing not to enter into relationships with women for fear of losing out. They claim that they are happier this way.

Strange world we are living in!"

Can't see the issue with not adopting so called societal norms.. what is the norm? People acting to peer pressure and the must get married, must have children... Not sure I want to live as a sheep.. but each to their own...

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Can't see the issue with not adopting so called societal norms.. what is the norm? People acting to peer pressure and the must get married, must have children... Not sure I want to live as a sheep.. but each to their own..."

Agreed Tom, it’s almost as though life is binary, they are either “all in” or “all out”

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Unsuccessful guys who can’t communicate with women and go to events to learn the “game”

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Unsuccessful guys who can’t communicate with women and go to events to learn the “game” "

See, while that is true, it is only a very small part of this whole scene it would appear.

over a year ago

Here’s me thinking it’s the part of your body where you ‘manscape’, talk about being further from the truth

over a year ago

What a load of twoddle, why cant people just be respectful, kind and genuine without putting someone down because they dont conform. Its what makes it exciting that we are all different

over a year ago

Groups that fall under the manosphere category would include MGTOW, PUA, umm actually they’re the only two I know about. Any others?

over a year ago

"Groups that fall under the manosphere category would include MGTOW, PUA, umm actually they’re the only two I know about. Any others? "

Hey Annie have you ever read The Game by Neill strauss? X

over a year ago

"Groups that fall under the manosphere category would include MGTOW, PUA, umm actually they’re the only two I know about. Any others?

Hey Annie have you ever read The Game by Neill strauss? X"

I’ve been skim reading it this morning but only the first 85 pages were free. I’m not buying it. I’ve read loads of reviews where people have put the cliff notes.

over a year ago

"Groups that fall under the manosphere category would include MGTOW, PUA, umm actually they’re the only two I know about. Any others?

Hey Annie have you ever read The Game by Neill strauss? X

I’ve been skim reading it this morning but only the first 85 pages were free. I’m not buying it. I’ve read loads of reviews where people have put the cliff notes. "

Its an interesting view on PUA world and the different takes! I found it interesting for sure as i enjoy psychology

over a year ago

Bump for the evening crew.

Need more info please.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

An absolute fucking cesspit is what it is.

Anybody who is interested in the "manosphere" and its foul denizens should follow the blog We Hunted the Mammoth. David Futrelle has been tracking and mocking these bastards for years.

If, in future, you're struggling with any of the terminology used by "manospherians", consult the comprehensive manosphere glossary on RationalWiki: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Manosphere_glossary

over a year ago

"What a load of twoddle, why cant people just be respectful, kind and genuine without putting someone down because they dont conform. Its what makes it exciting that we are all different "

People are putting them down because they're abusive misogynists.

over a year ago

"An absolute fucking cesspit is what it is.

Anybody who is interested in the "manosphere" and its foul denizens should follow the blog We Hunted the Mammoth. David Futrelle has been tracking and mocking these bastards for years.

If, in future, you're struggling with any of the terminology used by "manospherians", consult the comprehensive manosphere glossary on RationalWiki: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Manosphere_glossary"

I’ll check it out now. Nice one.

over a year ago

"Guys (men folk) how would you describe what the manosphere is, what would be the key points?"

another one of these threads where you are basically having a go at men or looking to justify their behaviour towards you by finding phrases or definitions that explain why.

maybe you should look at yourself as to why men behave in such a way towards you.

sorry, but this sort of bashing or looking for terms to put men down is possibly why other women get abuse and cant find a nice guy to settle down with.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"It's a very loosely grouped description of men who are sexist towards women ...

Not clever on their part...

"

Not friends of Millie Tant from Viz then? "Up the Toon lads!"

By *rus96Man
over a year ago

hammersmith

i think is common sense to balance what you believe and fight for

and I am sure any sort of radicalism is wrong even the one that has a good purpose will end to be extreme and out of control.

if you watch the ted talk with an ex feminist which did a documentary called the red pill you will see how every radicalism lost their plot.

women and men deserve rights as humans

in some environments women are oppressed unfortunately but these are not simple men usually are powerful and rich

for a simple man I would like also to remember that the stigma and the pressure that a man has to be "strong,muscled,handsome and always hard"

is not as easy as it looks.

Personal opinion

over a year ago

"another one of these threads where you are basically having a go at men or looking to justify their behaviour towards you by finding phrases or definitions that explain why.

maybe you should look at yourself as to why men behave in such a way towards you.

sorry, but this sort of bashing or looking for terms to put men down is possibly why other women get abuse and cant find a nice guy to settle down with."

Don't paint all men with your bullshit mate.

Almost every man in this thread has said they think it's arse and don't want anything to do with it.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Does any of this negative thought pattern and behaviour come from religion?

Should you then confront that religion?

over a year ago

"another one of these threads where you are basically having a go at men or looking to justify their behaviour towards you by finding phrases or definitions that explain why.

sorry, but this sort of bashing or looking for terms to put men down is possibly why other women get abuse and cant find a nice guy to settle down with.

Don't paint all men with your bullshit mate.

Almost every man in this thread has said they think it's arse and don't want anything to do with it."

Calm your ego down Mr KittenTamer

over a year ago

"

Calm your ego down Mr KittenTamer"

Alright, maybe the Patricks of the world have a point after all..

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"an ex feminist which did a documentary called the red pill you will see how every radicalism lost their plot."

Ah yes. Cassie Jaye. Who got her documentary financed by *the people in said documentary*. And who accepted money from Mike Cernovich and Milo fucking Yiannopoulos. And who then went on to appear on the podcast of right-wing homophobe, r*pe apologist and white supremacist Matt Forney.

An absolutely unbiased and totally unproblematic source, that. Yes. Definitely. Ahem.

over a year ago

"Guys (men folk) how would you describe what the manosphere is, what would be the key points?

another one of these threads where you are basically having a go at men or looking to justify their behaviour towards you by finding phrases or definitions that explain why.

"

Dude what the fuck!? I haven’t put any men down at all. I’m trying to find out information that’s all.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Can't see the issue with not adopting so called societal norms.. what is the norm? People acting to peer pressure and the must get married, must have children... Not sure I want to live as a sheep.. but each to their own...

Agreed Tom, it’s almost as though life is binary, they are either “all in” or “all out”"

Don't say binary. Someone will complain.

By *rus96Man
over a year ago

hammersmith

"an ex feminist which did a documentary called the red pill you will see how every radicalism lost their plot.

Ah yes. Cassie Jaye. Who got her documentary financed by *the people in said documentary*. And who accepted money from Mike Cernovich and Milo fucking Yiannopoulos. And who then went on to appear on the podcast of right-wing homophobe, r*pe apologist and white supremacist Matt Forney.

An absolutely unbiased and totally unproblematic source, that. Yes. Definitely. Ahem.

"

as i said any form o radicalims has lost their plot

this was just an example i saw on youtube

sorry im not woke enough

over a year ago

"as i said any form o radicalims has lost their plot

this was just an example i saw on youtube

sorry im not woke enough

"

Then awaken

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Guys (men folk) how would you describe what the manosphere is, what would be the key points?

"

That’s not how I read it. The guys are INCELS, not alpha / narcissist , usually beta low performers with no social skills

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

I just smash all their preconceptions about what women can't do out of the park!

By *atonMan
over a year ago

barnet

Here we go again

By *acktar74Man
over a year ago

leeds

First time Ive ever heard of the word. First instinc is it something out of Gladiators like the Atlas balls.

over a year ago

"Here we go again"

On my phone, using up data as I roam

Swiping through every profile I’ve ever known

By *atonMan
over a year ago

barnet

As usual all the bandwagonners who misinterpret a burgeoning and very relevant movement see white knights and simps. Im not a subscriber for the very reason that many mgtowers and manosphere advocates do Foster hate and misogynistic sentiments . However taking the metaphorical red pill is extremely useful in understanding behavioural dynamics between the sexes and dispelling the myth of patriarchal dominance . Men do not have it easier than women nor should they claim superiority

over a year ago

"As usual all the bandwagonners who misinterpret a burgeoning and very relevant movement see white knights and simps. Im not a subscriber for the very reason that many mgtowers and manosphere advocates do Foster hate and misogynistic sentiments . However taking the metaphorical red pill is extremely useful in understanding behavioural dynamics between the sexes and dispelling the myth of patriarchal dominance . Men do not have it easier than women nor should they claim superiority "

Are you simping for the manosphere.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"As usual all the bandwagonners who misinterpret a burgeoning and very relevant movement see white knights and simps. Im not a subscriber for the very reason that many mgtowers and manosphere advocates do Foster hate and misogynistic sentiments . However taking the metaphorical red pill is extremely useful in understanding behavioural dynamics between the sexes and dispelling the myth of patriarchal dominance . Men do not have it easier than women nor should they claim superiority "

Isnt a mgtower from Harry Potter?

By *attM73Man
over a year ago

Oldham

[Removed by poster at 12/10/20 21:57:04]

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

Another meaningless word created by people who actually think they know what they are taking about.

By *asilForty77Man
over a year ago

a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road

I thought it was this

https://youtu.be/VC-pvJ-2KQQ

A great bit of kit for social distancing

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I don’t see the problem. They have withdrawn from women so don’t care what women think. They don’t want to date or have relationships with us. They’ve gone there own way! The guys that are left are calling them names. That’s not an attractive trait. No wonder women are complaining that there are no decent men left.

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"I don’t see the problem. They have withdrawn from women so don’t care what women think. They don’t want to date or have relationships with us. They’ve gone there own way! The guys that are left are calling them names. That’s not an attractive trait. No wonder women are complaining that there are no decent men left."

Or women don’t understand a masculinity.

To me, and this is me. I like being a man, I love a lady to be a lady,

The difference is what makes the difference.

Let’s do dinner, then I need you to be a whore.

Okay ?

over a year ago

I think it's important to consider the fact that so many men feel they need this "manosphere" to exist. Woman have refuges from men who are physically violent towards them, and maybe men see this as a refuge from women who are mentally violent towards them?

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Threads like this are inherently depressing, but they're really useful for getting people who should never, ever be left alone with a woman to out themselves.

Men's Rights Activists (MRAs) wouldn't be a problem if they ever actually did anything for issues affecting men. They don't, though. They just exist to attack women. It's a fundamentally misogynistic movement using some genuine issues (high male suicide rates, et cetera) as a tiny, tiny figleaf for their hatred.

Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOWs) wouldn't be a problem if they, you know, ever actually went their own way. They don't, though. They just exist to attack women. It's another fundamentally misogynistic movement using some genuine ideas (Why shouldn't men try to make themselves happy?) as another tiny, tiny figleaf for their hatred.

What's more, they're both acknowledged radicalisation pipelines that lead directly into far-right extremism and violence.

over a year ago

"Threads like this are inherently depressing, but they're really useful for getting people who should never, ever be left alone with a woman to out themselves.

Men's Rights Activists (MRAs) wouldn't be a problem if they ever actually did anything for issues affecting men. They don't, though. They just exist to attack women. It's a fundamentally misogynistic movement using some genuine issues (high male suicide rates, et cetera) as a tiny, tiny figleaf for their hatred.

Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOWs) wouldn't be a problem if they, you know, ever actually went their own way. They don't, though. They just exist to attack women. It's another fundamentally misogynistic movement using some genuine ideas (Why shouldn't men try to make themselves happy?) as another tiny, tiny figleaf for their hatred.

What's more, they're both acknowledged radicalisation pipelines that lead directly into far-right extremism and violence. "

Mgtow... Have you ever seen a guy admit defeat and ask for directions?

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

[Removed by poster at 13/10/20 18:57:54]

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Threads like this are inherently depressing, but they're really useful for getting people who should never, ever be left alone with a woman to out themselves.

What's more, they're both acknowledged radicalisation pipelines that lead directly into far-right extremism and violence.

Mgtow... Have you ever seen a guy admit defeat and ask for directions? "

I will, if there's no street signs or blocks of flats that have stupid numbering akin to a bingo call. Sat nav won't help, nor will paper maps.

over a year ago

Fuck my dog.....what the fucking fuck is this thread about

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Fuck my dog.....what the fucking fuck is this thread about "

Interesting choice of words when you consider that some incels believe in "the dogpill".

Post new Message to Thread