Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS ONLY EXIST BECAUSE MEN FIND IT A TURN-ON, CLAIMS STUDY

Jump to newest

By *ral Extraordinaire OP   Man
over a year ago

Kent

Said in the media ....but i think very true

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/lesbian-relationships-men-turn-same-sex-female-attraction-menelaos-apostolou-cyprus-university-nicosia-a7766606.html

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What the ever living fuck ?

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

..People study the Bible does not mean it's true

over a year ago

Absolute bullshit

over a year ago

Ah, so the study interviewed 1500 people .... all of them heterosexual

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm on my phone so can't properly cut and paste. Can you give me a brief rundown of this learned article

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Hahahahahahahahaha... hahahahahahhaha oh guys...

By *lorious hole bs16Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"Said in the media ....but i think very true

..and why do you think this is true?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/lesbian-relationships-men-turn-same-sex-female-attraction-menelaos-apostolou-cyprus-university-nicosia-a7766606.html"

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes of course it's just about guys

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

Obviously. What other purpose do women have other than to turn guys on?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Obviously. What other purpose do women have other than to turn guys on? "

Dude I said your sandwich would be ready soon. Jesus

By *ocusMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

Is this The Onion?

over a year ago

"I'm on my phone so can't properly cut and paste. Can you give me a brief rundown of this learned article "

A new study that attempted to reveal the origins of lesbianism, is claiming that same-sex relationships in women only exist because it turns men on.

Published on Science Direct, the report by Menelaos Apostolou, a male professor at the University of Nicosia in Cyprus comes to the conclusion that lesbian and bisexual attraction all stems from male desire.

So, how many lesbians did they interview to come to this jaw-dropping conclusion?

Well, the study surveyed a derisory 1,509 people and, wait for it, all of them were heterosexual.

“My argument in the paper is this: A considerable proportion of men desire same-sex attractions in women, and this is one possible reason why many women have such attractions,” Apostolou told Pink News.

The study also suggests another possible reason for men being attracted to lesbian or bisexual women, is that if their partner cheats on them, they’re still in with a chance of having children.

“A woman, driven by her sexual desires, may seek sexual contact outside of her long-term intimate relationship,” it writes.

“When this woman has sex with another woman she does not have sex with another man which translates into same-sex contact reducing the risk of cuckoldry.”

The controversial report goes on to suggest that men were more 'sexually excited' by the idea of their partner having a same sex attraction than women were and claims that lesbians are trying to cater to this attraction.

Unsurprisingly, the paper has felt the scorn of Twitter users who were quick to point out that “not a single actual lesbian participated in the study.”

One woman wrote, “Lesbians: I’m a woman who loves women. I’m attracted to women and only women because women are great.

Another added, “All heterosexual couples, not one lesbian in the group.

“May as well do a study on the use of tampons with 500 men as participants.”

By *otmale5Man
over a year ago

glasgow

What a lot of rubbish . I’ve got a number of lesbian friends who are partners . They really don’t give a shift what guys think. They are lesbian because they prefer it . Not based in another’s opinion . Lol

By *ent in BlackMan
over a year ago

Silsden

Clearly written by a straight bloke.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

' the study surveyed a derisory 1,509 people and, wait for it, all of them were heterosexual.'

By *9alMan
over a year ago

Bridgend

are they going to say next week that gay male relationships only exist because women get a lot of head aches?

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

"Obviously. What other purpose do women have other than to turn guys on?

Dude I said your sandwich would be ready soon. Jesus "

As long as you suck me off while I eat it then I'll be happy

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Obviously. What other purpose do women have other than to turn guys on?

Dude I said your sandwich would be ready soon. Jesus "

over a year ago

Obviously its true.

Everything us women do is to turn men on otherwise we would have no other purpose.

over a year ago

"are they going to say next week that gay male relationships only exist because women get a lot of head aches? "

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"are they going to say next week that gay male relationships only exist because women get a lot of head aches? "

Plenty on fab who think men "resort" to meeting other men as women won't meet them

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Obviously its true.

Everything us women do is to turn men on otherwise we would have no other purpose. "

Even the farting?

By *lorious hole bs16Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"What a lot of rubbish . I’ve got a number of lesbian friends who are partners . They really don’t give a shift what guys think. They are lesbian because they prefer it . Not based in another’s opinion . Lol "

Interesting..You think it's a preference .

over a year ago

"Obviously its true.

Everything us women do is to turn men on otherwise we would have no other purpose.

Even the farting? "

Women dont fart!

Next you Will be suggesting that women are equal to men

over a year ago

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Don't be daft. Men are for sex. Women are decorative.

So men fuck men because of their great manliness.

Except one of them is the woman because everything is secretly hetero, amirite?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm on my phone so can't properly cut and paste. Can you give me a brief rundown of this learned article

A new study that attempted to reveal the origins of lesbianism, is claiming that same-sex relationships in women only exist because it turns men on.

Published on Science Direct, the report by Menelaos Apostolou, a male professor at the University of Nicosia in Cyprus comes to the conclusion that lesbian and bisexual attraction all stems from male desire.

So, how many lesbians did they interview to come to this jaw-dropping conclusion?

Well, the study surveyed a derisory 1,509 people and, wait for it, all of them were heterosexual.

“My argument in the paper is this: A considerable proportion of men desire same-sex attractions in women, and this is one possible reason why many women have such attractions,” Apostolou told Pink News.

The study also suggests another possible reason for men being attracted to lesbian or bisexual women, is that if their partner cheats on them, they’re still in with a chance of having children.

“A woman, driven by her sexual desires, may seek sexual contact outside of her long-term intimate relationship,” it writes.

“When this woman has sex with another woman she does not have sex with another man which translates into same-sex contact reducing the risk of cuckoldry.”

The controversial report goes on to suggest that men were more 'sexually excited' by the idea of their partner having a same sex attraction than women were and claims that lesbians are trying to cater to this attraction.

Unsurprisingly, the paper has felt the scorn of Twitter users who were quick to point out that “not a single actual lesbian participated in the study.”

One woman wrote, “Lesbians: I’m a woman who loves women. I’m attracted to women and only women because women are great.

“May as well do a study on the use of tampons with 500 men as participants.”"

Thank you.

I do know that a significant minority of women put on girly displays of affection for the benefit of men. I also know that no straight woman will enter a lesbian relationship just because men find it a turn on. That's just weird

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Obviously its true.

Even the farting?

Women dont fart!

Next you Will be suggesting that women are equal to men

"

May have just found out that I'm really a man

over a year ago

You men just can’t stand something not being about you, huh?

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"are they going to say next week that gay male relationships only exist because women get a lot of head aches?

Don't be daft. Men are for sex. Women are decorative.

So men fuck men because of their great manliness.

Except one of them is the woman because everything is secretly hetero, amirite?"

Totally

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

I do know that a significant minority of women put on girly displays of affection for the benefit of men. I also know that no straight woman will enter a lesbian relationship just because men find it a turn on. That's just weird "

I think that was the whole heteexible thing that existed for about a second. Katy Perry I Kissed A Girl etc

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Hetero flexible. Ffs

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"

I do know that a significant minority of women put on girly displays of affection for the benefit of men. I also know that no straight woman will enter a lesbian relationship just because men find it a turn on. That's just weird

I think that was the whole hetero.flexible thing that existed for about a second. Katy Perry I Kissed A Girl etc"

...just gonna fix that because that laughing face is too funny in context

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Hetero flexible. Ffs"

I blew a guy and I liked it

The taste of his "Cherry Chapstick"

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Hetero flexible. Ffs

"

Yeah. Watching guys together needs as much attention as watching women together

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Hetero flexible. Ffs

Yeah. Watching guys together needs as much attention as watching women together "

Agreed

over a year ago

"

I think that was the whole heteexible thing that existed for about a second. Katy Perry I Kissed A Girl etc"

I think that's an easily reached conclusion based on a trawl of the fab forums

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

I think that was the whole heteexible thing that existed for about a second. Katy Perry I Kissed A Girl etc

I think that's an easily reached conclusion based on a trawl of the fab forums"

I'm sure it does get used that way. It doesn't mean that female same sex attraction is purely or even predominantly performative.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

I think that was the whole heteexible thing that existed for about a second. Katy Perry I Kissed A Girl etc"

Madonna and Britney Spears did a snogging thing didn't they. I've seen some women putting on a "display" for their partners too. Before I get flamed I know that lots of women are genuinely bi and only do it for themselves etc but some don't

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Madonna and Britney Spears did a snogging thing didn't they. I've seen some women putting on a "display" for their partners too. Before I get flamed I know that lots of women are genuinely bi and only do it for themselves etc but some don't "

About the same time, yes. It was a whole thing. Possibly still is.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

Madonna and Britney Spears did a snogging thing didn't they. I've seen some women putting on a "display" for their partners too. Before I get flamed I know that lots of women are genuinely bi and only do it for themselves etc but some don't

About the same time, yes. It was a whole thing. Possibly still is."

Who knows. I don't go anywhere nowadays

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"

Madonna and Britney Spears did a snogging thing didn't they. I've seen some women putting on a "display" for their partners too. Before I get flamed I know that lots of women are genuinely bi and only do it for themselves etc but some don't "

It's definitely a thing that happens but it's a huge leap to say its the only reason lesbian relationships exist which is such a ludicrous claim that its hilarious .

over a year ago

"

Actually you raise a valid point.

Of course same sex relationships aren't as a consequence of others being turned on, but there's no doubt there's been an upsurge in being trendy to claim a certain sexuality.

How many bicurious people have claimed to be so, as a result of partners expressing their fantasy?

I'm sure the headline was just attention grabbing, but conversely I'm guessing there's less men willing to participate male on male to satisfy female partners? So how did homesexuality start then based on this theory?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I can see that it becomes more acceptable to consider and accept same sex attraction based on outsiders finding it hot. Not that it exists.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

That's very kind of lesbians. Not sure I completely agree with the article in question.

I can see maybe that more people are willing to experiment with their sexuality, but that's not a bad thing imo.

Mr KC

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/lesbian-relationships-men-turn-same-sex-female-attraction-menelaos-apostolou-cyprus-university-nicosia-a7766606.html"

Thank fuck that's cleared that up.

I didn't actually read it. Did it explain if men fuck men just to make women happy too?

Sorry if that's been covered.

over a year ago

This guy has since written the epic "Why Men Stay Single? Evidence from Reddit"

We truly are in the age of reason.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple
over a year ago

Back of the bins.

[Removed by poster at 07/10/20 13:57:46]

By *ittyandtheboyCouple
over a year ago

Back of the bins.

Imagine being so threatened by someone else’s sexuality that you have to write an entire academic paper on it!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"This guy has since written the epic "Why Men Stay Single? Evidence from Reddit"

We truly are in the age of reason."

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

D.

By *lamorousBeautyLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

My first question is - who paid for this "study"? Or is the same kind of "study" as the "research" so dilligently done by the "Institute for Studies" by the likes of Daily Mash?

For example, research like this:

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/alcohol/eight-pints-hailed-as-wonder-drug-20201005201180

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"My first question is - who paid for this "study"? Or is the same kind of "study" as the "research" so dilligently done by the "Institute for Studies" by the likes of Daily Mash?

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/alcohol/eight-pints-hailed-as-wonder-drug-20201005201180

"

Woah! Don't compare the Daily Mash with that trash.

Mr KC

over a year ago

It’s because pussy tastes so good

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"My first question is - who paid for this "study"? Or is the same kind of "study" as the "research" so dilligently done by the "Institute for Studies" by the likes of Daily Mash?

Woah! Don't compare the Daily Mash with that trash.

Mr KC"

over a year ago

Kent

"It’s because pussy tastes so good "

Haha

over a year ago

Kent

[Removed by poster at 07/10/20 17:16:34]

over a year ago

Why settle for a pair of breasts to play with when you can have two

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

DOES RESEARCH SUGGEST MORE PEOPLE BELIEVE RESEARCH IF IT IS IN CAPITAL LETTERS ?

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

What's not to love about boobies and pussy

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"DOES RESEARCH SUGGEST MORE PEOPLE BELIEVE RESEARCH IF IT IS IN CAPITAL LETTERS ?"

Caps lock is cruise control for cool

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I AM A LESBIAN

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"DOES RESEARCH SUGGEST MORE PEOPLE BELIEVE RESEARCH IF IT IS IN CAPITAL LETTERS ?

Caps lock is cruise control for cool"

Oh, that's me out of the cool corner then

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"DOES RESEARCH SUGGEST MORE PEOPLE BELIEVE RESEARCH IF IT IS IN CAPITAL LETTERS ?

Caps lock is cruise control for cool

Oh, that's me out of the cool corner then "

Me too

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"I AM A LESBIAN "

I don't think this went well when Blake the snake tried it

over a year ago

most end up at protest rallies

over a year ago

Kent

"most end up at protest rallies"

over a year ago

"

About the same time, yes. It was a whole thing. Possibly still is.

Who knows. I don't go anywhere nowadays "

There was tattoo aswell at the same sort of time.

over a year ago

Kent

"Ah, so the study interviewed 1500 people .... all of them heterosexual "

Haha

over a year ago

It's got to be satirical.. Is it from the Harold?

over a year ago

Pahahahahaha

Fuzz

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"What's not to love about boobies and pussy "

Nail on the head mate

over a year ago

"Said in the media ....but i think very true"

It's balls. You obviously didn't read the article: "Well, the study surveyed a derisory 1,509 people and ... all of them were heterosexual."

By *sylockeWoman
over a year ago

East Anglia

The article is bullshit.

over a year ago

Kent

I like it

By *ellothere321Man
over a year ago

Lanlivery

You mean someone published it!!!!!!

By *nfin8yWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Just goes to prove that that some research papers aren’t worth wiping your bum on.

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We dare anyone to tell our eldest and her girlfriend that!

By *sylockeWoman
over a year ago

East Anglia

[Removed by poster at 01/10/21 07:53:37]

over a year ago

I have a few friends who are lesbians or where one of them is bi/pan… They just love each other and they don’t do it for others but themselves. Love is love

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

This thread has given me such a laugh this morning - thanks to whoever dug it up!

over a year ago

“Some studies are absolute bollocks” claims study.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Gay men are frightened of vaginas

.. fact

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

I do hope people don't get paid to research and write about such studies. Honestly whatever next.

Having said that, I know on here that many women pretend to be bi or take part in bi sex just to please their man. That is very sad.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

A non-story. Pretty clear that the author is expressing his own opinions / conclusions, proposing his own wild ideas about why men gave certain answers.

And the story has been given air by a newspaper because they knew it would provoke comment.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"A non-story. Pretty clear that the author is expressing his own opinions / conclusions, proposing his own wild ideas about why men gave certain answers.

And the story has been given air by a newspaper because they knew it would provoke comment.

"

It was also a year ago so not sure why it's been dragged up again

over a year ago

I'll tell you a story.

When I walk past 'lesbian' couples who usually hold hands just before I approach (I'm say 15 yards in front on a clear day) I notice the anger on a certain face when I eyes front and don't see them.

I'm heterosexual and they are irrelevant to me.

Is THAT a problem?

Surely I can choose who I notice.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

It's definitely true on the forums/on Fab.

over a year ago

"I do hope people don't get paid to research and write about such studies. Honestly whatever next.

Having said that, I know on here that many women pretend to be bi or take part in bi sex just to please their man. That is very sad."

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

When I walk past 'lesbian' couples who usually hold hands just before I approach (I'm say 15 yards in front on a clear day) I notice the anger on a certain face when I eyes front and don't see them.

Is THAT a problem?

Surely I can choose who I notice."

Gay men don't give a sh*t (laugh) whether I notice them or not..they are off in their own world.

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Surely I can choose who I notice. Gay men don't give a sh*t (laugh) whether I notice them or not..they are off in their own world."

Or maybe they just camp it up more to be noticed..but that's kind of old school by now.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Surely I can choose who I notice. Gay men don't give a sh*t (laugh) whether I notice them or not..they are off in their own world.Or maybe they just camp it up more to be noticed..but that's kind of old school by now."

ooh shut that door

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Surely I can choose who I notice. Gay men don't give a sh*t (laugh) whether I notice them or not..they are off in their own world.Or maybe they just camp it up more to be noticed..but that's kind of old school by now.ooh shut that door "

By *isspurplechesterWoman
over a year ago

Chester

Hilarious

over a year ago

It's all about significance in the end and not many can do without it.

By *andyblokeMan
over a year ago

birmingham

thus study hasnt been peer reviewed and thats the key... before its peer reviewed its just a paper from a cypriot prof... boy dont the papers love these stories... the worst was mmr causes autism so dont have the jab!!! bollicks wasnt it.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

I’m confused. You notice the “lesbian” couple, you notice the expressions on their faces despite not looking at them and keeping “eyes forward”, but you choose not to notice them?

Sounds like you noticed them come despite your best efforts, all very confusing, a confusing “story”.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Non-hetro people are “irrelevant” to you? Not sure I understand that idea. Nobody is “irrelevant” to me, we are all equal.

over a year ago

What a load of bollocks.

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

I’m confused. You notice the “lesbian” couple, you notice the expressions on their faces despite not looking at them and keeping “eyes forward”, but you choose not to notice them?

Sounds like you noticed them come despite your best efforts, all very confusing, a confusing “story”. "

I don't do "stories" do you want the breakdown?

Two single presumed heterosexual women in front of me. They wanted to display to me without my interest (something else)

I then responded to that with eyes front and ignore..that's not my thing)

THAT wasn't appreciated noted flash of non-verbal anger.

Is all that too detailed for you?

Let's go there!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

You've not got strabismus, all bog eyed?

over a year ago

The article isn't the best but it seems as though there is at least some misunderstanding of the original study.

I don't think the author is looking at why women have lesbian relationships now, or saying it is to titillate men, but rather how a species that evolved to pass on is genes through heterosexual intercourse also evolved (for some) the desire for female homsexual behavoir.

I've not read the study and have no idea whether or not I agree with it but I'm pretty sure the reporting here is shit.

Mr

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Every time you walk past them? Are they singling you out on busy London streets or doing it to everyone?

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Sounds like you noticed them come despite your best efforts, all very confusing, a confusing “story”. I don't do "stories" do you want the breakdown?

Two single presumed heterosexual women in front of me. They wanted to display to me without my interest (something else)

Let's go there!

"

Take note what I said about significance and not many being able to not do without it.

Look at all the responses that guys profiles get on here on how they badly handle rejection.

Some female profiles too.

Is it really so far fetched to notice certain details when walking by others on a small pavement?

Bodies may stiffen, eyes may flash etc etc.

Periphal vision is there.

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Every time you walk past them? Are they singling you out on busy London streets or doing it to everyone?"

Who cares?

BUT when I notice the response I know it wasn't done in a vacuum!

over a year ago

The Independent

Pffft not a chance I'd look at that....

Sorry OP

Any other media, news that's covered the topic?

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

You've not got strabismus, all bog eyed? "

Speak clearly.

over a year ago

"I'm on my phone so can't properly cut and paste. Can you give me a brief rundown of this learned article

“May as well do a study on the use of tampons with 500 men as participants.”"

Ffs....

Ok

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Every time you walk past them? Are they singling you out on busy London streets or doing it to everyone? Who cares?

BUT when I notice the response I know it wasn't done in a vacuum!"

I stated usually and not every time..if hands were not held it wouldn't have appeared significant.

That also in daylight not possibly insecure (understandable) nightime.

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Every time you walk past them? Are they singling you out on busy London streets or doing it to everyone? Who cares?

BUT when I notice the response I know it wasn't done in a vacuum! I stated usually and not every time..if hands were not held it wouldn't have appeared significant.

That also in daylight not possibly insecure (understandable) nightime."

The same thing happens (can happen) with male/female couples.

The displays of intimacy around others to as it were show their sphere of influence.

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Sounds like you noticed them come despite your best efforts, all very confusing, a confusing “story”. I don't do "stories" do you want the breakdown?

Let's go there!

Take note what I said about significance and not many being able to not do without it.

Look at all the responses that guys profiles get on here on how they badly handle rejection.

Is it really so far fetched to notice certain details when walking by others on a small pavement?

Periphal vision is there."

This doesn't happen around me with your traditional butch looking lesbian but with the types that blend in..maybe they are bi?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Let's go there!

Periphal vision is there. This doesn't happen around me with your traditional butch looking lesbian but with the types that blend in..maybe they are bi?"

You seemed to take in alot of detail for someone who was eyes front and not interested

Were you staring at them before this all happened and they felt they had to make things obvious for you?

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Let's go there!

Periphal vision is there. This doesn't happen around me with your traditional butch looking lesbian but with the types that blend in..maybe they are bi?

You seemed to take in alot of detail for someone who was eyes front and not interested

Were you staring at them before this all happened and they felt they had to make things obvious for you? "

That's very funny! No, my eyes were not like this or even this more this

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

BUT when I notice the response I know it wasn't done in a vacuum!"

What are you talking about? What's a vacuum got to do with it, and what response?

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

What rubbish

By *aptainhornpipeMan
over a year ago

manchester

Arbitrary statement is true says study with absolutely no hidden agenda

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

What are you talking about? What's a vacuum got to do with it, and what response?"

We ALL walk past others many times in a day..you may be more disconnected and drive..when I cycle I am more disconnected to.

In spite of the big city idea of everyone shuffling about their business,

there is still a need for significance and that can manifest itself in many ways.

Do you understand that?

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

What are you talking about? What's a vacuum got to do with it, and what response? We ALL walk past others many times in a day..you may be more disconnected and drive..when I cycle I am more disconnected to.

In spite of the big city idea of everyone shuffling about their business,

there is still a need for significance and that can manifest itself in many ways.

Do you understand that?

"

..too..etc

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

What are you talking about? What's a vacuum got to do with it, and what response?"

Have you been keeping up with the wider discussion here? (quite a few comments back)

@ we are not alone.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

I think someone doesn't like that two girls are in a relationship! Two less girls for this "Adonis". They see him and are so upset that he doesn't look at them that they flash "non verbal anger"?

Hey fella, you really have to believe that they don't give a shit about you. Their conversation is between them and you have no idea what it is about. So any looks could be in response to what was being said.

But like others have said, eyes front would not give you a clear view of what or why they were doing anything. Peripheral is just that! It is not as clear as straight ahead vision and is for avoiding danger from the side.

You also said "usually". That implies that you notice a lot of same sex female relationships. Perhaps that is the key! Perhaps you are known for looking at girls together and they look at you with distaste. You know, that whole "Oh, here comes that pervert again" thing.

And for all your trying to look clever answers, you just come across as someone with an axe to grind!

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

Let's go there!

"

“I’ll tell you a story” has low turned into “I don’t do stories”. Again, I am finding this confusing.

And I can’t follow your latest post, I really don’t understand what you are saying, or what happened.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"What rubbish"

Journalist finds bullshit report and gives it oxygen to true to boost attention for himself

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

I think someone doesn't like that two girls are in a relationship! Two less girls for this "Adonis". They see him and are so upset that he doesn't look at them that they flash "non verbal anger"?

Hey fella, you really have to believe that they don't give a shit about you. Their conversation is between them and you have no idea what it is about. So any looks could be in response to what was being said.

But like others have said, eyes front would not give you a clear view of what or why they were doing anything. Peripheral is just that! It is not as clear as straight ahead vision and is for avoiding danger from the side.

You also said "usually". That implies that you notice a lot of same sex female relationships. Perhaps that is the key! Perhaps you are known for looking at girls together and they look at you with distaste. You know, that whole "Oh, here comes that pervert again" thing.

And for all your trying to look clever answers, you just come across as someone with an axe to grind! "

What because I'm not into two girls together I have an axe to grind and I'm an adonis.

If I choose to ignore that because that's my response so what.

I know what I see and you weren't there.

Even M/F couples display a similar behaviour at times I call it showing their sphere of influence and you probably think THAT doesn't happen.

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

And for all your trying to look clever answers, you just come across as someone with an axe to grind! What because I'm not into two girls together I have an axe to grind and I'm an adonis.

Even M/F couples display a similar behaviour at times I call it showing their sphere of influence and you probably think THAT doesn't happen. "

If complete strangers were to say "Here comes that pervert again" to a complete stranger I would find that strange.

Wouldn't you?

over a year ago

"I'll tell you a story.

Is THAT a problem?

And for all your trying to look clever answers, you just come across as someone with an axe to grind! What because I'm not into two girls together I have an axe to grind and I'm an adonis.

Even M/F couples display a similar behaviour at times I call it showing their sphere of influence and you probably think THAT doesn't happen. "

It's not like they were talking do you really think I would call it like that if they were (or even looking at each other)

It happens too often for me not to notice..and whereas of course potentially I may not have the reason right..I just see it as others looking for significance.

You automatically presume they wouldn't look from it from me..because I as you put it (laugh) am an Adonis!

That's enough from me on this.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

For someone not looking "Eyes front" you certainly noticed a lot!

I never said YOU were an Adonis, the implication was the YOU think you are! It is coming through loud and clear from your posts that you feel threatened by females who are in a loving relationship with another female. And really, to think they are angry with you for not noticing? Just get over yourself and stop being a jerk!

Post new Message to Thread