Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Life

Jump to newest

By *ightmyfire OP   Man
over a year ago

beccles

It gets you down sometimes and you have no idea how to get up. Or are too scared too

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Unfortunately life is never easy OP and we as men are sometimes worse off because we keep it all inside.

Sometimes OP is best to face it and get over and done with and it will get easier in the long run whatever it maybe

By *ightmyfire OP   Man
over a year ago

beccles

I believe that is true it's just being brave enough to change things

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Or not only does it knock you down, it keeps you pinned under that rock.

It will get better, I wish I could give you more wisdom right now OP but I have none to give. I hope you find a way to get back up

By *ightmyfire OP   Man
over a year ago

beccles

I've been down for so long but have been very very hidden

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

If there is one person you trust and feel like you would be able to help them with something if they came to you with a similar issue/issues i find that they are sometimes the best to help I hope youbfind someone that you can talk to, people are often difficult at times to talk to I know, if you have a pet even telling them everything can sometimes even help!

By *ightmyfire OP   Man
over a year ago

beccles

I have absolutely no one I can talk to at all..

over a year ago

Life's a bitch. At times. If you feel able you could write a forum thread about what about life is specifically getting you down.

Everyone goes through low moments and moments of doubt. And you will not be alone on the forums feeling like that.

Sometimes sharing - even to a bunch of people on the internet - can help as others may chip in with problems they are having and you will see you are not the only one. And some will come with advice.

You are not alone in how you are feeling.

If you feel very low and can't see a way out then it may be time to contact your GP and seek some help that way. You can always go through the symptom checker on 111.nhs.uk or phone 111 to get some advice.

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"I have absolutely no one I can talk to at all.."

There is always the Samaritans as well, trust me mate I know how you feel when you say there is nobody you can talk to but you will find that person I promise.

By *ightmyfire OP   Man
over a year ago

beccles

I phoned samaritans several months ago but I'm not suicidal so they didnt seem interested

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I've been down for so long but have been very very hidden"

Sometimes you have to rely on your inner strength to change your life around. Plan small changes and follow them through.

over a year ago

You have the strength OP, it’s in you. I’ve been down in that hole too, and I know that no matter how many people tell you they’ve been there and they’ve felt that way, at this moment in time it feels like you are the only one down there. You will get out of that hole my brother, take it one day at a time. Or even one hour at a time, or even one minute. You’ll get there.

By *ightmyfire OP   Man
over a year ago

beccles

Its really difficult when you dont know the right answers until after you make the changes

over a year ago

I have been at rock bottom a few years ago, you just have to focus on happy memories, and the times you have been down and it has gotten better, and remind yourself there will be more happy memories to make if you keep pushing through.

Unless suffering with a mental health disorder, sadness is just another emotion and it shall too pass, we cant be happy constantly because life just does not work that way.

Keep focusing on the future and what you want from it and push through x

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I have absolutely no one I can talk to at all.."

If you need a friend I'm here x

over a year ago

"I have absolutely no one I can talk to at all..

If you need a friend I'm here x"

See? I told you youre lovely xx

over a year ago

Go have a look about the Laws of attraction pal ... positive vibes and all that .. that’s how I find mine ..

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

See? I told you youre lovely xx"

Thankyou xxx

over a year ago

Thankyou xxx"

Your always very kind

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

OP, you've posted a lot on the forums about lack of interaction on fab and how it gets you down. If you're expecting it to provide a route of resolution and happiness for you, you'll continue with disappointment.

Unless you make changes in personal life or seek formal support, you'll continue in this rabbit hole.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Thankyou xxx

Your always very kind "

X

over a year ago

Thankyou xxx

Your always very kind

X"

By *ightmyfire OP   Man
over a year ago

beccles

I cant see a way thought right now

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I cant see a way thought right now"

If you'd have asked me a few weeks ago what my future looked like I'd have told you... shit, loveless, lifeless.

That's changed now. Sometimes time is what's needed. However not knowing what it is you'd like to change, we can't offer ideas.

If this mood has been ongoing for some time it may be worth going to your GP

By *ilo86Man
over a year ago

north devon

"I cant see a way thought right now

If you'd have asked me a few weeks ago what my future looked like I'd have told you... shit, loveless, lifeless.

That's changed now. Sometimes time is what's needed. However not knowing what it is you'd like to change, we can't offer ideas.

If this mood has been ongoing for some time it may be worth going to your GP

"

What she said

By *andkCouple
over a year ago

Wisbech

I've had many lows in life. I always just say to myself whatever I'm feeling today or what's happening in NY life today, this time next week/ next month/next year, today is a memory, I got through it

By *ightmyfire OP   Man
over a year ago

beccles

I'm not used to people being nice to me.. I find it really hard to take compliments

over a year ago

I’ve had a really shit couple of years including cancer, major operations and subsequent treatment with issues and now redundancy.

What I’ve learned is that when I go to hospital I look and feel relatively healthy when others are much worse, while I have a few pounds in my wallet others are sleeping g on the street. No matter how bad things are someone is worse off and still getting in with life.

Head up it will get better, just takes time

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"I'm not used to people being nice to me.. I find it really hard to take compliments"

You and me both, sir. In fact, I had one in a PM a few weeks back and it made me cry

Sounds like depression to me. There's no miracle cure, unfortunately, but I have just done a 5 day challenge online, run by The Man Coach through the book of faces and it has given me a new perspective. Still going to be a long road, though. But might be worth checking it out for yourself?

By *ightmyfire OP   Man
over a year ago

beccles

Might be an idea..do you have a link?

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"Might be an idea..do you have a link?"

Not at the moment, but I can find it tonight when I get home again

over a year ago

"I'm not used to people being nice to me.. I find it really hard to take compliments"

Keep posting on the forums and joining in with some of the more lighthearted/games threads. I've found I enjoy doing the photo challenges - which is something new to me and gets my mind thinking.

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

[Removed by poster at 05/10/20 20:30:06]

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

Here you go, fella

Not sure if this will let me post links to other sites, but I'll try

https://www.fac.ebook.com/thema.ncoachJB

Here's his personal site:

https://thema.ncoach.boardm.anjames.com/about-me

Take out the spurious full stops, obviously

Failing that just Google James Boardman and it should come up easily enough

And go for it! Being an ex-marine he's very much of the mindset that mental health improves as physical health does, and within that I've been out on my bike for an hour tonight....

By *ightmyfire OP   Man
over a year ago

beccles

Thankyou will have a look

over a year ago

Well I learned to live with the loss of 2 very important guys in my life ,my Dad then my partner 6 months later

I survived that,so life can do it's worst,because I'm stronger then I ever gave myself credit For

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"Thankyou will have a look"

Good man!

I've just done his free 5-day challenge last week, and it's given me a new perspective on a few things and is worth it. The next one starts on 2nd November if it's any use to you.

And for what it's worth, I'm struggling at the moment, too. I've been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, although the counselling I've been recommended for is probably a year away yet

If you want to talk privately, then I'm happy to do so. I've got single men blocked, but ping me a friend request and we can talk then, if you'd like?

Post new Message to Thread