Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Changes?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So have you readsessed life since the start of all this and made some changes, adapted. Up until March I was a dancer at a reasonably high level but that world is gone now for some time to come. So rather than let it drag my ass down the way it was I ve changed and binned that life. Im back to exploration the way I used to be. Camera in hand I now walk, kayak and avseil stretches of rivers normally not accessable, especially when in full flood. I take pics and film and now share them on fb for people to see...bavk to history, geography, adrenalin and solitary. How have you changed?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've become a miserable, anxiety ridden, anti social cow bag, does that count?

Seriously though Mr, I hope you get to start dancing again soon xx

over a year ago

"I've become a miserable, anxiety ridden, anti social cow bag, does that count?

Seriously though Mr, I hope you get to start dancing again soon xx"

Never..not youhoooo....dont believe it...Miss Happy bouncy xx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's difficult. But it's made me more sure of myself and my values.

I'm also a masochist because I've decided to try to tackle some of the unresolved shit taking space in the proverbial loft in my brain. Christ.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I've had to make the switch to working from home full time so it's made me more appreciative of simple things - calls and messages from friends and partners that help break up the day. I'm far more appreciative of our garden as well - pre-lockdown I didn't quite know what to do with it, it looked nice enough but wasn't high on my list of priorities. Now I'm really glad to have the chance to sit outside with a cup of tea and just be. I think I'm a lot more thankful for people, for my circumstances than I was before and I try and pay it forward/show gratitude where and when I can. I also think I'm a fuck ton more mellow but that might be the calming influence of a partner as well as my general zen self (slight tongue in cheek there).

over a year ago

"I've had to make the switch to working from home full time so it's made me more appreciative of simple things - calls and messages from friends and partners that help break up the day. I'm far more appreciative of our garden as well - pre-lockdown I didn't quite know what to do with it, it looked nice enough but wasn't high on my list of priorities. Now I'm really glad to have the chance to sit outside with a cup of tea and just be. I think I'm a lot more thankful for people, for my circumstances than I was before and I try and pay it forward/show gratitude where and when I can. I also think I'm a fuck ton more mellow but that might be the calming influence of a partner as well as my general zen self (slight tongue in cheek there)."

Well I think all the things you have said are true of you as I love your threads and posts...a lot of people have turned to nature whether garden flowers or the wilderness..its proven scientifically that plants and trees do enhance our lives and our feelings..I should know..I spend my whole life around them. You stay you as I know you on here...you are one of fabs pleasures as Im sure many will agree x

over a year ago

"It's difficult. But it's made me more sure of myself and my values.

I'm also a masochist because I've decided to try to tackle some of the unresolved shit taking space in the proverbial loft in my brain. Christ."

Oooh dear them loft spaces can be tricky buggers..one piece at a time eh and dont be too hard on oneself eh...not sure christ will be much help though tbh I had to deal with mine in bulk but it was worth the harshness of it all. Now Im not so much dealing with a raging river, more a sedate flow with the odd manic cascade...dont let them build up, deal with them on a daily basis...ooops sorry, I think you knowall too well the best ways from your posts I ve read..please excuse. Hope you get things settled. You seem a good sort as I ve passed through the forum. Best wishes.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm also a masochist because I've decided to try to tackle some of the unresolved shit taking space in the proverbial loft in my brain. Christ.

Oooh dear them loft spaces can be tricky buggers..one piece at a time eh and dont be too hard on oneself eh...not sure christ will be much help though tbh I had to deal with mine in bulk but it was worth the harshness of it all. Now Im not so much dealing with a raging river, more a sedate flow with the odd manic cascade...dont let them build up, deal with them on a daily basis...ooops sorry, I think you knowall too well the best ways from your posts I ve read..please excuse. Hope you get things settled. You seem a good sort as I ve passed through the forum. Best wishes. "

Oh I do know Thank you.

Been working on the big essential stuff and hoping the background stuff will come.

Now it's time.

over a year ago

Oooh dear them loft spaces can be tricky buggers..one piece at a time eh and dont be too hard on oneself eh...not sure christ will be much help though tbh I had to deal with mine in bulk but it was worth the harshness of it all. Now Im not so much dealing with a raging river, more a sedate flow with the odd manic cascade...dont let them build up, deal with them on a daily basis...ooops sorry, I think you knowall too well the best ways from your posts I ve read..please excuse. Hope you get things settled. You seem a good sort as I ve passed through the forum. Best wishes.

Oh I do know Thank you.

Been working on the big essential stuff and hoping the background stuff will come.

Now it's time."

Should I play out a drum roll or two lol....well I sincerely hope its not too painful

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Oh I do know Thank you.

Now it's time.

Should I play out a drum roll or two lol....well I sincerely hope its not too painful "

I'll get there

Post new Message to Thread