Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Day off

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well we had a fab weekend with friday off work and today too .... what do you do with random days off work? stuff around the house? meets? or just laze about?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *antsanddorsetMan
over a year ago

southampton

"Well we had a fab weekend with friday off work and today too .... what do you do with random days off work? stuff around the house? meets? or just laze about? "

usually use them to catch up on sleep and odds and ends in life that have piled up over the last few months.. also depends a bit on the weather

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"Well we had a fab weekend with friday off work and today too .... what do you do with random days off work? stuff around the house? meets? or just laze about? "

for me my day starts with a search of the internet job sites, then a bit of light house work, then coffee toast and anothe look on the job sites, a little washing or ironing, more coffee and maybe a walk into the shops, back home and another search of the job site's, interspursed with a visit to fabs for some light entertainment and then back to the job search, how wonderful is my life lol

over a year ago

"Well we had a fab weekend with friday off work and today too .... what do you do with random days off work? stuff around the house? meets? or just laze about?

for me my day starts with a search of the internet job sites, then a bit of light house work, then coffee toast and anothe look on the job sites, a little washing or ironing, more coffee and maybe a walk into the shops, back home and another search of the job site's, interspursed with a visit to fabs for some light entertainment and then back to the job search, how wonderful is my life lol "

Sounds like a typical housewife lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Well we had a fab weekend with friday off work and today too .... what do you do with random days off work? stuff around the house? meets? or just laze about?

for me my day starts with a search of the internet job sites, then a bit of light house work, then coffee toast and anothe look on the job sites, a little washing or ironing, more coffee and maybe a walk into the shops, back home and another search of the job site's, interspursed with a visit to fabs for some light entertainment and then back to the job search, how wonderful is my life lol "

.....i'll give you a JOB..

over a year ago

Day off today and i am on here

By *antsanddorsetMan
over a year ago

southampton

"Day off today and i am on here "

the Devil makes work for idle hands

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

for me my day starts with a search of the internet job sites, then a bit of light house work, then coffee toast and anothe look on the job sites, a little washing or ironing, more coffee and maybe a walk into the shops, back home and another search of the job site's, interspursed with a visit to fabs for some light entertainment and then back to the job search, how wonderful is my life lol

.....i'll give you a JOB.. "

ok whats the catch lol, an offer that good just has to have a catch lol

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

only 6 more days off for me then I'm back in the ranks of the employed YIPEE!!!!

over a year ago

"Day off today and i am on here

the Devil makes work for idle hands "

A day off and idle hands ... put them to good use I say

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"only 6 more days off for me then I'm back in the ranks of the employed YIPEE!!!!"

congratulations and good luck

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"only 6 more days off for me then I'm back in the ranks of the employed YIPEE!!!!

congratulations and good luck "

Thanks m8

By *antsanddorsetMan
over a year ago

southampton

"Day off today and i am on here

the Devil makes work for idle hands

A day off and idle hands ... put them to good use I say "

yes but then I wouldnt get any work done...when I work from home I have a rule.. keep an eye on the forums to make the day intersting - but no playing.. otherwise the day goes all to hell!

over a year ago

"only 6 more days off for me then I'm back in the ranks of the employed YIPEE!!!!

Thanks m8"

I second that ... good luck

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

Thanks m8

I second that ... good luck "

Thank you too

gonna mean living away from home for a while but hey beggars can't be choosers lol

over a year ago

Thanks m8

Thank you too

gonna mean living away from home for a while but hey beggars can't be choosers lol"

Paul worked away for 18 months when the kids were young which was very hard for us both .... weekends were fun though

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

Thanks m8

Thank you too

gonna mean living away from home for a while but hey beggars can't be choosers lol

Paul worked away for 18 months when the kids were young which was very hard for us both .... weekends were fun though "

I've done it before, when our kids were young too, and at least I will be able to get home at weekends and if really necessary during the week (only a 400 mile round trip!) which is far easier than when I was working in Russia

over a year ago

ok whats the catch lol, an offer that good just has to have a catch lol "

...like i saiD ''i'll give you a job.....i got some painting ,washing up...ironing....lol....oh you thought i meant a ..JOB !!!!..XXXX

over a year ago

I'm on an enforced day off ! Lying in bed with a temp and swollen glands

Too poorly to even think about playing and thats just not right lol

Will look forward to being made to smile by you lot though, you always manage to brighten my day xx xx

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

ok whats the catch lol, an offer that good just has to have a catch lol ...like i saiD ''i'll give you a job.....i got some painting ,washing up...ironing....lol....oh you thought i meant a ..JOB !!!!..XXXX"

work is work as long as the pay is good and the hours aren't to long lol

over a year ago

I had a day off yesterday so came into work LOL

over a year ago

Ok for some having a day off. Think Mondays should become part of the weekend to make it a 3 dayer.

over a year ago

We now have to spend our day off sorting out a mac code from aol .... ringing sky and generally messing about with that sort of stuff .. grrrrrr!

Post new Message to Thread