FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Short and sweet or a longer first message showing intelligence?

Jump to newest

By *oungAndFreeOnes OP   Couple
over a year ago

Telford

Hi all, NOT a moan here BUT a genuine question.

Do you couples and single females prefer short messages which could quickly lead to "want to meet?"

OR do you people prefer longer stimulating messages?

Had mixed results with both, just wandering which is more successful???!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Longer messages don’t mean intelligence. Sometimes people can waffle on about absolutely nothing.

I do that all the time

over a year ago

Telford

"Longer messages don’t mean intelligence. Sometimes people can waffle on about absolutely nothing.

I do that all the time "

I get you

By that I mean there is more intelligence used in trying to hold a convo rather than "hi.. want a fuck?"

That make more sense?

over a year ago

"Longer messages don’t mean intelligence. Sometimes people can waffle on about absolutely nothing.

I do that all the time

I get you

By that I mean there is more intelligence used in trying to hold a convo rather than "hi.. want a fuck?"

That make more sense? "

Either one in the extreme can make for a bad first message.

A long winded message to someone that you don’t know is pretty challenging. How do you know what to talk to this person about? If a first message is too log I tend not to read it.

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

I like a first message that shows they have read my profile before at least. If I get a first message asking if I want to meet I tend to ignore them as they just want a quick f*&k.

over a year ago

You have to have more than a 'good first message' if you want to get on with someone.

It also depends whether you're hoping for a meet or just having fun in the forum's.

over a year ago

It only makes a difference if they have read the profile first..if not it gets ignored whatever they send

over a year ago

Telford

"It only makes a difference if they have read the profile first..if not it gets ignored whatever they send"

This is fair. We always read profiles if we are SENDING first but occasionally forget if we are replying, mainly as we just respond ha!.

Cheers guys. Some pointers here

By *he Yorkshire StripperMan
over a year ago

Laceby

Include a face pic as at the end of the day if they don’t fancy you it really doesn’t matter what you write and if they do like you then they’ll take a bit more notice of your words!

So If they are still interested I show I’ve read their profile by mentioning something and then I give them the no worries if you don’t want to take this further.

You can write war and peace and they not fancy you or if you just put a one liner and they like you they may think it’s going to be hard chatting to this guy.

Do not ever send another message...in fact don’t ever look to see if the message has been read...as that can lead to madness!

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

From experience we’ve had more luck with guys who have sent the shorter messages that catch the attention than someone that’s written loads (and usually just changed a copy and paste type message)

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"From experience we’ve had more luck with guys who have sent the shorter messages that catch the attention than someone that’s written loads (and usually just changed a copy and paste type message) "

That's if they even bother to change the copy and paste message lol

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

We want messages that show somebody is actually interested in us as people and not just opportunities to shag. We don't want to meet anybody we don't get on with. They need to show that they think there is some reason why we might get on. That would most likely involve reading our profile and saying something that relates to it.

over a year ago

According to a study realised by Sydney university, a message containing 989 words has more chance of getting a reply

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

A brief, but articulate introductory message which show a degree of thought and intelligence

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

Its all about the quality of a message, not size. Seen some good, bad and great messages of all sizes. But don't forget profiles are important too. When someone reads a message they look at the profile too. So if your not what their looking for and/or attracted to all the message skill in the world won't help.

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Size doesn't matter. It's all about the emotion in the promotion

Post new Message to Thread