Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fasting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've seen a few people on here say they do this every so often.

I'm genuinely interested in how it works and how often you do it etc

I know I could look it up but I'd rather hear from people that actually do it please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

I think it's something to do with a clenched hand and frantic vaginal pumping...

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I thought that said fisting! How my process has changed since joining fab.

What is it about fasting that interests you? Is it for weight loss purposes?

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"I thought that said fisting! How my process has changed since joining fab.

What is it about fasting that interests you? Is it for weight loss purposes?"

It's not just for weight loss ... good for detoxing also

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

"I think it's something to do with a clenched hand and frantic vaginal pumping..."

I clearly misread the thread title too Anabelle!!

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I do not intentionally fast but am aware i go long spells without food. Usually too busy or tired to eat due to work. Think this is why i am slim.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I do the 5-2, so eat normally 5 days a week. And have max 600 calories two days a week.

over a year ago

What is it about fasting that interests you? Is it for weight loss purposes?"

Bit of both, a detox certainly wouldn't do me any harm but yes part of it is weight loss too.

over a year ago

"I think it's something to do with a clenched hand and frantic vaginal pumping..."

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"I think it's something to do with a clenched hand and frantic vaginal pumping...

I clearly misread the thread title too Anabelle!! "

Me three

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I've been doing the 16:8 fast for about a month so I have an eating window of 11am-7pm. Completely stopped the senseless night eating and I've taken to it like a duck to water. Alongside my Mon-Fri workout routine I've lost lbs and inches and feel a lot better for it.

I don't think I've the willpower for a more extreme fast.

over a year ago

"I've been doing the 16:8 fast for about a month so I have an eating window of 11am-7pm. Completely stopped the senseless night eating and I've taken to it like a duck to water. Alongside my Mon-Fri workout routine I've lost lbs and inches and feel a lot better for it.

I don't think I've the willpower for a more extreme fast. "

I think I need something a bit stricter than that. I'm not one too munch so much of a night-time but will snack during the day while I'm doing stuff etc so want to cut that out. Going a day without food doesn't phase me, I'd just rather have more routine to it.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I read the title as fisting

over a year ago

"I read the title as fisting "

FFS!

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

"I read the title as fisting "
Same think we have dirty minds ..

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"I've seen a few people on here say they do this every so often.

I know I could look it up but I'd rather hear from people that actually do it please "

I do it every day. I OMAD (one meal a day) and have done for years. It's important what you acrually eat when you do though, burger and chips wont provide what you need.

Twice a year I do a long fast with just bone broth. Longest one was for ten days.

Read about autophagy and have a look at Dr Jason Fung.

over a year ago

I know I could look it up but I'd rather hear from people that actually do it please

I do it every day. I OMAD (one meal a day) and have done for years. It's important what you acrually eat when you do though, burger and chips wont provide what you need.

Twice a year I do a long fast with just bone broth. Longest one was for ten days.

Read about autophagy and have a look at Dr Jason Fung."

I will check it out, thank you

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

It's not just for weight loss ... good for detoxing also"

Oh yes..I didn't think about that. I could do a with a detox myself.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Bit of both, a detox certainly wouldn't do me any harm but yes part of it is weight loss too. "

I have gained a few pounds recently, which is fine as I could have done with a couple. Now though, I feel like a detox and to lose 4/5 pound would be good for me.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

5:2 is a very effective way to lose weight. It also has a lot of proven health benefits, lowered blood sugar, lower cholesterol etc

The first few days you do it are bloody hard, you get detox headaches and you feel a bit rubbish. Once you get into the swing of it it’s easy, and you will start to feel much better

Pm me if you’re want any advice lovely

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

stockton

I do this but not deliberately. Any time things start getting on top of me, bam there goes my appetite. Not sure it's supposed to go that way tho..

over a year ago

"5:2 is a very effective way to lose weight. It also has a lot of proven health benefits, lowered blood sugar, lower cholesterol etc

The first few days you do it are bloody hard, you get detox headaches and you feel a bit rubbish. Once you get into the swing of it it’s easy, and you will start to feel much better

Pm me if you’re want any advice lovely "

Sounds great, will do

over a year ago

I do a modified version of alternate day fasting where every other day I try to stay under 500 calories (normal version is no calories whatsoever) . I am working my way to going completely without food on those days though. On my "feasting" days I have two low carb meals with plenty of healthy fats to keep me full and snack mainly on fruit, although I do have the occasional treat and a cheat day every couple of weeks. Have been doing this combined with walking 5k about 3 times per week (sometimes I add short run intervals) for about 2 months and have lost 20lbs so far. I don't just fast for weight loss, I do it to improve my gut health, induce autophagy and decrease my insulin resistance as I am Type 2 diabetic. My blood test results from last week have shown major improvement in my blood sugars, to the point where my doctor said I am well on the way to fully reversing the diabetes and actually becoming non-diabetic, so I plan to continue ADF for a good while yet.

On another weight loss note though, I find it much easier to restrict every other day and eat until satiated on the days I'm allowed to, rather than restrict every single day. This way I know even if I have the odd bar of Dairy Milk I'll still be in a calorie deficit at the end of the week without ever really feeling deprived.

over a year ago

"5:2 is a very effective way to lose weight. It also has a lot of proven health benefits, lowered blood sugar, lower cholesterol etc

Pm me if you’re want any advice lovely

Sounds great, will do "

I have found taking electrolyte supplements as well as drinking lemon water has really helped with the headaches. Make sure you take some sort of multivitamin if you plan on fasting too, as you will most likely be reducing your food and therefore vitamin intake.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Thomas DeLauer on YouTube has plenty of material on fasting. I've been pretty regimented doing intermittent fasting together with keto during lockdown combined with daily cardio. None of my clothes fit me properly now on the bottom half. I bought a few hundreds pounds worth of clothes a size down online and found that only half of those seemed to fit so may have gone down two sizes in some cases though it doesn't look or feel like I've gone through an extreme change during these past three months. For me, I have no bloating, better complexion and I don't have any cravings nor do I ever feel as if I am starving. At some points I did do OMAD unintentionally and it seemed like something I could incorporate with ease. Good luck OP.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

BTW... Contrary to everyone else, I read it as farting

By *he clean up guyMan
over a year ago

north somerset

Yes I too have done the omad for about 2 years.

Since doing so I have so much more energy, lost 7% body fat and just generally feel good.

Lots of info on YouTube. It becomes a life style not a diet.

By *istretchMan
over a year ago

leeds

Does detoxing actually work ? Cos that would suggest your body is storing larger amounts than it should . You eat drink you release those toxins surly. Is it not a trendy way of saying im cutting down on things .

over a year ago

"BTW... Contrary to everyone else, I read it as farting "

over a year ago

Thank you for everyone's input, definitely a lot for me to look in to. Much appreciated you sexy people

over a year ago

"Does detoxing actually work ? Cos that would suggest your body is storing larger amounts than it should . You eat drink you release those toxins surly. Is it not a trendy way of saying im cutting down on things ."

I'm not sure as I've never actually done it. I've been told it does though.

over a year ago

I do it. Every other day. 500 calories on a fast day max.

It works for me!

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Malmesbury

I couldn't fast as I love to graze too much. I have a healthy lifestyle and my weight is fairly stable (goes up in winter and down in summer) so fasting to lose weight wouldn't be a motivator; the detox benefits sound appealing though.

over a year ago

"I couldn't fast as I love to graze too much. I have a healthy lifestyle and my weight is fairly stable (goes up in winter and down in summer) so fasting to lose weight wouldn't be a motivator; the detox benefits sound appealing though."

It's a lifestyle for me, I've done it for years

over a year ago

Bookmarking for later

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Malmesbury

"I couldn't fast as I love to graze too much. I have a healthy lifestyle and my weight is fairly stable (goes up in winter and down in summer) so fasting to lose weight wouldn't be a motivator; the detox benefits sound appealing though.

It's a lifestyle for me, I've done it for years"

Wow,it certainly seems to work for you, you look fantastic... you've inspired me! Maybe I'll skip my midday snack today

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I couldn't fast as I love to graze too much. I have a healthy lifestyle and my weight is fairly stable (goes up in winter and down in summer) so fasting to lose weight wouldn't be a motivator; the detox benefits sound appealing though.

It's a lifestyle for me, I've done it for years"

Me too x

By *reamytitwankCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Have a listen to Joe Rogan podcast on youtube he has lots of guest that do it.

By *uddlytoy123Man
over a year ago

Preesall

Currently on it lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks - it's not for everyone but seems to suit me

By *Wman15Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Detoxing your body isn't really a thing

"Detox diets are marketing myths rather than nutritional reality" The British Dietetic Association

Read the fact sheet on the NHS website

There are a lot of businesses making money out of false claims and crap science

over a year ago

Its good to detox but I believe very bad for losing weight. It leads to binging and more weight gain. Thats my experience over 21 years. I swear by slimming world. Healthy eating, little and often for me xx

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Detoxing your body isn't really a thing

"Detox diets are marketing myths rather than nutritional reality" The British Dietetic Association

There are a lot of businesses making money out of false claims and crap science"

I tend to agree. Your liver and kidneys pretty much do the job of they're healthy

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Its good to detox but I believe very bad for losing weight. It leads to binging and more weight gain. Thats my experience over 21 years. I swear by slimming world. Healthy eating, little and often for me xx"

I disagree.

Maybe at the start but when you get used to it, I call it my fasting belly as my appetite has shrunk.

On my eating days I'm full up quite easily. Today is one of my eating days and I have eaten yet as I'm not that hungry.

over a year ago

"Its good to detox but I believe very bad for losing weight. It leads to binging and more weight gain. Thats my experience over 21 years. I swear by slimming world. Healthy eating, little and often for me xx

I disagree.

Maybe at the start but when you get used to it, I call it my fasting belly as my appetite has shrunk.

On my eating days I'm full up quite easily. Today is one of my eating days and I have eaten yet as I'm not that hungry. "

Its made my weight go up every time I've tried. I've had headaches, shakes and almost fainted. I would never recommend it sorry x

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Yeah I did it a few years ago, slimmed down and then have went back on it now for the last few weeks.

It's tough at the start, hungry and irritable but then I just get used to it.

But like most things it suits some people but doesn't suit others.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Its good to detox but I believe very bad for losing weight. It leads to binging and more weight gain. Thats my experience over 21 years. I swear by slimming world. Healthy eating, little and often for me xx

I disagree.

On my eating days I'm full up quite easily. Today is one of my eating days and I have eaten yet as I'm not that hungry.

Its made my weight go up every time I've tried. I've had headaches, shakes and almost fainted. I would never recommend it sorry x"

I would never recommend it

Imo it requires a particular mindset to succeed. For me it's exceptionally beneficial both for my body and mind

But I'll re iterate I dont recommend it most people cannot put in enough effort to reap its benefits. Most have misguided expectations

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

I only eat between 10am and 6pm every day ...been doing it a month or so ... pretty straight forward and no problems

over a year ago

C is doing this 2 days a week

over a year ago

There are a lot of businesses making money out of false claims and crap science"

In the context of fasting the term detoxing is not used as much to describe the body getting rid of toxins but more to describe the body being able to focus on repair as it's not having to use up resources to digest food. The process of autophagy is when the body recycles old cells which are no longer needed and is why many people choose to lose weight this way, as it leads to less loose skin than if done otherwise. It's too long winded to explain here but Google autophagy if you're interested.

Basically the long and short of it is:

Periods of no food = body doesn't need to digest = can work on fixing itself instead.

I can attest to this personally as I have had a very severe case of dermatitis which has grown to cover most of my thighs for the past two years. No amount of creams and medications have helped but 6 weeks of fasting and I have already seen a marked improvement with more than half the rash having faded. After seeing this no amount of fact sheets can make me believe that fasting isn't good for me, sorry.

over a year ago

I bookmarked this to come back today and have a read of what has been put. I have done the 5:2 before and found it hard to stick to, so was unsure where to go with implementing some of the info on here.

I have decided to go back onto the age old calories in V calories required 'plan' but with a slight twist. I am like a few here, where I can go without eating for a fair while and not notice.

My issue is I then massively binge on the wrong food, when I do eat.

The last 2 days (and yes you have to start somewhere) I have had OMAD and made it a balanced one. This has meant that my food through the day has been resitricted heavily, but now I am actually questioning if I am hungry or bored. It seems it is the 2nd option, as a piece of fruit and fluids has been enough for me to be satisfied.

I am also logging my food on an app so I can have a visual of what I am eating for calories/carbs/protein/fat/sugar. This will help me see some of the hidden stuff in foods I choose.

Thanks OP for post, as even though I am not going to do full 5:2, you have inspired me to put my own wheels in motion.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I tend to eat a lot, unless I'm too busy to think about being hungry.

It takes a lot of energy to keep a body like mine going. Lol

over a year ago

I know I could look it up but I'd rather hear from people that actually do it please "

I do the 5:2 diet combined with the fast 800..

I eat what i want for 5 days and for the other 2 (separate) days i eat 800 calories each day ..

over a year ago

The health 5:2 has been proven. It’s not false claims or crap science.

As amber said above, when your body isn’t constantly digesting good, it can focus on healing.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

There are a lot of businesses making money out of false claims and crap science

The health 5:2 has been proven. It’s not false claims or crap science.

As amber said above, when your body isn’t constantly digesting good, it can focus on healing."

Also on your favourite NHS website, you might look for the British Dietetic Association review of 5:2 intermittent fasting where they say

"Two days a week on a restricted diet can lead to greater reductions in body fat, insulin resistance and other chronic diseases".

By *ymguy1966Man
over a year ago

Port Talbot

Good for you to fast every so often, UNLESS you're a bodybuilder that is, then it's the LAST thing you wanna do

over a year ago

I do this. I eat when my body needs food. One meal most days but if Im in chill out mode then very little. It lets my body process one lot before another lot gets thrown in

Post new Message to Thread