Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Talk to me about waterbeds

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've always had a fascination with waterbeds although I've never actually slept in one. Are they any good for sleeping, sexytime, building a fort or pretending you're on the QE2?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I've slept in one once... Just sleeping, not playing..

Although when I say slept, I didn't get much sleep. Didn't find it in the slightest bit comfortable

By *lipperyWhenWet!Couple
over a year ago

Rochester

Interested in this one, would like to try a few things out on one!

Looking forward to any replies.

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

can't believe how uncomfortable they are, plus a slight feeling of nausea, akin to sea-sickness

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

had a water bed few yrs ago ,,not vry comfy ,felt sickly if played lol ,,had a party n sum silly girl ran across it in high heel shoes n it burst floodin the flat below me wasnt funny at the time ,,but had a laugh few mnths later ,n wot a dishy fireman 2 pump waterout ,pity he was gay

over a year ago

"I've slept in one once... Just sleeping, not playing..

Although when I say slept, I didn't get much sleep. Didn't find it in the slightest bit comfortable"

Same for me its more of a gimmick rather than a comfortable sleeping option as I see it.

over a year ago

they didnt catch on for a reason. Too wobbly. And definitely no good for playing. Need something firm to get back thrust on. Air beds are slightly better for sleeping on in emergency/camping as long as fully pressured.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I imagine it like this.....

Im all comfy and floaty,Rob jumps in and I fly up in the air!

over a year ago

I had one many years ago - 2m x 2m and a basic bladder contained within a very solid wooden base.

I had it for around three years and only did not keep it cos I sold the house and the new owner wanted it.

It supports your body very naturally and the heating makes for a cozy nights sleep. Two up! you do feel the other persons every movement but you soon get used to it.

Things have moved on a great deal with water beds since then and you can get them baffled to suppress the water movement.

All in all i would say - exotic, different and sensual when you get to "ride the wave!"

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I can feel sea-sick in my own standard bed, I'd hate to think how I would feel on a waterbed

over a year ago

Been on one and did not like it, too wobbly!

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

We had a water bed it had baffels in it so was pretty solid. was like sleepin on a big hot water bottle. I put a finger nails through it. I think !! it developed a leak one november night got into bed was like a water bottle had burst .. every thing was soaked. It holds at least 6 bathfuls of water we were concerned the ceilng would fall in ..AKA corrie. so hubby went into front garden at past midnight and we drained it with a hose pipe out the window

got a new mattress and started again. to be honest in all the years we had it we didnt have sex.. knees would bottom out onto the base was too uncomfortable.. But it was lovely to sleep on. I have a normal bed now and I like it better .

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Also if the heater goes the water gets soooo cold and the chill goes right through the body. even if you put blankets on the mattress that is just nasty

we have the solid pine base if you want it .. just buy a mattress and heater to go with it. 5' 3''x7' approx . its pretty big.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Also if the heater goes the water gets soooo cold and the chill goes right through the body. even if you put blankets on the mattress that is just nasty

we have the solid pine base if you want it .. just buy a mattress and heater to go with it. 5' 3''x7' approx . its pretty big."

A cold bed sounds good to me, at least until the menopause is over!

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Never tried one but all I can imagine is corrie from years ago with reg whats his face and his lady friend trying to get it on and it bursting.

Also I reckon I'd probably get seasick

over a year ago

"I imagine it like this.....

Im all comfy and floaty,Rob jumps in and I fly up in the air!"

ha ha ha benny hill springs to mind, i did play on 1 once didn't like it, couldn,t keep a rhythm going, we finish on the floor

over a year ago

No good cos one prick and its gushin everywhere

over a year ago

I've had one for years now, its big, heated and stabilized. I love it. Great for sex and very comfortable, I wouldn't be without it.

By *ukkakecoupleukCouple
over a year ago

horsham

i have had a waterbed since 1986 on my 5th different one now .cannot sleep on anything else.so comfortable and heated moulds to your entire body.my one is round 9ft .mine being mr .mrs has a single normal i know what i would rather sleep on .all i can say is try one and you will never go back

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

[Removed by poster at 29/11/12 23:50:02]

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

didnt think water beds exsisted these days!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Is it wrong to say that I think Blackspice should let people test drive his?

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

"Is it wrong to say that I think Blackspice should let people test drive his?"

Noooooo, I reckon we should!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I had a friend with one and you had to anticipate the wave! Made for interesting rhythm!

Was comfy and cosy for lying on, just not so great for athletic fun. Guess they've improved since with baffles and stuff.

over a year ago

Not pissed the bed since I was 3..... Oh wait, I've gone and and got the thread wrong haven't I

Ermmmm well yeah water beds are cool ermmm right well I need to be somewhere right now so yeah

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"i have had a waterbed since 1986 on my 5th different one now .cannot sleep on anything else.so comfortable and heated moulds to your entire body.my one is round 9ft .mine being mr .mrs has a single normal i know what i would rather sleep on .all i can say is try one and you will never go back

"

Just wanted to check I read that right: you have a nine foot circular waterbed. And your wife has a standard single bed.

Surely a big fancy bed is no fun if your honey dislikes it enough to sleep elsewhere!

over a year ago

"Is it wrong to say that I think Blackspice should let people test drive his?"

Test drives are available but terms and conditions apply!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thats it, I'm getting a waterbed.

By *ukkakecoupleukCouple
over a year ago

horsham

"i have had a waterbed since 1986 on my 5th different one now .cannot sleep on anything else.so comfortable and heated moulds to your entire body.my one is round 9ft .mine being mr .mrs has a single normal i know what i would rather sleep on .all i can say is try one and you will never go back

Just wanted to check I read that right: you have a nine foot circular waterbed. And your wife has a standard single bed.

Surely a big fancy bed is no fun if your honey dislikes it enough to sleep elsewhere! "

haha no my wife is at home where i live with the 9ft bed .my girl on here is at her house and it is she who has the single lol

over a year ago

Don't like waterbeds, as I prefer my mattress to be firm and not wobbly.

over a year ago

"I've always had a fascination with waterbeds although I've never actually slept in one. Are they any good for sleeping, sexytime, building a fort or pretending you're on the QE2? "

They are fun, a novelty, a gimmick and I have enjoyed the occasions I have slept in one bur less so for play as you struggle a little more for balance.

Sleeping wise they are heated so you have a constant temperature.

Would I buy one? No not for every day use but if I was given one free I would put it in the spare room.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Is it wrong to say that I think Blackspice should let people test drive his?

Test drives are available but terms and conditions apply!"

I'm happy to read the small print.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Test drives are available but terms and conditions apply!"

Wahoooooo!! ive only ever been on one in a shop fully clothed

I hope the terms and conditions include nakedness!

over a year ago

I'm happy to read the small print."

Now come on, small print is small for a reason. You're not supposed to read it! You need to take a leap of faith with this test drive and leave yourself open to a fair few surprises!

over a year ago

Wahoooooo!! ive only ever been on one in a shop fully clothed

I hope the terms and conditions include nakedness!

Oh that's a prerequisite. It's the only to test that the temperature is a perfect match for body temperature on entry.

That wonderful feeling of entry and re-entry and re-entry and re-entry and re......well you get the idea. It's an important part of the test drive.

"

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I'm happy to read the small print.

Now come on, small print is small for a reason. You're not supposed to read it! You need to take a leap of faith with this test drive and leave yourself open to a fair few surprises! "

As long as I am indemnified against accidental damage.

over a year ago

"I've always had a fascination with waterbeds although I've never actually slept in one. Are they any good for sleeping, sexytime, building a fort or pretending you're on the QE2? "

Only once and never again it was terrible.

Post new Message to Thread