Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Contraceptive pill

Jump to newest

By *azz26 OP   Woman
over a year ago

wrexham

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but I wasn't sure where to add it.

Have any other ladies had problems getting repeat prescription for the contraceptive pill due to the current restrictions with GPs?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

At mine they did a repeat prescription over the phone. I was due a check up but they said it's ok as I've had no issues.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

With my GP yes but I phoned the sexual health clinic, got a phone call the next day and they sent them to me in the post.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

If none of those work I went via Superdrug online and they sorted it out

over a year ago

Yes. My pill is out of stock until the end of October, but they still didn't sound hopeful xx

over a year ago

I might try online... Thanks x

over a year ago

No. Why? I got mine after completing e-consult on surgery website - followed by a phone call from GP, but doctors and nurses have not stopped doing reviews. There are lots of ways to get help since March.

over a year ago

I assumed it was a supplier issue with my specific pill. So just accepted I couldn't get it and as I'm very sensitive to changing pills I've been without xx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/10/20 15:47:50]

over a year ago

"I assumed it was a supplier issue with my specific pill. So just accepted I couldn't get it and as I'm very sensitive to changing pills I've been without xx"

"

What pill is it? There has been a lot of issues at the start of the year I’m not aware of any currently but if you ring your local sexual health/contraception clinic and tell them the issues you are having getting your pill from the GP they may be able to help although you will probably need to attend the clinic for weight and blood pressure check with you being a new patient to them.

By *azz26 OP   Woman
over a year ago

wrexham

I take cerelle but Dr will only prescribe 2 months at a time and I have to attend surgery every time to see nurse etc. for BP test

I think it is due to my BMI but not 100% sure

I have tried the whole e-consult etc but to no success

over a year ago

"I take cerelle but Dr will only prescribe 2 months at a time and I have to attend surgery every time to see nurse etc. for BP test

I think it is due to my BMI but not 100% sure

I have tried the whole e-consult etc but to no success"

The POP isn’t usually affected by BMI as it’s the safest pill there is and can even be purchased online. Cerelle is a brand name I would definitely contact your sexual health clinic they can probably help you but it may just be a different brand name of the same hormone.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I assumed it was a supplier issue with my specific pill. So just accepted I couldn't get it and as I'm very sensitive to changing pills I've been without xx"

I'm on Norimin. I can't get it in any pharmacy but the sexual health clinic had stock.

Post new Message to Thread