Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ignorance

Jump to newest

By *hyes89 OP   Man
over a year ago

hull

Why is there so many ignorant people on a social site is beyond me?! Anyone feel the same?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Sometimes

By *lasphemousGirlWoman
over a year ago

Cambs

Don't let the ar**holes over shadow the good people, there are plenty that are genuine and amazing, you just have to ignore the negative ones. X

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

What do you mean by ignorance?

By *otstuffbabeCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Why is there so many ignorant people on a social site is beyond me?! Anyone feel the same?"

What would you say is ignorant?

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Apparently I am if I dont reply to a message fast enough! X

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Used to be an unwritten rule if you read a message then delete was took as not interested but most read n ignore without deleting the messages so guys get wrong impression

over a year ago

"Why is there so many ignorant people on a social site is beyond me?! Anyone feel the same?"

Did someone drop their cheerios on the floor this morning? Or has the dog wee'd on the floor and you stepped in it with just socks on??

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Depends what you feel is ignorant

Not answering messages isn't ignorant.

By *hyes89 OP   Man
over a year ago

hull

Both and it was sugar puffs not cheerios

By *hyes89 OP   Man
over a year ago

hull

Why is it not?

over a year ago

"Used to be an unwritten rule if you read a message then delete was took as not interested but most read n ignore without deleting the messages so guys get wrong impression "

No reply whether opened or not is probably a no... Delete your sent box and forget about stuff instead of torturing yaself over what it means if it's read, not read, deleted blah blah blah...

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Why is it not?"

If you mean not replying, because it's accepted as a Fab norm. It's in the FAQ you should have read when you joined.

over a year ago

I find it really ignorant when I have my profile on show, with the entire profile text saying that my inbox is only open because of the forums and that I won't reply to any other messages because I won't be interested in them, yet I still get messages that have nothing to do with the forums.

Likewise, I find it even more ignorant when people can't read the FAQ and find out that no reply = not interested.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"Why is it not?"

If that was for me, it isn't ignorant because some women get so many, they couldn't reply to all.

Plus most don't read a profile, so why should people reply to those.

By *otstuffbabeCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Why is it not?"

I've just deleted 2 messages without replying, not ignorant at all, neither were within my stated criteria so why would i bother engaging?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I find it really ignorant when I have my profile on show, with the entire profile text saying that my inbox is only open because of the forums and that I won't reply to any other messages because I won't be interested in them, yet I still get messages that have nothing to do with the forums.

Likewise, I find it even more ignorant when people can't read the FAQ and find out that no reply = not interested."

Yes. Not reading profiles, or scattergun messages, is pretty ignorant too.

(Before anyone comes at me about filters, my filters are currently set to "no". And it doesn't excuse rudeness by those messaging)

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"Used to be an unwritten rule if you read a message then delete was took as not interested but most read n ignore without deleting the messages so guys get wrong impression "

I do believe even the most ignorants they will know straight forwards a msg not replied or not delected but ignored would mean NO simple as that , there's not such thing here as ignorant , what yes exist is some people can't just accept the fact of receiving a NO

over a year ago

No

over a year ago

"I find it really ignorant when I have my profile on show, with the entire profile text saying that my inbox is only open because of the forums and that I won't reply to any other messages because I won't be interested in them, yet I still get messages that have nothing to do with the forums.

Likewise, I find it even more ignorant when people can't read the FAQ and find out that no reply = not interested.

(Before anyone comes at me about filters, my filters are currently set to "no". And it doesn't excuse rudeness by those messaging)"

My current profile - when it's on show - is seven words long. Still get messages saying how great my profile and pictures are though

over a year ago

The wrong impression?!

Ok

If you walk up to me in a bar, talk to me and I ignore you and walk away, you know I’m not interested

If you walk up to me in a bar, talk to me and I ignore you, YOU STILL KNOW IM NOT INTERESTED

Jesus

This winds me up more than it should. I’ve been accused of ‘leading men on’ because I read their message and didn’t delete it straight away

Like ????? How am I leading you on

If someone is interested, they will reply to you

over a year ago

"Why is it not?

I've just deleted 2 messages without replying, not ignorant at all, neither were within my stated criteria so why would i bother engaging?"

THIS!!! I get bombarded by people outside of what I’m looking for. Fortunately the majority try the one message then leave me alone when I just delete it. There are a few however who won’t f*ck off and I end up having to block them.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Used to be an unwritten rule if you read a message then delete was took as not interested but most read n ignore without deleting the messages so guys get wrong impression

The wrong impression?!

Ok

If you walk up to me in a bar, talk to me and I ignore you and walk away, you know I’m not interested

If you walk up to me in a bar, talk to me and I ignore you, YOU STILL KNOW IM NOT INTERESTED

Jesus

This winds me up more than it should. I’ve been accused of ‘leading men on’ because I read their message and didn’t delete it straight away

Like ????? How am I leading you on

If someone is interested, they will reply to you"

Yes is yes.

Anything else, assume no unless/ until told yes.

over a year ago

Like others, we are genuinely curious.

What do you class as ignorant??

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

(Before anyone comes at me about filters, my filters are currently set to "no". And it doesn't excuse rudeness by those messaging)

My current profile - when it's on show - is seven words long. Still get messages saying how great my profile and pictures are though "

Mine is longer but I wrote it for other people's benefit and if you can't do yourself the favour then go away.

By *otstuffbabeCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Why is it not?

I've just deleted 2 messages without replying, not ignorant at all, neither were within my stated criteria so why would i bother engaging?

THIS!!! I get bombarded by people outside of what I’m looking for. Fortunately the majority try the one message then leave me alone when I just delete it. There are a few however who won’t f*ck off and I end up having to block them. "

Yep,it's quite annoying! If i do get a decent message though even if i'm not interested i will reply but even then can get a nasty reply! Was told i was ugly recently because i sent a polite thanks but no thanks message! You can't win!

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

To fair i think most folk on here are lovely and decent people. The few baddies are easy to ignore.

over a year ago

I think it is probably well worth bearing in mind that whatever is written on a profile 99% of people on here at any time are just browsing with no intention whatsoever of meeting anyone . No reply is pretty much a standard response.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

To me ignorant means that someone doesn't know or is ignorant of certain facts.

By *ersnickety PantsWoman
over a year ago

Club Meets Only

This is a social site? I keep getting told its a sex site

By *hyes89 OP   Man
over a year ago

hull

Ok so the intention of the post was initially people not reading profiles and just messaging people regardless of what they are looking for etc but in a way i do find it a bit ignorant when you get a no response as its not hard to say no thankyou is it....but some of you get 100s of messages a day so its understandable!

over a year ago

"This is a social site? I keep getting told its a sex site "

I keep getting told it’s a swinging site

over a year ago

"Ok so the intention of the post was initially people not reading profiles and just messaging people regardless of what they are looking for etc but in a way i do find it a bit ignorant when you get a no response as its not hard to say no thankyou is it....but some of you get 100s of messages a day so its understandable! "

When you get junk mail in the post, do you write a letter back to them as a thanks?

By *urious_Female89Woman
over a year ago

great yarmouth

I think some people's expectations are insane on here! I think we should learn to enjoy fab, go with flow all hippy like

By *hyes89 OP   Man
over a year ago

hull

"I think some people's expectations are insane on here! I think we should learn to enjoy fab, go with flow all hippy like "

100% this i agree with

By *hyes89 OP   Man
over a year ago

hull

"Ok so the intention of the post was initially people not reading profiles and just messaging people regardless of what they are looking for etc but in a way i do find it a bit ignorant when you get a no response as its not hard to say no thankyou is it....but some of you get 100s of messages a day so its understandable!

When you get junk mail in the post, do you write a letter back to them as a thanks?"

Bit daft arent you

over a year ago

"I think some people's expectations are insane on here! I think we should learn to enjoy fab, go with flow all hippy like

100% this i agree with"

But you don’t agree with it, if you expect people to reply to everyone?

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I think some people's expectations are insane on here! I think we should learn to enjoy fab, go with flow all hippy like "

Well said

By *hyes89 OP   Man
over a year ago

hull

"Ok so the intention of the post was initially people not reading profiles and just messaging people regardless of what they are looking for etc but in a way i do find it a bit ignorant when you get a no response as its not hard to say no thankyou is it....but some of you get 100s of messages a day so its understandable!

When you get junk mail in the post, do you write a letter back to them as a thanks?"

Did you miss the first bit explaining why i posted?

over a year ago

When you get junk mail in the post, do you write a letter back to them as a thanks?

Bit daft arent you"

Nope.

So, do you? Because I sure as hell don’t, and don’t see why anyone would.

By *hyes89 OP   Man
over a year ago

hull

"I think some people's expectations are insane on here! I think we should learn to enjoy fab, go with flow all hippy like

100% this i agree with

But you don’t agree with it, if you expect people to reply to everyone?"

I didnt once say i expected it, can you stop trying to argue now?

over a year ago

100% this i agree with

I didnt once say i expected it, can you stop trying to argue now?"

I’m not trying to argue, it’s a debate. I’m a lover not a fighter

By *hyes89 OP   Man
over a year ago

hull

100% this i agree with

I didnt once say i expected it, can you stop trying to argue now?

I’m not trying to argue, it’s a debate. I’m a lover not a fighter "

Welll im a loving your big boobies

By *hyes89 OP   Man
over a year ago

hull

Sorry couldnt resist

By *heslimoneMan
over a year ago

Deeside

People have expectations? That could be where they are going wrong

over a year ago

Totally agree op

By *urious_Female89Woman
over a year ago

great yarmouth

Well said "

Thank you!

over a year ago

Not everyone has equal manners as yourself, something i am slowly learning

Post new Message to Thread