Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Well the nights are drawing in again

Jump to newest

By *ob Carpe Diem OP   Man
over a year ago

Torquay

Always find it odd that most of the summer is still to come but the longest day has gone already

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Still light here

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"Always find it odd that most of the summer is still to come but the longest day has gone already"
Yes true enough I only heard the summer solstice mentioned nothing about the longest day on the radio If you take the year 2020 and add the day 20th of june 3 20,s in a row has never happened before and will never happen again ..

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 22/06/20 22:34:07]

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Oops deleted by accident. Won't it also happen in July, August, September, October, November and December ?

over a year ago

"Always find it odd that most of the summer is still to come but the longest day has gone already"

Yea and not one game of cricket yet

By *illyjohnyCouple
over a year ago

brighton

"Always find it odd that most of the summer is still to come but the longest day has gone alreadyYes true enough I only heard the summer solstice mentioned nothing about the longest day on the radio If you take the year 2020 and add the day 20th of june 3 20,s in a row has never happened before and will never happen again .. "

20:20 20th June 2020 = 5 20's in a row

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Always find it odd that most of the summer is still to come but the longest day has gone alreadyYes true enough I only heard the summer solstice mentioned nothing about the longest day on the radio If you take the year 2020 and add the day 20th of june 3 20,s in a row has never happened before and will never happen again .. "

aren't the summer solstice and longest day the same thing?

over a year ago

Awe no its peaked already that is odd though.

We haven't had much of a summer yet. They use to say flaming June but now it's flaming terrible.

From what I can remember we now have the better weather from July.

over a year ago

"Awe no its peaked already that is odd though.

We haven't had much of a summer yet. They use to say flaming June but now it's flaming terrible.

From what I can remember we now have the better weather from July.

"

Can you not remember as far back to April and may and yes I know not summer

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"Oops deleted by accident. Won't it also happen in July, August, September, October, November and December ?"
I,m refering to the longest day only next year it will be 2021 on longest day 2021 20th of june

over a year ago

"Oops deleted by accident. Won't it also happen in July, August, September, October, November and December ? I,m refering to the longest day only next year it will be 2021 on longest day 2021 20th of june "

Will the cricket be back by then?

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"Always find it odd that most of the summer is still to come but the longest day has gone alreadyYes true enough I only heard the summer solstice mentioned nothing about the longest day on the radio If you take the year 2020 and add the day 20th of june 3 20,s in a row has never happened before and will never happen again ..

20:20 20th June 2020 = 5 20's in a row "

thats cheating..

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

20th June always longest day of the year if I recall, it’s my birthday so always a good day for a party (normally)

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Oops deleted by accident. Won't it also happen in July, August, September, October, November and December ? I,m refering to the longest day only next year it will be 2021 on longest day 2021 20th of june "

it'll be 21st June next year so 21 2021

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"20th June always longest day of the year if I recall, it’s my birthday so always a good day for a party (normally)"

it shifts between 20th, 21st and 22nd

over a year ago

Torquay

Always warmer in July and August from my memory, guess that's why the school holidays are normally then, September can be quite warm also. Plenty of time for cricket although it lasts forever sometimes (what other sport has two meal breaks). Looking forward to Epsom myself

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Winter's coming.

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"Oops deleted by accident. Won't it also happen in July, August, September, October, November and December ? I,m refering to the longest day only next year it will be 2021 on longest day 2021 20th of june

it'll be 21st June next year so 21 2021 "

And there was I thinking the longest day was always on 20th of june I stand corrected your right I,m getting mixed up with the first day of spring 20th of march oh well apologies all for that I,ll alter it around to the first day of spring Instead

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Oops deleted by accident. Won't it also happen in July, August, September, October, November and December ? I,m refering to the longest day only next year it will be 2021 on longest day 2021 20th of june

it'll be 21st June next year so 21 2021 And there was I thinking the longest day was always on 20th of june I stand corrected your right I,m getting mixed up with the first day of spring 20th of march oh well apologies all for that I,ll alter it around to the first day of spring Instead "

have a look on google for the vernal equinox

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

it'll be 21st June next year so 21 2021 And there was I thinking the longest day was always on 20th of june I stand corrected your right I,m getting mixed up with the first day of spring 20th of march oh well apologies all for that I,ll alter it around to the first day of spring Instead

have a look on google for the vernal equinox"

over a year ago

"Always warmer in July and August from my memory, guess that's why the school holidays are normally then, September can be quite warm also. Plenty of time for cricket although it lasts forever sometimes (what other sport has two meal breaks). Looking forward to Epsom myself"

Going back a few years I know but I can remember sunbathing down at camber sands in late October

over a year ago

Torquay

"Always warmer in July and August from my memory, guess that's why the school holidays are normally then, September can be quite warm also. Plenty of time for cricket although it lasts forever sometimes (what other sport has two meal breaks). Looking forward to Epsom myself

Going back a few years I know but I can remember sunbathing down at camber sands in late October "

That might be more to do with Dungeness power station, did you catch any two headed fish?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

Nights are drawing in, it's nearly winter. Don't forget your big coat when you go out, but make sure you take it off indoors or you won't feel the benefit

over a year ago

According to the website timeanddate.com sunrise in Leicester was at 04:40 for 11 consecutive days, 12th-22 June, and sunset is 21:32 from the 21st-27th June, so for now, in Leicester at least, the nights are not starting to draw in...

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Glass half empty..... just what everyone needs

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Strange quirk but looking at my towns "lighting up" times, sunset is still slightly later than yesterday. Sunrise however is getting later.

over a year ago

A good explanation of why the earliest and latest sunrise and sunset times are not always on the solstices can be found here

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/equation-of-time.html

Post new Message to Thread