FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

MSN Passwords leaked on the net change ur passwords!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all some Msn passwords and hotmail have been leaked on the internet its been on the news all day.

They recommend users change they password immediately.

You do this by logging on your e-mail part of MSN messenger or hotmail then select my account and change from there.

Thought id post and help because a fair few use it on here.

Hope the heads up helps!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

cheers for that il go change it just now only bloody started rememberin it arrgghhh!!! x

over a year ago

If you have forgot your old password click forgot password on the same page and you can reset it.

It will just ask you a memorable question like maiden name, dogs name, fave colour etc which you would have choose when you set it up. when you answer that it will clear the old one and allow you a new one

over a year ago

Thanks honey i will change mine asap

over a year ago

all done! bloody hackers!!!x

over a year ago

According to El Reg, its the hotmail accounts that have been hacked/stolen.

So even if you just have a hotmail account for purely email, and don't use MSN you'd best change it as well.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/05/hotmail_passwords_leaked/

over a year ago

Yeah, I got loads of delievery faliure messages for junk mail last week, assumed someone had got in and changed my password... Didn't know it was hapening to other people too!

over a year ago

yeh as I stated if you have msn you will have a e-mail account for it so if they have that they can read your hotmail and also log into ur MSN messenger too. I dont use mine for anything important but its still a good idea to change it, it only takes 5 mins and look above for instructions what I first posted.

Cant be too carefull nowadys

over a year ago

Thanks for that, hubby and I have both changed ours now

xx

over a year ago

"Yeah, I got loads of delievery faliure messages for junk mail last week, assumed someone had got in and changed my password... Didn't know it was hapening to other people too!"

That's an old trick - it's junk mail that hasn't been sent from your account, it is being sent to your account by a spammer but designed to look like a delivery failure report. Often comes with a nice attachment for you to open, which many people do because they want to know what it is that has been sent from their account.

over a year ago

Just heard it is only accounts that have a username that begins with A or B. Also it's only accounts that have replied to an email asking for details. But best to be safe than sorry so probably best to change them.

over a year ago

"Yeah, I got loads of delievery faliure messages for junk mail last week, assumed someone had got in and changed my password... Didn't know it was hapening to other people too!

That's an old trick - it's junk mail that hasn't been sent from your account, it is being sent to your account by a spammer but designed to look like a delivery failure report. Often comes with a nice attachment for you to open, which many people do because they want to know what it is that has been sent from their account."

These ones didn't, and seemed to stop when I changed the password... Strange?

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

you do realise that some could be sitting there writting down everone on site who say they will change there password, and then go look see who says they don't do msn on their profiles lol,,,,,,

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"you do realise that some could be sitting there writting down everone on site who say they will change there password, and then go look see who says they don't do msn on their profiles lol,,,,,, "

Yep thats a good point

over a year ago

"you do realise that some could be sitting there writting down everone on site who say they will change there password, and then go look see who says they don't do msn on their profiles lol,,,,,, "

I doubt it, it's all done by computers which often go through whole dictionaries to match words in your password.

Post new Message to Thread