FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Male Mentality - Men, which is you? Women, which is sexier to you?

Jump to newest

By *ohnjones3210 OP   Man
over a year ago

Chester

So, in the mornings, after I wake up. I tend to sit in bed for a bit until my eyes and throat calm down. In this time, I just let me mind wander and I just delve into all sorts of different avenues of thought.

This morning, I was thinking about the way a lot of men are. Let's say there was some sort of disagreement (I had one yesterday), there are common ways in the way in which a man can react;

There's the man who is very very calm, and just accepts whatever shit is dealt and moves on. (Yielding)

There's the man who doesn't necessarily accept any shit, but simply ignores all that he doesn't agree with. (Ignorant)

There's the man who is very calm, very patient and just says his piece and calmly uses his reasoning to the best of his abilities. He might quote laws and reasonably accepted standards, etc. He doesn't overstep the mark, but at the same time, he won't be trodden on. (Self assured)

There's the guy who doesn't accept and states "No, I'm not doing that. Make me!" Or something similar. A bit 'in your face' type thing. (A bit cocky)

There's the man who totally loses control and lashes out, anger, screaming, shouting and possibly violence. Emotions can control him. (Animalistic)

For me, I'm very self assured. Some people label me as arrogant, but I'm not! I just live my life according to my judgement, not anyone else's.

Men, which one are you?

Women, which do you personally find most attractive?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Self assured.

By *ohnjones3210 OP   Man
over a year ago

Chester

"Self assured. "

Interesting! Do you find the aggressive type a little bit hot?

over a year ago

Self assured but sometimes yielding.

Often if I know I am right and the confrontation is with someone who clearly won’t be reasoned with, then what is the use of me trying to argue or debate. Would rather save the headache. Can’t argue/debate with Idiots.

over a year ago

Self assured

over a year ago

"So, in the mornings, after I wake up. I tend to sit in bed for a bit until my eyes and throat calm down. In this time, I just let me mind wander and I just delve into all sorts of different avenues of thought.

This morning, I was thinking about the way a lot of men are. Let's say there was some sort of disagreement (I had one yesterday), there are common ways in the way in which a man can react;

There's the man who is very very calm, and just accepts whatever shit is dealt and moves on. (Yielding)

There's the man who doesn't necessarily accept any shit, but simply ignores all that he doesn't agree with. (Ignorant)

There's the man who is very calm, very patient and just says his piece and calmly uses his reasoning to the best of his abilities. He might quote laws and reasonably accepted standards, etc. He doesn't overstep the mark, but at the same time, he won't be trodden on. (Self assured)

There's the guy who doesn't accept and states "No, I'm not doing that. Make me!" Or something similar. A bit 'in your face' type thing. (A bit cocky)

There's the man who totally loses control and lashes out, anger, screaming, shouting and possibly violence. Emotions can control him. (Animalistic)

For me, I'm very self assured. Some people label me as arrogant, but I'm not! I just live my life according to my judgement, not anyone else's.

Men, which one are you?

Women, which do you personally find most attractive?"

I would say self assured but sometimes Yielding. It all depends on the circumstance. I won’t be pushed over but at the same time there are things I just think you can’t argue with so I just let them go. Makes life a lot easier

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"So, in the mornings, after I wake up. I tend to sit in bed for a bit until my eyes and throat calm down. In this time, I just let me mind wander and I just delve into all sorts of different avenues of thought.

Men, which one are you?

I like a mix of Yielding, ignorant, self assured and cocky in a man

Possibly because I am like this

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Self assured. Someone who doesn't stir shite just for the sake of it but also won't be down trodden. Anyone who can stick up for themselves and not throw a strop when doing it.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Self assured naturally. I'm level headed, not typically impulsive but most certainly assertive, though not in a complete uncompromising way.

over a year ago

I (me) am probably a little bit of everything there.

But it also depends on who I'm having the disagreement with, which determines which trait comes forward.

over a year ago

I’m a self assured yielder

I’ll let most things go. I’m not afraid of confrontation, but I’m not going to invest energy into something negative. If pushed, I’ll put my foot down. I’m not a doormat just because I’m laid back

By *abonWoman
over a year ago

Loughboro/Ashby-ish

[Removed by poster at 26/06/20 13:50:22]

By *abonWoman
over a year ago

Loughboro/Ashby-ish

When you write it like that, it’s a no brainer...self assured. The epitome of the mature masculine.

But in reality, it’s a lot to do with likes, dislikes, personality, looks, relationship readiness of each party etc.

And I don’t think anyone can stay in their one box all the time, so it’s the quantity of time they spend in which other boxes that’s important too.

over a year ago

Self assured with a sprinkling of animalistic in extreme circumstances (thank you mania) .. I can't tolerate abuse of animals, children or people unable to defend themselves

over a year ago

"I’m a self assured yielder

I’ll let most things go. I’m not afraid of confrontation, but I’m not going to invest energy into something negative. If pushed, I’ll put my foot down. I’m not a doormat just because I’m laid back "

Oh and I forgot to add, I find laid back guys sexier

Although sometimes, very very very rarely, I don’t mind a blazing row if it clears the air

over a year ago

Depends what sort of disagreement it is ? So could be any of the above

By *evil-AngelWoman
over a year ago

Nearby

I'd prefer a mix of self assured and yielding. Someone who is quite laid back most of the time but who is capable of getting their point across in a positive way when needed

over a year ago

I would say i fall somewhere between yielding and self assured, depending on what is happening, i had someone have a go at me earlier on a thread, i definitely was somewhere in the middle

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Don't those descriptions fit women too?

I like people who can debate intelligently, listen to other opinions and are open minded enough to accept they aren't always right. I find that attractive in a man and like to be friends with men and women who have those qualities.

over a year ago

Men, which one are you?

Sometimes, it's the feedback you get from third parties that's the most accurate. After all, it's how you come across to others rather than how you think you do? That's humility.

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Don’t know, never been wrong yet.

over a year ago

I'm the self assured chap

Happy in the skin I'm in.

Confident in who I am , but never arrogant.

Calm and relaxed .

Happy to take ideas on board

Happy to follow my own ideas

Always willing to talk and if I'm wrong admit it .

Yes self assured I think that's me

over a year ago

I can’t be bothered to read your op.

Kinda got the idea from the first few words.

Make your own minds up...

over a year ago

I'm self assured on the outside, working in my field I have to be as customers sometimes need the reassurance of someone who sounds like he knows his stuff.

I also know I can go either side between yielding and ignorant dependant on circumstances.

By *omtom7Man
over a year ago

Tralee

My daughter often calls me an asshole, is that a type

By *aimeDWoman
over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

Self assured is what I would imagine most would aim to be and it’s certainly the style that appeals to me most but I would also imagine that a lot of people who would identify as self assured actually cross into cocky or more

over a year ago

If you only pick one type then you'll likely lose an argument to a wise person who mixes and matches to fool you and make himself impossible to predict.... ....be what you need to be, or maybe just lose now and then, but if you lose then are you secretly getting them onside and winning....? If only ppl could actually understand win win.....

over a year ago

In honesty, it depends which day you catch me on, BUT , I'm working on being a better person. Maybe Mrs. R would be a better judge of how Im doing

Be more kind!

Mr. R

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Men, which one are you?

I would say self assured but sometimes Yielding. It all depends on the circumstance. I won’t be pushed over but at the same time there are things I just think you can’t argue with so I just let them go. Makes life a lot easier "

over a year ago

I’ll let most things go. I’m not afraid of confrontation, but I’m not going to invest energy into something negative. If pushed, I’ll put my foot down. I’m not a doormat just because I’m laid back "

If you wrestle with a pig you both get mucky and only the pig gets what they want.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"If you only pick one type then you'll likely lose an argument to a wise person who mixes and matches to fool you and make himself impossible to predict.... ....be what you need to be, or maybe just lose now and then, but if you lose then are you secretly getting them onside and winning....? If only ppl could actually understand win win..... "

Like this

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I'm the self assured chap

Calm and relaxed .

Yes self assured I think that's me "

You get the job

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

Men, which one are you?

Sometimes, it's the feedback you get from third parties that's the most accurate. After all, it's how you come across to others rather than how you think you do? That's humility. "

Pretty much what I came to say. I find it arrogant that when someone receives feedback that they’re arrogant and they negate it immediately.

over a year ago

"Self assured but sometimes yielding.

Often if I know I am right and the confrontation is with someone who clearly won’t be reasoned with, then what is the use of me trying to argue or debate. Would rather save the headache. Can’t argue/debate with Idiots. "

+1 for this.

Disagreements will always occur because of perception or lack of understanding on one of both sides, so if it's a learning process for all then good and if not, move on.

By *man_4Man
over a year ago

London

I'd say I'm a mix between self assured and yielding. Changes with the circumstances. I certainly wouldn't just be walked over, but at the same time I don't feel there's a need to argue over some things, and so I feel it's better to just leave it.

over a year ago

this is me done to a tee

over a year ago

Mostly mix with Self Assured and Yeilding myself. Very rarely am I Aggressive and I don’t like it when I am

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Very Interesting , So if I remember correct the 4 natural reaction styles are acceptance (lose win) , negotiate (win win or mo deal) , collaborate (win win) and confrontation (win lose). My natural is confrontation ( not helped through bad training and role models as a young manager) but retrained to collaborate , under pressure , confrontation comes back sometimes.

Some said it’s wise to mix, sometimes it is. Purposely lose something or choose to confront occasionally , depends on the outcome you want but generally a win win is the best outcome

over a year ago

"I'm the self assured chap

Calm and relaxed .

Yes self assured I think that's me

You get the job "

diolch

Post new Message to Thread