Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *sexman1Man
over a year ago

north oxfordshire

Think Christmas will be a washout this year with all this going on

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wouldn't say it's going to be a wash out but unfortunately it will affect people's usual plans. It has mine this year, it's a bit sad but it is what is. I'll cope.

over a year ago

Think Christmas will this year be about reflection more than anything else due to the number lost to COVID. Feel sorry for the delivery drivers they will be burning through the miles making all the socially distanced deliveries for people who won’t be able to go to the shops or get to relatives who can’t get to meet up this year.

over a year ago

I personally think the majority of people will do what they want at xmas as regards to having people in their homes etc.

We don’t have children and don’t have a traditional xmas at all. We’ve spent everyone for the last 12 years abroad somewhere hot and don’t even do gifts, our gift to each other is a wonderful 4/6 week trip somewhere beautiful.

But i think to most people it’s a very special time for them and their families. I think with so much struggle & hardship this year people will be more determined than ever to have a great xmas. I think people will borrow as much as always to buy gifts and make a big thing of it

That’s my opinion anyway

By *icearmsMan
over a year ago

KIDLINGTON

I think we will be OK at Christmas.. my opinion is that we are being squeezed now in order to get the rate down for a 2 week window of festivities, and then followed by a very restricted january.

Its a risk, and is similar to what we've seen in summer. But a fair bit will depend on how cold the winter is..

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think peace and goodwill to mankind also extends to public health. We're all suffering, and we'll all suffer longer if we don't comply with the rules.

I'm not celebrating Christmas this year.

over a year ago

My family is my bubble so be no different to last year. Plus they won't have to go to her In Laws which my daughter is mega happy about.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Christmas will be what you make it. We're all having to adapt and adjust the way we do things. I bet there are some people who are secretly relieved they don't have to cook for 15 ungrateful people this year then stand in the kitchen washing up while they sit in the living room enjoying a drink.

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman
over a year ago

The place where fairies live

"Who like me thinks its going to be a wash out

Do you know there have banned Remembrance Day events

What do folk think they are going to do about christmas

Going to open this up this see what folk have to say

"

There is me and my two grown kids. Daughter lives with me and come hell or high water my son is Not sitting alone in his flat where he works alone...

By *idsAndyMan
over a year ago

Worcestershire

Christmas is shit anyway, I'll go for my usual run and then have a lazy day reading.

I can't believe anyone will respect the restrictions but I'll be alone by choice

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I know about remembrance as I would normally be parading, saves me being a drill mong for one year though I guess!

I think this Christmas I'll have treated myself to a PS5 so chances are I'll be a hermit on that anyway

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It’s not my fav time of year anyway so if it turns out to low key that suits me fine

over a year ago

I’ve got my turkey already for lockdown two

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

If the limit stays at 6 I will split the hosting sessions.

over a year ago

It’s simple really 2020 is cancelled. I really feel it for the people who really do celebrate these kinda things because they will feel it the most. For some Xmas will feel empty and lonely. I also feel sorry for the little kiddy’s not be able to do Halloween trick or treat because of this stupid covid.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

Our Christmas is usually 6 people anyway as we go to my brothers (best cook in the family!) And it's only 2 households but in all honesty I can't see people sticking to the guidelines

over a year ago

My usual Christmas period is visiting three separate family branches in three different countries, so it will be a quiet one for me - just me and the cats and maybe a bit of skiing. I'm looking forward to it

over a year ago

Might be nice to have a quiet Christmas with less travelling.

Going to make the most of it being different. But making sure to check in with friends, neighbors and family to make sure they're not feeling lonely.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

This will be my dad's last christmas. There are 9 of us with both my parents, my sisters and their families, my uncle and aunt make 11.

I've stuck to the rules for most things, and I've been careful as hell. I've also been on a damn ventilator because of this shit.

We will be careful, we will still be distant and we are very lucky that 11 of us will be able to roughly be in the same place while still distancing in our bubbles.

But we are not giving up my Dad's last Christmas with his daughters and grandsons and brother for any pandemic.

So shoot me.

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"

There are usually a dozen of us at nine on Christmas Day - I have a large family. It just won’t feel like Christmas without that!

over a year ago

I'm looking forward to Christmas this year! Myself, my wonderful and amazing boyfriend and a day spent in pyjamas, giving gifts and having a whole chilled day of fun and giggles. It's what it's been made this year, a time of relaxation and time spent with my loved one! My parents don't celebrate due to religion, so will be on face time with them and us, have a few smiles and watch rubbish on the tv! Can't wait to see his face as he opens his main present!!!! Eeeek, so excited!! X

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

Yes Christmas will be the first time this year where I,ve celebrated on my own have video link so will open presents that way with other family members It,ll feel surreal for sure.

over a year ago

"

If it's a wash out its because of rain-dear.

over a year ago

"This will be my dad's last christmas. There are 9 of us with both my parents, my sisters and their families, my uncle and aunt make 11.

I've stuck to the rules for most things, and I've been careful as hell. I've also been on a damn ventilator because of this shit.

We will be careful, we will still be distant and we are very lucky that 11 of us will be able to roughly be in the same place while still distancing in our bubbles.

But we are not giving up my Dad's last Christmas with his daughters and grandsons and brother for any pandemic.

So shoot me."

You're too pretty to shoot

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman
over a year ago

morecambe

"This will be my dad's last christmas. There are 9 of us with both my parents, my sisters and their families, my uncle and aunt make 11.

So shoot me."

You do right my dalring I lost my dad 17 years ago trust me if he been alive today and dieing i would do the same

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

It will be no different for us, we are a small family so its generally just us anyway

By *ountry Boy FreshMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

It no doubt will be a bar humbug Xmas though I am betting they allow small groups up to 10 to meet for the day.

over a year ago

"If the limit stays at 6 I will split the hosting sessions."

The numbers will depend on the area. Some places nobody is allowed in drone else's house.

There will be a lot of loneliness this year

over a year ago

morecambe

"If the limit stays at 6 I will split the hosting sessions.

The numbers will depend on the area. Some places nobody is allowed in drone else's house.

There will be a lot of loneliness this year "

Do you tjink at christmad that most folk will stick to the rules cant see it my self most folk will but family frist

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

So shoot me. You do right my dalring I lost my dad 17 years ago trust me if he been alive today and dieing i would do the same"

thank you

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

So shoot me."

Sorry to read this love and don't blame you, if my dad was still here I'd feel the same.

over a year ago

Tell the police your pet Turkey has died, and your having a cremation, the allowed upto 30 people ??

over a year ago

morecambe

So shoot me. You do right my dalring I lost my dad 17 years ago trust me if he been alive today and dieing i would do the same

thank you"

Treasure every day you have left with him give him what ever he wants to eat and drink listen to all his stories from the past let him lead with what ever he wants to talk about but most of tell him everything you wanted to say but never have till now, Here hoping he still with at xmas make sure he has a good day fuck what they say

over a year ago

So shoot me. You do right my dalring I lost my dad 17 years ago trust me if he been alive today and dieing i would do the same

thank youTreasure every day you have left with him give him what ever he wants to eat and drink listen to all his stories from the past let him lead with what ever he wants to talk about but most of tell him everything you wanted to say but never have till now, Here hoping he still with at xmas make sure he has a good day fuck what they say"

This! But you know my thoughts anyway lovely

over a year ago

morecambe

"Tell the police your pet Turkey has died, and your having a cremation, the allowed upto 30 people ??"
Yes so why 30 at a funeralbut you cant have folk around its awful

15 at a wedding what is the point of getting married?

By *od ThrusterMan
over a year ago

Newport Pagnell

Many businesses (yes, not all) close down for the week between Christmas and New Year. I personally think they'll announce a nationwide lockdown starting Christmas Eve until 2nd January not damaging the economy as much as doing it now.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

" having

15 at a wedding what is the point of getting married?"

Isn't commitment more important than a party ?

over a year ago

I shall be working 18hr shifts everyday including Christmas day all over the holiday period having a holly jolly Christmas alone

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Supermarkets don't think so, they've already got decorations out

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Many businesses (yes, not all) close down for the week between Christmas and New Year. I personally think they'll announce a nationwide lockdown starting Christmas Eve until 2nd January not damaging the economy as much as doing it now."

I think if they try to cancel Christmas for the economy they'll piss off an extraordinary number of people.

over a year ago

I dont think it will for the simple reason the economy wont cope, and this government wont want to be the one remembered for cancelling it.

Christmas is a hugely important time for the country and people, if there is a lockdown i genuinely think suicide rates will increase, people will break the lockdown to see family and friends.

However i do believe come January 2021 a spike will happen again and more restrictions will be in place.

over a year ago

"If the limit stays at 6 I will split the hosting sessions.

There will be a lot of loneliness this year Do you tjink at christmad that most folk will stick to the rules cant see it my self most folk will but family frist"

I think a lot will, yes.

Lots of people will do the right thing, because it's what we are being told to do, others because they will worry about exposing their elderly relatives to the virus.

Plus hopefully there will be fines for those that don't.

over a year ago

"

I've already told my kids that santa caught covid and died so there wont be Christmas this year until the elves find a replacement. Saving a fortune this year now!

over a year ago

I've already told my kids that santa caught covid and died so there wont be Christmas this year until the elves find a replacement. Saving a fortune this year now! "

There will be a fat guy needing a job by Christmas. He doesn't have a white beard but he does currently live in a white house and the future possible Mrs Claus is kinda hot

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've already told my kids that santa caught covid and died so there wont be Christmas this year until the elves find a replacement. Saving a fortune this year now!

There will be a fat guy needing a job by Christmas. He doesn't have a white beard but he does currently live in a white house and the future possible Mrs Claus is kinda hot "

By *ribsaMan
over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

I think most people well just say fuck it and do as they want in there own homes, well as far as family members coming over.

I think the mass majority of people are getting to the point of let's just get on with life covid is here to stay no matter what we or government do.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

So shoot me."

I totally agree with you, enjoy

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I don't like Christmas anyway, so it won't be any different for me, save for not having to endure the office Christmas party

By *heslimoneMan
over a year ago

Deeside

Thank fuck another quiet one

over a year ago

"Christmas will be what you make it. We're all having to adapt and adjust the way we do things. I bet there are some people who are secretly relieved they don't have to cook for 15 ungrateful people this year then stand in the kitchen washing up while they sit in the living room enjoying a drink. "

over a year ago

People have 3 months to plan their smaller Christmas. Eid was canned 3 hours before.

over a year ago

Im hosting, have all my family round

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Christmas was a religious celebration which has now been overtaken by commercial greed.

So excuse me for being Bah Humbug about the whole circus.

over a year ago

"Christmas was a religious celebration which has now been overtaken by commercial greed.

So excuse me for being Bah Humbug about the whole circus."

please santa bring this guy a bucket of fun

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"People have 3 months to plan their smaller Christmas. Eid was canned 3 hours before. "

Absofuckinglutely. And people complained that they didn't think the Muslims would listen

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

I love Christmas and will have the same Christmas that we do every year with 1 or 2 little adjustments nothing major ..Going to make it extra special as we’ve all had a rubbish year ..

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

[Removed by poster at 02/10/20 16:00:17]

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

I normally have a little birthday thing at Chameleons just before Christmas (Mr). Looks like my birthdays not going to be the same this year

over a year ago

We usually have a family Christmas get together in Late November/early December and we’ve cancelled that all cousins close and distant relatives Shane because these days we only do it once a year with everyone working and different parts of the country

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

We'll have to see our 8 grandchildren in relays! It's also my birthday through the Christmas period. I'm sure we'll manage

over a year ago

"I love Christmas and will have the same Christmas that we do every year with 1 or 2 little adjustments nothing major ..Going to make it extra special as we’ve all had a rubbish year .."

This,we will still make it special ,Covid isntgoing to ruin Christmas that's for sure

over a year ago

It won't be the same as the things I love like going to panto and the Christmas markets aren't happening and I'm not holding out hope that the Carol services will be able to happen.

So its going to very different.

over a year ago

There is me and my two grown kids. Daughter lives with me and come hell or high water my son is Not sitting alone in his flat where he works alone... "

He won’t have to because he lives alone you can be his support bubble so will count as one household. X

By *nSeeNMan
over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

"Christmas was a religious celebration which has now been overtaken by commercial greed.

So excuse me for being Bah Humbug about the whole circus."

This year might be a bit more special with a little less comersialisim.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

For us it won't be much different but I feel for people who don't be able to get together with their families.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

My family is only 5 people between two households so I think (fingers crossed) we should be ok.

We don't tend to do a huge amount anyway, just a quiet family day with too much food is our usual

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"For us it won't be much different but I feel for people who don't be able to get together with their families. "

It's something I came to terms with months ago. It is tough, but it's life.

By *sinbathwilt1Couple
over a year ago

Bath

[Removed by poster at 02/10/20 17:40:37]

By *sinbathwilt1Couple
over a year ago

Bath

"Christmas will be what you make it. We're all having to adapt and adjust the way we do things. I bet there are some people who are secretly relieved they don't have to cook for 15 ungrateful people this year then stand in the kitchen washing up while they sit in the living room enjoying a drink. "

This

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

It will have no effect on my family's Christmas, I don't follow any of this covid stuff, I have carried on like normal the entire time.

over a year ago

"

Think it'll be Bah Humbug .. Everything will be online purchases... Christmas just won't be the same BUT ...it'll also be an individual experience...make the most of things as best ya can ..

over a year ago

Agreed Christmas (and anything else) is what you make it. Halloween will be an outdoor candlelit pumpkin walk with the kids and then hot dogs and “treats” at home.

Christmas will be separated into a couple of celebrations with 6 or less spread over more days. Any child free time might be day/early evening drinking instead of later. There’ll still be presents, good food and booze, time spent well the family and friends and pj days because we have time off work and school. Bring it on!

over a year ago

i dunno.

was in the local shop today and they already have kitkat santas for sale.

only october ffs

over a year ago

"It will have no effect on my family's Christmas, I don't follow any of this covid stuff, I have carried on like normal the entire time."

And this right here is why some of us wont be able to see our family without breaking the law.

over a year ago

Makes no odds to me, dont do Christmas, hate it

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It will have no effect on my family's Christmas, I don't follow any of this covid stuff, I have carried on like normal the entire time.

And this right here is why some of us wont be able to see our family without breaking the law. "

Agreed.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I’m on my own anyway so it won’t make much difference to me, as long as I have some brie and a bottle of Baileys I will be ok

over a year ago

"I’m on my own anyway so it won’t make much difference to me, as long as I have some brie and a bottle of Baileys I will be ok "

ive seen you drink baileys and its no wonder.

cost me a fortune in fillups.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"I’m on my own anyway so it won’t make much difference to me, as long as I have some brie and a bottle of Baileys I will be ok

ive seen you drink baileys and its no wonder.

cost me a fortune in fillups. "

It’s going to be a 3 bottle Christmas this year

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Said on the radio this week the government are thinking of ways to get students home for Xmas with lockdowns in place. Tells me lockdowns are staying on atleast till after xmas

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I have worked over the festive season for the passed 4 years. This year i am getting it off and was so excited but now looks as though it will be pretty lonely for me.

over a year ago

"Said on the radio this week the government are thinking of ways to get students home for Xmas with lockdowns in place. Tells me lockdowns are staying on atleast till after xmas"

I said this on another thread.....but I think it's disastrous to allow them home.

My daughter's uni is rife with CV, they are confined to their rooms for the most part of every day.

I've seen on the news that other unis are the same.

Let them home and they will be bringing it home to vunrable family members.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

We will do what we do normally work and provide a service to people that need it...

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Said on the radio this week the government are thinking of ways to get students home for Xmas with lockdowns in place. Tells me lockdowns are staying on atleast till after xmas

I said this on another thread.....but I think it's disastrous to allow them home.

My daughter's uni is rife with CV, they are confined to their rooms for the most part of every day.

I've seen on the news that other unis are the same.

Let them home and they will be bringing it home to vunrable family members. "

Will Christmas be a 4 or 6 week lock down more to the point

Children are of school any way and most off work

By *istalloverCouple
over a year ago

Pays de la Loire -Normandie -Brittany borderFrance

We have ferry tickets to visit our relatives and friends in the Uk .and a special sexy night each way too .

Not lòoking like its going to happen

return ferry cancelled and ammended

brexit aftet 1st jan f's up our meat shopping (6 months supply )and scared of passing virus to others if we were to catch it.

Think we will stay in France and use the phone morethis year ??

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman
over a year ago

The place where fairies live

There is me and my two grown kids. Daughter lives with me and come hell or high water my son is Not sitting alone in his flat where he works alone...

He won’t have to because he lives alone you can be his support bubble so will count as one household. X"

thank you x

By *ingmaster1Man
over a year ago

coulsdon

i will be alone at christmas my choice has been the the last few years its for the kids. hope they all have a great day

By *ingmaster1Man
over a year ago

coulsdon

[Removed by poster at 03/10/20 08:10:02]

By *ouis CyphreMan
over a year ago

The Midlands

No matter what. I going to enjoy Christmas. Help and see those I can and just enjoy myself.

Post new Message to Thread