Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Time to STOP!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have come to the conclusion that I do put too many forum posts out sometimes about mental health awareness and sometimes about some random stuff which I don't need to do. So for one whole month I will stop all of this just remember to stay happy and I'll see you around

SJ!

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *ocksareoffMan
over a year ago

Out n About

Take care chap n see you on the other side

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well don't I feel like a cunt

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't stop doing it to please other people. If it makes you feel better, then others who have similar issues shouldn't be discouraging you

Reply privately

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

No, I think the consensus is that you don't necessarily need to stop altogether, but only post when there aren't any other similar threads already live

Like everything on here, it's about finding the right balance

And thank you for caring enough to post on the first place

Reply privately

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

If everyone stopped making threads there wouldn’t be a forum, I like your threads, you should do what’s comfortable for you, keep going op if you want to

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don't stop doing it to please other people. If it makes you feel better, then others who have similar issues shouldn't be discouraging you"

Maybe one day I will trust my instinct to keep my opinion to myself eh?

I wasn't trying to discourage anyone from posting!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No, I think the consensus is that you don't necessarily need to stop altogether, but only post when there aren't any other similar threads already live

Like everything on here, it's about finding the right balance

And thank you for caring enough to post on the first place "

There are loads of threads that are similar to each other in the lounge

Reply privately

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"Well don't I feel like a cunt "

Don't. I thought what you said elsewhere was perfectly valid.

Too much of a good thing and all that...

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Snog.

Reply privately

By *oxyvixen99Woman
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Post what you feel you need to, people can skip over it or comment.

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Don't stop posting. Unless you want to. But maybe take on board the comments that people have made if you feel like you need to change something.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do what you want, SJ.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't stop posting. If there is already a Mental Health awareness type post then maybe add to that so it gets bumped or bump one you had already started from the day before.

If it helps you to post them then keep doing it. This is an open forum and there is a place for everyone who wants to post. But people should also be able to post observations and thoughts on what is posted (within forum rules).

Having a good mix of people and threads is what makes the Lounge interesting. No one has actually said they want to see you stop posting.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Don’t stop never give up.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well don't I feel like a cunt

Don't. I thought what you said elsewhere was perfectly valid.

Too much of a good thing and all that... "

I agree don't. You were making an observation and voicing an opinion all of which adds to the forum. I found what you said interesting and valid. You weren't discouraging so you shouldn't feel bad.

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"Well don't I feel like a cunt "

You shouldn't. You didn't say anything wrong. As evidenced by the people who agreed.

You made valid points and in the past people have said similar things in far meaner ways.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don't stop doing it to please other people. If it makes you feel better, then others who have similar issues shouldn't be discouraging you

Maybe one day I will trust my instinct to keep my opinion to myself eh?

I wasn't trying to discourage anyone from posting! "

No you should voice your opinion. And what you said was in no way discouraging. It's a good mix of people in the Lounge and no one should feel they can't or shouldn't post or moderate themselves. As long as it's within forum rules then all posts add something to the forum.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Simon

This is a open public forum and anyone can post anything they want to within the rules so why stop posting you machine gun threads if you enjoy doing so.

No one is Forced to read your threads or indeed post on your threads and those that read or post on your threads do so because they want to and not because they have to.

If one of your many threads has no legs then it will just drop off the page and go to the happy place where threads go to die.

Sometimes people can get way too wrapped up in fab and forget that real life isn’t fab so if you fancy a break then take one and come back all threads firing!!!!!

Best of luck.

T

Reply privately

By *esparate danMan
over a year ago

glasgow

Just think of it as the difference between being sincere and seeking attention

Reply privately

over a year ago

How do we get a mental health forum set up.

Reply privately

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"I have come to the conclusion that I do put too many forum posts out sometimes about mental health awareness and sometimes about some random stuff which I don't need to do. So for one whole month I will stop all of this just remember to stay happy and I'll see you around

SJ!"

Enjoy your time off, see you in a month's time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How do we get a mental health forum set up."

I’ve asked for a health forum twice but thus far with no luck.

I guess if enough people request one it may happen.

T

Reply privately

over a year ago

You do you.

If the majority of people aren't interested it will just sink into the bowels of the forum anyway.

Reply privately

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

Simon, promoting Mental Health Awareness is never a bad thing, It's good to know that people like you feel so passionate about it! Keep at it fella

Reply privately

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

There are countless of threads posted on a daily basis ,all of a similar nature that make me roll my eyes but as there of no interest to me I just scroll past .It really isn’t that hard.

As long as it’s within forum rules people should be able to post what they want when they want .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There are countless of threads posted on a daily basis ,all of a similar nature that make me roll my eyes but as there of no interest to me I just scroll past .It really isn’t that hard.

As long as it’s within forum rules people should be able to post what they want when they want ."

It is quite hard for me. As a highly emotional person I often feel I should read these threads to see if I could help anyone.

I stand by what I said.

Reply privately

By *heslimoneMan
over a year ago

Deeside

"I have come to the conclusion that I do put too many forum posts out sometimes about mental health awareness and sometimes about some random stuff which I don't need to do. So for one whole month I will stop all of this just remember to stay happy and I'll see you around

SJ!"

This is part of becoming stronger and overcoming the mental barriers we have, don't let others views sway or knock you back from what is right for you, keep moving forward. Everyone is entitled to a viewpoint, to express it and also capable of not getting involved, respect that some may not want more of the same but respect your own right to keep talking as much as they don't have to listen. It's a big pond and there is room for all of us.

Reply privately

By *G999Man
over a year ago

Everywhere & Nowhere

SJ!"

You do you buddy, don't worry what anyone else says. It's all good stuff.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

If you don't want to post, don't, there is no need to announce it

To the point of multiple threads about the same thing, people are right, it isn't allowed, so it is best to just bump up a thread that was started the day before or join in on another persons thread with the same subject

If people report any multiple threads that mods miss that would be great thanks

Reply privately