Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stubbornness

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are you stubborn? Will you deliberately do something because you've been told not to? Or just to get up people's nose?

Are you just bloody minded?

I'll admit I can be very stubborn. I won't do something to deliberately upset someone but I hate being told what to do. If I've set my mind to it, it's happening no matter what anyone else says.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Hi, you're talking about me

over a year ago

"Hi, you're talking about me "

Well yes, you just break the mould haha!

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I’m told that I’m as stubborn as a mule.

I absolutely refuse to believe it however....

over a year ago

"I’m told that I’m as stubborn as a mule.

I absolutely refuse to believe it however...."

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Not unless it's something I have really set my heart on or believe to be right. I have to care enough to insist

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

I'm not deliberately stubborn but if I want to do something my way I will. I'm an over thinker so odds are I've already thought through all the possible options and decided which is best, so when someone comes along and tells me otherwise it's too late. I've already decided

Maybe independent is a better word to describe that.

But once I've decided I'm done with someone I'm very stubborn that way. I don't often give repeat chances.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I wouldn't do something *just* because someone told me I can't/shouldn't (putting aside hurting others obviously). I do tend to stick to what I've decided to do though, I'm not sure that's me being stubborn or because I overthink I've set my heart and mind to doing that thing. I'm still quite open to listening to others though, they might know better than me or have valid reasons for their caution/suggestions.

over a year ago

"I'm not deliberately stubborn but if I want to do something my way I will. I'm an over thinker so odds are I've already thought through all the possible options and decided which is best, so when someone comes along and tells me otherwise it's too late. I've already decided

Maybe independent is a better word to describe that.

But once I've decided I'm done with someone I'm very stubborn that way. I don't often give repeat chances."

I'm not good at second chances either, mainly because they are not justified but it takes a lot to convince me otherwise.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

hi, my name's Quack, and i am the queeeeen of stubborn.

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

it depends on who it is thats told me I can or can't do something and how they told me.

Ask nicely and I'm as sweet as can be and will help anyone out

over a year ago

"hi, my name's Quack, and i am the queeeeen of stubborn. "

Haha! Hi Quack, We may need to share that crown

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"hi, my name's Quack, and i am the queeeeen of stubborn.

Haha! Hi Quack, We may need to share that crown "

*Ahem*

over a year ago

"it depends on who it is thats told me I can or can't do something and how they told me.

Ask nicely and I'm as sweet as can be and will help anyone out "

Well I can 100% agree with you being sweet and helping anyone

over a year ago

"hi, my name's Quack, and i am the queeeeen of stubborn.

Haha! Hi Quack, We may need to share that crown

*Ahem*"

Good point, we need a few crowns

By *atenaWoman
over a year ago

Hyde

Somethings and sometimes I will be stubborn if I think there is a reason to be...

But I'm not an asshole just because I can be.... that gets me nowhere

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Depends on what it is, was told I was stupid and wouldn't get to uni. Which just spurred me on to go do it. And I can be stubborn for example in dance class if I can't get a move done, I'll just keep doing it until I can.

With people no I don't see the point. If I argue or fall out I'll do my best to sort it, even if I have to apologise first

over a year ago

No!..... Maybe a little.

over a year ago

I’m def like that. I blame the Scorpio in me

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Depends on what it is, was told I was stupid and wouldn't get to uni. Which just spurred me on to go do it. And I can be stubborn for example in dance class if I can't get a move done, I'll just keep doing it until I can.

With people no I don't see the point. If I argue or fall out I'll do my best to sort it, even if I have to apologise first "

Yeah stupid was my big one, too.

over a year ago

Not stubborn at all, no, it's unproductive. Persistent, yes - my ex used to say I was persistent like damp....

(I took that as the compliment it was intended to be.... )

over a year ago

I don’t think I’m particularly stubborn. I’m strong minded if I need to be, but I’m also fairly laid back

over a year ago

Depends how passionate I feel about it tbh.

over a year ago

"Depends how passionate I feel about it tbh."

I'm the same.

I don't think I'd describe myself as stubborn but as I get older I've learned how to stand up for myself and I like to rebel every now and again

By *evil-AngelWoman
over a year ago

I'm not stubborn for the sake of it, and I am open to having my mind changed if someone has a different opinion to me.

If, after listening to the other opinions, I still think I'm right then I won't give in.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'm fairly or very stubborn. It can be helpful or obstructive. I like to collaborate rather than be dictated to.

over a year ago

Im not stubborn at all, not a stubborn bone in my body.

over a year ago

"Im not stubborn at all, not a stubborn bone in my body.

"

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I can't even spell stoobbern.

over a year ago

"I can't even spell stoobbern. "

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

I’m not stubborn, but I am tenacious. If I have a goal in mind I will achieve it eventually. But I’m prepared to listen and be flexible to achieve that aim.

I think there is a difference between being stubborn and knowing your own mind. Quite often people aren’t stubborn at all, you just need to find the right way to communicate and be persuasive.

over a year ago

"I’m not stubborn, but I am tenacious. If I have a goal in mind I will achieve it eventually. But I’m prepared to listen and be flexible to achieve that aim.

I think there is a difference between being stubborn and knowing your own mind. Quite often people aren’t stubborn at all, you just need to find the right way to communicate and be persuasive. "

I have to agree with this (your definitely tenacious ) but seriously, stubborn isn't always the right word to use. Strong willed, independent, head strong and tenacious all work and probably discribe 'stubborn' people a lot better. I've been called all sorts over the years so being called stubborn really doesn't phase me and I'll be the first to admit that I can be. Speak to me on the correct level and yes, it's possible to get through to me. There is a very big difference in being spoken at and spoken to though. The language and tone used can be the difference in me listening or being determined to never hear another word you say again.

You are one of the few people that can say you've cracked my stubborn side, more than once

over a year ago

"Are you stubborn? Will you deliberately do something because you've been told not to? Or just to get up people's nose?

I'll admit I can be very stubborn. I won't do something to deliberately upset someone but I hate being told what to do. If I've set my mind to it, it's happening no matter what anyone else says. "

I don't envy your boss!

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

Handsome and stubborn I've been told...

over a year ago

"Are you stubborn? Will you deliberately do something because you've been told not to? Or just to get up people's nose?

I'll admit I can be very stubborn. I won't do something to deliberately upset someone but I hate being told what to do. If I've set my mind to it, it's happening no matter what anyone else says.

I don't envy your boss!"

I am the boss

over a year ago

I don't envy your boss!

I am the boss "

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I'll admit I can be very stubborn. I won't do something to deliberately upset someone but I hate being told what to do. If I've set my mind to it, it's happening no matter what anyone else says. "

I'm tenacious

Not stubborn

over a year ago

Determined? Dogmatic? Opinionated? Never stubborn

over a year ago

O yer I’m bad for itv

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

I don't envy your boss!"

You should. He’s fucking awesome

By *ornyhappyCouple
over a year ago

perth

I prefer to say I'm determined

K

over a year ago

Not stubborn in the slightest. I'm a quiet life kinda person.

over a year ago

"I prefer to say I'm determined

K"

Nothing wrong with being determined

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

"I’m not stubborn, but I am tenacious. If I have a goal in mind I will achieve it eventually. But I’m prepared to listen and be flexible to achieve that aim.

I think there is a difference between being stubborn and knowing your own mind. Quite often people aren’t stubborn at all, you just need to find the right way to communicate and be persuasive.

I have to agree with this (your definitely tenacious ) but seriously, stubborn isn't always the right word to use. Strong willed, independent, head strong and tenacious all work and probably discribe 'stubborn' people a lot better. I've been called all sorts over the years so being called stubborn really doesn't phase me and I'll be the first to admit that I can be. Speak to me on the correct level and yes, it's possible to get through to me. There is a very big difference in being spoken at and spoken to though. The language and tone used can be the difference in me listening or being determined to never hear another word you say again.

You are one of the few people that can say you've cracked my stubborn side, more than once "

There is so much truth in this. Tell me what to do and you might as well talk to yourself, but if you offer me an alternative suggestion I’ll listen when you try to convince me it’s better.

How we are spoken to is just as important as the content of the message. Everybody has a different communication style. You only have to read a few threads on here to see that. Effective communication requires flexibility and adaption, and to do that one must listen.

People think communication is all about talking, but listening is far more important. It means that when you do speak, your words are effective Xx

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Absolutely not.....

Unless.... Someone tells me to do something. Get to feck ya ignorant cunt. I'm easy on if they don't say please but makes decent eye contact with eyebrow movement or is giving me a thumb up at the time kinda thing, you know what I mean, when the body language is talking and you know it's not meant in a rude way. But if some cunt proper tells me in a rude way then no chance unless it's panicked rudeness or life saving ya know. Exceptional circumstances.

I've forgotten the rest of the question

Oh, if I know full on that someone is a complete prick, then no amount of someone telling me they once saved a kitten is gonna change my mind about them. I might not be as aggy about them, but we won't be friends and it will be civil at best and that's at a push.

I wouldn't call myself stubborn when it comes to other stuff, I would just say that I stand by my convictions. If I believe in something I believe in something, like, you won't get me to change my moral code.

Post new Message to Thread