FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Making an awkward situation even more awkward.

Jump to newest

By *G999 OP   Man
over a year ago

Everywhere & Nowhere

Back in the dark ages when you were allowed more than two people in a lift..... remember those days?

Lifts can be odd enough, everyone invading each others space, some avoiding eye contact, others very much making eye contact in a disturbing way...

I had one of the latter types eyeballing me, some weird bloke making things very odd. So I made eye contact and said.

"I've wearing some brand new socks today, they're so warm, they feel wonderful"

The silence was palpable apart from the other occupants trying their best not to laugh out loud. Weird bloke just looked at the floor and left at the next stop

Feel free to share your most lighthearted awkward moments, and what was said or done to either lift the mood or just make it worse

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I once got into a lift and was selecting the ground floor as a guy stepped in and the doors started to close - without thinking and being a chatty friendly sort, i said firmly and loudly "going down?" as i turned to face him... He looked stunned and i realised how dirty my innocent comment sounded and then the blush spread up my neck and face as he started to laugh

I was mortified and shot out of the lift as soon as it arrived

By *atBottomGirlsWoman
over a year ago

St Austell-ish

Moved into a village a few months ago. I have short hair, and have occasionally been asked, over the years, if I'm bi or gay. I'm straight, and only take offense to being asked my sexuality when it's by someone who feels it's ok to ask this of a complete stranger.

Have been asked this now SEVEN times in the past 2 months, in the same bar (by different men I didn't know).

My now standard response is: Yes, if you are the only alternative.

By *G999 OP   Man
over a year ago

Everywhere & Nowhere

"Moved into a village a few months ago. I have short hair, and have occasionally been asked, over the years, if I'm bi or gay. I'm straight, and only take offense to being asked my sexuality when it's by someone who feels it's ok to ask this of a complete stranger.

Have been asked this now SEVEN times in the past 2 months, in the same bar (by different men I didn't know).

My now standard response is: Yes, if you are the only alternative."

Haha, nice work.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Guy at work constantly talks about his kids when we bump into each other in the kitchen area when I genuinely couldn't give 2 shits either way. It's a chore listening to him so I just let him go on with the occasional "hmmm" and "oh right" to contribute.

And then when he's finished, I just say "fair enough" and walk away back to my desk.

Harsh? Probably, but it's awkward for me to pretend to be interested in his unsolicited stories just because work in the same place

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Not so much awkward but funny - years ago I had a couple of business trips to Houston where one of the guys we were meeting was a part time professional Jack Nicholson look-a-like, was quite funny watching people's reactions when they got into a lift and spotted him or in a bar etc - they'd be nudging their friends and doing that awkward nod you do when you see a celebrity out and about - the guy played up to it completely too.

Post new Message to Thread