Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mirror mirror

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Personally I find people who love themselves totally off putting and unattractive.

We’ve all got our vulnerabilities and that’s what makes us attractive. Thoughts ? ...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Depends on what you mean by loving yourself.

A lot of people put on a brave face to the world. Doesn't mean they're arrogant, it means they protect themselves from perceived hostility.

Self regard is healthy to a point. It keeps us stable.

My confidence is bloody hard won. I'm well aware of my vulnerability, but I've battled to overcome it. I am ok as I am.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Ahh but isn't truly loving yourself acknowledging and accepting your vulnerabilities

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You should love yourself, you're unique and how can anyone love you if you can't love yourself.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

I'm well fit and if women don't fall at my feet then that's their loss

over a year ago

It’s good to look your best though

over a year ago

The best folk are those who know how to love themselves... Think you're talking bout the ones that if they were chocolate they'd eat themselves lol

Different thing

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

I thought this was going to be about the song by Dollar.

I'm humming it in my mind now.

By *manda63Woman
over a year ago

Southampton

I don't love myself, but I didn't think I was that bad that people don't check their messages, saying yes to the social and they tell you that I didn't contact them. Feeling very shit now

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Meant as if they’re gods gift to men / women.... I love myself too . And not in a “ look at me “ way . And its taken me a long time to do so too btw

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I love myself, I'm very happy with what I see in the mirror. If other people find that unattractive I'm ok with that, I have no control over how people feel about me

By *irty desireWoman
over a year ago

newcatle

I love myself, my body my life.. but am definitely not arrogant.. I know my worth and I think men find that intimidating and say am stuck up..Couldn’t be further from the truth x

By *uriouscouple83Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

"Ahh but isn't truly loving yourself acknowledging and accepting your vulnerabilities "

Abso-bloody-lutely.

OP I think you are getting confused between someone being able to love themselves and someone being up their own ass.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I don’t have a problem with people who love themselves, being totally content and happy with who you are is something many sadly never experience.

I have no time for people who are self absorbed.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Meant as if they’re gods gift to men / women.... I love myself too . And not in a “ look at me “ way . And its taken me a long time to do so too btw "

It's incredibly difficult to know how people really feel about themselves. I find that unrelenting arrogance off-putting, but in many cases I suspect it's a front and we should feel pity, rather than scorn.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

To be honest I find low self esteem unattractive.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"To be honest I find low self esteem unattractive."

Most people do. Which is challenging when you have low self esteem. (Which isn't to say you're wrong or doing the wrong thing - just, it makes it hard to escape)

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"To be honest I find low self esteem unattractive.

Most people do. Which is challenging when you have low self esteem. (Which isn't to say you're wrong or doing the wrong thing - just, it makes it hard to escape)"

Yes I get that .

I can empathise.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I love myself enough to know how I should be treated and what I should accept and allow.

I love myself enough to at times choose me over others.

I love myself enough to know I deserve to look after myself, yet don't always follow the actual self care through.

I love myself enough to treat myself with respect.

I know full well I'm far from faultless, however I do have beautiful qualities (as well as others I'd like to send plummeting to the depths of the ocean)

My looks tho.. I have good days, bad days, catwalk model days and Waynetta Slob days.

By catwalk model, I kinda mean "would tap that" days

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Most people do. Which is challenging when you have low self esteem. (Which isn't to say you're wrong or doing the wrong thing - just, it makes it hard to escape)

Yes I get that .

I can empathise. "

I'm actually mostly confident these days. I'm just open about my process, I suppose. That I've won this.

I hope others see me showing my psychological working. And, to mix my metaphors horribly, take the ladder I'm throwing down to them.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I love myself im totally flawed and have my vulnerabilities but im at one with myself.

I find self depreciation a turn off

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes I get that .

I can empathise.

I'm actually mostly confident these days. I'm just open about my process, I suppose. That I've won this.

I hope others see me showing my psychological working. And, to mix my metaphors horribly, take the ladder I'm throwing down to them."

I think being open is a good thing. I find it difficult to help my friends with low self esteem simply because they don't believe anything good I say to them

over a year ago

I struggle with those that have no confidence. Takes all sorts op.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes I get that .

I can empathise.

I hope others see me showing my psychological working. And, to mix my metaphors horribly, take the ladder I'm throwing down to them.

I think being open is a good thing. I find it difficult to help my friends with low self esteem simply because they don't believe anything good I say to them "

Yeah it's a tough one. Unfortunately they have to do that work themselves, there's no one path, etc.

By *hloevtTV/TS
over a year ago

norwich

I have had many confusing years as a bloke in a dress !! It's only now in my elder years that I truly understand and love myself x

over a year ago

My experience is that those that appear confident & vain are often the more insecure amongst us

Many wear a veil

Get to know them, put your pre-conceptions to one side

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Slight aside but very relevant. It’s also about who you share your world with. For many years I was made to feel less than and allowed myself to listen.

Over the last three years I’ve removed that person and surrounded myself with people that promote rather than put down. Apart from this COVID that has kept me from many of them, I’ve never felt happier with myself as a human.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I like people who love themselves, it's an attractive trait to have, being comfortable with who you are. Where I draw the line is when people believe that everyone wants them/everyone is looking at them - that sort of line of thinking. It's a tad delusional but I do try and remember that people have issues and maybe it's their way of growing in confidence? Over compensating in a way.

By *ooBulMan
over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

For me .... the hardest thing in my life is to be truly honest with myself and express myself as honestly as I can. But that's the work in progress. kind of awareness and adapting to it the best I can!

Mind you I've got a lifetime to solve that puppy!

over a year ago

"You should love yourself, you're unique and how can anyone love you if you can't love yourself."

Absolutely.

over a year ago

You should definitely love yourself, flaws and all

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I love me, do you love me too?

over a year ago

Oh I avoid mirrors best I can...got enough trauma in my life without seeing my face

By *onzoDog74Man
over a year ago

Cheshire

Can you see the real me? Can yer, can yer?

over a year ago

"Personally I find people who love themselves totally off putting and unattractive.

We’ve all got our vulnerabilities and that’s what makes us attractive. Thoughts ? ..."

100% agree with you

That’s what makes you stand out

Post new Message to Thread