Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Verifications

Jump to newest

By *iss-tique OP   Woman
over a year ago

Stockport

I'm very curious how are people being verified when it clearly states "time for virtual meets" but most of the verifications state meet in person? Am I getting something wrong?

Just trying to understand so that I don't break the rules for one, but also wondering aren't people scared they'd contact the virus at all?!

Thanks x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

They may be having socially distanced social meets, they may be in a bubble with someone from here, they may just be re-verifying existing friends with new profiles...or they may just be ignoring government guidelines. I'm sure there are also other reasons that I haven't thought of

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You can verify anyone as normal and it will appear in the verification summary but the verification itself cannot be displayed.

At least that's my understanding.

over a year ago

"They may be having socially distanced social meets, they may be in a bubble with someone from here, they may just be re-verifying existing friends with new profiles...or they may just be ignoring government guidelines. I'm sure there are also other reasons that I haven't thought of "

^^This^^ You can have a socially distanced meet or be in a bubble.

Casual sex is still banned (thus Fab has to abide by the law and not promote casual sex meets). Some of the verifications could also be from pre-lockdown.

Some people won't be worried about COVID, and some people will view casual sex with multiple different partners as risky anyway, seeing it as just another risk.

Which is fine but then if they did catch it from a meet and didn't follow the other precautions (washing hands, wearing a mask, keeping distance) then that is more of a problem. Especially if they are in contact with people who are in an at-risk category.

over a year ago

"You can verify anyone as normal and it will appear in the verification summary but the verification itself cannot be displayed.

At least that's my understanding."

Thats my understanding too but you can display a cam veri.

over a year ago

I have a verification from a month ago, but in reality it was from a meet I had like four years ago. Just can't show the verification.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Lots have old re'veries from when they had old accounts and ones from march as well as social distance meets to show when we can

over a year ago

Veri good thread.

over a year ago

Socially distant social meet with someone i totally trust

By *aseMan
over a year ago

Gourock

Most people on here will catch something else, before covid 19,lol

By *ive Bar Beauty QueenWoman
over a year ago

Stoke

"I'm very curious how are people being verified when it clearly states "time for virtual meets" but most of the verifications state meet in person? Am I getting something wrong?

Just trying to understand so that I don't break the rules for one, but also wondering aren't people scared they'd contact the virus at all?!

Thanks x"

The number of offers I get and others to meet tonight for fun points towards you being right to be nervous. Saying that if you are not meeting maybe its less of a problem for you personally.

over a year ago

just look at mens status on profiles.

'anyone up for a socially distanced wank'

over a year ago

You’ve only got to read some of the many status updates to know that people are still blatantly looking for physical meets and not the social distancing sort.

I’m guessing it’s an impossible task for admin to stop them or spot them all.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Yes some people are meeting

An awful lot aren't.

I received a cam veri a couple of days ago, and have just written a return one.

No rule breaking, nothing sinister, but a WhatsApp vid call.

Post new Message to Thread