Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fwb help

Jump to newest

By *illowz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Exeter

Hello.

Single female here. How do I go about looking for a fwb. Add an extra bit to the bottom of my profile? add a status?

I was thinking I could start doing social meets soon.

I'm getting a bit tired of fucking my way through Fab, and would like to try new things with a partner I could trust

Any ideas on how to go about it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/06/20 19:00:54]

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Discuss it with the people you meet. Ask them if they want repeat meets.

I wouldn't put it on my profile because some men will say anything for a shag. So they will lie and say they want to be FWB too, when they actually just want the Fuck part.

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Maybe try communicating for a while and meeting a few times socially to establish the friend part, before moving onto the benefits?

By *akbearMan
over a year ago

Newbury

[Removed by poster at 23/06/20 19:35:22]

By *akbearMan
over a year ago

Newbury

Sorry, that was I'd settle for a fw/ob!

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I personally don't think that you can *look* for an FWB, much the same as you can't look for a boyfriend or girlfriend - all you can do is be open to the idea, meet people, and see if you click with anyone. Not being negative in any way, I just don't think these things can be forced, no matter how much you want them.

By *illowz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Exeter

"I personally don't think that you can *look* for an FWB, much the same as you can't look for a boyfriend or girlfriend - all you can do is be open to the idea, meet people, and see if you click with anyone. Not being negative in any way, I just don't think these things can be forced, no matter how much you want them. "

To be honest, I think you're probably right. Guess I just need to keep meeting people and see who clicks with me

By *S1407Couple
over a year ago

dartford

"I personally don't think that you can *look* for an FWB, much the same as you can't look for a boyfriend or girlfriend - all you can do is be open to the idea, meet people, and see if you click with anyone. Not being negative in any way, I just don't think these things can be forced, no matter how much you want them.

To be honest, I think you're probably right. Guess I just need to keep meeting people and see who clicks with me "

Further to the above you could say you are looking for regulars friends rather than one offs. Don’t say you are looking for an fwb. We have regular friends including girlfriends and sometimes one of us will accompany the girlfriend to meets or clubs, mainly for safety reasons

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Say it on your profile you are looking regular rather than one offs. They arent easy to find but when you do it's so worth it. Especially if you have been clear with each other on what you both want and what you want as in a fb a fwb a relationship etc. It will only work I find if you both are on the same page.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Mine was a meet that wasn't suppose to go anywhere, but we kept on finding mutual spare time to meet each other on purpose.

Take it steady and keep on meeting people and see what develops from it

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Mine was a meet that wasn't suppose to go anywhere, but we kept on finding mutual spare time to meet each other on purpose.

Take it steady and keep on meeting people and see what develops from it"

Pretty much.

By *latinumkittenWoman
over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

I have more than one and I'm still in touch with one from 25 yrs ago.

Find out if you click as friends and have things in common - same sense of humour, values etc. Then if you click sexually you're on to a winner.

In my experience, it's an organic thing that grows over time, like any friendship.

Relax, enjoy getting to know people online, or at socials. It's not a quick fix - more of a slow burn that will naturally mean something, or fade away over time.

It can also be someone you wouldn't necessarily think twice about in those first fleeting moments, because it's not about the initial 'fancy pants' attraction.

Trust your gut, and ask yourself, do you enjoy their company?

Good luck finding what you're looking for x

By *B 4099Man
over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

"Say it on your profile you are looking regular rather than one offs. They arent easy to find but when you do it's so worth it. Especially if you have been clear with each other on what you both want and what you want as in a fb a fwb a relationship etc. It will only work I find if you both are on the same page. "

As Bo said above. State it on your page you aren't looking for 1 off meets, and want regular meets with a select few. From that few suggest the idea to them see if they are OK with it and make it very clear between you both that it is or isn't ok to see other people. The lines can get blurred and you can find yourself hurting a friends feelings or the other way around unintentionally.

By *illowz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Exeter

Thanks for the advice everyone. Lots of helpful ideas

Post new Message to Thread