Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Creepy messages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

For the last couple weeks I’ve been receiving messages on WhatsApp from someone who knows me from fab but won’t tell me who they are.

The first one was a pic with the caption ‘one of these strawberry lemonades are for you’. They know where I live, what car I drive, they’ve told me they’ve seen me with my kids and named a few places they’re claiming to have seen me.

First they told me they got my number off a housing application, then a takeaway delivery, then from a guy from fab.

They’ve just sent me a message saying it was actually from a housing form, they just recognised me on fab, and that I’ll get a permanent residence soon (I’m currently living in temporary accommodation).

My friends think I should be contacting the police. I’ve only ever gave my number, and even my name to a select few on here and I don’t think they would be involved. There’s only one person I’ve gave my number to on here that I’m suspecting could be behind it, although it would seem like an unlikely suspect, I think they would know all the info that’s been mentioned.

Not sure if it is them, or if like they say it’s someone I don’t know then it’s worrying the stuff they know about me so I’m unsure what to do about it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ankie303Woman
over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Sounds like someone misusing their position! Personally I would contact the police! If hes doing it to you theres more then likely more and some may get proper afraid from it.

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

They may well be here looking at this thread, so just keep it simple.

Fuck off with the creepy messages or the next one I inform the police.

You’d be amazed at the number of morons that don’t realise shut like this is illegal & I’m pretty sure if they do work for the council & that’s how they got your number they’d be looking for a job soon too.

Good luck

S

By *ankie303Woman
over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Run his number thru google, that can turn up some surprising results

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Certainly it's right to consider the police for help at any point. As people can do reverse image searches, as well as search on phone numbers, they are often able to retrieve a lot of information beyond what they have to start with.

I'd consider just telling them that you want no contact and then blocking their number on WhatsApp. It could be the last you hear from them. I'd hide photos of me too.

It's important that you are safe, so contact the police if anything happens to make you concerned for your safety. Hope it works out well for you

By *rink Me xxWoman
over a year ago

Shropshire

Thats so scary I would definitely call the police.

By *quaman87Man
over a year ago

ramsey

Surprising what you can do with someone's number!

Iv had this, but if there sloppy and don't know things I can locate them and who they are!

By *witchRichMan
over a year ago

Southport

I'd do everything suggested above and speak to the police. For their advice as much as anything. I suspect they will be following you on here too. Once you've spoken to police block the number. And message Fabs customer services to make them aware. If 1 person is viewing your profile 20 times a day thats your culprit.

By *yantico86Man
over a year ago

drumchapel

Block the numbers but keep messages and report him to he police x

over a year ago

Thanks for the replies, I’ll see how things go the next few days. Tonight they hinted that our kids go to the same school and they sent me a screenshot of an intimate photo I’d deleted from my profile so they are definitely trying to fuck with me whether it’s sinister or not

over a year ago

"I'd do everything suggested above and speak to the police. For their advice as much as anything. I suspect they will be following you on here too. Once you've spoken to police block the number. And message Fabs customer services to make them aware. If 1 person is viewing your profile 20 times a day thats your culprit.

Can fab admin see what profiles are viewing my profile even if they are on private mode? They have definitely been looking at it.

"

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

As said above keep everything you have, block the number and speak to the police for advice.

Hope you get it worked out OP and they leave you alone

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"As said above keep everything you have, block the number and speak to the police for advice.

Hope you get it worked out OP and they leave you alone "

This

By *witchRichMan
over a year ago

Southport

this message is for the creep

If you know this woman is on Fab and obtained her number without it being given to you I suspect you'll see this. LEAVE HER ALONE. She is not interested, I fact your making her feel uncomfortable and tarnishing her fab experience. Respect her wishes and leave her alone.

To everyone else I apologise for ranting but I hate this sort of behaviour

By *rink Me xxWoman
over a year ago

Shropshire

"this message is for the creep

If you know this woman is on Fab and obtained her number without it being given to you I suspect you'll see this. LEAVE HER ALONE. She is not interested, I fact your making her feel uncomfortable and tarnishing her fab experience. Respect her wishes and leave her alone.

To everyone else I apologise for ranting but I hate this sort of behaviour "

Totally agree. This is supposed to be a place where we feel safe and to do this to someone is a total abuse and the very opposite of the sort of person who should be on fab Ive been threatened and made to feel scared in a previous time on here. One guy even found me on fb and messaged my daughter (who was only 16 at the time) with pics and disgusting messages saying that he knew me and also threatened to message my workplace if i didnt meet him. I blocked and ignored him on everything but wish I'd called the police. Dread to think he might do it to somebody else

By *witchRichMan
over a year ago

Southport

Messaged your daughter! Disgusting behaviour sorry you had to experience that

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

OP I think you need to report it to the police. It sounds very much like they are abusing a position of trust.

Good luck, I hope you get sorted very soon.

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

You are being harrassed.

Stop responding to them.

Take a copy of all the messages. Block them.

Contact the police who should in turn contact the council due to the DPA breach alone.

Lots of love and luck op.

By *iveittoher300Man
over a year ago

Southampton

The chances are it's who you suspect

over a year ago

I think it doesn't matter what sex you are on here we all get creepy messages

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Why haven't you blocked him ? Why are you entertaining this person, I just dont get it

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

What a weirdo.

Go to the police. Don't wait.

over a year ago

"Why haven't you blocked him ? Why are you entertaining this person, I just dont get it "

this....

You're still saying you'll give it a few days?

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

The person that you think this could be, do they also of your housing issue?

If it is a genuine housing officer then he should be sorted out!

This is bang out of order.

Who ever it is out of order and I'd be a little concerned as it shows this perfect is way off key.

I hope your ok and get it sorted out.

I'd tell them your escalating it with the housing and anyone else that may him cause for concern x

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

How would they recognise you off a housing form!

By *ervent_fervourMan
over a year ago

Halifax

I was thinking that.

It's offially harassment though if they've carried on contacting you more than a couple of times, but only IF you've told them to stop and leave you alone.

Save their messages in case you decide youu do want to got to the police.

Horrible situation. Good luck!

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Op i had exactly the same thing happen to me a few years ago, when i asked them why they were doing it to me, they said just for shits and giggles.

in the end it turned out the guy was someone i had met off here socially and classed as a friend. As soon as i found out his identity he lost all his power over me. Still left me with huge trust issues though.

Keep all messages he sends, and go to the police if you feel its necessary. No one deserves to be made to feel the way hes making you feel.

By *lack UhuruMan
over a year ago

Leeds/London

"For the last couple weeks I’ve been receiving messages on WhatsApp from someone who knows me from fab but won’t tell me who they are.

The first one was a pic with the caption ‘one of these strawberry lemonades are for you’. They know where I live, what car I drive, they’ve told me they’ve seen me with my kids and named a few places they’re claiming to have seen me.

First they told me they got my number off a housing application, then a takeaway delivery, then from a guy from fab.

They’ve just sent me a message saying it was actually from a housing form, they just recognised me on fab, and that I’ll get a permanent residence soon (I’m currently living in temporary accommodation).

My friends think I should be contacting the police. I’ve only ever gave my number, and even my name to a select few on here and I don’t think they would be involved. There’s only one person I’ve gave my number to on here that I’m suspecting could be behind it, although it would seem like an unlikely suspect, I think they would know all the info that’s been mentioned.

Not sure if it is them, or if like they say it’s someone I don’t know then it’s worrying the stuff they know about me so I’m unsure what to do about it"

Contact the police. They'll soon put an end to it especially if he's mentioning your kids

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

Contact police, they can trace the number and find out who the person is and their whereabouts. They may not tell you but they will get knock on the door and get warned Good luck x

over a year ago

OP

I've read this a cpl of times now, I've asked a copper I know. He's advised going down to your local Police station and talking to someone.

You can ask for a female officer, if that makes you feel more comfortable x

All the best with it x

By *elnkazCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

"They may well be here looking at this thread, so just keep it simple.

Fuck off with the creepy messages or the next one I inform the police.

You’d be amazed at the number of morons that don’t realise shut like this is illegal & I’m pretty sure if they do work for the council & that’s how they got your number they’d be looking for a job soon too.

Good luck

S"

get the police involved they can find out from phone number....not nice having a stalker.

Hope it sorted x for you can block him

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

"For the last couple weeks I’ve been receiving messages on WhatsApp from someone who knows me from fab but won’t tell me who they are.

Not sure if it is them, or if like they say it’s someone I don’t know then it’s worrying the stuff they know about me so I’m unsure what to do about it"

Jesus, there’s some freaky fuckers about... hun, obviously your concerned and safety comes first... report the fucker .... I was, should we say, stalked once... by a policewoman ... these ppl have to much info that comes with their jobs ... good luck x

By *ecretlivesCouple
over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

Op. If you have told the individual you do not consent to the contact (ideally on a couple of consecutive ocassions) this is harassment, plain and simple. If it is a person you have had sexual contact with it can be classed as as a domestic incident. The how or where they got their information is something the police should deal with. As others have said, block the contact, inform the site inform the police. Do not be embarrassed about how you met etc. Police have seen it all. There are creeps in all walks of life. They like cold damp shadows. Put some light on them.

over a year ago

Don't trust anyone on here. There are many offline message groups and they could be sharing your details wihout your knowledge. They claim to be friends but the links between all the people is quite sinister.

I agree re: contacting the police and copy/ screenshot all messages. Googling their phone number is also a good tip.

It might not be someone from here who obtained your number. It could be someone you know 'in real life', who is also on here.

Hope you get it sorted. X

over a year ago

"Why haven't you blocked him ? Why are you entertaining this person, I just dont get it "

If you are lucky enough to have never been in an abusive relationship you won't understand. It's not her fault. She isn't 'entertaining the person', she is being cautious. It's not wise to piss off unstable people!

over a year ago

This is horrible to read. I think the advice given her to go to the police is your best course of action. Nobody should be put through this kind of harassment x

over a year ago

"The person that you think this could be, do they also of your housing issue?

Who ever it is out of order and I'd be a little concerned as it shows this perfect is way off key.

I'd tell them your escalating it with the housing and anyone else that may him cause for concern x

"

Yes I think my housing situation was mentioned to this person. It’s someone who I chatted to as a friend, I’ve not spoke to them in a while and we got on well so I’ve no idea why they would be doing this but I gave them my number and they would know the all the info that’s been said (I think)

over a year ago

The only entertaining I’ve done is ask how they know me and how they got my number. I can’t block this person on fab as I don’t know their profile name, they know exactly where I live, what i drive, and have said things to make me think they’ve been watching me. I replied hoping to find out who it was, if they continue to message I will block them but isn’t going to solve the problem or ease my anxiety over it. Also as someone else said I don’t want to aggravate them, they have my phone number and my address and know exactly who I am so it wouldn’t stop them contacting me an alternative way if they wanted to

By *airyChestedDaveMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Stay safe Strawberry, call the police and contact Fab admin.

Hope you get It sorted

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Absolutely police-they will have advice, contact admin and never reply to any message. Block.

It is indeed creepy and abusive power games.

By *wosmilersCouple
over a year ago

Heathrowish

Police...in some forces, they take this very seriously.

If it is on WhatsApp then there is a phone number that can be traced. If it is an anonymous sim card, they will track the actual phone using the PUK code and also be able to cell site the phone to compare to other numbers in the same cell at the times that messages are sent.

It is probably a dickless wonder but this sort of thing is offensive and against the law.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"The person that you think this could be, do they also of your housing issue?

Yes I think my housing situation was mentioned to this person. It’s someone who I chatted to as a friend, I’ve not spoke to them in a while and we got on well so I’ve no idea why they would be doing this but I gave them my number and they would know the all the info that’s been said (I think)

"

By the sound of it this person who I'd start with for sure!

It's a game I definitely wouldn't want to play.

I think it's a dangerous windup!

I'd want to tell them to do one in no uncertain terms! I understand it's a delicate situation for you and scary.

I wouldn't entertain them any further. Do what you've got to do to feel safe x

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

People you think can be friends unfortunately on occasion can become idiots when they stop getting attention.

I use the term idiots in a polite sense.

over a year ago

"People you think can be friends unfortunately on occasion can become idiots when they stop getting attention.

I use the term idiots in a polite sense."

I'll do it so you don't have to....

C**nts will be c**nts ......

By *tickler2000Man
over a year ago

St Agnes

Go to the police. Unacceptable behaviour.

You're safety comes first.

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

I would definitely contact the police for advice. I would be asking whether it is best to ditch your profile and set up another (different location, name, age etc) or would that hinder any investigation. Come after me all you like, involve my family or kids and I would crucify you. He's overstepped the mark and if it was me it would mean war. You do not have to take this crap.

Post new Message to Thread