Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Message reply

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thoughts on What ladies/women like to read as a first message... best way to start a conversation see if interested??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

There is no magic catch all formula - what works for one person may not work for another - but you can't go far wrong with a polite and respectful message tailored to the recipient that tells them a little about you, why you are contacting them (including why you think you may be matched), makes mention of things on their profile, maybe leaves a couple of open questions and invites them to take a look at your profile and reply if they're interested in chatting further.

Ultimately if they reply then great, if not accept and move on

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A dick pic of course

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Say hello and use their names. Those things are so easy but hardly anybody does them.

Then, most importantly, have something to say. Saying "Hi" or "Wanna meet" does not constitute a conversation, and I think most people here at least want more than monosyllabic grunting from a potential meet.

When you know what you want to say, say (write) it. If you don't know what to say or you don't have anything to say, why do you want to write to them at all?

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

"FAF?" and a dick pic

over a year ago

"There is no magic catch all formula - what works for one person may not work for another - but you can't go far wrong with a polite and respectful message tailored to the recipient that tells them a little about you, why you are contacting them (including why you think you may be matched), makes mention of things on their profile, maybe leaves a couple of open questions and invites them to take a look at your profile and reply if they're interested in chatting further.

Ultimately if they reply then great, if not accept and move on"

Of course you can always take this tact. However I find women can’t help but reply to the old “fuck now?”

Or even better is the concise and full of mystery message “hey...”

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Hi op

Something that shows you have read my profile, with a little humour in. That works for me

over a year ago

A dick pic and asking if they're free immediately.

By *nglishRose123Woman
over a year ago

Swindon

This!

If I get a nice thoughtful message I will always do my best to respond because it shows the person has taken the time to compose it. A simple Hi or How are you? I don't generally reply to unless there is something outstanding in their profile

"There is no magic catch all formula - what works for one person may not work for another - but you can't go far wrong with a polite and respectful message tailored to the recipient that tells them a little about you, why you are contacting them (including why you think you may be matched), makes mention of things on their profile, maybe leaves a couple of open questions and invites them to take a look at your profile and reply if they're interested in chatting further.

By *ance1502Man
over a year ago

London

I don't think it matters. You can be kind, thoughtful and address everything in their long list of dislikes and reasons to block you and still not get a reply. Or at best you'll get a minimal reply like "sounds great" or "thanks"

over a year ago

Never read their profile, just wing it, best send out messages in bulk, cover all bases, women like to know that you’re an opportunist, complement them on their elbows, they love that. Good luck

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I don't actually know what makes me answer a message. Sometimes its something off the forums other times it's just an interesting messages. That isn't full of details of the 'amazing' sex I could have if I meet them. But I don't think there is any set thing that makes me answer.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Try to be unique if possible, just do something different.

A guy once insulted me in a jokey way, he got an answer but also as it was a joke, we ended up having a great conversation and is now a friend.

Would that work on every woman on here ? I doubt it, but some may see the cheekiness in it.

Either way it was a new and candid approach.

over a year ago

"Try to be unique if possible, just do something different.

A guy once insulted me in a jokey way, he got an answer but also as it was a joke, we ended up having a great conversation and is now a friend.

Would that work on every woman on here ? I doubt it, but some may see the cheekiness in it.

Either way it was a new and candid approach. "

This, women like somebody who might not be hiding who they are in some way. So if you're not absolutely layering on compliments it can work in your favour.

over a year ago

Hello...

Is it me your looking for? I can see it in your eyes.

Message gets deleted.

Dammit. No one appreciates a classic

over a year ago

This is spot on. I do exactly this with every message... just being polite and being myself

By *ance1502Man
over a year ago

London

"Never read their profile, just wing it, best send out messages in bulk, cover all bases, women like to know that you’re an opportunist, complement them on their elbows, they love that. Good luck "

That's great. I'm taking this approach from now on

Post new Message to Thread