Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The truth about Interracial Relationships

Jump to newest

By *nterracial dream OP   Couple
over a year ago

London

After watching a number of documentaries with race related subject matter with my partner (who happens to be white) I wondered how honest are we about interracial sex?

Outside what many would consider the basis of healthy relationships for example love, physical attraction (body type, beauty etc), common interests, cultural commonalities etc what role does fear/virility of black people play in the white attraction? How much does a element of vengence play in the minds of black men in when having sex in cuckold scenarios? Is it healthy or destructive? What role do myths about manhood play in the white women's attraction to black males? Do white men truly believe they will be obsolete? Or is this the thought of a select few fantasist? How do black women feel about the seeming double standards in the community when it comes to interracial dating/sex?

Just thought this would be an interesting topic for discussion. It is not my intent for this to turn into an exchange of ideologies racist and otherwise. Just for people who are or have been in these relationships or have valid thoughts to talk and exchange experiences.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This may turn sour ha!

What double standards in the community when it comes to interracial dating/sex are you referring to?

I’m a black woman and I’d love to hear more about what you mean.

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

We don't think anything of it. We've been married forever and the colour of someone's skin means nothing, only what's inside.

over a year ago

London

I know it's gonna go left judging from the last time I posted a similar thread in another forum. I'm interesting to see where this will go as the other forum was more US based

I think as black women a lot more pressure is placed on you to maintain the black community on a micro level (your family) for lack of a better phrase. So you are more aware of the struggles of what black men go through and the tensions that may arise because of this but often your personal struggles with identity within society are somewhat sidelined as you need to maintain or expected to maintain the black community/family. Please correct me if you think I'm wrong or speaking out of turn.

over a year ago

London

That's great for you. It truly is and if you read what was said that most regular healthy relationships it doesn't play a role in most interactions. But there are many other types of relationship where it might well be a factor.

By *rct4Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I think it's hot

over a year ago

"I think it's hot "

This really made me giggle. Top satire

over a year ago

I am married to a black woman from Botswana. Their family see it as a status symbol that 2 of their 3 daughters are married to comfortable successful white men. Will treat them better etc. African men are over the side all the time

No prospects etc. I have seen this from first hand experience from her sisters black partners. I as ever am open minded but a lot of African famalies have this perception and then again a lot don't. It's up to the individuals concerned. Nothing about fantasy. In a serious relationship its all about security. Can she be looked after in a way she wants to be etc. This I have found from the mentality of a lot of African famalies.

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

"We don't think anything of it. We've been married forever and the colour of someone's skin means nothing, only what's inside."

over a year ago

Surely its down to the person not colour of their skin

Post new Message to Thread