Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

tesco's

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

so tesco's has decided that you can only have some offers if you have a club card it seems to have pissed alot of people off ... they want all your info for offers so some one pops in for shopping see the offer but cant have it even tho its up in big letter saying save money.

i never liked the tescos club card as they used so much info off it as well as selling the info on (small writing as always) ... before they gave you vouchers to exchange at the till so those that never had clubcards never knew the offers ....

i think tescos is about to lose alot of custom due to this no wonder aldi does so well plain simple shopping and before anyone says data protection sorry you sign all that away when you sign for the card....

so have you seen the advert or been in store ?? what do you think ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

This is interesting.......... I'm going to read it.

Love Mrs. Sainsbury.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"This is interesting.......... I'm going to read it.

Love Mrs. Sainsbury.

"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Follow your heart.

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

I would imagine all supermarkets will be doing this soon .. a new approach to 'loyalty' which will become even more important if we have another full lockdown and people are back shopping online again .. could be ?

By *ocusMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

"so tesco's has decided that you can only have some offers if you have a club card it seems to have pissed alot of people off ... they want all your info for offers so some one pops in for shopping see the offer but cant have it even tho its up in big letter saying save money.

i never liked the tescos club card as they used so much info off it as well as selling the info on (small writing as always) ... before they gave you vouchers to exchange at the till so those that never had clubcards never knew the offers ....

i think tescos is about to lose alot of custom due to this no wonder aldi does so well plain simple shopping and before anyone says data protection sorry you sign all that away when you sign for the card....

so have you seen the advert or been in store ?? what do you think ??"

Sainsbury's 4 life yo!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I've just seen the ad on oooooo tooob where the woman flicks her phone ....

Looking at the goods fuck it I say.

I do not want a pizza or ice cream or chips ....... so ...... fuck it.

I'm sure there will be more offers BUT think I'll give Tesco a huge SWERVE and stick to stores that are up front with customers and give the same offers to all .....

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I would imagine all supermarkets will be doing this soon .. a new approach to 'loyalty' which will become even more important if we have another full lockdown and people are back shopping online again .. could be ?"

But everyone knows that loyalty means higher prices.........

over a year ago

Saw a gentleman made a post about this last night or yesterday, unfortunately Tesco is his closest shop and nothing closer by

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Saw a gentleman made a post about this last night or yesterday, unfortunately Tesco is his closest shop and nothing closer by "

Then they have him by the cumquats.....

By *untocum1000TV/TS
over a year ago

newmarket

"This is interesting.......... I'm going to read it.

Love Mrs. Sainsbury.

Me too...mr morrison

"

over a year ago

Dont see the problem. Go shop at Sainsburys where you dont get as much Nectar for your pound

over a year ago

I have club card and based on your assumptions it would have been already sold. So as in other subscriptions as well eg insurance roadside assistance mobile kfc... when the security started get very personal like using biometric and personal data every community have started collecting some sort of data so now it’s up to us to keep it safe. And regarding offers haven’t noticed much but on some crisps and candy’s which anyway not good for our sexy bodies

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

We've had many holidays and hotel breaks with Tesco points. Which reminds us, we've got enough points for a nice long weekend somewhere.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

We have Clubcards and get a lot of cash vouchers every so often. Hubby has a Tesco credit card, which we use for almost everything and collect lots of points. He pays the balance off in full. Yes we quizzed the cashier about this new scheme and she said that they have had a lot of confused customers. We're ok with it.

over a year ago

I’ve just been to tescos. There were loads of those offers. £18 off my weekly shop once I put my clubcard through. What’s not to like

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I’ve just been to tescos. There were loads of those offers. £18 off my weekly shop once I put my clubcard through. What’s not to like "

I dunno ..... what did you buy that you didnt' want in order to make the 'savings' ?

What percentage of your whole bill was £18?

Was it all sweeties, biscuits and crisps ?

By *unmatt888Man
over a year ago

Duns

I don't get the problem. If you don't want a clubcard, then just pay full price.

over a year ago

"I’ve just been to tescos. There were loads of those offers. £18 off my weekly shop once I put my clubcard through. What’s not to like

I dunno ..... what did you buy that you didnt' want in order to make the 'savings' ?

Was it all sweeties, biscuits and crisps ?"

Haha. No sweeties etc. Trying to be good. I only bought what I needed but perhaps some stuff instead of other stuff because of the prices. Just checked my bill and the only thing I wouldn’t have bought was a chocolate orange . They were a pound

over a year ago

"I’ve just been to tescos. There were loads of those offers. £18 off my weekly shop once I put my clubcard through. What’s not to like

Was it all sweeties, biscuits and crisps ?

Haha. No sweeties etc. Trying to be good. I only bought what I needed but perhaps some stuff instead of other stuff because of the prices. Just checked my bill and the only thing I wouldn’t have bought was a chocolate orange . They were a pound "

Oh and £150 down to £132

over a year ago

Most places give benefits for loyalty cards. Don’t see the issue

over a year ago

I don't use Tesco enough to warrant a clubcard. I use me linked to my sister's card, or one linked to a friend's card.

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Sainsbury’s already do something similar with their Nectar card; they’ve got a fresh fruit ang veg promo on at the moment that is only open to Nectar card holders.

By *uminsiderMKMan
over a year ago

St Austell

Our Clubcard points get converted into Avios (formerly Airmiles), and across shopping, fuel and phone they soon add up - and using a BA Amex card effectively doubles them...

....over the years we've had a weekend (flights and hotel) in Rome, another in Venice, and this time last year the wife used them for her flights for a week in Florence - so if we get the occasional few quid knocked off the shopping bill too, what's not to like?

over a year ago

"Sainsbury’s already do something similar with their Nectar card; they’ve got a fresh fruit ang veg promo on at the moment that is only open to Nectar card holders."

Where does it say that?

I’ve seen nothing in the Sainsbury’s I go to.

Post new Message to Thread