Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What's a moderate

Jump to newest

By *oe_Steve_NWest OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bolton

oven temperature? Doing a bit of baking and recipe says bake in a moderate oven for an hour! It's parkin - any advice?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

no idea, I would stick it the middle and hope

over a year ago

"oven temperature? Doing a bit of baking and recipe says bake in a moderate oven for an hour! It's parkin - any advice?"

Moderate is between 325f/350f (160/180c) or gas mark 3to4 Hope this helps

over a year ago

Bolton

Thanks - will do!

over a year ago

Bolton

"oven temperature? Doing a bit of baking and recipe says bake in a moderate oven for an hour! It's parkin - any advice?

Moderate is between 325f/350f (160/180c) or gas mark 3to4 Hope this helps "

Thanks - will get cracking now!

By *im53Man
over a year ago

Boldon

"oven temperature? Doing a bit of baking and recipe says bake in a moderate oven for an hour! It's parkin - any advice?

Moderate is between 325f/350f (160/180c) or gas mark 3to4 Hope this helps

Thanks - will get cracking now!"

need it much higher for good crackling lol

over a year ago

wish i seen this last night, was making banana loaf for brownie badge, ok was daughter cheating making me help but recipe book was my grannys so said stuff like moderate oven, i put it as 150 turned out ok but also half cup of sugar! eh brown, castor or what? melt 2 spoons of butter! tea or table ? i think we are spoiled by todays cookbooks

over a year ago

Bolton

Thanks for your help - made 2 different recipes so will decide which is the best and make more of that one!

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"oven temperature? Doing a bit of baking and recipe says bake in a moderate oven for an hour! It's parkin - any advice?"

"It's parkin" eh? The oven?

Jeez... imagine doing a thrre-point-turn in a range oven, they aint got the best turning circle!!!

Get a microwave..... yes.... I know, the oven's equivilant of the moped, but trust me we all have had a go.

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

"wish i seen this last night, was making banana loaf for brownie badge, ok was daughter cheating making me help but recipe book was my grannys so said stuff like moderate oven, i put it as 150 turned out ok but also half cup of sugar! eh brown, castor or what? melt 2 spoons of butter! tea or table ? i think we are spoiled by todays cookbooks "

Ooohhhh Banana Loaf sounds yummy

over a year ago

I love carrot cake

over a year ago

Bolton

"It's parkin" eh? The oven?

Jeez... imagine doing a thrre-point-turn in a range oven, they aint got the best turning circle!!!

Get a microwave..... yes.... I know, the oven's equivilant of the moped, but trust me we all have had a go."

lol - made 3 in the end - they're lovely!

Post new Message to Thread