Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is it ok for a guy to cry

Jump to newest

By *ove2pleaseseuk OP   Man
over a year ago

Hastings

Some films do it to me.

The lady that lost her dog on here the other night done it.

But are you OK with a guy that CRY'S

& guys do you feal you have to hide it.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Of course it is

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I prefer emotionally intelligent men, there is no shame in crying

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/10/20 20:57:37]

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Absolutely.

Emotions are important.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

Nothing wrong with it bud

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I'm a complete blubber (and I'm not talking about my waist) have got a dose of the wet eye at a manner of things John Lewis Xmas ads, DIY SOS, Up and don't get me started on Toy Story 3

No shame in it whatsoever

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

Crying occasionally I'm sure is fine. Crying almost constantly, like I was a few months back, is probably a slightly less attractive trait

over a year ago

Yes.

Anyone who says no needs a clip around the ear.

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Nothing wrong with it at all.

Jo.Xx

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

of course it's OK!

over a year ago

I’ve always been comfortable with it. It is an essential way of clearing distress emotions. Sobbing is cathartic and I often leak from the eyes when I am so moved during films or tv programmes or while watching a particularly moving performance.

over a year ago

I've always tried to hide feelings and I don't cry at films or anything like that but problem with hiding feelings and emotions is that they build up and bite you in the arse and then end up like a blubbering idiot my ex used to say it takes a real man to show emotion and cry were all human after all

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"Yes.

Anyone who says no needs a clip around the ear.

"

I'll say anything to get a clip round the arse

But on a serious note it is definitely good for guys to be able to express their emotions the way they want to without crappy stereotyping

By *heslimoneMan
over a year ago

Deeside

Of course it's ok for a man to cry such as if he spills his pint and doesn't have money for another. Thankfully I'm an emotionless husk, also don't drink beer.

over a year ago

I love watching Supernatural and that is basically two massive hot blokes crying for 45 mins once a week

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Yes. It's a sign of strength for anyone to be able to show their emotion.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

As a bloke I will just say it's healthy to let emotion out, now if that is in private all well and good..

It's when men bottle it up or are 'strong and manly' that problems arise..

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I prefer emotionally intelligent men, there is no shame in crying "

Absolutely. Men can and should experience the same range of emotions as anyone else.

Here the patriarchy hurts men too, and it needs to stop.

Cry if you need to cry. It's a healthy release.

over a year ago

Why wouldn't it be, it shows their in touch with their emotions

By *rith47Man
over a year ago

Erith

Of course. We all have limits to what we can take. It's either cry or become ill.

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

Nothing wrong in it at all.

Some men tend to think that they have to always to show off a tough exterior but we all have our moments and only think of it as being a healthy way to let it out.

I cry over the stupidest things

over a year ago

Absolutely. Real men are not ashamed of crying

over a year ago

Boys don’t cry

The cure

By *uriouscouple83Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

Nothing wrong with men crying at all.

Mr is terrible when it comes to kids or animals. We avoid Call the midwife and DIY SOS, he had to deliver a dead calf back last year and wasn’t himself for days afterwards.

over a year ago

"Nothing wrong in it at all.

Some men tend to think that they have to always to show off a tough exterior but we all have our moments and only think of it as being a healthy way to let it out.

I cry over the stupidest things "

I once cried because Asda didn't have the Extra Special mushroom risotto I had been looking forward to all day. Granted it had been a long, hard day but I definitely raised some eyebrows in the chilled aisle

over a year ago

Much rather you cried / reached out for help than bottled it up and screwed up your life

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Absolutely

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

Anyone who thinks it's not ok for a guy or anyone else to cry needs their genitals burning with a red hot poker and lets see if its suddenly not OK for them to cry.

Crying releases tension, eases pain of all kinds and is generally good for the soul.

Cry me a damn river if it helps and I'll cry a river for you too.

over a year ago

It is but I personally can’t doesn’t make you weak

over a year ago

"Some films do it to me.

& guys do you feal you have to hide it....."

A guy that cries is an emotional being just like us women. I personally feel a lot of respect for men who are in touch with their emotions. It shows you have heart x respect

over a year ago

I once cried because Asda didn't have the Extra Special mushroom risotto I had been looking forward to all day. Granted it had been a long, hard day but I definitely raised some eyebrows in the chilled aisle "

Awww bless x

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

I cried at Big Bang Theory final table read clip on YouTube. As well as many many films

By *ocksareoffMan
over a year ago

Out n About

I used to hide it as "real men don't cry"

Pfffh utter tosh. I'm not ashamed to show my emotions any more. Weather it be animals, children, fact or fictional films I don't hold back

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Anyone who thinks it's not ok for a guy or anyone else to cry needs their genitals burning with a red hot poker and lets see if its suddenly not OK for them to cry.

Crying releases tension, eases pain of all kinds and is generally good for the soul.

Cry me a damn river if it helps and I'll cry a river for you too. "

Got your back, offering you a shoulder, feel what you need to

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

"Anyone who thinks it's not ok for a guy or anyone else to cry needs their genitals burning with a red hot poker and lets see if its suddenly not OK for them to cry.

Got your back, offering you a shoulder, feel what you need to"

Pain right now and was so bad i almost cried last night.....I just shook from head to toe instead

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Got your back, offering you a shoulder, feel what you need to

Pain right now and was so bad i almost cried last night.....I just shook from head to toe instead "

Hope you're feeling better. It's tough, and we all cope in our different ways. But better with a full range of emotions and in community x

over a year ago

It's very hard to cry when you have been emotionally scarred. It's not that a person doesn't want to cry....they just find extremely hard to physically show that type of emotion

over a year ago

Of course?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's very hard to cry when you have been emotionally scarred. It's not that a person doesn't want to cry....they just find extremely hard to physically show that type of emotion "

Big hugs. I hope you find healing

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

In all my years not once did I ever see my father cry, not even when my brother was killed or when his parents died.

Myself, I bottled up my emotions for many years, but in the last 4 years I must have cried over 1000 tears for various reasons, from losing a loved one, to something in a movie. I mean what kind of man cries watching 50 shades of grey?!?!... yep, I did!

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

I once cried because Asda didn't have the Extra Special mushroom risotto I had been looking forward to all day. Granted it had been a long, hard day but I definitely raised some eyebrows in the chilled aisle "

Awwww it must have been a tough long day.

I find that I feel a lot better when I have let it out.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

It is ok for anyone to cry but funnily enough i seldom do.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"In all my years not once did I ever see my father cry, not even when my brother was killed or when his parents died.

Myself, I bottled up my emotions for many years, but in the last 4 years I must have cried over 1000 tears for various reasons, from losing a loved one, to something in a movie. I mean what kind of man cries watching 50 shades of grey?!?!... yep, I did! "

My grandmother didn't live to see 60. She fell ill quite quickly, but her death was drawn out and hideously painful.

I still feel the pain radiating from my grandfather at her funeral. He wouldn't cry. After all of that. Because men didn't.

It is a massive injustice and I'm still angry for him that society did that to him.

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

"In all my years not once did I ever see my father cry, not even when my brother was killed or when his parents died.

Myself, I bottled up my emotions for many years, but in the last 4 years I must have cried over 1000 tears for various reasons, from losing a loved one, to something in a movie. I mean what kind of man cries watching 50 shades of grey?!?!... yep, I did!

My grandmother didn't live to see 60. She fell ill quite quickly, but her death was drawn out and hideously painful.

I still feel the pain radiating from my grandfather at her funeral. He wouldn't cry. After all of that. Because men didn't.

It is a massive injustice and I'm still angry for him that society did that to him."

For previous generations there was a stigma about men crying, not crying was a sign of strength even in the most heart breaking of circumstances. Fortunately today it is more acceptable for a man to show his emotions in front of others, hopefully for the next generation that stigma will disappear for good.

over a year ago

I’d say that the only thing that’s not okay is wanting to cry about anything and feeling that you can’t or that you’re somehow not allowed to.

If you want to cry then cry, nothing’s worse to me than holding it in, that solves nothing.

over a year ago

I once cried because Asda didn't have the Extra Special mushroom risotto I had been looking forward to all day. Granted it had been a long, hard day but I definitely raised some eyebrows in the chilled aisle

Awwww it must have been a tough long day.

I find that I feel a lot better when I have let it out.

"

Same, sometimes you just need a good cry to let go of built up emotions. The risotto thing was an example of not being able to deal with all the stress I had been through that day, ergo losing it over something so dumb. Crying is so therapeutic

over a year ago

Hastings

"I'm a complete blubber (and I'm not talking about my waist) have got a dose of the wet eye at a manner of things John Lewis Xmas ads, DIY SOS, Up and don't get me started on Toy Story 3

No shame in it whatsoever "

For got DIY SOS wow moving

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It is a massive injustice and I'm still angry for him that society did that to him.

For previous generations there was a stigma about men crying, not crying was a sign of strength even in the most heart breaking of circumstances. Fortunately today it is more acceptable for a man to show his emotions in front of others, hopefully for the next generation that stigma will disappear for good."

I know. I didn't understand at the time, I was pretty young. All I wanted to do was comfort him.

But it angers me that he had to go through that because of stupid bullshit he was taught about how to be a man.

He didn't have to be "a man" in front of me. He was in pain. For bloody obvious reasons.

We owe our men and boys so much better.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I have discovered a few wonderful things being on my own, for a few years now.

A nap listening to music in the early evening helps me get through Match of the Day later and not falling asleep (during Man Utd games ).

Pay a few extra quid for a decent red wine but not more than £20

But crying in private is a great way of dealing with pent up emotions. In a future relationship I’d still want to do it in private, for me it’s not something (sadly) I’d want to share, the napping and wine fine but the crying that’s for me alone.

(Yes Kids being hurt will always dampen my eyes)

By *oroRick1027Man
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

The repair shop brings a year to the eye every day

over a year ago

Hastings

over a year ago

Hastings

Myself, I bottled up my emotions for many years, but in the last 4 years I must have cried over 1000 tears for various reasons, from losing a loved one, to something in a movie. I mean what kind of man cries watching 50 shades of grey?!?!... yep, I did! "

Mate don't watch THE FAULT IN OUR STARS.......

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

Well I cry at DIY SOS and other sad things too.

I feel no shame in having empathy with others.

Mr M

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Well I cry at DIY SOS and other sad things too.

I feel no shame in having empathy with others.

Mr M"

over a year ago

Hastings

"I have discovered a few wonderful things being on my own, for a few years now.

A nap listening to music in the early evening helps me get through Match of the Day later and not falling asleep (during Man Utd games ).

Pay a few extra quid for a decent red wine but not more than £20

But crying in private is a great way of dealing with pent up emotions. In a future relationship I’d still want to do it in private, for me it’s not something (sadly) I’d want to share, the napping and wine fine but the crying that’s for me alone.

(Yes Kids being hurt will always dampen my eyes)"

're read from the top and I think it's Ok to let it out....

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Of course it is. We are all human no need for stiff upper lips OP

over a year ago

Hastings

"The repair shop brings a year to the eye every day"

But they are like DIY SOS sort of happy tier's

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

No matter how tough people think they are there is absolutely no shame for anyone to shed a tear it's human nature

over a year ago

Since I lost my son 3 months ago I've cried every day like a baby. I do it alone so nobody will see me. At work is best as I work nights alone on weekends.

I can only keep my mask on for so long...

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

For previous generations there was a stigma about men crying, not crying was a sign of strength even in the most heart breaking of circumstances. Fortunately today it is more acceptable for a man to show his emotions in front of others, hopefully for the next generation that stigma will disappear for good.

I know. I didn't understand at the time, I was pretty young. All I wanted to do was comfort him.

But it angers me that he had to go through that because of stupid bullshit he was taught about how to be a man.

He didn't have to be "a man" in front of me. He was in pain. For bloody obvious reasons.

We owe our men and boys so much better."

Maybe he cried when he was alone behind closed doors, maybe he wanted to be strong so he could support others who were grieving, but it is sad that he felt that he couldn't let others see him cry.

Yes, everybody should be able to show their emotions without the fear of being embarrassed or being judged.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"Since I lost my son 3 months ago I've cried every day like a baby. I do it alone so nobody will see me. At work is best as I work nights alone on weekends.

I can only keep my mask on for so long..."

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

I enjoy a good cry.

Very few things set me off though

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

Mate don't watch THE FAULT IN OUR STARS......."

Too late... seen it twice.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

it's normal human behaviour, it should be accepted

over a year ago

Nothing wrong with it at all proves you human

over a year ago

"Since I lost my son 3 months ago I've cried every day like a baby. I do it alone so nobody will see me. At work is best as I work nights alone on weekends.

My girl do not be afraid to cry when you feel like that trust me.

And I'm sorry for your loss mwah keep your head up and if you want to just have a lil chat u can always holla

"

over a year ago

I didn't realise people had to be ashamed of their emotion tbh.

over a year ago

Is this a thing?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

We owe our men and boys so much better.

Maybe he cried when he was alone behind closed doors, maybe he wanted to be strong so he could support others who were grieving, but it is sad that he felt that he couldn't let others see him cry.

Yes, everybody should be able to show their emotions without the fear of being embarrassed or being judged."

I don't and can't know, I was only a little girl. But it's stayed with me, you know? A need to do better for men and boys.

over a year ago

And I'm sorry for your loss mwah keep your head up and if you want to just have a lil chat u can always holla

"

Thats very kind of you but I'm a man

over a year ago

Hastings

Mate don't watch THE FAULT IN OUR STARS.......

Too late... seen it twice."

Have you read the book

I cried pool side on a holiday lol

over a year ago

Is it ok to cry and have beard too?

over a year ago

Hastings

Thats very kind of you but I'm a man "

You ate and as meany men have contrabuted hear as Wemen we are all hear for you....

By *rAitchMan
over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

Yes, it does me, too. And Car SOS.

over a year ago

Hastings

"Is it ok to cry and have beard too?"

I think so but might want to check for tissue paper if you have any

By *hisisntpofMan
over a year ago

bristol

If you kick him in the bollocks yes

By *weety321Woman
over a year ago

nottingham

Crying used to be frowned upon in the older generation and was a sign of being weak for a man. So glad that things have changed and men are able to show emotion and show they have a heart. Crying releases tension for me but I’m a sod for bottling things up then boom everything comes out all at once and it can be over the smallest thing

over a year ago

Thats very kind of you but I'm a man

You ate and as meany men have contrabuted hear as Wemen we are all hear for you...."

I'm confused lol I contributed as a man. Maybe you thought _rincess peaches heart that she added meant it was her posting

over a year ago

Lol I sent you by mistake lol

Thats very kind of you but I'm a man "

over a year ago

"

over a year ago

Yes. Thread closed.

By *eyboard123456Man
over a year ago

shirebrook

I cried the first time I met someone on here!

I think her photos was from back on the day of 1988 ??

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

It's very sexy when a man shows his emotional side, it shows strength

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's very sexy when a man shows his emotional side, it shows strength "

Heck yes xx

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Are guys not humans?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Some films do it to me.

I do cry occasionally, but I am bi so what do you expect?

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

I cry, I have no problem with it and if anyone else has a problem with it I'll make them cry.

over a year ago

Hastings

"Are guys not humans?"

Yes but I always throught I was on the soft side. But this thread it so enlightening. To meany I through it would be a strange thing to post but there is hope and love out there for all from all

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Are guys not humans?

Yes but I always throught I was on the soft side. But this thread it so enlightening. To meany I through it would be a strange thing to post but there is hope and love out there for all from all "

Crying is good I find it difficult to cry

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Are guys not humans?

Yes but I always throught I was on the soft side. But this thread it so enlightening. To meany I through it would be a strange thing to post but there is hope and love out there for all from all "

over a year ago

Hastings

"Are guys not humans?

Yes but I always throught I was on the soft side. But this thread it so enlightening. To meany I through it would be a strange thing to post but there is hope and love out there for all from all

Crying is good I find it difficult to cry "

I find it easy like meny now opening up

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Hi clem

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Are guys not humans?

Crying is good I find it difficult to cry

I find it easy like meny now opening up "

Xx

over a year ago

As the cure said boys don’t cry.....but of course we do we are all human..

over a year ago

Yes. Everyone has the right to express emotions.

By *ive Bar Beauty QueenWoman
over a year ago

Stoke

Only when he catches his frank or his beans in his zip never at other times.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

When they mend the teddies that always makes me well up, I'd quite like Will to 'comfort' me!!

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

Of course men can cry and if I'm there I will hug you whilst you cry.

I would rather men (and women) cry and let it out rather than bottle it all up

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

It is a massive injustice and I'm still angry for him that society did that to him."

Its not your grandfather you should be angry with. He can no more change his history and those indoctrinations that went with his generation than many others who lived similar lives with all their social and emotional constraints.

Who of us knows what others do in private they are unable to express in public, including crying at the losses in our lives. Be gentle with him, not angry, when tears are shed often the world does not see them. x

over a year ago

It probably depends on context tbh? You don't really want a tear in your eye trying to get past Customs do ya?

In all fairness though, my Nanny passed last July and there was nothing I could do but cry.

Crying is as natural an instinct as taking a pee. It's ourselves who have made something more out of it.

over a year ago

Of course

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Big boys do cry....

We are all human and the world is full of rivers of tears.

over a year ago

"Are guys not humans?"

Some

over a year ago

Think it's been said , but ofcourse it's ok for guys to cry - more than that, guys should be encouraged to express emotions. Read a study on mental health , and it's estimated that I only 5% of males that require some level of counciling actually seek help - so guys it's good to talk about stuff and cry if that's what you need

Peace

over a year ago

They re your tears...own them..let no one stop there flow if thats how one feels. Its natural to all so why should it be ok for some and not for others. Society could do with a major re think on many of its ideas....cry away fella..it shows your strength not your weakness.

over a year ago

Yes it is okay for men to cry.

I find it odd though. I don’t cry at many things in my real life (occasionally do if I am really stressed) but I can cry easily at any movie, song, book etc! Especially stories where someone has pushed through major struggle and it works out in the end.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 03/10/20 10:28:26]

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"They re your tears...own them..let no one stop there flow if thats how one feels. Its natural to all so why should it be ok for some and not for others. Society could do with a major re think on many of its ideas....cry away fella..it shows your strength not your weakness. "

There is profound strength in confronting your vulnerability.

over a year ago

Yes it's ok for men to cry. Personnally I rarely cry and have never cried over a song, film/TV show or book. The only times I've cried is when I've had a breakdown.

over a year ago

Nothing wrong with a guy crying. Lots of things get me going. Films that hit a nerve. Things my daughter says and does. Tears of pride and happiness not tears of sadness

over a year ago

"Nothing wrong with a guy crying. Lots of things get me going. Films that hit a nerve. Things my daughter says and does. Tears of pride and happiness not tears of sadness "

Love this.

over a year ago

I don't cry at films, books, songs. But it's not because I try to hide it, I've never felt shame in crying.

over a year ago

Hastings

"They re your tears...own them..let no one stop there flow if thats how one feels. Its natural to all so why should it be ok for some and not for others. Society could do with a major re think on many of its ideas....cry away fella..it shows your strength not your weakness. "

Looks like we all have the go-ahead to cry if we need to

Thanks for the feed back

over a year ago

I cried watching inside out the other day

(Mr bing bong fading away)

over a year ago

Dude if its something that you do naturally and without agenda or coercion then ofc it's fine. How could it not be? Emotions are there for a reason. They're clues as to what you need to be right with the world.

If you feel sad then you need a hug. Is that weird? Shouldn't be.

over a year ago

Here's to all the dudes who are just guys with emotions!

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Yes it is. Let it come out!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 03/10/20 14:33:47]

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Id be worried if a man didn’t cry, it’s a natural thing and is not a weakness, just a release of emotions

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

"Some films do it to me.

It's fine..

Probably not so fine at a swingers party where a lady won't play with your cock.

over a year ago

Hastings

"Some films do it to me.

& guys do you feal you have to hide it.....

It's fine..

Probably not so fine at a swingers party where a lady won't play with your cock. "

No then I hug and puff stamp my feet...

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I'm like Bernie Clifton's cat

over a year ago

"Yes. It's a sign of strength for anyone to be able to show their emotion."

Very well said. I do agree.

The old saying of "keep a stiff upper lip" and encouraging men to not show their emotions is very bad advice.

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Oh, yes, yes, of course it's ok

I actually think it can take a lot of courage for some men to show their emotions. So it's definitely a sign of strength, not weakness.

I'm sure plenty people have already said this but I couldn't be arsed reading the whole thread

Mrs TMN x

Post new Message to Thread