Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ageism on Fab

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Firstly this is not a whine or criticism aimed at anyone just observation, based on my experience.

At 54 it would seem to many I'm past it ready for the pipe and slippers and soon care home.

Does any other mature or older males/females/couples feel the same ? Or am I simply being a silly old fart ?

I'm genuinely interested in views by people both older and younger involved in the swinging scene.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Younger men blame their age for their lack of meets. Older men blame their age for their lack of meets. It's almost as if it is only men precisely the age of 37 and 3 months that are considered acceptable.

By *eonMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I don’t think it’s ageism you’ve just got to respect that every member has their own preferences whether that’s age shape, size, sex, race. I’m 100% sure you’ll fit nicely into a lot of people’s criteria. Just work on getting them to notice you.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You're just a silly old fart

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"Firstly this is not a whine or criticism aimed at anyone just observation, based on my experience.

At 54 it would seem to many I'm past it ready for the pipe and slippers and soon care home.

Does any other mature or older males/females/couples feel the same ? Or am I simply being a silly old fart ?

I'm genuinely interested in views by people both older and younger involved in the swinging scene."

Do you know for certain that the only reason you can't get a meet is because of your age?

over a year ago

You have an age filter yourself, so are those over 65 past it? The same question could be asked by a 66 year old to yourself.

The older you get the less people who are attracted to you, that’s just natural really.

Many people have age filters that will rule you out, many have age filters that won’t rule you out, focus on the latter!

over a year ago

"Firstly this is not a whine or criticism aimed at anyone just observation, based on my experience.

I'm genuinely interested in views by people both older and younger involved in the swinging scene."

The 66 year olds are asking the same question about you.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

I was disappointed to see yesterday, that a single guy local to me, has dropped his age to 56 on his profile. I’m sure he is 61, and his age before wasn’t hurting him as he is a regular club visitor, and has many friends and verifications to show he does very well in the scene. Possibly with the clubs being closed, he is struggling using Fab to attract attention?

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

It's easy to say oh it's my age when people can't get meets but the reality is that there's probably an underlying cause that isn't age related.

Pretend you're a woman and alter your search to looking for men in your area that are your age and be honest with yourself, would you choose you or the competition ?

It's tough but try to up your game

Good luck

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"You have an age filter yourself, so are those over 65 past it? The same question could be asked by a 66 year old to yourself.

The older you get the less people who are attracted to you, that’s just natural really.

Many people have age filters that will rule you out, many have age filters that won’t rule you out, focus on the latter! "

Oh does he now ?

No sex no Granny's opinion..... pah!

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I was disappointed to see yesterday, that a single guy local to me, has dropped his age to 56 on his profile. I’m sure he is 61, and his age before wasn’t hurting him as he is a regular club visitor, and has many friends and verifications to show he does very well in the scene. Possibly with the clubs being closed, he is struggling using Fab to attract attention?"

I've seen so_eone on fab who's set his age to in his 30s. I'm pretty sure he was in his early 40s when I met him in a club many years ago. It also makes you laugh when people have profiles on more than one site but with vastly different ages. I understand changing your age slightly for privacy but to drastically do so just tells me I can't trust them to be honest about other things. It's also very rare for people to look 10 years younger than they really are so it isn't fooling anyone.

By *heslimoneMan
over a year ago

Deeside

On the bright side op there are plenty of young women who only like older guys, I've seen women in their 20's who consider myself at 42 to be too young, so it's certainly not ageism it is merely personal preference and what so_eone is attracted to which cannot and should not be defined by anyone else but the individual. Focus on those who's preference you fit and fit yours, make every effort to strike up a winning conversation with them and don't get disheartened by the knock backs....new people join every day.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We certainly have way fewer people wanting to meet us than 3 or 4 years ago and that will drop again at the end of the month when I'll be 64.

People in general want to have sex with young people, even the older ones lol. There are a few who genuinely prefer older of course but they are very rare.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

For the record, my Granny opinion is this.....

FAB is not ageist. Society is ageist.

I watch men slavering over other women because they want to fuck them and not me......

I don't bleat about what I can't alter and I don't believe they should fuck a 65 year old woman when I'm older and baggier than their own mothers and the wiles , wisdoms and willie knowledge of older women are lost on them.

It does mean that many won't even acknowledge I exist in a forum or at a social. It's understandable that they are looking for common ground. It's not always a shag they want.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"For the record, my Granny opinion is this.....

I watch men slavering over other women because they want to fuck them and not me......

I don't bleat about what I can't alter and I don't believe they should fuck a 65 year old woman when I'm older and baggier than their own mothers and the wiles , wisdoms and willie knowledge of older women are lost on them.

It does mean that many won't even acknowledge I exist in a forum or at a social. It's understandable that they are looking for common ground. It's not always a shag they want.

"

Yep

over a year ago

You’re being silly

over a year ago

"

Did you find you got different/ more messages/ forum replies when you had profile pics over the years? In particular the one with Colin? Serious question.

over a year ago

Nope I'm weeks off turning 59,and my age hasn't been an issue on fab

over a year ago

Pipe and slippers at 54?

There's people whove completed ironman events in their 80's. Self fulfilling prophecy?

Its just life, not everything is catered for just me.

over a year ago

Well we get by, always have enough people to meet, and we're well ancient and antique.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Did you find you got different/ more messages/ forum replies when you had profile pics over the years? In particular the one with Colin? Serious question. "

No. I just unhide my profile and in they flood.

I did get messages about Colin though .... He was a young chick so maybe that was ageism too

By *urplechesterCouple
over a year ago

chester

We have noticed that a lot of ladies have a max age of 50, and as Mr PC is 51 we can't message them. Although at times it's a little frustrating, you do have to remember that everyone has a preference, and we must respect that. I see the same on my single account, looking for ladies, at 44 I'm often too old for them although they are a similar age to me! Maybe the ladies under our preferred age of 30+ get frustrated too that they can't message? It's just one of those things, plenty of folk looking for different things, and that's part of the fun right! Miss PC x

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just to say I'm sure I will get meets when the time is right.

I also have age filters because when I'm officially a pensioner I wont be on here, my choice.

I actually know I'm a silly old fart lol.

This thread is not about me at all it's just people's views in general, I love the site tbh.

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I don't think as a whole there is any ageism on here, obviously there are some who are but it's there choice. I'm 65 very soon 66 when I can officially retire to get state pension, but I'm going to carry on working and gabbing age is but a number

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Society is ageist. This is at most a frighteningly trivial example of this.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Personally I'm the opposite, and would go for a more mature guy over a younger one any day of the week...but that's more about having things in common to talk about.

It also works the other way...I've been on this scene since I was 22, and would regularly be told that I was too young for people. I just search out the people with whom there is mutual attraction.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"I was disappointed to see yesterday, that a single guy local to me, has dropped his age to 56 on his profile. I’m sure he is 61, and his age before wasn’t hurting him as he is a regular club visitor, and has many friends and verifications to show he does very well in the scene. Possibly with the clubs being closed, he is struggling using Fab to attract attention?

I've seen so_eone on fab who's set his age to in his 30s. I'm pretty sure he was in his early 40s when I met him in a club many years ago. It also makes you laugh when people have profiles on more than one site but with vastly different ages. I understand changing your age slightly for privacy but to drastically do so just tells me I can't trust them to be honest about other things. It's also very rare for people to look 10 years younger than they really are so it isn't fooling anyone. "

There’s a couple I saw in a club, and I recognised a tattoo on her which was familiar. It was when I saw them post in various threads that I realised who they were, and yes, they are a good deal older than their profile suggests. There was also the time I was invited to a woman’s house for a social. At the time she purported to be 51, but when she opened her door to me I genuinely almost asked if her daughter was in! It transpired she was 65.......

over a year ago

"Just to say I'm sure I will get meets when the time is right.

I also have age filters because when I'm officially a pensioner I wont be on here, my choice.

This thread is not about me at all it's just people's views in general, I love the site tbh.

"

You're not silly or old.

I'm not attracted to Tom Hardy who is in my Fab age range. Roger Taylor is about 20 years older than my Fab age range but I think he's hot as fuck!

over a year ago

"Society is ageist. This is at most a frighteningly trivial example of this."

This I wouldn't feel comfortable meeting anyone under mid 30's. I'd feel like I was exploiting people, daft as it sounds.

Life isn't about everything being aligned to us as individuals. And that's not because we're always subject to an ism...sometimes we simply can't have what we want?

over a year ago

Did you find you got different/ more messages/ forum replies when you had profile pics over the years? In particular the one with Colin? Serious question.

No. I just unhide my profile and in they flood.

I did get messages about Colin though .... He was a young chick so maybe that was ageism too "

Keep your profile hidden. No-one needs that kind of rampant adulation on a Sunday morning.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Just lie about your age then. Problem solved

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

I think if you have what most women here are looking for then age isn't a major factor

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Rampant adulation ? If only I always see it as more a case of Hardus Helpmeoutus....

over a year ago

"Just lie about your age then. Problem solved "

Until it’s done to you.

over a year ago

"Younger men blame their age for their lack of meets. Older men blame their age for their lack of meets. It's almost as if it is only men precisely the age of 37 and 3 months that are considered acceptable. "

There must be some truth in this as I got my first meet on here when I was 37 and nothing since turning 38

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Younger men blame their age for their lack of meets. Older men blame their age for their lack of meets. It's almost as if it is only men precisely the age of 37 and 3 months that are considered acceptable.

There must be some truth in this as I got my first meet on here when I was 37 and nothing since turning 38 "

See

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

Wow, people making choices about whom to have sex with based on their actual personal preferences?! How awful! Maybe we shouldn't be allowed to express any preferences at all so membership of sites like this can be reduced to chucking keys in a huge bucket and all being delighted with what we get out at random. lol

Come on - this site is about finding what appeals to us all and we all have different preferences. What's wrong with that? We know we certainly won't appeal to lots of people here for all sorts of reasons but does that bother us? No. In the same way lots of people here aren't of interest to us but that doesn't mean they're awful unpleasant people. It just means they're not what we're looking for. When we go out for a meal we go where we fancy, not somewhere which serves food we don't want just to make them happy.

Anyway, what bothers us isn't choices or preferences, it's those people who blatantly lie about stuff in order to mislead others. Only this morning we had a message from a guy whose profile stated he was bi-curious. We replied politely stating we're only looking for straight guy. His response was to say his profile was wrong, he was 100% straight and he'd corrected it. Easy mistake I guess... Only thing was that his verifications contained a long list of bi-experiences. Not so much a mistake as a pack of lies then, in order to get a meeting under false pretences. Nice eh!

Basically people can and do lie about all sorts of stuff including their age and status. They shouldn't but they do and this is a far more serious problem than members expressing preferences which they're perfectly entitled to. We'd rather be rejected a 1000 times by honest people than be deceived once by so_eone who lied to get their way. The only meetings worth having are those where the parties involved have been honest about what they want and who they are. That's why it pays to be cautious on sites such as this.

By *av_55Man
over a year ago

NE

[Removed by poster at 04/10/20 10:58:46]

By *av_55Man
over a year ago

NE

54 as fit as I was in my 20’s

The odd ache now and then

Sleep pattern worse but apart from that 50 clubs is a good club

over a year ago

Give it another 10 years mate.

Totally invisible and enduring enforced involuntary celibacy.

But I'm not bitter.

Much

By *idower2019Man
over a year ago

Walsall

There is no point in lying about your age. You have got there with all the good and bad experiences. Some people may find you interesting some won't as in normal life not everyone is going to want to spend time getting to know you. That can be there lose as long as you are strong in yourself. You still have your memories.

over a year ago

I expect to be out of many peoples age range

It's just another preference

I think we tend to impose how feel feel about ourselves and often assume that's why people won't meet us

"She won't meet me because syndrome..."

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

You're a silly old fart OP who feels sorry for himself and wants to find something to blame for his lack of success.

Age hasn't hampered me and I was your age when I joined this site.

Effort in, rewards out.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I've encountered guys who complain I don't meet men their age and say I'm missing out or being unfair and yet they won't even meet women their own age. That one makes me laugh.

over a year ago

"I've encountered guys who complain I don't meet men their age and say I'm missing out or being unfair and yet they won't even meet women their own age. That one makes me laugh. "

For just £5 a month you can have everything you sexually desire and even better... on your own terms

Did you not know that?

By *lipy123TV/TS
over a year ago

Birmingham

Back to the queastion.

Silly old fart. Its only you who put limits on yourself, You are as old as you feel in your head.

over a year ago

Your profile text would put me right off regardless of your age.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

I rejoined Fabs when I was 49 and I am now 52 I struggle to get meets by just messaging as I am not the most photogenic and I believe a lot of people don’t believe single guys that can’t accommodate no matter how genuine the reasons are.My way round it was too change my mindset I no longer think too much that I haven’t had a meet instead I attend socials , I go to a club and a spa.Yes it can be harder as you get older but by getting out and meeting people you have a better chance of breaking down any barriers than you would by sending messages and trying to take a good selfie picture for your profile.

over a year ago

I get moaned at because I have a very limited age range. Won’t go much younger and 50 is my limit as older. I know what I want and what I’m attracted to. It’s not ageism

By *ingle ex cuckMan
over a year ago

chester

I’m surprised this site doesn’t ban males over the age of 40 .

According to google fabswingers stats

79% of woman on fab use the age block

60% is at 50 years old

Whilst under 50 makes up most

Only 8% have no age block

There was one couple on here last year that were actually looking fo a guy over 50

But they have not logged in this year

And believe it or not there is swinging clubs now with not just a minimum age limit but also a maximum.

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"I’m surprised this site doesn’t ban males over the age of 40 .

60% is at 50 years old

There was one couple on here last year that were actually looking fo a guy over 50

And believe it or not there is swinging clubs now with not just a minimum age limit but also a maximum. "

Claptrap

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Not at all at 63 I've never had as much choice in my life! X

over a year ago

I'm genuinely interested in views by people both older and younger involved in the swinging scene.

Your profile text would put me right off regardless of your age. "

Same

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

"Younger men blame their age for their lack of meets. Older men blame their age for their lack of meets. It's almost as if it is only men precisely the age of 37 and 3 months that are considered acceptable. "

Darn it. Still got to wait then

By *entralscotscpl7Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

Met loads of mature guys.

Its all about attraction at the time.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Just lie about your age then. Problem solved

Until it’s done to you. "

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Your profile text would put me right off regardless of your age. "

He didn't ask for a critique of his profile.

By *y93Man
over a year ago

London

personally I have met many older guys out on club and socials, I actually thought they rather more successful on the scene in attracting fun people than many younger guys. Get yourself to clubs and socials and see.

over a year ago

Personally take fab with a pinch of salt.. get to the clubs meet people its the best way, and go regularly things will happen....

"You have to put somthing in, to get somthing out" LOL..

over a year ago

Would you want to shag somone old enough to be your mother or grandmother?

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

Preference isn’t ageism, surely?

over a year ago

It’s simply personal choice.

We are 61 and 58 and it’s not been a barrier albeit we’re a quirky couple.

We used to get approached by a lot of people in their 20’s. Flattering but not for us. I wouldn’t say it’s ageism though, we prefer more mature.

V

By *unmatt888Man
over a year ago

Duns

I best keep that month as free as possible then!

By *unmatt888Man
over a year ago

Duns

Would you want to shag somone old enough to be your mother or grandmother? "

Yes

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

"You're just a silly old fart "

I second that. X

over a year ago

ive got age filters on and still get messages out of age range

over a year ago

"ive got age filters on and still get messages out of age range "

You still will unless you go to message filters and click on “block anyone out of your age range”. They then won’t be able to message you x

over a year ago

Why middle aged guys 'go bi'.

The older you get there maybe less interest because of age. But there's always other factors in play (personality, looking for sexually/physically). I have age filters but don't block messaging by age because you never know. Do a search and tick the box for 'I'm the age they're looking for' - widen the search radius if need be.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"Just to say I'm sure I will get meets when the time is right.

You're not silly or old.

I'm not attracted to Tom Hardy who is in my Fab age range. Roger Taylor is about 20 years older than my Fab age range but I think he's hot as fuck! "

Is that Roger Taylor, Queen, or Roger Taylor of Duran Duran?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

On the basis that you're only as old as you feel, i should probably put my age up to 75...

over a year ago

I wouldn’t worry about it. MrsA got a message today on her singles profile referring to her as an ‘older woman’... she’s 35

Made me laugh haha

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

We don't want to play with people as young as our son, nor as old as our fathers/mothers. Hence our age range. We might tinkle round the edges, but we would decline people aged, say 20 as well as people aged, say 60.

over a year ago

It's not ageism, just a preference like everything else

over a year ago

It's a tough one even though we are in out fifties we still prefer younger guys now, have played with guys similar age to us and most seem to have problems either getting it up or keeping it up unless they pop the little blue pill,. Just seems a much better time with guys mid 30s to mid 40s hence now our preference

over a year ago

For the record Op , I was invited to a 70th birthday during the summer... I didn’t want to go because I felt that it would be a bunch of old people in walkers and talking about their medical alignments.....

Boy was I wrong , that was the most fun I had in a long time.... All the women looked great , everyone talked and didn’t look at their phones...

I believe if you contact people who you fit into their age range you will have much more success....

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

I’m a little long in the tooth, so to speak, had some tremendous fun on here and at clubs.

Think it’s a little to do with if ever silver lining has a cloud or not.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Of course, people have preferences and nobody should feel the need to apologise or even explain their preferences. Personally, I have never been "rejected" based on my age and I would not reject a fit and confident 65 year old for example.

For me the clue is more in a profile - if a profile sounds a bit negative, or is focused on one particular (perceived) shortfall... to me that would be the turn off.

Just like preferences are ok, we should post with confidence about who we are and what we are looking for. Just my view...

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

"I’m surprised this site doesn’t ban males over the age of 40 .

60% is at 50 years old

And believe it or not there is swinging clubs now with not just a minimum age limit but also a maximum. "

Why would they? We've met males over 40 here and we've also rejected loads of younger models.

over a year ago

However you say it or mean it, it seems an unavoidable ism.

But I think Cliff needs to stop singing.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

"

You're clearly a nice guy but your problem comes down to numbers. Females and couples here get bombarded with messages from all sorts of guys, most of whom aren't at all what they've asked for. We don't come here much now but even We can't reply to all of these so we wind up just ignoring those which don't match what we've asked for. It's nothing personal, just numbers and it works both ways.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/10/20 16:40:32]

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

"On the bright side op there are plenty of young women who only like older guys, I've seen women in their 20's who consider myself at 42 to be too young, so it's certainly not ageism it is merely personal preference and what so_eone is attracted to which cannot and should not be defined by anyone else but the individual. Focus on those who's preference you fit and fit yours, make every effort to strike up a winning conversation with them and don't get disheartened by the knock backs....new people join every day."

Excellent advice which far too many guys ignore and that's why they have a 99% failure rate.

By *lan157Man
over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"I was disappointed to see yesterday, that a single guy local to me, has dropped his age to 56 on his profile. I’m sure he is 61, and his age before wasn’t hurting him as he is a regular club visitor, and has many friends and verifications to show he does very well in the scene. Possibly with the clubs being closed, he is struggling using Fab to attract attention?"

If you want to know why don't you ask him?

over a year ago

I realise my age means im no longer in peoples searches or I'm older than those they seek .

I don't let it bother me for one second . I am co fident and happy in who i am

over a year ago

Confident even , just bally awful at typing

over a year ago

I look to see if am in people’s age range

Very rare that I am

So I just look and fab pics hoping for the best

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

[Removed by poster at 04/10/20 16:49:59]

By *ungscotsman26Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Whilst age is an issue it's also an issue for young guys. But there's still plenty within each age range I'd say.

I'd be looking at your profile and other reasons you may find it difficult. 3 pics, all dick pics, not particularly flattering. Also you cant host which you have a fair reason for but it still reduces your options.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"You have an age filter yourself, so are those over 65 past it? The same question could be asked by a 66 year old to yourself.

Many people have age filters that will rule you out, many have age filters that won’t rule you out, focus on the latter! "

This!

By *ingle ex cuckMan
over a year ago

chester

"On the bright side op there are plenty of young women who only like older guys, I've seen women in their 20's who consider myself at 42 to be too young, so it's certainly not ageism it is merely personal preference and what so_eone is attracted to which cannot and should not be defined by anyone else but the individual. Focus on those who's preference you fit and fit yours, make every effort to strike up a winning conversation with them and don't get disheartened by the knock backs....new people join every day.

Excellent advice which far too many guys ignore and that's why they have a 99% failure rate."

Well you are a very unique couple

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"

I'm in the 60s group now granny. Thankful to open my eyes and get to the loo under my own steam.

Prefer a cuppa Rosie Lee and a Blue Ribbon to a shag these days.

By *ary Mary not so hairyWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

Well there are a few fit older men but sadly the emphasis is on the few as most have let themselves go.

Post new Message to Thread