Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Outdoor Pursuits

Jump to newest

By *layfullsam OP   Man
over a year ago

Solihull

I love women who are just as happy getting mucky in the great out doors as they are being all glamorous for a posh night out.

Mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, wild swimming etc are you happy getting mucky or do you like your creature comforts to much ?

What's your activity and no dogging doesn't count

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

nope not me. I don’t own all weather clothes. I enjoy walking and that’s as outside as I get. I wore jeans for the first time in about 2 years this week as it was pure necessity due to where I was and it being so cold and wet.

By *layfullsam OP   Man
over a year ago

Solihull

" nope not me. I don’t own all weather clothes. I enjoy walking and that’s as outside as I get. I wore jeans for the first time in about 2 years this week as it was pure necessity due to where I was and it being so cold and wet. "

Jeans are one of the most awful cloths for making you cold when wet.

Walking is good though and definitely an outdoor pursuit so well done you

Out door clothing can be had really reasonable (yes you can spend a fortune) but they make you 20x more comfy than the wrong clothing.

Ps if the worst comes to the worst, skin is waterproof

over a year ago

I love cycling and walking and being outside much more than being glamorous.

I prefer trainers and boots to high heels and would rather be naked than in a dress.

I won't say no to a 5 star Hotel though rather than camping

over a year ago

My horses keep me out doors mostly, but I love shooting, offroading and I'm not shy when it comes to climbing trees!!

over a year ago

Fishing with hubby

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Love it all walking swimming kayaking (did this first time this summer) and cycling is my absoulutley fav might have a cycle out today in the crisp autumn sun x

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Yep, I like to push myself (quite literally) to explore the great outdoors in ma wheelchair. Over the summer, I went across country, got stuck in the mud, in a gateway, fell out into the ditch and really put the chair through its paces (I need new front casters now!) but the challenge of it all was fun. Every person I passed thought I was insane, the horses and cows were very curious and I'm just sad that I can't go out like that for a while. Post op recovery, coupled with zero rim grip in wet weather means I'm staying put for now

By *urora1912Woman
over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

I love walking in the forest being around nature

By *layfullsam OP   Man
over a year ago

Solihull

"My horses keep me out doors mostly, but I love shooting, offroading and I'm not shy when it comes to climbing trees!! "

I thought I was the only adult who climbed trees when you didn't have to for your job.

Broke my wrist doing it (well the fall part not the climbing) and tbf alcohol was involved

By *layfullsam OP   Man
over a year ago

Solihull

"Yep, I like to push myself (quite literally) to explore the great outdoors in ma wheelchair. Over the summer, I went across country, got stuck in the mud, in a gateway, fell out into the ditch and really put the chair through its paces (I need new front casters now!) but the challenge of it all was fun. Every person I passed thought I was insane, the horses and cows were very curious and I'm just sad that I can't go out like that for a while. Post op recovery, coupled with zero rim grip in wet weather means I'm staying put for now "

What an awesome attitude, I love it.

You need one of those off road scooters they made on top gear

By *adyHWoman
over a year ago

South Glos

I love walking/hiking, cycling, kayaking, snowboarding, used to rock climb too

Love a muddy walk or a slightly cold autumn/winter walk

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I go walking in the local Forestry Park and our local Nature Reserves. I’m fairly outdoorsy.

Happiest in jeans, trainers and a cagoule with the wind in my hair than being dressed up.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Yep, I like to push myself (quite literally) to explore the great outdoors in ma wheelchair. Over the summer, I went across country, got stuck in the mud, in a gateway, fell out into the ditch and really put the chair through its paces (I need new front casters now!) but the challenge of it all was fun. Every person I passed thought I was insane, the horses and cows were very curious and I'm just sad that I can't go out like that for a while. Post op recovery, coupled with zero rim grip in wet weather means I'm staying put for now

You need one of those off road scooters they made on top gear "

Nah, the scooter would be boring - no challenge physically and at least the ones you can buy in shops are very NOT offroad friendly. I took a mobility scooter offroad in Mallorca and its not a comfortable ride

You can buy motor attachments to clip to manual chair but they cost a fortune and again, I like the physical challenge of hauling myself 10k plus over places where wheelchairs aren't supposed to go

By *layfullsam OP   Man
over a year ago

Solihull

"Yep, I like to push myself (quite literally) to explore the great outdoors in ma wheelchair. Over the summer, I went across country, got stuck in the mud, in a gateway, fell out into the ditch and really put the chair through its paces (I need new front casters now!) but the challenge of it all was fun. Every person I passed thought I was insane, the horses and cows were very curious and I'm just sad that I can't go out like that for a while. Post op recovery, coupled with zero rim grip in wet weather means I'm staying put for now

You need one of those off road scooters they made on top gear

Nah, the scooter would be boring - no challenge physically and at least the ones you can buy in shops are very NOT offroad friendly. I took a mobility scooter offroad in Mallorca and its not a comfortable ride

You can buy motor attachments to clip to manual chair but they cost a fortune and again, I like the physical challenge of hauling myself 10k plus over places where wheelchairs aren't supposed to go "

Suitably impressed

By *eavertrackerMan
over a year ago

Derby

I love seeing a lady in a pair of "hunters", other brands are available

over a year ago

I grew up in the country and.live being outdoors. Ill be going for a walk today by the sea. Sailing is my passion and I would be out today except for the dad taxi being required. I often sail alone and am happybto take new people out. Also love hiking, kayaking, I used to ride when I kid and keep meaning to have another go at that.

I would like to do some hiking in mountains.

over a year ago

Every day walking in the local park and small wood with the dogs. Have done the Coast to Coast and plenty of local footpath walks. Love walking in the Autumn.

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I love women who are just as happy getting mucky in the great out doors as they are being all glamorous for a posh night out.

Mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, wild swimming etc are you happy getting mucky or do you like your creature comforts to much ?

What's your activity and no dogging doesn't count "

I enjoy the outdoors and prefer casual clothes to dressing up although do like an occasion to dress up

Mainly walking as I’ve let my fitness go in recent years but still enjoy getting at least my 10,000 steps most days Walking through the farm nearby

over a year ago

I love hiking, wild swimming, and camping. Very, very occasionally I'll do some rock climbing or canoeing too.

By *layfullsam OP   Man
over a year ago

Solihull

"I love hiking, wild swimming, and camping. Very, very occasionally I'll do some rock climbing or canoeing too. "

I love wild swimming and coasteering

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

It turns out some of my Fab female friends are great walkers. Not just when the suns shining either.

over a year ago

I was an adrenalin junkie drifter..went from one outdoor pursuit to another in search of the awe of this world. Still am to an extent. I ve flown through the skies beneath a silken canopy...dropped into the bowels of the earth, run mountains and rivers and been beneath the seas surface....

Post new Message to Thread