Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Halloween.. Planning ahead..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am a highly motivated and community spirited person and so just set up a community 'pumpkin trail' idea for the town to participate in..

But thinking ahead to the forums.. are you lovely lot all dressing up and getting the face paints/props out?

I remember buying wigs etc years ago trying to achieve a specific profile picture..

With no actual pub events to attend, no swingers clubs open.. are you going to bother this year or is it a right wash out?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm staying at home. I only started bothering in connection to my charity work, and that's cancelled this year.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm making it fun for the children. We are dressing up, having party food, playing music and watching spooky films with chocolate. The house will be made to look as spooky as ever.

over a year ago

"I'm staying at home. I only started bothering in connection to my charity work, and that's cancelled this year."

Amazing you do charity work though x x

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

I'll be isolating anyway so will mostly be hiding at home with K... getting freaky

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

We are going to do a forum Halloween Photo challenge......

And we set up a haunted house in our holiday cottage here in town every year for the kids.... luckily there is a front and a back door so we should be able to do it still with a tweak to the way they come in

over a year ago

"I'm making it fun for the children. We are dressing up, having party food, playing music and watching spooky films with chocolate. The house will be made to look as spooky as ever. "

Ah that sounds amazing!! Casper the friendly ghost will be on mine and my daughters watch list

Hope you and your children all have a blast x x

over a year ago

"I'll be isolating anyway so will mostly be hiding at home with K... getting freaky "

if you are isolating i hope you are well..

over a year ago

"I'm making it fun for the children. We are dressing up, having party food, playing music and watching spooky films with chocolate. The house will be made to look as spooky as ever.

Ah that sounds amazing!! Casper the friendly ghost will be on mine and my daughters watch list

Hope you and your children all have a blast x x "

Hocus pocus is the top of our list, along with the Hotel Transylvania trilogy.

Thank you and you.

Oh, I'll be doing a photo challenge with the wife too. Just the right mix of scary and sexy for people to get their teeth in to

over a year ago

"We are going to do a forum Halloween Photo challenge......

And we set up a haunted house in our holiday cottage here in town every year for the kids.... luckily there is a front and a back door so we should be able to do it still with a tweak to the way they come in"

Oh that sounds funky!! Luckily if children want big things like that we have Woodlands 5 mins away and to be fair most of the town has annual passes.

Haunted house sounds sooo cool! If i were a kid id love something like that. Nicely done NSP

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

"I'll be isolating anyway so will mostly be hiding at home with K... getting freaky

if you are isolating i hope you are well.. "

I'm fine, it's just a travel requirement

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm staying at home. I only started bothering in connection to my charity work, and that's cancelled this year.

Amazing you do charity work though x x "

Last year I went as Mary Poppins. It was a huge hit.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Was able to get tickets to a big halloween party event and will certainly be dressing up for the part. Can't wait

over a year ago

"I'm making it fun for the children. We are dressing up, having party food, playing music and watching spooky films with chocolate. The house will be made to look as spooky as ever.

Thank you and you.

Oh, I'll be doing a photo challenge with the wife too. Just the right mix of scary and sexy for people to get their teeth in to "

OMG i totally forgot about Hocus Pocus..

Thats way better than Casper.. lol

Look forward to the Avatar Challenge,, i used to 'run' them yearsss ago so be cool to participate

Any excuse to get the face paints out

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

And we set up a haunted house in our holiday cottage here in town every year for the kids.... luckily there is a front and a back door so we should be able to do it still with a tweak to the way they come in

Oh that sounds funky!! Luckily if children want big things like that we have Woodlands 5 mins away and to be fair most of the town has annual passes.

Haunted house sounds sooo cool! If i were a kid id love something like that. Nicely done NSP

"

Thanks! Love the pumpkin trail as well.

We have a great community spirit here in town and we really make the most of it. Love doing stuff like this. And then we have the Santa grotto to sort.....

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Thank you and you.

Oh, I'll be doing a photo challenge with the wife too. Just the right mix of scary and sexy for people to get their teeth in to

OMG i totally forgot about Hocus Pocus..

Thats way better than Casper.. lol

Look forward to the Avatar Challenge,, i used to 'run' them yearsss ago so be cool to participate

Any excuse to get the face paints out "

For me that's a day ending in Y

over a year ago

"I'll be isolating anyway so will mostly be hiding at home with K... getting freaky

if you are isolating i hope you are well..

I'm fine, it's just a travel requirement "

Better to be safe than sorry even though it seams like a pain. As you say you get quality time with Mrs LVM

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"I am a highly motivated and community spirited person and so just set up a community 'pumpkin trail' idea for the town to participate in..

But thinking ahead to the forums.. are you lovely lot all dressing up and getting the face paints/props out?

I remember buying wigs etc years ago trying to achieve a specific profile picture..

With no actual pub events to attend, no swingers clubs open.. are you going to bother this year or is it a right wash out?

"

Got some Halloween boxers coming and that's as exciting as it's going to get this year

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"I am a highly motivated and community spirited person and so just set up a community 'pumpkin trail' idea for the town to participate in..

Got some Halloween boxers coming and that's as exciting as it's going to get this year "

Come here.... make it more exciting

over a year ago

"I'm staying at home. I only started bothering in connection to my charity work, and that's cancelled this year.

Last year I went as Mary Poppins. It was a huge hit."

Mary Poppins such a cool character x

over a year ago

I dont do Halloween but I will be getting some sweets in as there are a few children nearby now I've moved.

So I'll be spending the evening trying not to eat the Halloween sweets

over a year ago

"Was able to get tickets to a big halloween party event and will certainly be dressing up for the part. Can't wait "

Lets hope there are no more than 6 people there

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I never really did it for me. I don't consider it part of my culture, never did.

But I do stupid shit for my vulnerable people. Whatever

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

Got some Halloween boxers coming and that's as exciting as it's going to get this year

Come here.... make it more exciting "

That would make it more exciting

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

Come here.... make it more exciting

That would make it more exciting "

Oh yes indeed.....

over a year ago

We have a great community spirit here in town and we really make the most of it. Love doing stuff like this. And then we have the Santa grotto to sort....."

Eakk i cant wait for Xmas Personally its my fave time of the year x

Sounds like we both live in amazing towns to have such a high community spirit.. maybe its just a Devon thing hehe

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

We have a great community spirit here in town and we really make the most of it. Love doing stuff like this. And then we have the Santa grotto to sort.....

Eakk i cant wait for Xmas Personally its my fave time of the year x

Sounds like we both live in amazing towns to have such a high community spirit.. maybe its just a Devon thing hehe

"

I think it could well be.....

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Was able to get tickets to a big halloween party event and will certainly be dressing up for the part. Can't wait

Lets hope there are no more than 6 people there "

Covid free here in the channel islands. No restrictions

over a year ago

"Was able to get tickets to a big halloween party event and will certainly be dressing up for the part. Can't wait

Lets hope there are no more than 6 people there

Covid free here in the channel islands. No restrictions "

o0o0o you jammy sod lol

not envious at allll lol

over a year ago

"I never really did it for me. I don't consider it part of my culture, never did.

But I do stupid shit for my vulnerable people. Whatever "

I'm with you. Don't know if it's our age or a Manc thing, but Bonfire night was party time: 31st Oct was just another ordinary day.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I never really did it for me. I don't consider it part of my culture, never did.

I'm with you. Don't know if it's our age or a Manc thing, but Bonfire night was party time: 31st Oct was just another ordinary day. "

Growing up in Australia it's something I saw on American TV. Obviously I know some people celebrate in the UK and have done for a long time, but... no thanks not interested.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I love Halloween

Our area is doing a pumpkin trail type thing but its to spot houses with decorations in windows a bit like the Rainbow walks during lockdown I think.

Will probably dress up for work on the Friday if I can get away with it. Always do at least one pumpkin carving but thinking of some other ideas this year too

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I adore Halloween. We will definitely do something.

You can stick Christmas up your arse sideways, I'd rather have two Halloweens

over a year ago

I actually really dislike Halloween so I'm relieved it will be a quieter affair this year.

I have a massive phobia of face paint so Halloween is not fun for me at all.

over a year ago

Last year I went as Mary Poppins. It was a huge hit."

Having just seen the photo, I can indeed vouch you went as Mary Poppins, the costume is fabulous,, don't think you could ever look bad in anything to be fair x x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Last year I went as Mary Poppins. It was a huge hit.

Having just seen the photo, I can indeed vouch you went as Mary Poppins, the costume is fabulous,, don't think you could ever look bad in anything to be fair x x "

They told me I was practically perfect in every way

over a year ago

No. I’m a humbug when it comes to Halloween. Don’t like it, never have. Christmas however, I’m Christmas mad

over a year ago

I'm with you. Don't know if it's our age or a Manc thing, but Bonfire night was party time: 31st Oct was just another ordinary day. "

See i am fascinated by fire, i love watching a bonfire, a local village each year creates a huge sculpture thing and then sets fire to it.. oh its amazing x

Think this is why my perfect night in involves a log burner or open fire

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

Goid luck for your venture! Personally we're not going trick or treating. And putting a sign out for no callers. We normally have 100's of kids to the door. I don't want to encorage groups and have lots of hands going in and iut of sweet bowl and on door bell.

Will be doing stuff indoors, just family bubble.

over a year ago

"I love Halloween

Our area is doing a pumpkin trail type thing but its to spot houses with decorations in windows a bit like the Rainbow walks during lockdown I think.

Will probably dress up for work on the Friday if I can get away with it. Always do at least one pumpkin carving but thinking of some other ideas this year too "

Yup thats what we are all doing.. no one had made the decision to do it, so ive made some posters and stuck them on all the local fbook pages and emailed them to primary schools.. at least this way the majority of the town will get involved like we did for the rainbow walks.

ive got some businesses to donate prizes and so going to turn it into a bit of a fun comp to increase creativity.. just hope it works out. x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I suspect a lot of people will be feeling the fact they can't do their normal things. I'm ok as an introvert (and not celebrating) but I feel for all those who aren't. It's tough. We're all in it together. I stand with you xx

over a year ago

"Goid luck for your venture! Personally we're not going trick or treating. And putting a sign out for no callers. We normally have 100's of kids to the door. I don't want to encorage groups and have lots of hands going in and iut of sweet bowl and on door bell.

Will be doing stuff indoors, just family bubble. "

Thinking about Covid from a health and safety reason i put some feeler out on how other parents felt about trick or treating. I stated that collecting sweets even with masks still could be risky.. putting hands in a mixed bowl of sweets wasnt great for infection either.. and as the town had made no other plans decided to jump on the pumpkin trail band wagon..

lots of parents were undecided so just decided to take the bull by the horns and make a concrete option for others to roll with, Made the posters and posted them on social media.. woke up with 45 people saying they will also do it :D Phew :D

over a year ago

Meant to be going away with the girls but with the restrictions not so sure.

Other than that I’ll be messing around with face paint, having a family film fest.

Planning on putting do not enter tape across my drive way and clipping sweet packets to it for those idiots who are still allowing the kids to trick or treat. I’ve made Halloween packs for the 2 little boys who live next door with toys, games and Halloween sweets.

I may bake some Halloween cakes for the rest of the neighbours

over a year ago

"Meant to be going away with the girls but with the restrictions not so sure.

Other than that I’ll be messing around with face paint, having a family film fest.

Planning on putting do not enter tape across my drive way and clipping sweet packets to it for those idiots who are still allowing the kids to trick or treat. I’ve made Halloween packs for the 2 little boys who live next door with toys, games and Halloween sweets.

I may bake some Halloween cakes for the rest of the neighbours "

Oh wow i wanna be your neighbour.. cake you say x x

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

I may bake some Halloween cakes for the rest of the neighbours "

Guess I'm moving for Halloween then

over a year ago

I may bake some Halloween cakes for the rest of the neighbours

Oh wow i wanna be your neighbour.. cake you say x x "

For VE Day I sent all the neighbours themed cupcakes and scones with pots of cream and jam. Total feeder

over a year ago

"

Guess I'm moving for Halloween then "

In the politest way possible.. 'piss off'

I wanna be her neighbour.. you can move to the shed :D

Im not sharing cake lol

over a year ago

"

For VE Day I sent all the neighbours themed cupcakes and scones with pots of cream and jam. Total feeder "

You are perfect

Packing my bags as i type

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"

Im not sharing cake lol "

If there's cake I don't mind the shed and I'm sure there's plenty for us both

over a year ago

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"

Im not sharing cake lol

If there's cake I don't mind the shed and I'm sure there's plenty for us both "

I'll bake for you and I have a massive bed.

Just saying

over a year ago

"

Im not sharing cake lol

If there's cake I don't mind the shed and I'm sure there's plenty for us both "

I dont understand the word 'Sharing' .. im confused..

Whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine,,

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"

Im not sharing cake lol

Just saying "

Perfect, cake and a big bed

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Im not sharing cake lol

Whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine,, "

This is a benefit of staying at home.

Stay home, save lives, don't share

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Sorry I don't do Halloween at for me it's all about November 5th

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"

Im not sharing cake lol

Just saying

Perfect, cake and a big bed "

Thought you'd like that.....

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"

Im not sharing cake lol

Whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine,, "

sometimes it's good to share, can be rewarding

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"

Im not sharing cake lol

Stay home, save lives, don't share "

Sounds like something borris will say one day

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"

Im not sharing cake lol

Just saying "

Cake and massive bed you say??

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"

Im not sharing cake lol

Just saying

Cake and massive bed you say?? "

You joining us?

By *isspurplechesterWoman
over a year ago

Chester

Myself and the kids are definitely making an extra effort this year, and currently making our own costumes, even for the dogs haha. We will have our own special Halloween, and decorate the front of the house for the other kids to enjoy. And once my kids go to bed, it'll be mum time, sure I'll be taking some fab appropriate pics, hope they're not too scary hehe x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Im not sharing cake lol

Stay home, save lives, don't share

Sounds like something borris will say one day "

Not sharing is something that side of the aisle are good at

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"

Im not sharing cake lol

Just saying

Cake and massive bed you say?? "

Come find out.....

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

My kids are past dressing up but I will put my pumpkin out with some sweets for the little ones who might knock on my door.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"I'm making it fun for the children. We are dressing up, having party food, playing music and watching spooky films with chocolate. The house will be made to look as spooky as ever. "

Same

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

Illegal here I heard. Not checked it out though.

How can people go door to door ? When we can't mix at all.

No families , nothing

By *uriouscouple83Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

We normally take the girls out trick or treating early and then spend the rest of the evening handing out the treats. So as not to break with social distancing, Mr is making a catapult to launch bags of haribo at passing kids.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Hmmmmmmmmm so ........

No.10 said the rules were “clear” and that parents living under restrictions which state that households should not mix will not be allowed to send their kids door knocking on October 31.

Rule of 6 applies in some areas and in restricted areas........ do NOT go door to do or unless you want a £200 fine

Peace n eat my own sweets

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"We normally take the girls out trick or treating early and then spend the rest of the evening handing out the treats. So as not to break with social distancing, Mr is making a catapult to launch bags of haribo at passing kids. "

at ?

Can I watch ?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

We’ll be having our usual indoor themed Halloween weekend, from movies, dress up, games and food

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"We’ll be having our usual indoor themed Halloween weekend, from movies, dress up, games and food "

I might have my own.

What film shall I watch ?

over a year ago

can people still go trick or treating?

or has that been banned also

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

What they are doing round here is parents are talking their kids for a walk around theur area and each time they spot a house with some kind of Halloween decorations in window or door then they give them a sweet.

I believe some people are also taping individual wee bags of sweets to their gate/fence for kids to take one.

No door knocking etc

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"We’ll be having our usual indoor themed Halloween weekend, from movies, dress up, games and food

I might have my own.

What film shall I watch ?"

Depends on your scare scale.... do you like funny scary, the odd jump out of your skin scare; hide behind your cushion scary or full on gore

By *uriouscouple83Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

"We normally take the girls out trick or treating early and then spend the rest of the evening handing out the treats. So as not to break with social distancing, Mr is making a catapult to launch bags of haribo at passing kids.

at ?

Can I watch ?"

Yes, it should make for some levity. He is currently perfecting the force and trajectory required to hit the target. He has painted markers on the pavement to show when the mark is in range.

over a year ago

Got my kids, I shall be dressing up, doing a sweet hunt by torchlight, then looking at the full moon through the telescope, then watching a kiddie horror x

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't like the gratuitous ones.... you know ......the ones that just involve cutting someone up and puddles of blood and ear piercing screaming.....

Things that scare me are those closest to reality ...... like stalking, shadows, lies, deceit , manipulation and things that make me scream at the victim to stop them getting caught.

There's no costume stuff in the world that scares me.

That Luther series with the man in the mask on the bus ...... fuck me ..... scary.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"We normally take the girls out trick or treating early and then spend the rest of the evening handing out the treats. So as not to break with social distancing, Mr is making a catapult to launch bags of haribo at passing kids.

at ?

Can I watch ?

Yes, it should make for some levity. He is currently perfecting the force and trajectory required to hit the target. He has painted markers on the pavement to show when the mark is in range. "

I already love him.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"I don't like the gratuitous ones.... you know ......the ones that just involve cutting someone up and puddles of blood and ear piercing screaming.....

Things that scare me are those closest to reality ...... like stalking, shadows, lies, deceit , manipulation and things that make me scream at the victim to stop them getting caught.

There's no costume stuff in the world that scares me.

That Luther series with the man in the mask on the bus ...... fuck me ..... scary."

See Granny, you say no costume stuff that scares you. But you've not seen me in lycra yet. That's one scary costume

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I love Halloween! I'm hoping a basic bitch is back and posting in time for sexy slutty Halloween photos, I've been inspired to step up my pumpkin carving this year. I've already started watching horror films (Candyman yesterday and the social commentary made it so relevant to now), I've got all the Treehouse of Horrors ready. I'm not too sure what I'll do for trick or treaters this year, I'm still going to decorate and I'm hoping to do a big window display and make a beautiful wreath (probably buy it. ) but I want to give them sweets. I'll probably donate to the local food bank instead.

Post new Message to Thread