Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Profile description is different when googled

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've got a question. When I typed a certain profile name into Google, the description came up as "man TV/TS". The profile on fab is female etc. The person I was speaking to was insistent they were female, but i sort of felt something was off (no judgement regarding TV/TS intended). Anyone else experienced a similar thing? Just concerned as they kept badgering for face pics.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Perhaps they’re transitioning and so have now changed their profile to female.

over a year ago

I didnt realise you could change your profile sex but that makes sense. Behaviour in general was just very shady. Asking for a lot of personal information, and face pictures in particular. Wouldnt send a live pic etc. Its made me very uneasy...

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I didnt realise you could change your profile sex but that makes sense. Behaviour in general was just very shady. Asking for a lot of personal information, and face pictures in particular. Wouldnt send a live pic etc. Its made me very uneasy..."

So stop the conversation? If you're that uneasy, surely things will not be progressing?

over a year ago

"I didnt realise you could change your profile sex but that makes sense. Behaviour in general was just very shady. Asking for a lot of personal information, and face pictures in particular. Wouldnt send a live pic etc. Its made me very uneasy...

So stop the conversation? If you're that uneasy, surely things will not be progressing? "

This

Don’t just talk to someone because no one else is. If it feels wrong move on.

over a year ago

Thats precisely what I did. Just thought it might be useful to understand how people's profiles can change etc, for future reference. Thank you for your feedback!

over a year ago

If it feels wrong trust your instinct and move on x

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Thats precisely what I did. Just thought it might be useful to understand how people's profiles can change etc, for future reference. Thank you for your feedback! "

There's probably less people on the forum at this time in the morning to chat to. But yes good advice. I wouldn't bother trying to second guess someone. I'd either ask them straight out or move on.

Post new Message to Thread