Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tv license

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm find I don't actually watch any live TV, YouTube and netflix have ended that. None of my tv's are connected to an ariel..

How many of you still watch live TV?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

I only watch normal television including Freeview. I tape most stuff because of shift work.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nothing live.

i watch maybe a hour a day of tv if that. Ive not payed a tv licence in 12 year.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I stopped watching tv at home years ago, haven’t had one for at least 10 years.

By *r Rubba LoverMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Don't own a TV.

Just a projector for the xbox. Netflix only really.

No licence required!

By *atBottomGirlsWoman
over a year ago

St Austell-ish

I haven;t owned a TV in years, and still get threatened that someone will come visit to make sure. Go on. No license needed here.

over a year ago

I don’t watch live tv but still watch bbc occasionally so pay for a licence

over a year ago

Watch all over streaming but still watch BBC stuff on iPlayer more than anything else.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Yes. I find the license concept infinitely better than the USA style of system.

over a year ago

"Yes. I find the license concept infinitely better than the USA style of system. "
If you don't watch live tv , you don't have to have a tv license and you can write to them and tell them to not bother you again

over a year ago

Most people in the UK still watch live TV.

Fact.

The official body funded by the BBC and commercial broadcasters, advertisers etc. have data to prove this. This system of electronically measuring is respected and copied around the world.

Yes more people are watching via streaming than before. Samsung have said recently that they have this data people provide when people connected their TV to the web. The can’t measure what it is, if its linear broadcast on at the same but it’s still live TV.

The panel that measure viewing is representative of the individual uk regions but will miss viewing by design of any system. Sky are able to measure in greater clarity which household is watching what.

And surprise it’s more live tv than people claim.

Young people watch less live tv through the traditional tv. But watching via your phone is still live TV.

Last point. The majority of ground breaking tv and of populist tv was developed by the BBC. But also programs tv that were made for reasons to expose corruption etc. Ratings winners driven by commercial broadcasters are to get money.

A lot of the innovations would not have happened if you hadn’t paid the licence fee.

Don’t pay it.

But don’t moan if you don’t get any programs that are not like love island.

By *r Rubba LoverMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Eventually they will change the licence to a 'media' licence meaning that any media you consume, be it broadcast, radio or streaming, you will pay a tax.

Post new Message to Thread