Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Would you have taken the £2,000 !

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In 2016, Leicester city won the title at odds of £5,000/1 available.Leicester fans,etc put £1 on to win £5,000 back.

Bookies then offered nine weeks before end of season early payout £2,000. (Very slight chance they could not be top,but possible)

One chap took £72,000 instead of waiting for £250,000.

Would you have taken the £2,000 for a £1 ...or waited????

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"In 2016, Leicester city won the title at odds of £5,000/1 available.Leicester fans,etc put £1 on to win £5,000 back.

Bookies then offered nine weeks before end of season early payout £2,000. (Very slight chance they could not be top,but possible)

One chap took £72,000 instead of waiting for £250,000.

Would you have taken the £2,000 for a £1 ...or waited????"

I'd have waited.

over a year ago

Waited but I’d wait a thousand years with Southend United.

T

over a year ago

Waited. The way i see it if i stick a bet on i see it to the end.

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Waited ,

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

This happened to me with a bet. I had Liverpool to win 4-0 against Barcelona. They needed four clear goals and I knew there was a good chance they could do it.

Anyone who remembers the game will know they got the four goals (I couldn’t watch it on the TV so didn’t know how the game was going) and I was offered a really good payout. About £250 over around £350 if I’d wait till full time.

I took the £250 as if Barca had scored I’d have lost everything, it was an exact score line bet.

If I was a Leicester fan I’d love to say I would have left it and took the lot, but no £2k is still a decent payday and in my case would of been exactly what I’d have done.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'd have been worried Leicester could have played an inillegible player ..and been deducted points so I'd have taken the 2000

Post new Message to Thread