Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Female friends

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Queenies thread got me thinking,

Ladies do you have a lot of female friends? More than male ones? Or do you find it easier to make male friends than female?

I have a handful of true female friends, I've always found it easier to make friends with men than women.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have really close trustworthy male and female friends

over a year ago

"I have really close trustworthy male and female friends "

I find it easy to make friends with both

over a year ago

I’ve always gotten on better with men, but I do have a few female friends

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I have a mix of both, don't particularly think gender is important for making friendships. They all have different strengths as friends but I love them all, I admire their ability to put up my craziness.

over a year ago

I have both ....

over a year ago

I have both, but currently have more female friends.

My friends are kind, supportive, uplifting and accept me for who I am

over a year ago

I have both !

over a year ago

"I have a mix of both, don't particularly think gender is important for making friendships. They all have different strengths as friends but I love them all, I admire their ability to put up my craziness. "

I'm always saying that to my friends, not sure how they put up with my crazy but they love me regardless

over a year ago

My best friends are men, and one woman.

I get on with most people, but I definitely find it harder to be close friends with women.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Im willing to consider a few female friends (even platonic) - just to help even things out.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I have a mix of both, don't particularly think gender is important for making friendships. They all have different strengths as friends but I love them all, I admire their ability to put up my craziness.

I'm always saying that to my friends, not sure how they put up with my crazy but they love me regardless "

That's the thing I know I'm bloody hard work to be mates with, but they all seem to shrug it off saying I wouldn't be me if I wasn't.

over a year ago

I have always had male friends rather than female ones as I found the women around me to be too judging and boring. However that has changed after meeting some truly wonderful women on here, who have become very close in real life too.

over a year ago

"Queenies thread got me thinking,

Ladies do you have a lot of female friends? More than male ones? Or do you find it easier to make male friends than female?

I have a handful of true female friends, I've always found it easier to make friends with men than women. "

No, but then I don't have many friends anyway. Most of thrm are men though

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

I have both but many more male friends and acquaintances mostly due to my line of work, more Male dominated

Jo x

over a year ago

i get on easier with men, that's probably the ex army in me. I mostly worked with men and they were such a cracking laugh.

over a year ago

I get on better with men generally, but I have a few absolutely amazing female friends who I think of as sisters. Men are just easy going and say it as it is - I like that!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't make friends easily with anybody, male or female. I have one man friend and three women friends.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I used to only be friends with men, but that's changed as I've become more comfortable in myself. It's probably 60-40 women to men these days.

over a year ago

i don't have friends full stop, regardless of gender.

By *evil-AngelWoman
over a year ago

I have one good female friend, I would like more to be honest.

After ending my marriage I am starting to build friendships that will hopefully last.

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

I dont make friends easily....but have 1 I would trust with my life and she knows everything

Others are a mix but never really let my guard down with them

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Just female friends. I was painfully shy when I was younger, could not talk to guys....not much has changed! Went to an all girls secondary school too which didnt help.

And I have a twin sister who is my best friend so I never felt the need for real close female friend. We do have 2 pals from school we still connect with. My sis doesnt know everything about me....Fab for instance, she does not know.

Have a few female friends my sis does not know and they know I swing.

Cant even imagine having a male close friend....well having said that, I do have a male gay friend from work and he knows I swing. He is a hornbag and always hooking up with guys. He is great fun. MrD and himself have met and get on great.

MsD

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I have more male friends than female.

The few I have are similar to me, I struggle with most female conversations as find the usual topics so meh. With females I find I know within a couple of hours whether we are going to be mates.

The exception to that is the group of 12 friends from school, we are all very different but there is a bound that keeps us together. We are are all so very different and when we get together, once a year, it’s like we’ve never been apart.

over a year ago

"Just female friends. I was painfully shy when I was younger, could not talk to guys....not much has changed! Went to an all girls secondary school too which didnt help.

And I have a twin sister who is my best friend so I never felt the need for real close female friend. We do have 2 pals from school we still connect with. My sis doesnt know everything about me....Fab for instance, she does not know.

Have a few female friends my sis does not know and they know I swing.

Cant even imagine having a male close friend....well having said that, I do have a male gay friend from work and he knows I swing. He is a hornbag and always hooking up with guys. He is great fun. MrD and himself have met and get on great.

MsD"

There's very few people in my life that know about Fab. 2 of my siblings and two friends (one of them was the one that introduced me to Fab) My best friend knows I'm on something that isn't Tinder but that's it. I've always lived my life slightly differently so anyone that knows and loves me is pretty used to it.

over a year ago

Always have to remember us guys are the better sex we don't moan we always do what the woman wants us to do

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"Queenies thread got me thinking,

I have a handful of true female friends, I've always found it easier to make friends with men than women. "

I used to have more male friends than female, but now I'm much more comfortable in a females company. I think the conversation is so much more fun and enlightening

OK I'm really sounding fkn old now

By *ohnjones3210Man
over a year ago

Chester

Most of my female friends don't have many (if any) female friends. My understanding is that women generally don't like other women.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Most of my female friends don't have many (if any) female friends. My understanding is that women generally don't like other women. "

That's sometimes true. I think the stories we tell ourselves about women don't help. At least that's what I've found.

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

I tend to make more male friends for general chit chat though lately that's been changing.

For real life tho I've 3 besties. 1 male 2 female

By *oxyvixen99Woman
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Ive lots of great female friends..some from being at school together. We get on extremely well and always support and praise each other.

over a year ago

"Most of my female friends don't have many (if any) female friends. My understanding is that women generally don't like other women. "

I think it's like any other situation, everyone is different. I've just always found it easier to build close friendships with men but I know not all women are the same.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I get on well with males and females but feel more at ease with males as find alot of women can be intimidating. I definately prefer working with males to females.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Probably 50/50. I'd never really thought about it til now.

over a year ago

It is a mix. There used to be more male as I never been a type of girl who wanted to chat every day, go everywhere together and be joint at the hip and it seemed these were the type of females I used to attract. I had no need for that and found it overwhelming . Still do to an extent. It's more balanced now since becoming a mother.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

In real life and fab life it's both tbh

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Always been mostly men, although as I'm getting older I seem to be making a few more female friends.

Here on fab I feel blessed to be making some damn good friends, especially recently

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I don’t really trust women. I’ve had two try it on with men i’ve been dating so i treat women with a bit of suspicion.

Plus some women can be right bitchy.

Give me a straight talking no nonsense man any day of the week. They generally have my sense of humour too.

That said, i do have two close female friends, our friendship does well because we see each other irregularly due to distance.

Post new Message to Thread