Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

In search of the truth

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Be sure you can face your findings. Am writing my past, my story. Im writing of the lessons learned and the understandings found. Im writing beauty borne of a destructive past and I am enjoying the beauty created from the hardships....but that is in the daytime..at night they come back and bite me, hitting me hard, leaving me torn and twisted and curled foetal in the darkened corners of my mind and of my bedroom. So the question is do I continue my written journey or do I leave it to the wasteland, not forgotten, just abandoned amongst the wreckage? I cannot change my past, I would not change it for the removal of one minute of my past would send a ripple through my timeline that would change who I am now and that is not a wish I care to make. From such a past walks a humble man. Decisions decisions.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What is the purpose of the written journey? Is it one of acceptance and understanding? Perception of a sequence of events leading to this moment in time? Why did you start and why are you considering stopping? Does it help? And if so...keep going our stories help others in many ways and if not for others but for yourself.x

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I wrote mine down, every incident, accident, cruel word and belitlement, after each event I wrote how I picked myself up dusted off and survived. My journey became a read of negative made into positive by me helping myself this helped me to process the abuse. I had a ritual burn of it when she died.

If its helping you continue, if you need a break take a time out.

You know how this is affecting you and maybe taking one day at a time, you could return to writing some more tomorrow, but you don't have to xxx

Post new Message to Thread