Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Women's Terrible Profiles Rant!

Jump to newest

By *ohnjones3210 OP   Man
over a year ago

Chester

So, I've been on here on and off for years... It's just occurred to me how terrible women's profiles generally are.

I'm not saying that mens aren't as I wouldn't know, but generally speaking, women's profiles really are terrible.

I was looking last night and over half were completely empty with just "Msg me" or "Xxx".

Last week, I messaged a woman who had such a profile, I got a response but after about 2 exchanges, I then messaged her back; "Hey, I'm sorry but there's absolutely nothing in your profile for me to go on, but it was nice chatting with you anyway. Good luck!". That was a bit shitty of me I guess, but that's what I said.

It's so hard to continue a conversation though when the woman has no material in her profile, yet really, it's expected that the man will sort of be able to strike up and maintain a conversation from nothing!

Then you have the flip side; women who have nothing but a massive list of "DO NOTs" on their profile! I don't even message those ones!

It's just got me thinking "No wonder men don't try!".

End of rant.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Haha I like this guy

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not just women...Men and couples do it too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You can't win really

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Haha I like this guy"

Lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You can't win really "

Nope, you certainly can't

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You can't win really

Nope, you certainly can't"

Winning

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I keep meaning to rewrite mine but never get round to it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is this one of those 'ironic' posts

If not, it should be

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sounds like you have issues with women, try to remember that women are individuals and not to generalise the whole sex based on a few assumptions you’ve concocted.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

All of you so far have ok/good profiles.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

Mine turned into an essay. Really must rehash it soon

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Sounds like you have issues with women, try to remember that women are individuals and not to generalise the whole sex based on a few assumptions you’ve concocted. "

Lol, yes, that's me all over!

Reply privately

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

Great rant

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

" "

Got one!!! Got one!!! Right! Up against the wall!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/06/20 10:18:35]

Reply privately

By *hat BlokeMan
over a year ago

Harrogate

Creating a conversation out of thin air is one of the hardest things to pull off. Then avoiding the minefield of (potentially) offensive questions or statements just adds that extra level of difficulty to the whole endeavour.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nah this is one of those posts which really is true.

I hear you op, I ignore the ones which are full of "do nots" also, and struggle with the lack of actual info.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sounds like you have issues with women, try to remember that women are individuals and not to generalise the whole sex based on a few assumptions you’ve concocted.

Lol, yes, that's me all over!"

35 and he still uses lol, I’m embarrassed for you

Reply privately

over a year ago

You ok hun? Everything alright at home, Karen?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Mine turned into an essay. Really must rehash it soon "

Yours has more than two sentences! It doesn't qualify!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Female privilege lol get over it guys

Reply privately

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

"So, I've been on here on and off for years... It's just occurred to me how terrible women's profiles generally are.

I'm not saying that mens aren't as I wouldn't know, but generally speaking, women's profiles really are terrible.

I was looking last night and over half were completely empty with just "Msg me" or "Xxx".

Last week, I messaged a woman who had such a profile, I got a response but after about 2 exchanges, I then messaged her back; "Hey, I'm sorry but there's absolutely nothing in your profile for me to go on, but it was nice chatting with you anyway. Good luck!". That was a bit shitty of me I guess, but that's what I said.

It's so hard to continue a conversation though when the woman has no material in her profile, yet really, it's expected that the man will sort of be able to strike up and maintain a conversation from nothing!

Then you have the flip side; women who have nothing but a massive list of "DO NOTs" on their profile! I don't even message those ones!

End of rant. "

But you were most probably talking to a man!!

Jo

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Great rant "

Thanks! Ha!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Nah this is one of those posts which really is true.

I hear you op, I ignore the ones which are full of "do nots" also, and struggle with the lack of actual info. "

Way it isn't it mate! We should all band together and ignore the shit profiles in mass.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You're absolutely right OP.

My profile is rubbish, I deleted the content with the intention of updating it and then I lost interest.

Proud owner of a lazy profile here

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So, I've been on here on and off for years... It's just occurred to me how terrible women's profiles generally are.

End of rant.

Jo"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Sounds like you have issues with women, try to remember that women are individuals and not to generalise the whole sex based on a few assumptions you’ve concocted.

35 and he still uses lol, I’m embarrassed for you "

Lol, mate! You're totes right dude! What a sick comment!

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Reply privately

over a year ago

End of rant.

Jo"

This is true

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"You ok hun? Everything alright at home, Karen?

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm Way older than him and I use lol...

Reply privately

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I haven’t found much of a problem with women that use the forum, but when I do a local search there are probably more than half of women’s profiles that are blank or one line.

However I don’t look at men’s profiles so got no idea if they’re different (probably not) and also it’s a handy filter - if someone doesn’t put any effort into their profile, I’m not sure there’ll be much interest if we were to meet

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Female privilege lol get over it guys "

You're right! "We don't need to! You should just chase!"

Reply privately

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

"I keep meaning to rewrite mine but never get round to it. "

Same here, even when I go to, I think fuck it, it ain’t done much for me up to now... if ppl go on veries then mine say more than I could write about myself ....

Reply privately

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I done this rant about men and got slated for "inviting" the creeps and weirdoes. So I hid everything and got even more creepy messages. not sure what the answer is. but yes I'm guilty of telling people I don't like 'empty' profiles

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"You're absolutely right OP.

My profile is rubbish, I deleted the content with the intention of updating it and then I lost interest.

Proud owner of a lazy profile here "

Haha! Get it sorted!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? "

No, it’s impossible, one side is next to the wall

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm Way older than him and I use lol... "

My parents are mid 50s and do. I wouldn't worry .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol, mate! You're totes right dude! What a sick comment!"

What a try hard

Reply privately

over a year ago

In all fairness I don’t think that this phenomenon is limited to any one particular group.

I can get why it’s sometimes helpful to mention some dislikes, I mean who wants to waste time coming up with clever small talk if it was never going to happen for whatever reason in the first place, I have a few of my own but it’s a fine balance between that and a full blown DO NOT list. I hope I’m on the right side of that and not a hypocrite

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? "

I know, I'm usually very chilled out. Lack of sleep and covers got twisted.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm Way older than him and I use lol... "

Do you think it’s stands for ‘lots of love’ ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

READ MY PROFILE OR I'LL BLOCK YOU, HAHAHAHA....

Yeah, that's all it says....

Reply privately

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

End of rant. "

OP...are you sure that these female profiles were actually women?

Reply privately

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Do you think it’s stands for ‘lots of love’ ? "

i use 'lol' to express in text I find what they or I wrote is funny. lol: laugh out loud

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not changing mine, its written to attract a certain type of man. My Do's and Don's are to stop me getting bombarded and the same questions asked of me. Just because its fab doesn't mean we don't all have a particular thing we are after.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I haven’t found much of a problem with women that use the forum, but when I do a local search there are probably more than half of women’s profiles that are blank or one line.

However I don’t look at men’s profiles so got no idea if they’re different (probably not) and also it’s a handy filter - if someone doesn’t put any effort into their profile, I’m not sure there’ll be much interest if we were to meet"

To be honest there's a similar pattern. Men who regularly use the forums seem to have better quality profiles. However the majority of the men on here have either blank profiles, "fill in later" or a single line about looking for fun or something. I wish there was a search filter to exclude empty profiles sometimes.

Reply privately

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

End of rant.

OP...are you sure that these female profiles were actually women?"

More than likely a woman. It's something I would write. I never met a man to say that. They don't seem to bothered about the details. As most don't even ask me for a face photo. lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s a bit of a generalisation and in my experience, it’s rare if anyone actually reads my profile. Since like lockdown, I’ve reduced the information in my bio and I will re-write it once this is over. The fact you do get a response from woman is a win and what’s wrong with asking questions, through the exchange of messages. Another point is that, don’t presume what someone has written in the bio is true, anything can me written and a lot can be left out . Have fun getting to know someone xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do you think it’s stands for ‘lots of love’ ? "

No I don't why?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe the people who write nothing are in fact the clever ones. Because 90% of the people that message us don’t pay a blind bit of notice to what we’ve written anyway lol

Reply privately

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I haven’t found much of a problem with women that use the forum, but when I do a local search there are probably more than half of women’s profiles that are blank or one line.

However I don’t look at men’s profiles so got no idea if they’re different (probably not) and also it’s a handy filter - if someone doesn’t put any effort into their profile, I’m not sure there’ll be much interest if we were to meet

To be honest there's a similar pattern. Men who regularly use the forums seem to have better quality profiles. However the majority of the men on here have either blank profiles, "fill in later" or a single line about looking for fun or something. I wish there was a search filter to exclude empty profiles sometimes. "

They have this filter on other sites where you have filters for people who have empty profile bio so it seems to be possible.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"In all fairness I don’t think that this phenomenon is limited to any one particular group.

I can get why it’s sometimes helpful to mention some dislikes, I mean who wants to waste time coming up with clever small talk if it was never going to happen for whatever reason in the first place, I have a few of my own but it’s a fine balance between that and a full blown DO NOT list. I hope I’m on the right side of that and not a hypocrite "

Your profile is interesting!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"I'm not changing mine, its written to attract a certain type of man. My Do's and Don's are to stop me getting bombarded and the same questions asked of me. Just because its fab doesn't mean we don't all have a particular thing we are after. "

Yours is good.

Reply privately

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"It’s a bit of a generalisation and in my experience, it’s rare if anyone actually reads my profile. Since like lockdown, I’ve reduced the information in my bio and I will re-write it once this is over. The fact you do get a response from woman is a win and what’s wrong with asking questions, through the exchange of messages. Another point is that, don’t presume what someone has written in the bio is true, anything can me written and a lot can be left out . Have fun getting to know someone xx"

I reduced my bio info because I got accused of coming about bratty and self-centred. As people say, noone really reads profiles anyways. But I must add I don't think I am self centred but definitely particular what I want, so can come across bratty.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Maybe the people who write nothing are in fact the clever ones. Because 90% of the people that message us don’t pay a blind bit of notice to what we’ve written anyway lol "

Haha, probably right! Why bother when men don't read it.

Reply privately

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

End of rant. "

I would suggest you shouldn't let things of such insignificance bother you so much. If you don't like a profile on here just pass it by, you can even block so you don't see it ever again

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I've written my new one which is tailored to attract the type of man I am looking for atm

Coupled with status updates the gems tend to shine through the pebbles

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

End of rant.

I would suggest you shouldn't let things of such insignificance bother you so much. If you don't like a profile on here just pass it by, you can even block so you don't see it ever again "

It doesn't bother me. I just fancied having a whinge this morning.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"I've written my new one which is tailored to attract the type of man I am looking for atm

Coupled with status updates the gems tend to shine through the pebbles "

Awwww! A poemfile!!! Cute.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I seem to attract the men who don’t read my profile at all so often despair...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mine possibly has too much in it but I'm pretty sure most guys just look at the photos anyway

Reply privately

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

"Mine possibly has too much in it but I'm pretty sure most guys just look at the photos anyway "

Fair point

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I seem to attract the men who don’t read my profile at all so often despair... "

Cue a 5’2” tee total accountant pinging into your inbox with a 2 word message “How You”. Probably with a dick pic attached. Followed by an abusive message immediately after u delete without reply

Oh the joys of Fab hahaha

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I seem to attract the men who don’t read my profile at all so often despair...

Cue a 5’2” tee total accountant pinging into your inbox with a 2 word message “How You”. Probably with a dick pic attached. Followed by an abusive message immediately after u delete without reply

Oh the joys of Fab hahaha"

It was meant to be a thigh pic

Reply privately

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Dunno why anyone would message a profile they didn't like, but rantin' is my kink so good rantin'.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

O.P.

The sky behind the horsies is sublime.

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I'm definitely guilty of a rubbish profile. It says nothing (even when not hidden) and yet I still ge the copy and paste type messages that say "loved your profile" etc....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm definitely guilty of a rubbish profile. It says nothing (even when not hidden) and yet I still ge the copy and paste type messages that say "loved your profile" etc.... "

Wow I just had a look, u sound like u like the same things as us

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"I seem to attract the men who don’t read my profile at all so often despair... "

Aww, sorry to hear that!

Reply privately

over a year ago

You're not wrong. Its a proportion of ALL people with sorely lacking profiles and message methods.

I'll get messages off hot women, couples, men (used too) where I can drool over pictures but there's sweet F.A in their profiles. Or the message was "hi babe".

Sometimes it's genuinely painful after looking at their pretty photos but my blanket response based on lack of effort applied is sorry, you're not for me

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"I seem to attract the men who don’t read my profile at all so often despair...

Oh the joys of Fab hahaha"

Haha!

Reply privately

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

End of rant. "

Yeah they are but they can get away with it, don't hate the player hate the game.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"O.P.

The sky behind the horsies is sublime."

Thanks!

Near my house, there is a field with horsies. That particular day, the sky was weird.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"You're not wrong. Its a proportion of ALL people with sorely lacking profiles and message methods.

I'll get messages off hot women, couples, men (used too) where I can drool over pictures but there's sweet F.A in their profiles. Or the message was "hi babe".

Sometimes it's genuinely painful after looking at their pretty photos but my blanket response based on lack of effort applied is sorry, you're not for me "

Yes, the sad reality of fab.

Reply privately

over a year ago

End of rant. "

Tbh it doesnt matter what a woman writes on her profile or even couples because 9/10 people dont read them and still message anyway. I deleted my bio for the exact reason.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

End of rant. Tbh it doesnt matter what a woman writes on her profile or even couples because 9/10 people dont read them and still message anyway. I deleted my bio for the exact reason. "

Another one!!! Good job I'm not in power!!!

Reply privately

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

Who doesn’t like a bit of sunday morning rant!

Go on OP, don’t hold back x

Reply privately

over a year ago

End of rant. Tbh it doesnt matter what a woman writes on her profile or even couples because 9/10 people dont read them and still message anyway. I deleted my bio for the exact reason.

Another one!!! Good job I'm not in power!!! "

As I said no point in writing one anymore especially while we arent looking to meet.

Reply privately

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

This is why i left the “just here to perve cock” bit in mine.

It’s an ice breaker

Reply privately

over a year ago

End of rant. Tbh it doesnt matter what a woman writes on her profile or even couples because 9/10 people dont read them and still message anyway. I deleted my bio for the exact reason.

Another one!!! Good job I'm not in power!!! As I said no point in writing one anymore especially while we arent looking to meet."

Profile info or non we still get lots of lovely messages plus we cant be accused of ranting with our rules Haha xx

Reply privately

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

The thing is though you don't need a profile text to strike up and maintain a conversation - yes it might help break the ice initially but as with "normal" life some people the conversation is a polite "Hi how are you?" and nothing more, others the conversation just flows naturally and easily and before you know it you're revealing life stories and stuff.

I use message flow as a good filter as to whether there's likely to be a connection and a chemistry enough to want to meet someone - sometimes it falters and fizzles out and so be it, sometimes it just flows and away you go.

I actually rarely read profiles more than once, and usually don't use them for cues for what to talk about once we have started talking.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Who doesn’t like a bit of sunday morning rant!

Go on OP, don’t hold back x "

Don't tempt me! Ha!

Reply privately

By *ersnickety PantsWoman
over a year ago

Club Meets Only

Not many men read profiles anyway. I'm hoping my lack of profile deters most

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mines shite, doesn't stop people from messaging... Or telling me they liked my profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not many men read profiles anyway. I'm hoping my lack of profile deters most "
dont hold your breath. It never happens x

Reply privately

over a year ago

And if you want a rant here you go why the hell do men message saying hi I love your profile when theres nothing to read lol. Why not just say love looking at your pics. We arent daft you know

Reply privately

over a year ago

Two more things worthy of a rant perhaps OP. Messages from people who have hidden their profile? Messages from people who have then blocked you before you’ve even messaged back? WTF?

Reply privately

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

Don't tempt me! Ha!"

Reply privately

By *attooBBWWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

It is a hard balance. My pet peev is ‘fill in later’ on a profile, especially when the profile is like 6 months old!

I think mine started with as a good sort of introduction, but then the asshole contingent of fab caused me to add more of the ‘don’t’ content. For all it was bloody worth!!!

My profile makes me sound like a right grumpy cow, but I’m actually extremely laid back and chilled. Funny what fab does to you

Reply privately

By *siancouplehantsCouple
over a year ago

K-PAX

We as a couple mostly get messages from men and they are no different not saying there is no good profiles out there but just a observation

Reply privately

over a year ago

Club Meets Only

"Not many men read profiles anyway. I'm hoping my lack of profile deters most dont hold your breath. It never happens x"

I know, its never more obvious than when you detail your type & get messages from those who couldn't be further from it x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is a hard balance. My pet peev is ‘fill in later’ on a profile, especially when the profile is like 6 months old!

I think mine started with as a good sort of introduction, but then the asshole contingent of fab caused me to add more of the ‘don’t’ content. For all it was bloody worth!!!

My profile makes me sound like a right grumpy cow, but I’m actually extremely laid back and chilled. Funny what fab does to you "

This is the thing! All the 'don't' listed things are things related to the plonkers that won't read the list anyway....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haha

I actually enjoy reading some of those ones though! Don't hold back

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not many men read profiles anyway. I'm hoping my lack of profile deters most dont hold your breath. It never happens x

I know, its never more obvious than when you detail your type & get messages from those who couldn't be further from it x"

I know but God loves a tryer so they say lol. X

Reply privately

By *siancouplehantsCouple
over a year ago

K-PAX

Not boasting here but we get almost a 100 messages a day from men and maybe 2 or 3 read our profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Two more things worthy of a rant perhaps OP. Messages from people who have hidden their profile? Messages from people who have then blocked you before you’ve even messaged back? WTF?"

They're classics!

Reply privately

By *attooBBWWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"It is a hard balance. My pet peev is ‘fill in later’ on a profile, especially when the profile is like 6 months old!

My profile makes me sound like a right grumpy cow, but I’m actually extremely laid back and chilled. Funny what fab does to you

This is the thing! All the 'don't' listed things are things related to the plonkers that won't read the list anyway.... "

This is soooo true!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

Don't tempt me! Ha!

"

Haha, cheeky!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I usually don't bother messaging someone with a blank profile.

One of my peeves is that I like to read profiles and like interesting people.

Some people are great to have a chat with. Some are hard work and don't add to the conversation.

I usually give up if the conversation isn't flowing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mines turned in to a bit if a essay now but people don't even read it half the time so makes no difference

Reply privately

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

"Not boasting here but we get almost a 100 messages a day from men and maybe 2 or 3 read our profile "

I find similar with women.

I get plenty of messages from women who haven't read my profile, experience has taught me to now ask early on in the convo if they have read my profile or not. I would say of the ones who message around 90% haven't read it.

Reply privately

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"Mines turned in to a bit if a essay now but people don't even read it half the time so makes no difference "

I don’t think it’s an essay at all, it seems to be as long as is needed.

As for why some men don’t read it: words or boobs, which will they choose?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"I usually don't bother messaging someone with a blank profile.

One of my peeves is that I like to read profiles and like interesting people.

Some people are great to have a chat with. Some are hard work and don't add to the conversation.

I usually give up if the conversation isn't flowing.

"

I'm exactly the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyway OP are you happy that you have got it all of your chest

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Mines turned in to a bit if a essay now but people don't even read it half the time so makes no difference "

Some do read them. I do.

Reply privately

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

Looks good to me

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Anyway OP are you happy that you have got it all of your chest "

Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better now thanks. It was either this or smashing glass bottles. You have to tidy up after glass and that's inconvenient. So yes, I'm happy now. Thanks everyone.

Reply privately

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

Mines a bit of a rant .... I sound like a moody bitch .... not true though.... I’m a little ray of sunshine ha ha

Reply privately

By *omesticflightMan
over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

Yep, gets me down too.

I don't see why the consensus is towards blank profiles. I take my cue from okcupid, people tend to give far fuller accounts of themselves. Whereas here its largely a 50kb photo and "DON'T MESSAGE IF.."

Reply privately

over a year ago

so if you meet someone in a bar and they don't have a list of topics for conversation attached to them, do you just walk away as its too hard to keep a conversation going?

deciding not to converse because you get nothing but crappy one word replies i completely understand but to say they haven’t given you enough on the profile to go on to carry a conversation actually says more about your conversation skills than their profile

Reply privately

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

End of rant. "

I have also been on here for many years. Initially my profile had very little, then it became a list of don’ts that most people ignored. I think it’s quite a good balance now, but I don’t necessarily judge others by theirs. It depends more on the conversation flow.

“Will fill this in later” when they have been on the site for over a few months suggests laziness, not something I am interested in when selecting a sexual partner of either sex.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You're just meant to look at the pretty pictures and let your cock do the talking. All these words needed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Mines a bit of a rant .... I sound like a moody bitch .... not true though.... I’m a little ray of sunshine ha ha "

I read until BBC. But at least you have a good profile with text.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Anyway OP are you happy that you have got it all of your chest

Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better now thanks. It was either this or smashing glass bottles. You have to tidy up after glass and that's inconvenient. So yes, I'm happy now. Thanks everyone."

Haha good I'm glad and its safer than smashing glass

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"so if you meet someone in a bar and they don't have a list of topics for conversation attached to them, do you just walk away as its too hard to keep a conversation going?

deciding not to converse because you get nothing but crappy one word replies i completely understand but to say they haven’t given you enough on the profile to go on to carry a conversation actually says more about your conversation skills than their profile "

Yes, if we were in a bar, talking through an app such as this!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"You're just meant to look at the pretty pictures and let your cock do the talking. All these words needed. "

Haha! I've been doing to wrong for years.

Reply privately

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

It's a tricky one. You can either write too much or too little.

More men leave blank than not, in my experience.

Women tend to fill in their profile more than men from what I've seen...but then get accused of being picky, divas or of having a superiority complex!!

I've tried to write mine to save incompatible men from wasting their time..it doesn't work however because nobody seems to read it!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better now thanks. It was either this or smashing glass bottles. You have to tidy up after glass and that's inconvenient. So yes, I'm happy now. Thanks everyone. Haha good I'm glad and its safer than smashing glass "

It is! The feeling isn't quite the same though. You know the "Ooooophhhhh" feeling you get when that glass bottle shatters against a wall?!? Ha!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The thing is though you don't need a profile text to strike up and maintain a conversation - yes it might help break the ice initially but as with "normal" life some people the conversation is a polite "Hi how are you?" and nothing more, others the conversation just flows naturally and easily and before you know it you're revealing life stories and stuff.

I use message flow as a good filter as to whether there's likely to be a connection and a chemistry enough to want to meet someone - sometimes it falters and fizzles out and so be it, sometimes it just flows and away you go.

I actually rarely read profiles more than once, and usually don't use them for cues for what to talk about once we have started talking."

exactly this... its a shop window , if you dont like it don't venture in

but once your have it requires your effort too to have a look around, this isn't click and collect

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"It's a tricky one. You can either write too much or too little.

Women tend to fill in their profile more than men from what I've seen...but then get accused of being picky, divas or of having a superiority complex!!

I've tried to write mine to save incompatible men from wasting their time..it doesn't work however because nobody seems to read it!!!

"

People who do not write profiles should be punished. Dragged off and beaten I think.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better now thanks. It was either this or smashing glass bottles. You have to tidy up after glass and that's inconvenient. So yes, I'm happy now. Thanks everyone. Haha good I'm glad and its safer than smashing glass

It is! The feeling isn't quite the same though. You know the "Ooooophhhhh" feeling you get when that glass bottle shatters against a wall?!? Ha!"

I get that feeling when I block someone Haha x

Reply privately

over a year ago

People who do not write profiles should be punished. Dragged off and beaten I think."

I'm up for that if it involves being punished by the police....the power!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Surely the quality of the messages matter more than the profile? If I was having a good conversation with someone I certainly wouldn't stop it because their profile was blank? Similarly I don't need a list on a profile to get to know someone?

I had this on tinder previously, a list on a profile doesn't actually tell you anything other than what I've chosen to write in a list about me. I'd much rather get to know someone and they find out my likes and dislikes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A true post that has no doubt got you some stick from some but fair play. There will always be some men that message women just coz it says woman which I agree is frustrating. However to let those experiences dictate how you present yourself by putting lots of don'ts or leaving it blank does risk you missing out on a real gem of a person if not careful. I'm fairly understanding and patient but would be lying if I didn't get pissed of at times, espeically when you have to jump through so many hoops with some just to get ignored. If anyone has a well written profile, and written a couple of lines with a pic in a message regardless of gender I think a reply of no thank you is warranted, which is exactly what you would say in a bar, not just blank them.

Reply privately

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"so if you meet someone in a bar and they don't have a list of topics for conversation attached to them, do you just walk away as its too hard to keep a conversation going?

deciding not to converse because you get nothing but crappy one word replies i completely understand but to say they haven’t given you enough on the profile to go on to carry a conversation actually says more about your conversation skills than their profile

"

But this is what a lot of people seem to miss - why should talking through an app such as this be any different to talking to someone face to face, whether that be in a bar, at the office, down the park or anywhere?

It's still "conversation" even though it's in textual form, and it takes at least two people to have a conversation, so if you find it's not being maintained you accept that and move on, you shouldn't need a crib sheet of things to talk about to maintain one either.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

But this is what a lot of people seem to miss - why should talking through an app such as this be any different to talking to someone face to face, whether that be in a bar, at the office, down the park or anywhere?

It's still "conversation" even though it's in textual form, and it takes at least two people to have a conversation, so if you find it's not being maintained you accept that and move on, you shouldn't need a crib sheet of things to talk about to maintain one either."

No but you're unlikely to go into a bar with thousands of potential matches. On the internet, the sheer numbers mean you need some way of filtering who you talk to and many use profile text as one of these things and then it becomes frustrating when most are blank.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is what people always need to understand about being on a website like this there are always going to be decent women and there will always be decent guys unfortunately there is a lot of bitterness on websites like this, you've just got to take some people with a pinch of salt when I say something wrong straight away they will automatically block me before getting to know that person

Reply privately

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

My profile is short but I’m happy with the response I get, having a conversation and discovering what that person is like is more exciting than reading it.

Reply privately

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"

tbh I given up on profile writing. You don't gain too much apart from abit of information and plenty of photos and videos on your profile will get you better quality men. But you still get the chancers.

On a separate note, do you love your avatar lingerie? As I was thinking of getting it the other day

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Taken as a whole, the majority of profiles on fab are rather poor, regardless if it's men, women, couples, etc.

Women don't need to put effort into crafting a profile as they will always receive more attention than they can possibly cope with. Men on the other hand, need to make a serious effort to have any attention at all, and even then, most need to be very proactive to get any joy.

What I find amusing is when I see women ranting about the amount of crap messages when their profile is a lazy cop out with regards to effort. Perhaps they should consider that the discerning men might actually pass over a lazy profile in favour of one with a bit of effort?

As to men, enough has been said on this. Zero effort, crap profile = invisible and unsuccessful.

My motto is if you're going to do something, do it right. That requires effort.

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

End of rant. "

Why did you message her in the first place if her profile was of no interest to you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

It's still "conversation" even though it's in textual form, and it takes at least two people to have a conversation, so if you find it's not being maintained you accept that and move on, you shouldn't need a crib sheet of things to talk about to maintain one either."

Because it's a very very different situation.

In a club, I'd simply go up to a woman and say "Hi, I'm John! Wow, it's busy tonight! Have you been to such and such a place?"... That would work in a club but it wouldn't work here.

In a club, a woman doesn't get hundreds of men coming up to her, so it works there. Here, "Hey!" Simply doesn't work because women will just ignore.

A club is much much easier in my opinion. (If you're confident anyway).

It's a completely different thing.

Reply privately

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"A true post that has no doubt got you some stick from some but fair play. There will always be some men that message women just coz it says woman which I agree is frustrating. However to let those experiences dictate how you present yourself by putting lots of don'ts or leaving it blank does risk you missing out on a real gem of a person if not careful. I'm fairly understanding and patient but would be lying if I didn't get pissed of at times, espeically when you have to jump through so many hoops with some just to get ignored. If anyone has a well written profile, and written a couple of lines with a pic in a message regardless of gender I think a reply of no thank you is warranted, which is exactly what you would say in a bar, not just blank them."

Why let it piss you off if someone expects you to jump through hoops though? You don't know that person so it's very easy to move on to another who doesn't expect the same, or whose profile matches what you are looking for.

If you decide to jump through hoops, you disagree with, because a profile calls for you too then it suggests a level of desperation, and more fool you. If you decide not to jump through those hoops then I don't understand why it would piss you off?

As for replies to messages - yes it would be nice to get a reply, but site FAQs make it clear that no reply is acceptable as a polite no thank you and if ladies replied to every single message they received they'd be here all day doing so - yes in a bar it might not happen (although it can and does sometimes), but in a bar you don't get up to 100 guys or morr a day coming up to you either.

Reply privately

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"This is what people always need to understand about being on a website like this there are always going to be decent women and there will always be decent guys unfortunately there is a lot of bitterness on websites like this, you've just got to take some people with a pinch of salt when I say something wrong straight away they will automatically block me before getting to know that person "

I'm more about instant attraction as ultimately I am here to find someone to have sex with. If I am not physically attracted to their photos. (I want their photos to make my pussy throb abit) then what ever they write will not entice me. Photos first then bio. Or how they chat to me in the DM messages.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"Taken as a whole, the majority of profiles on fab are rather poor, regardless if it's men, women, couples, etc.

Women don't need to put effort into crafting a profile as they will always receive more attention than they can possibly cope with. Men on the other hand, need to make a serious effort to have any attention at all, and even then, most need to be very proactive to get any joy.

What I find amusing is when I see women ranting about the amount of crap messages when their profile is a lazy cop out with regards to effort. Perhaps they should consider that the discerning men might actually pass over a lazy profile in favour of one with a bit of effort?

As to men, enough has been said on this. Zero effort, crap profile = invisible and unsuccessful.

My motto is if you're going to do something, do it right. That requires effort."

I feel exactly the same way.

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Prefer to get to know someone by the things they choose to tell me , not the world

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"A true post that has no doubt got you some stick from some but fair play. There will always be some men that message women just coz it says woman which I agree is frustrating. However to let those experiences dictate how you present yourself by putting lots of don'ts or leaving it blank does risk you missing out on a real gem of a person if not careful. I'm fairly understanding and patient but would be lying if I didn't get pissed of at times, espeically when you have to jump through so many hoops with some just to get ignored. If anyone has a well written profile, and written a couple of lines with a pic in a message regardless of gender I think a reply of no thank you is warranted, which is exactly what you would say in a bar, not just blank them.

Why let it piss you off if someone expects you to jump through hoops though? You don't know that person so it's very easy to move on to another who doesn't expect the same, or whose profile matches what you are looking for.

If you decide to jump through hoops, you disagree with, because a profile calls for you too then it suggests a level of desperation, and more fool you. If you decide not to jump through those hoops then I don't understand why it would piss you off?

As for replies to messages - yes it would be nice to get a reply, but site FAQs make it clear that no reply is acceptable as a polite no thank you and if ladies replied to every single message they received they'd be here all day doing so - yes in a bar it might not happen (although it can and does sometimes), but in a bar you don't get up to 100 guys or morr a day coming up to you either."

It doesn't piss me off mate, I think you're reading into it too much.

Reply privately

By *alkdirty2meCouple
over a year ago

20 miles south of Edinburgh

End of rant. "

So you message the fake/bot profiles that have nothing or the “men, women & couples” line

But you block the women that have actually spent time to post exactly what they aren’t after

Seems like you proven your limitations as to reading a profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's still "conversation" even though it's in textual form, and it takes at least two people to have a conversation, so if you find it's not being maintained you accept that and move on, you shouldn't need a crib sheet of things to talk about to maintain one either.

No but you're unlikely to go into a bar with thousands of potential matches. On the internet, the sheer numbers mean you need some way of filtering who you talk to and many use profile text as one of these things and then it becomes frustrating when most are blank."

but the OP was referring to being a few messages in and being able to maintain a conversation , that initial filtering has already taken place and the conversation has started ... if he can’t keep it going then its not down to profile content, either the person he is messaging is just not interested or one or other of them has dull chat

Reply privately

over a year ago

I removed my profile details, the only don't on it was no dick pics. Didn't make any difference majority of guys don't read them anyway

Reply privately

over a year ago

My own summarisation of this thread including all comments is that it's all just a matter of opinion and judgment. One persons poor is anothers amazeballs. I think the OP was tongue in cheek and looking for some banter and giggles but lots of the comments of wisdom seem a bit snooty and high horsey/self promotional.... Sad times, innit lolol....

Reply privately

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

Because it's a very very different situation.

In a club, I'd simply go up to a woman and say "Hi, I'm John! Wow, it's busy tonight! Have you been to such and such a place?"... That would work in a club but it wouldn't work here.

In a club, a woman doesn't get hundreds of men coming up to her, so it works there. Here, "Hey!" Simply doesn't work because women will just ignore.

A club is much much easier in my opinion. (If you're confident anyway).

It's a completely different thing."

You've missed my point though - you might get an initial response from that "Hi, I'm John! Wow, it's busy tonight! Have you been to such and such a place?" - but to then maintain that conversation beyond that you don't need a crib sheet - it comes down to communication skills and a willingness to maintain the conversation by both people.

As my original reply further up said, profile text may help break the ice, but maintaining a conversation beyond that is the key and in that respect here or real life is no different and you don't need profile text or a crib sheet for either.

Reply privately

By *yantico86Man
over a year ago

drumchapel

Who are we to judge other people's profile the long list of don'ts is a good thing for me as I know where I stand

And the empty profile's keep me curious and I will send a message a lot of people are shy about sharing there life's on a site like this

I don't care as long a they have a pic I like then I'm interested

Have a wonderful day fabbers x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A true post that has no doubt got you some stick from some but fair play. There will always be some men that message women just coz it says woman which I agree is frustrating. However to let those experiences dictate how you present yourself by putting lots of don'ts or leaving it blank does risk you missing out on a real gem of a person if not careful. I'm fairly understanding and patient but would be lying if I didn't get pissed of at times, espeically when you have to jump through so many hoops with some just to get ignored. If anyone has a well written profile, and written a couple of lines with a pic in a message regardless of gender I think a reply of no thank you is warranted, which is exactly what you would say in a bar, not just blank them.

As for replies to messages - yes it would be nice to get a reply, but site FAQs make it clear that no reply is acceptable as a polite no thank you and if ladies replied to every single message they received they'd be here all day doing so - yes in a bar it might not happen (although it can and does sometimes), but in a bar you don't get up to 100 guys or morr a day coming up to you either."

the thing for me about replying is i regularly stick all filters in cause i just want to be online for forums, if i have sent anyone a no thanks reply they are then able to circumvent those filters ... so if i am not interested i just delete

Reply privately

over a year ago

Club Meets Only

"Not many men read profiles anyway. I'm hoping my lack of profile deters most dont hold your breath. It never happens x

I know, its never more obvious than when you detail your type & get messages from those who couldn't be further from it x I know but God loves a tryer so they say lol. X"

Unfortunately for them we aren't gods x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

End of rant.

So you message the fake/bot profiles that have nothing or the “men, women & couples” line

But you block the women that have actually spent time to post exactly what they aren’t after

Seems like you proven your limitations as to reading a profile "

I'm afraid there is some major misunderstanding;

I message fake/bot profiles? Do I? When?

I block women who spend time to post what they aren't after?!? What?!? I do?

You've proved your reading limitations also lol. What are you talking about?

Reply privately

over a year ago

As for replies to messages - yes it would be nice to get a reply, but site FAQs make it clear that no reply is acceptable as a polite no thank you and if ladies replied to every single message they received they'd be here all day doing so - yes in a bar it might not happen (although it can and does sometimes), but in a bar you don't get up to 100 guys or morr a day coming up to you either.

the thing for me about replying is i regularly stick all filters in cause i just want to be online for forums, if i have sent anyone a no thanks reply they are then able to circumvent those filters ... so if i am not interested i just delete "

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear, no issue if it's deleted that's clear to me as per FAQ, it's read no reply that winds me up, especially when they wink you and fab your pics.

Reply privately

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"

It doesn't piss me off mate, I think you're reading into it too much."

It wasn't in response to you - I know it doesn't with you, and also know your tongue is planted firmly into you cheek with this thread, although it does open some interesting viewpoints and debates.

It was to the guy further up that said:

"I'm fairly understanding and patient but would be lying if I didn't get pissed of at times, espeically when you have to jump through so many hoops with some just to get ignored."

Reply privately

over a year ago

I changed ours to be concise, direct and clear about what we're here/not here for.

Still get the nutters.

Don't sweat it OP.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

No but you're unlikely to go into a bar with thousands of potential matches. On the internet, the sheer numbers mean you need some way of filtering who you talk to and many use profile text as one of these things and then it becomes frustrating when most are blank.

but the OP was referring to being a few messages in and being able to maintain a conversation , that initial filtering has already taken place and the conversation has started ... if he can’t keep it going then its not down to profile content, either the person he is messaging is just not interested or one or other of them has dull chat "

Well, yes, that's a fair assumption. But a little bit of profile helps lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"

It doesn't piss me off mate, I think you're reading into it too much.

It wasn't in response to you - I know it doesn't with you, and also know your tongue is planted firmly into you cheek with this thread, although it does open some interesting viewpoints and debates.

It was to the guy further up that said:

"I'm fairly understanding and patient but would be lying if I didn't get pissed of at times, espeically when you have to jump through so many hoops with some just to get ignored.""

Oh! I see!

Yes! It really does... It's interesting. You get to see who is who. Haha!

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

but the OP was referring to being a few messages in and being able to maintain a conversation , that initial filtering has already taken place and the conversation has started ... if he can’t keep it going then its not down to profile content, either the person he is messaging is just not interested or one or other of them has dull chat "

My point is that the lack of profiles means you can't filter. When I read a good profile on here or other sites, I usually get a good guage on whether we have a similar sense of humour or shared interests that would make it likely we would have a decent conversation. Of course it's not foolproof but the chances are going to be higher. Instead you end up just firing into the dark with no idea where to concentrate your efforts. Of course that's the same with approaching strangers in a bar but in an average bar you're likely only to be attracted to a handful of people. You can also see all of them and their body language to get more of a gauge on if approaching is a good idea rather than trying to figure it out from a bunch of photos.

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Taken as a whole, the majority of profiles on fab are rather poor, regardless if it's men, women, couples, etc.

I feel exactly the same way."

I've seen some women stating they removed all profile text because as they say "its meaningless and men don't read it anyway" due to the content of some messages and sheer volume. While I can understand the frustration, I don't agree with that attitude. Who's to say that a man who ticks all their boxes might have taken a closer look if their profile was engaging but decided to move on because he saw it as a lazy effort? Perhaps it's my work ethic, but you should give your best whenever you can. I personally find that quality attractive and look for it in others.

Reply privately

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

No but you're unlikely to go into a bar with thousands of potential matches. On the internet, the sheer numbers mean you need some way of filtering who you talk to and many use profile text as one of these things and then it becomes frustrating when most are blank."

I agree you need something to go on Lacey, of course you do - but my point was more about maintaining a conversation once that initial ice has been broken - you shouldn't need a crib sheet or profile text for that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm not changing mine, its written to attract a certain type of man. My Do's and Don's are to stop me getting bombarded and the same questions asked of me. Just because its fab doesn't mean we don't all have a particular thing we are after.

Yours is good."

Oh I didnt expect that, Thankyou

Reply privately

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

My motto is if you're going to do something, do it right. That requires effort."

Perfect summation

Reply privately

over a year ago

Disagree it's desperate. It's attraction, if you like them, their profile and so on, you will message in accordance with what they ask. I just think that if you make such demands their should be an acknowledgment that that person has taken the time to try and meet your requests. Just think it would be polite to respond yes or no on such profiles. An individual ignore doesn't piss me off, but once you you have done it more regularly over time with little success it's only human to be a bit disappointed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

what annoys me about profiles ... actually annoys isn't the right word, use your profile however you like i guess, confuses would be better

women or couples that moan about their 100+ messages a day or talk about it like it is a hardship to get through them all ... if you don’t want that many messages it is very easy to get rid of them by applying message filters to your actual preferences ... if you are getting that many messages you are absolutely inviting that many messages ... the tools of the site are there to be used

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've seen some women stating they removed all profile text because as they say "its meaningless and men don't read it anyway" due to the content of some messages and sheer volume. While I can understand the frustration, I don't agree with that attitude. Who's to say that a man who ticks all their boxes might have taken a closer look if their profile was engaging but decided to move on because he saw it as a lazy effort? Perhaps it's my work ethic, but you should give your best whenever you can. I personally find that quality attractive and look for it in others. "

I'm not meeting at Moment so that was the reason I removed mine. My profile is an honest representation of me and any message I get I reply. I don't get many messages as I have filters set to what I want and my interests.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"

the thing for me about replying is i regularly stick all filters in cause i just want to be online for forums, if i have sent anyone a no thanks reply they are then able to circumvent those filters ... so if i am not interested i just delete "

This is exactly why I don't send no thank you messages either. I get what people mean when they say it would be polite but in doing so it means that person can always get around your message filters in future unless you block them.

Reply privately

By *alkdirty2meCouple
over a year ago

20 miles south of Edinburgh

"It’s a bit of a generalisation and in my experience, it’s rare if anyone actually reads my profile. Since like lockdown, I’ve reduced the information in my bio and I will re-write it once this is over. The fact you do get a response from woman is a win and what’s wrong with asking questions, through the exchange of messages. Another point is that, don’t presume what someone has written in the bio is true, anything can me written and a lot can be left out . Have fun getting to know someone xx

I reduced my bio info because I got accused of coming about bratty and self-centred. As people say, noone really reads profiles anyways. But I must add I don't think I am self centred but definitely particular what I want, so can come across bratty. "

The written word will be taken in the context of however the reader chooses

If they want to see you as aggressive etc etc they will, no matter what is written if they do t agree with it they’ll label you the problem

Best advice, let them go fuck themselves, cos we sure as shit won’t be

Obligatory - lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

I suffer a bit with the buy and sell aspects of profiles. We are reduced to a shopping list of attributes and activities. Or like the really crappy, dull bit on a cv where we have to describe ourselves and how marvellous we are.

It all gets a bit samey and my eyes do tend to glaze over once I have read a few.

But saying that, I do Always take a shopping list with me when shopping, you get everything you need and you stay in budget and you go home with a satisfied smile on your face at a shop well done.

Reply privately

By *ickDastardlyMan
over a year ago

North East

Personally I hope my profile is relatively accurate description of who I am and what I want.

Someone is always going to dislike it.

I find if I come across a women/couples profile that is dissertation in length what they do and don't like, I'm less likely to message them and I also cant stand when people capitalise negative words like DO NOT, WILL NOT, DON'T BOTHER, NOT INTERESTED.

But what I personally find annoying is profiles who demand men 'put in the effort' into messages and they say won't reply to 'hi, how're you?' so you do put in the effort and a basic response is all you get back.

Hypocrisy.

Effort shows interest at that stage and if theres none, I'll tap out of the conversation.

We all have little things that annoy us.

At the end of the day, just try and be polite and respectful and that's all I ask for back.

Reply privately

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

As for replies to messages - yes it would be nice to get a reply, but site FAQs make it clear that no reply is acceptable as a polite no thank you and if ladies replied to every single message they received they'd be here all day doing so - yes in a bar it might not happen (although it can and does sometimes), but in a bar you don't get up to 100 guys or more a day coming up to you either.

Disagree it's desperate. It's attraction, if you like them, their profile and so on, you will message in accordance with what they ask. I just think that if you make such demands their should be an acknowledgment that that person has taken the time to try and meet your requests. Just think it would be polite to respond yes or no on such profiles. An individual ignore doesn't piss me off, but once you you have done it more regularly over time with little success it's only human to be a bit disappointed."

But the thing is, at that point you don't know the person concerned, you've had no interaction with them whatsoever, and you only have their profile text and pictures to go on - so yes that might form attraction enough to want to consider messaging them - but if they then demand you do certain things and jump through hoops (which in your own words "pisses you off") and you go ahead and jump through those hoops in the hope of getting a reply - do you not see how that *could* be seen as desperate?

Wouldn't it be better to shrug your shoulders, think "your loss" and find a profile that isn't as demanding in your eyes?

I get the disappointment thing though, but again I think it comes down to how much expectation you have - I have never sent more than a handful of "blind" messages in nearly 4 years on here, but when I have my expectations of a reply have been minimal and yet I am more than happy with my experience of the site.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"what annoys me about profiles ... actually annoys isn't the right word, use your profile however you like i guess, confuses would be better

women or couples that moan about their 100+ messages a day or talk about it like it is a hardship to get through them all ... if you don’t want that many messages it is very easy to get rid of them by applying message filters to your actual preferences ... if you are getting that many messages you are absolutely inviting that many messages ... the tools of the site are there to be used"

Well, yeah, but a huge amount of women come on here for attention, not for sex. So they secretly like the messages.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

I've seen some women stating they removed all profile text because as they say "its meaningless and men don't read it anyway" due to the content of some messages and sheer volume. While I can understand the frustration, I don't agree with that attitude. Who's to say that a man who ticks all their boxes might have taken a closer look if their profile was engaging but decided to move on because he saw it as a lazy effort? Perhaps it's my work ethic, but you should give your best whenever you can. I personally find that quality attractive and look for it in others.

I'm not meeting at Moment so that was the reason I removed mine. My profile is an honest representation of me and any message I get I reply. I don't get many messages as I have filters set to what I want and my interests.

"

No excuses... Up against the wall love.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chester

"

the thing for me about replying is i regularly stick all filters in cause i just want to be online for forums, if i have sent anyone a no thanks reply they are then able to circumvent those filters ... so if i am not interested i just delete

This is exactly why I don't send no thank you messages either. I get what people mean when they say it would be polite but in doing so it means that person can always get around your message filters in future unless you block them. "

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I'd not thought of that. You're right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The premise of your rant fails OP, when it says, no wonder men dont try.

They do. Hard.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

End of rant. "

you are not wrong........

when i get a message from a profile like that i ask "well tell me about you?" to which if the answer is what do you want to know?" i just give up....

"blood out of a stone" springs to mind, give me something to work with and give me some indication you actually read my profile! if i took time writing it, least you could take time with a reply....

phew.... that was cathartic!!!

never getting any mail again but i feel almost in a state of zen now!!!

Reply privately

By *iggle 321Man
over a year ago

N

I have said it so many times.... The double standards on this site is absolutely shocking!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Being kinda new to this I'm still finding my way around both the site and the way it operates. Irrespective of if I get drawn by an avatar photo, a comment on a forum, a local update or a search I always read profiles, check preferences and if I don't fit then I don't message (unless it's just a compliment)

Short or blank profiles leave me wondering if they are genuine or just bots. Even a long list of dislikes can be interesting.

I don't select whose profile I look at just because of a photo, people with no photo's also leave me wondering why. I don't have many photo's on my profile because I'm not photogenic and to be honest slightly embarrased at the state of myself right now.

Reply privately

By *ugarrainMan
over a year ago

Paisley

Lady, 55, chubby, a few stretch marks, 5ft 2", stay at home mum, smokes and loves to go dancing, nice candle-lit dinners and 5* weekend stays. Seeks 35 year old Brad Pitt lookalike for mutual fun.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No excuses... Up against the wall love."

Reply privately

over a year ago

End of rant.

you are not wrong........

when i get a message from a profile like that i ask "well tell me about you?" to which if the answer is what do you want to know?" i just give up....

"blood out of a stone" springs to mind, give me something to work with and give me some indication you actually read my profile! if i took time writing it, least you could take time with a reply....

phew.... that was cathartic!!!

never getting any mail again but i feel almost in a state of zen now!!! "

tell me about you is far too open a question in my opinion... no matter what the setting if that question, online, in person, fab, a job interview, making a new friend ... i would be totally floundering about how to answer so i don't blame them for asking you to be more targeted in your enquiry

i have almost 34 years worth of life experience and stories and likes and dislikes .., telling you about me could take a very very long time

Reply privately