Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

So... Adele has racist hair...

Jump to newest

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man
over a year ago

salisbury

Do you agree, or do you think people should be able to style their hair as they please without attracting labels?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

huh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well Hitler literally fucked up a moustache style...

But yes ppl should be able to have the haircut they want even if it is ugly as fuck

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

"Well Hitler literally fucked up a moustache style...

But yes ppl should be able to have the haircut they want even if it is ugly as fuck "

Lol that's true! No one wants a "chaplain" anymore!

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

"huh?"

Adele has been seen out with a hair style only people with African heritage should be allowed to wear, apparently.

Reply privately

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

"huh?

Adele has been seen out with a hair style only people with African heritage should be allowed to wear, apparently. "

Where's the face palm emoji?... It's not like she's doing black face

Reply privately

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I read the article yesterday about it.

Another example of the world gone mad & OTT PC.

Its a bloody hair do FFS!!

MsD

Reply privately

By *laymateteeMan
over a year ago

bristol

"huh?

Adele has been seen out with a hair style only people with African heritage should be allowed to wear, apparently. "

Who said this??

Reply privately

By *ragsterMan
over a year ago

Blackburn

A lot of people have far too much time on their hands ...

Why don't we all become chipped n pinned robots right now so these woke sad people don't ever have anything to moan about again...

These sad people who are offended by everybody just simply breathing are obviously perfect in every way. ...

Adele please crack on and have your hair in any style you wish

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I'm surprised with all that's going on in the world people have time for such foolishness. I doubt this came from a black person as nearly every black woman I know/see on the street is rocking straight hair.

First world problems!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wore my hair like that in the 90s.. so did plenty of people.. didn’t wigfield too? The world has gone mad

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do you agree, or do you think people should be able to style their hair as they please without attracting labels?"

Certain groups use any excuse to incite tension, She was embracing another culture and nothing more but of course their agenda shows through again

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"huh?

Adele has been seen out with a hair style only people with African heritage should be allowed to wear, apparently.

Who said this??"

Indeed.

More media driven nonsense, over reporting the utterances of individuals who represent no one because it sells newspapers and promotes division.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do you agree, or do you think people should be able to style their hair as they please without attracting labels?

Certain groups use any excuse to incite tension, She was embracing another culture and nothing more but of course their agenda shows through again "

I doubt she was embracing another culture? She saw a hairstyle, liked it and fashioned herself. People have copied things since the year dot.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do you agree, or do you think people should be able to style their hair as they please without attracting labels?

Certain groups use any excuse to incite tension, She was embracing another culture and nothing more but of course their agenda shows through again

I doubt she was embracing another culture? She saw a hairstyle, liked it and fashioned herself. People have copied things since the year dot."

It was more than the hair though wasn't it..

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Certain groups use any excuse to incite tension, She was embracing another culture and nothing more but of course their agenda shows through again "

Yes, newspaper groups.

No individual or group of individuals represents the views of a community or culture of people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

she was trying to celibrate the carnival that never happened, its outragous that people are having a go at her, oh and well done her for the weight loss, i didnt recognise her

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Certain groups, mainly virtual signalling white people!

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"huh?

Who said this??

Indeed.

More media driven nonsense, over reporting the utterances of individuals who represent no one because it sells newspapers and promotes division."

Spot on!

Reply privately

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

Cultural appropriation.

Reply privately

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

So is the reverse qrong as well?

How many black women wear wigs that emulate caucasion hair?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh my!! Whatever next?

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I doubt she was embracing another culture? She saw a hairstyle, liked it and fashioned herself. People have copied things since the year dot.

It was more than the hair though wasn't it.."

She was wearing a Jamaican flag bikini top. Didn't realise only Jamaicans can wear those colours. Better get rid of any navy or royal blue clothes in my closet then as I'm neither in the navy or royal.

I repeat: first world problems!

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"So is the reverse qrong as well?

How many black women wear wigs that emulate caucasion hair? "

I wouldn't worry about either view to be honest, annointing them with any credibility only serves to sow the seeds of division.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

How many black women wear wigs that emulate caucasion hair? "

My point hence this is a white driven complaint, as usual, which the mentally challenged will jump on and blame blacks for being pc mad. When in reality we're scratching around looking for two fucks to give.

Reply privately

By *ssexHotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Braintree

The world is gone absolutely bonkers, you literally can’t do anything without upsetting someone or some group.

I don’t see what she did wrong, she was if anything promoting another culture, some done do enough some do too much, there is no pleasing the world now!

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

My point hence this is a white driven complaint, as usual, which the mentally challenged will jump on and blame blacks for being pc mad. When in reality we're scratching around looking for two fucks to give."

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Cultural appropriation."

Which is a far more complex issue than Adele squeezing her boobs into a bra top made up of the Jamaican flag colours or sporting a few corn rows!

I hate to paraphrase Trump, but this is fake news, intended to arouse the indignation of the feeble minded!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Storm in a twitter tea cup. Most everything is 'culturally appropriated'. Modern pop music wouldn't exist as we know it without the blues which wouldn't exist without ... well you know.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Cultural appropriation.

Which is a far more complex issue than Adele squeezing her boobs into a bra top made up of the Jamaican flag colours or sporting a few corn rows!

I hate to paraphrase Trump, but this is fake news, intended to arouse the indignation of the feeble minded!"

Yep: tried and tested method that works in riling certain types up.

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"The world is gone absolutely bonkers, you literally can’t do anything without upsetting someone or some group.

"

That was ever the case, clearly there are now people getting upset about the Twitter proclamations of a few unknown individuals.

That's what Twitter and the wider media does..it's effective click bait!

A quick Google news search on Adele comes up with a comment from the black, left wing MP David Lammy where he says the 'criticism' of Adele is wrong.

Reply privately

By *onnyJohnMan
over a year ago

Doncaster

"Do you agree, or do you think people should be able to style their hair as they please without attracting labels?"

I think they have a perfectly good point, it shouldn't be allowed, in fact there should be a law against it, all they are doing is cultural appropriation and it's wrong... Only the English should be allowed to dress as Morris dancers, only the Scottish should be allowed to wear kilts, only Germans should be allowed to dress in lederhosen with a large handlebar 'tash...

I am of course being sarcastic, all those examples are utterly ridiculous and so are those people saying she shouldn't have had her hair like she did... FFS is was (supposed to be) a public celebration so why not get dressed up in the manner of the celebration..

People who take offense at this type of thing need to go and take their heads for a shit.

Reply privately

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Knowing the press they probably twisted the statement from "I don't like her hair" to what was reported.

Reply privately

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

It's completely ludicrous, to suggest someone can't even have a hair cut or wear a Jamaican flag is proof society has lost its mind. If people are offended by this I'd like to know just how it is offensive?

I may never be able to understand it but I don't think she has done anything wrong especially in the spirit of the carnival and all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

http://news.sky.com/story/stars-defend-adele-against-cultural-appropriation-claims-after-star-shares-photo-in-bantu-knots-12060334

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't understand what all the fuss was about. Are some hairstyles reserved for certain groups of people now ?

I thought we moved on from stereotypes , race and creed

A good example if the world gone mad

Reply privately

over a year ago

It looks daft, is that not punishment enough?

Reply privately

By *ickDastardlyMan
over a year ago

North East

"I read the article yesterday about it.

Another example of the world gone mad & OTT PC.

Its a bloody hair do FFS!!

MsD"

Where was the article? Please don’t tell me it’s those trash tabloids

There’s some gammons kicking off my Facebook this morning because ‘someone’ apparently said the traditional English breakfast is racist, it’s complete bull shit.

Some people need to give their head a wobble believing them.

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Personally I think she looked fantastic , I'm pretty sure most Jamaican people wouldn't be offended either

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm surprised with all that's going on in the world people have time for such foolishness. I doubt this came from a black person as nearly every black woman I know/see on the street is rocking straight hair.

First world problems!"

Good point about straight hair!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Cultural appropriation.

I hate to paraphrase Trump, but this is fake news, intended to arouse the indignation of the feeble minded!

Yep: tried and tested method that works in riling certain types up."

Reply privately

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

I thought it was Katy Perry in the photo. Shes changed so much, from her weight lose.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Has anyone changed their mind during this thread?

Reply privately

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Slow news day

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some things are cultural appropriation...I'm not sure I agree a hairstyle falls into this personally.

What I find sad is that all anyone can seem to go on about is her weight loss...

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

It’s actually more refreshing to see the diverse amount of people who have come out and defended her.

Hopefully some common sense at last.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I haven't seen photo's yet, but are the tabloids saying she is racist, or her haircut is racist, I don't get it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Some things are cultural appropriation...I'm not sure I agree a hairstyle falls into this personally.

What I find sad is that all anyone can seem to go on about is her weight loss... "

That's all she will be from now on - someone who lost weight. Any time she regains or loses the papers will comment. Worse than they do for other women. She's now a target, same as Rebel Wilson.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Some things are cultural appropriation...I'm not sure I agree a hairstyle falls into this personally.

What I find sad is that all anyone can seem to go on about is her weight loss...

That's all she will be from now on - someone who lost weight. Any time she regains or loses the papers will comment. Worse than they do for other women. She's now a target, same as Rebel Wilson. "

Yep! Makes me sad!

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's all she will be from now on - someone who lost weight. Any time she regains or loses the papers will comment. Worse than they do for other women. She's now a target, same as Rebel Wilson. "

It's pathetic the way the media jump on stuff like weight, and like you say she will be criticised either way. If she gains they'll say she has no self control and if she loses they'll think she's Ill

Reply privately

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

It seems to have started in the US, where there is still more division and issues around this sort of thing.

Most of the UK comments have been along the lines of that's Carnival basically. We all go along embrace the Caribbean/Black British culture and have a great weekend.

I think Sky were the first to jump on these US comments and blow it all out of proportion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It seems that some people consider it cultural appropriation and some don't. Where does cultural appreciation become cultural appropriation?

I feel it's important to and encouraging that we're having the conversation.

Reply privately

By *layful Couple For YouCouple
over a year ago

Lust

Soon it’ll be frowned upon to visit a tanning salon. Some of the ‘racist’, ‘cultural appropriation’ and ‘colonialism’ labels that are getting thrown around are ridiculous....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some people are way to quick to throw in the racist card,it's hair ffs ,

Reply privately

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

Another culture war battle, well done Clem.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I imagine it's probably another media manufactured outrage. Divide and concur. Another distraction from our incompetent governments. Those pesky black people were gaining far too much support for their liking .

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

"I imagine it's probably another media manufactured outrage. Divide and concur. Another distraction from our incompetent governments. Those pesky black people were gaining far too much support for their liking . "

Seems to be from American Twitter users.

Reply privately

By *uzz And WoodyCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

It’s just ridiculous! The PC brigade have gone mad! People who are looking to be offended by anything and everything drive me mad. Should black ladies stop wearing their hair sleek and blonde? Is Beyoncé racist as her hair is often a lighter shade. Does anyone really care?!

On This Morning soneone said it’s not cultural appropriation, it’s cultural appreciation. I completely agree!

Lou x

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I imagine it's probably another media manufactured outrage. Divide and concur. Another distraction from our incompetent governments. Those pesky black people were gaining far too much support for their liking .

Seems to be from American Twitter users. "

Obviously twitter posts are always known for their sense and sanity and being representative of general public opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dont think it's an issue, but I might be ignorant so happy to be enlightened. I dont like cross related jewellery but I'm not offended by people wearing it as a fashion accessory. Does it compare? Or we shouldn't compare at all..

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

"I imagine it's probably another media manufactured outrage. Divide and concur. Another distraction from our incompetent governments. Those pesky black people were gaining far too much support for their liking .

Obviously twitter posts are always known for their sense and sanity and being representative of general public opinion. "

You seem disappointed that you couldn't just blame the Daily Mail.

Reply privately

over a year ago

My point hence this is a white driven complaint, as usual, which the mentally challenged will jump on and blame blacks for being pc mad. When in reality we're scratching around looking for two fucks to give."

In their quest for racial harmony, hyper-sensitive white people often make things worse than if they had just kept their mouths shut in the first place.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Obviously twitter posts are always known for their sense and sanity and being representative of general public opinion.

You seem disappointed that you couldn't just blame the Daily Mail. "

The only thing I'm dissapointed in is the media doing the same shit it aways does to cause divides and keep everyone distracted from the real issues.

Reply privately

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

What is a racist hair? Odd or weird maybe but racist.

sigh...

She's pretty much unrecognizable from her old self.

Reply privately

By *otfabcouple2017Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

The only thing I'm dissapointed in is the media doing the same shit it aways does to cause divides and keep everyone distracted from the real issues. "

That's the leftist media for you...

I'd bet plenty, left wing is the only media you read.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The only thing I'm dissapointed in is the media doing the same shit it aways does to cause divides and keep everyone distracted from the real issues. "

Yeah, like maybe she's cornrowed her pubes!

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

The only thing I'm dissapointed in is the media doing the same shit it aways does to cause divides and keep everyone distracted from the real issues.

That's the leftist media for you...

I'd bet plenty, left wing is the only media you read. "

Well duh. Schrodinger's millenial. Simultaneously triggered by the right wing press while never reading it.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Yeah, like maybe she's cornrowed her pubes!"

Reply privately

By *tag and CelesteCouple
over a year ago

Liverpool

This is more of a case of Americans not understanding that the rest of the world embraces cultures differently. I was reading people with a decent to high social media following from white Americans and African-Americans, slamming her for “cultural appropriation” not realising that she was dressed that way for Notting Hill carnival.

Reply privately

By *tag and CelesteCouple
over a year ago

Liverpool

Reading their twitter feeds I meant to say also just the media jumping on it with their usual divisive tactics.

Reply privately

By *arracksCouple
over a year ago

Deal

"I'm surprised with all that's going on in the world people have time for such foolishness. I doubt this came from a black person as nearly every black woman I know/see on the street is rocking straight hair.

Now she is no longer large, the trolls need something else to target her for!

First world problems!"

Reply privately

over a year ago

??? This sounds really funny ! Is it a BLM joke or something?

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

"Do you agree, or do you think people should be able to style their hair as they please without attracting labels? ??? This sounds really funny ! Is it a BLM joke or something?"

The only funny thing about BLM is that people still think it has something to do with race.

Reply privately

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

Adele's alleged cultural appropriation because of her hair, Jamaican flag bikini & musical influences

There will always be somebody who gets offended at the actions of others.

I wonder how many of those bitching at Adele for her hair & wearing a Jamaican flag bikini also have a favorite Bob Marley song? or enjoy eating Italian/Chinese/Indian food? We're all influenced by what we find appealing no matter what culture it originated from.

UB40 have been recording reggae songs since 1978, does that make them wrong too? no of course not!

Reply privately

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

"Adele's alleged cultural appropriation because of her hair, Jamaican flag bikini & musical influences

There will always be somebody who gets offended at the actions of others.

I wonder how many of those bitching at Adele for her hair & wearing a Jamaican flag bikini also have a favorite Bob Marley song? or enjoy eating Italian/Chinese/Indian food? We're all influenced by what we find appealing no matter what culture it originated from.

UB40 have been recording reggae songs since 1978, does that make them wrong too? no of course not! "

I'd argue that last point, but not from a cultural appropriation point of view.

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Do you agree, or do you think people should be able to style their hair as they please without attracting labels? ??? This sounds really funny ! Is it a BLM joke or something?

The only funny thing about BLM is that people still think it has something to do with race. "

My first instinct is this has not actually been suggested by anyone genuinely interested in tackling the very real vile examples of racism embedded into society

My first instinct is this is faux outrage designed and promoted by racists

Reply privately

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Well she looks bloody amazing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well she looks bloody amazing."

I didn't recognise her.

Reply privately

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

OK... here's a question ... don't shoot me ... but if such styles are seen as only African heritage .... what if a person of African heritage dyes their hair blond? Is that wrong?

Or maybe, people like to use these hairstyles because they are celebrating the look and recognising its beauty ... rather than this new concept of cultural appropriation

Just a thought

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nottingham

"Do you agree, or do you think people should be able to style their hair as they please without attracting labels? ??? This sounds really funny ! Is it a BLM joke or something?

The only funny thing about BLM is that people still think it has something to do with race. "

Right on the money Clem

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

I'm not one for that political correctness gone mad stuff but its arguably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard

Perhaps white people should be made to stop listening to black music.

Fucking daft

Reply privately

By *ssexHotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Braintree

Spot on. It’s a runaway train at this point

Reply privately

By *ushkinMan
over a year ago

Northampton

All the forums/pages I'm on that have a predominantly black population, don't think this. I'm not sure where this is coming from. Yea you get the odd one or two who don't agree but the majority of black people I've spoken to have said they see nothing wrong.

Think someone is just shit stirring tbh

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"All the forums/pages I'm on that have a predominantly black population, don't think this. I'm not sure where this is coming from. Yea you get the odd one or two who don't agree but the majority of black people I've spoken to have said they see nothing wrong.

Think someone is just shit stirring tbh"

Me too clem does like to stir shit I'm not exactly sure he is pro race equality either

Reply privately

By *adbod74Man
over a year ago

Dudley

I think people should just worry about their own lives and live them to the best they can

Reply privately

By *ourayloversCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

Utter tabloid dribble

Reply privately

over a year ago

its only because she is famous and in the public eye.

also many are jealous of her fame and new found figure so are looking to jump any bandwagon.

personally ive never liked her sickly type of music but she has worked hard for fame and fortune.

let her be.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who braided hair first? Vikings, Celts, Egyptians to name but a few all rocked braided hair.

Plus if braids or dreads are for black folks only, I'm gonna take exception to the next black guy with a quiff.

Reply privately

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

No its not

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

"All the forums/pages I'm on that have a predominantly black population, don't think this. I'm not sure where this is coming from. Yea you get the odd one or two who don't agree but the majority of black people I've spoken to have said they see nothing wrong.

Me too clem does like to stir shit I'm not exactly sure he is pro race equality either "

Please don't melt on my thread.

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

It seems like a bunch of people on the internet getting offended on someone else's behalf and making a huge mountain out of a tiny molehill.

The number of famous black people (such as Naomi Campbell) who have spoken up in support of her speaks volumes.

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Me too clem does like to stir shit I'm not exactly sure he is pro race equality either

Please don't melt on my thread. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/09/20 23:41:07]

Reply privately

over a year ago

It was people from American who had an issue with & shockingly enough the media instigated things.

The majority of black people (including me) in the UK have no problem with it at all. Even Naomi Campbell sung Adele’s praises.

Some of the comments on here just confirms how good the media is in twisting things and blowing things out of proportion.

Reply privately

By *weety321Woman
over a year ago

nottingham

Hardly life changing news. The press need to go get some proper stories instead of clutching at straws

Reply privately

By *ranimallxl5Man
over a year ago

Winchester

It was more than the hair though wasn't it..

She was wearing a Jamaican flag bikini top. Didn't realise only Jamaicans can wear those colours. Better get rid of any navy or royal blue clothes in my closet then as I'm neither in the navy or royal.

I repeat: first world problems! "

If it is offended a race that isn't yours,then you don't really have a say at all.

Reply privately

By *ranimallxl5Man
over a year ago

Winchester

"its only because she is famous and in the public eye.

also many are jealous of her fame and new found figure so are looking to jump any bandwagon.

personally ive never liked her sickly type of music but she has worked hard for fame and fortune.

let her be."

Can you be jealous of a complete stranger...surely you need to have a shared history

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its just getting pathetic it really is if this is the case Beyonce is twice as racist for straightening it and dyeing it blonde.

Reply privately

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

First world problems!"

This!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I really don't understand cultural appropriation. Surely in our modern world where we are trying to be one people, embracing different cultures should be encouraged. In the past when a white man wore dreadlocks, he was a twat. Now he's a racist.

Reply privately

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

So when a (non-black)friend in uni cornrow styled hair, was that racist? not at all. If anything, it sparked jealousy because it actually looked really good on her.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I doubt she gives 2 fucks about a few snowflakes x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Its just getting pathetic it really is if this is the case Beyonce is twice as racist for straightening it and dyeing it blonde. "

One rule for them one rule for us

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Its just getting pathetic it really is if this is the case Beyonce is twice as racist for straightening it and dyeing it blonde.

One rule for them one rule for us "

Us ?? Them???

Snowflakes ??

I'll say again it seems a malevolent racist agenda has produced fake news to provoke outrage over a non concept and the

"Them and us" people are willingly biting at it nicely

You're being manipulated

Reply privately

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Personally I wasn’t keen on it i thought it looked silly tbh but what do I know about hair styles I still have a high and tight

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Its just getting pathetic it really is if this is the case Beyonce is twice as racist for straightening it and dyeing it blonde.

Us ?? Them???

Snowflakes ??

I'll say again it seems a malevolent racist agenda has produced fake news to provoke outrage over a non concept and the

You're being manipulated "

My point exactly.

People would have believe the media straight away without doing their research.

Reply privately

over a year ago

One rule for them one rule for us "

Who’s “Them” and “Us”?

Reply privately

By *aver999Couple
over a year ago

East Mids

Cultural appropriation, appreciation ? who gives a shit over pointless snowflake stories.

Does she have a new album out? There is a strong correlation between artists appearing in the news out of nowhere just as new albums / films come out, those big companies have to make sure their marketing departments earn their keep!

We're not Adele followers but a quick google search "And then, in February, Adele confirmed herself that the album will be released in September 2020"

Reply privately

By *ranimallxl5Man
over a year ago

Winchester

Wow, lovely to see white people discuss what the black communities opinion should be.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No it is not, anyone should be able to have whatever hair style they want.

Reply privately

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Very little substance. The manufactured outrage and use of idiotic, dog whistling terms like "racist hair" far outweighs any supposed offence which has been taken over how Adele likes to style her hair...

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

"Wow, lovely to see white people discuss what the black communities opinion should be."

Do you think the black community should be able to control the hair style of people from other ethnicities?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t mind at all but the left have to acknowledge their hypocrisy for cancel culture when the finger is pointed at one of their own.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Happy Wednesday folks....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow, lovely to see white people discuss what the black communities opinion should be.

Do you think the black community should be able to control the hair style of people from other ethnicities?"

How are the black community doing that?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I don’t mind at all but the left have to acknowledge their hypocrisy for cancel culture when the finger is pointed at one of their own. "

What does that mean?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Wow, lovely to see white people discuss what the black communities opinion should be."

So white people can only discuss white people?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Us ?? Them???

Snowflakes ??

You're being manipulated "

Tbf there were quotes from a few black anerican commentators who were critical of her.

It may have been exaggerated but an issue has been made.

Reply privately

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

"Its just getting pathetic it really is if this is the case Beyonce is twice as racist for straightening it and dyeing it blonde. "

That is because you don't understand the reason people might be mad. The reason is foolish but it is there.

Beyonce straightening her hair and dyeing it blonde believe it or not gives her more opportunity.

Compare to Beyonce doing the Adele hairdo. Can see it from both sides but the reason is silly.

And why is this news?

Reply privately

By *ranimallxl5Man
over a year ago

Winchester

"Wow, lovely to see white people discuss what the black communities opinion should be.

So white people can only discuss white people?"

you would think that with Black Lives Matters being a prominent issue that people may have read up on it or watched a doc ....but no.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

So white people can only discuss white people? you would think that with Black Lives Matters being a prominent issue that people may have read up on it or watched a doc ....but no. "

I'm aware of it but I dont see what the problem is,in discussing the issue.

In fact issues like this only serve to cloud the serious stuff

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don’t mind at all but the left have to acknowledge their hypocrisy for cancel culture when the finger is pointed at one of their own.

What does that mean?"

It means as it reads

Reply privately

over a year ago

What kinda tapped post is this

Reply privately

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

"What kinda tapped post is this "

A shit stirring post.

Reply privately

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

This is definitely a slow news day story.

Reply privately

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"What kinda tapped post is this

A shit stirring post."

Only for those that bite.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is definitely a slow news day story. "

It's raining

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hello it’s G.....

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

A shit stirring post."

Why is it? It's discussing a news story where people have been accusing adele of cultural appropriation due to having bantu knots and a Jamaican flag bikini. Why is that shit stirring?

Reply privately

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Maybe next time Adele should stick one of them Bob Marley tee shirts on an maybe one of them Jamaican bandanas to really get them in a flap stupid fuckers btw I personally wasn’t keen on her new hairstyle preferred her old Barnet

Reply privately

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
over a year ago

Someone/a few people complain on twitter about a famous person and the media jump all over it, It's a none story from the start,

No one race, person, group own a hairstyle, clothing style, food etc

Reply privately

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

A shit stirring post.

Why is it? It's discussing a news story where people have been accusing adele of cultural appropriation due to having bantu knots and a Jamaican flag bikini. Why is that shit stirring? "

I could expand but to be blunt, this is mindless nonsensical meaningless bullshit for the feeble minded. News? Give me a break.

Last week it was Rule Brittania that was getting them riled up, I wonder what it will be next week.

This is just another round in the culture wars intended to provoke division, nothing else. I hate to say it but it appears to be working.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

A shit stirring post.

Why is it? It's discussing a news story where people have been accusing adele of cultural appropriation due to having bantu knots and a Jamaican flag bikini. Why is that shit stirring?

I could expand but to be blunt, this is mindless nonsensical meaningless bullshit for the feeble minded. News? Give me a break.

Last week it was Rule Brittania that was getting them riled up, I wonder what it will be next week.

This is just another round in the culture wars intended to provoke division, nothing else. I hate to say it but it appears to be working. "

So the story in itself if shit stirring.... Not this post?

Reply privately

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

A shit stirring post.

This is just another round in the culture wars intended to provoke division, nothing else. I hate to say it but it appears to be working.

So the story in itself if shit stirring.... Not this post? "

Why do you think it was posted? Do you think the OP is really concerned about what Adele wears and how she styles her hair?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I don’t mind at all but the left have to acknowledge their hypocrisy for cancel culture when the finger is pointed at one of their own.

What does that mean?

It means as it reads "

Fairly sure a certain mr trump is big on cancel culture,that left wing radical.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What does that mean?

It means as it reads

Fairly sure a certain mr trump is big on cancel culture,that left wing radical."

I’m in London pal, not Washington DC

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

A shit stirring post.

This is just another round in the culture wars intended to provoke division, nothing else. I hate to say it but it appears to be working. "

Yep, this is how the right wing always operates. Find an example of one or two people saying something a bit silly on Twitter or such like, and whip it up into a PC gone mad existential threat on free speech and the Western way of life.

Reply privately

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

Who's Adele, thought she'd climbed back under her rock.

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

A shit stirring post.

Yep, this is how the right wing always operates. Find an example of one or two people saying something a bit silly on Twitter or such like, and whip it up into a PC gone mad existential threat on free speech and the Western way of life. "

Exactly exactly, this

Anyone suggesting of feigning outrage at the silliness is either directly complicit or acting as the puppeteers desire

I'm not sure which "wing" is more responsible I think both left right up down and centrists all have examples of tribalism and racism

Whoever they are their direct aim is to cause greater division hatred distrust disdain and ill feeling towards another group of humans who deserve no more and no less than inclusive equality

I'll directly suggest clem is complicit in this ambition

Reply privately

over a year ago

I preferred her when she was fat

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

this is what happens when the press has no "notting hill carnival" to rant on about.... because if she had been at that with what she was wearing absolutely no one would had batted an eyelid!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

What does that mean?

It means as it reads

Fairly sure a certain mr trump is big on cancel culture,that left wing radical.

I’m in London pal, not Washington DC"

Rightio

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nottingham

A shit stirring post.

Yep, this is how the right wing always operates. Find an example of one or two people saying something a bit silly on Twitter or such like, and whip it up into a PC gone mad existential threat on free speech and the Western way of life.

Exactly exactly, this

Anyone suggesting of feigning outrage at the silliness is either directly complicit or acting as the puppeteers desire

I'm not sure which "wing" is more responsible I think both left right up down and centrists all have examples of tribalism and racism

Whoever they are their direct aim is to cause greater division hatred distrust disdain and ill feeling towards another group of humans who deserve no more and no less than inclusive equality

I'll directly suggest clem is complicit in this ambition

"

You almost had me.... Until I read the last line!

CLEM was framed!!!! It should be obvious.

Lol

Good post

I honestly can't help but feel people are mad at Adele for losing weight.

I think she was seen as a proud larger lady type of icon.

Her losing the weight makes other similar people feel disempowered.

Not only have they lost a Champion, on top on it, everyone praised her for her weight loss

Some folks just felt sleighted by it sadly, when they should have been pleased.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/09/20 20:55:16]

Reply privately

over a year ago

A FEW black people complained about it as they felt a certain type of way about it, which is okay to do

However the majority of the black community have said Adele looked great and that she was showing appreciation.

What really bothers me in topics like these is that people who are not affected want that privilege to dictate how people should feel.

If certain subjects don’t affect you, then you are NO position to tell people who are affected how they should or shouldn’t feel.

IF Adele was wearing dressed head to toe in a traditional Asian outfit, changed changed her hair style etc & people from the Asian community said they’re offended, then they can say that.

I’m not Asian, so who am I to tell the Asian community how to feel about THEIR culture and when they should or shouldn’t be offended.

Again the media run wild on things like this & instead of people to do their research which includes READING the full stories; comments get thrown out like:

“Snowflakes”

“The worlds gone sensitive”

“The PC fire brigade are ruining things”

“Then Beyoncé is racist for dying her hair blonde” “Adele’s hair is racist”

“The Blacks”

Stuff like this just causes tension, which we really don’t need

Reply privately

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

More offended by the leggings and the earings tbh, they were truly terrible. The new body mind ya is very admirable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

“Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.”? Ricky Gervais

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"huh?

What utter bollocks lol. Its a hairstyle.

Reply privately

By *ealclubberMan
over a year ago

birmingham

I saw a video of a black woman going mental at a dude because he was white and had dreads. She was like youre not aloud to have that hair because youre not black.

Vikings had dreads and they wasnt black. Egyptians had dreads. If her logic is correct she shouldnt be using an iphone, or using the internet.

Its all so annoying. Just let people look how they want to look.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I saw a video of a black woman going mental at a dude because he was white and had dreads. She was like youre not aloud to have that hair because youre not black.

Vikings had dreads and they wasnt black. Egyptians had dreads. If her logic is correct she shouldnt be using an iphone, or using the internet.

Its all so annoying. Just let people look how they want to look. "

It's just a tiny percentage of people who think like that, But they now have a bigger platform Twitter,FB etc to talk their shite

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I saw a video of a black woman going mental at a dude because he was white and had dreads. She was like youre not aloud to have that hair because youre not black.

Exactly this. Some people clearly have too much time on their hands.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s getting silly. What’s next, clothes? I won’t be able to wear a kimono because I’m not Japanese?

Reply privately

By *ealclubberMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Yeah obviously its a small ammount. But the fact is these self entitled people are out in public spewing out utter waffle and making things worse. Preach about equality but cant let people be equal.

Reply privately

By *ealclubberMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Wont be able to buy flat pack furniture because youre not swedish.

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Can't eat any other food apart from English food as I'm not Chinese, Indian, Italian etc? It would be a never ending list lol.

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

And the answer to your question, Clem, is yes they should, in my opinion.

Reply privately

By *ouis CyphreMan
over a year ago

The Midlands

Take it from me as black man. Its all a load of bollocks.

Reply privately

By *ealclubberMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"Can't eat any other food apart from English food as I'm not Chinese, Indian, Italian etc? It would be a never ending list lol. "

Definitely. Cant use your phone because it's korean or american and they're made in china or wherever.

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

Im assume bottle blonds are insulting Scandinavians some how?

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Im assume bottle blonds are insulting Scandinavians some how?"

Quite possibly

Reply privately

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

"Take it from me as black man. Its all a load of bollocks. "

I (he) totally agrees

Reply privately

over a year ago

Egyptians had dreads because they are black people who are Egyptians! It's literally within the continent of Africa, can't get more black than that really.

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"huh?

So Santa was a black guy, was he? I do wish some people would tell black people to stop sweating-the-small-stuff.

Reply privately

over a year ago

He searched for racist hair. ^

Reply privately

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

I don’t see what the big deal is about Adele’s hair I don’t class it as racist.She was born and raised in Tottenham a area I know well as I live up the road it’s a very cosmopolitan area with a large West Indian community no doubt she has tried some of the lovely West Indian food like jerk chicken , curry goat and perhaps enjoyed Wray & Nephew rum.

Reply privately

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

"He searched for racist hair. ^"

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Its all so annoying. Just let people look how they want to look.

Egyptians had dreads because they are black people who are Egyptians! It's literally within the continent of Africa, can't get more black than that really. "

The paintings in the tombs show various skin tones and therefore different races.

There are many theories about the lineage regression of the ancient Egyptian people, although today it is a mixture of multiple races, some classify it as a Negro origin, and this theory has proven its failure through the genetic analysis of samples from the bodies of Egyptian mummies that have been proven to belong mainly to the Caucasian Mediterranean race as Of the inhabitants of the Mediterranean coast and not to the black race in Africa.

There are many Egyptian paintings that indicate the colors of the races of ancient peoples, including the Egyptians; The indigenous Africans include blacks, Egyptians, reds, Libyans, whites, and Syrians in olive.

Excerpt taken from hurghadalovers own web site.

Egypt is Africa. However that vast continent is often divided into the Mediterranean/Arab region and Sub-Sahara. So, not being black does not, stop someone from being African. That's ignorant.

That's like saying if you're black, you're not American/British/French or if your stage name is Neneh Cherry...not Swedish. Neneh Mariann Karlsson is black and Swedish.

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Dreadlocks have historically been found to be associated with ancient Greek, Aztec, Senegalese, Buddhist, and Rastafari cultures. Though they are NOW mainly linked to African culture and identity, people from all races do sport their hair in dreadlocks.

As for dread locks, saying it's a black-only thing, is showing ignorance. Just because the Bob Marley brigade can't see through the dope filled haze and never bothered to do any learning.

Ignorant, lazy and racist, guess what? It's not just exclusive to the white/male/middle classes.

Just because one group is famous for using dreads, doesn't give them the power of copyright and policing, as it was never exclusively theirs in the first place.

BLM?

Bloody Learning Matters!

Reply privately

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

"Dreadlocks have historically been found to be associated with ancient Greek, Aztec, Senegalese, Buddhist, and Rastafari cultures. Though they are NOW mainly linked to African culture and identity, people from all races do sport their hair in dreadlocks.

As for dread locks, saying it's a black-only thing, is showing ignorance. Just because the Bob Marley brigade can't see through the dope filled haze and never bothered to do any learning.

Ignorant, lazy and racist, guess what? It's not just exclusive to the white/male/middle classes.

Just because one group is famous for using dreads, doesn't give them the power of copyright and policing, as it was never exclusively theirs in the first place.

BLM?

Bloody Learning Matters!

"

You having a bad day?

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Dreadlocks have historically been found to be associated with ancient Greek, Aztec, Senegalese, Buddhist, and Rastafari cultures. Though they are NOW mainly linked to African culture and identity, people from all races do sport their hair in dreadlocks.

BLM?

Bloody Learning Matters!

You having a bad day?"

Dreadful? No, bunged up with cold and fed up with the you-can-do-that-brigade...then yes.

Thanks for asking

Achhooooo!

Reply privately

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Reply privately

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

"I wore my hair like that in the 90s.. so did plenty of people.. didn’t wigfield too? The world has gone mad"
Bang on. Do what you want. No pigeon holes

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was going so literally toooo"brave the shave" until it was pointed out its racist and homophobic because some gay black men are like, properly bald, eeeough...not even shaved!

Reply privately

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

I was going so literally toooo"brave the shave" until it was pointed out its racist and homophobic because some gay black men are like, properly bald, eeeough...not even shaved!"

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think it's good this is coming to an end.

And that people are learning more about cultural appropriation and asking questions about its appropriateness.

Reply privately