Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Are dieting over complicated?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I think it is with all these fancy names from atkins to weight watchers, at the end of the day it comes down whether you are in a calorie deficit or a surplus depending on what goal someone have, it doesnt matter if those calories comes from just protein carbs or fat

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes.

But it's a money making business

If you had a diet book that said

" Stop fucking eating.

The End "

No one would buy it

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

"Yes.

" Stop fucking eating.

The End "

No one would buy it "

Sounds like a bloody good book

When are you publishing it?

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Eat less ...move about more

over a year ago

"Yes.

" Stop fucking eating.

The End "

No one would buy it

Sounds like a bloody good book

When are you publishing it? "

I might write a whole series of self help books

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I agree named diets are usually just fads. Losing weight is just consuming fewer calories than you use, however having a diet that has lots of protein helps you feel full so less likely to snack and more likely to succeed. Eating the right nutrients is important for your health. So a good diet would take those things into account and not just look at calories.

over a year ago

"Yes.

" Stop fucking eating.

The End "

No one would buy it "

That is right, that is why noone can fight against the law of thermogenesis, hence why I advice flexible dieting as the best approach as someone can enjoy all the foods from the food groups

By *hortarseWoman
over a year ago

Norfolk

"Yes.

" Stop fucking eating.

The End "

No one would buy it "

I tried that made me ill

over a year ago

"Yes.

" Stop fucking eating.

The End "

No one would buy it

I tried that made me ill "

Yep me too - along with every other diet / healthy eating plan known to man

Now I eat what I want to eat - I enjoy exercise and am very overweight but I no longer care.

I have wasted so many years trying to to look a certain way.

I'm the biggest I've ever been now and I'm just tired of it all.

I'm trying to just accept my fat body.

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"Yes.

" Stop fucking eating.

The End "

No one would buy it

I tried that made me ill

Now I eat what I want to eat - I enjoy exercise and am very overweight but I no longer care.

"

Acceptance is good. You have the body that lots of women would dream of, and a few blokes too

over a year ago

"Yes.

" Stop fucking eating.

The End "

No one would buy it

I tried that made me ill

Acceptance is good. You have the body that lots of women would dream of, and a few blokes too "

I doubt that lol - but yes acceptance is the way forward.

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"Yes.

" Stop fucking eating.

The End "

No one would buy it

I tried that made me ill

Acceptance is good. You have the body that lots of women would dream of, and a few blokes too

I doubt that lol - but yes acceptance is the way forward.

"

There are lots of women who would love to have your body. You literally have the ideal body for them.

It’s worth remembering that sometimes.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Yes.

If i had someone to motivate me, like Jason Mamoa swinging his cock in my face and telling me if i lost 7 stone he’d fuck me then i’d be eating salad for days (months even....maybe).

As it is? I cannae be arsed.

over a year ago

Caloric deficit is the key however when done correctly does normally involve some form of diet. The concept to me has been less of x and more of y. So more chicken, less bread is always a good one. I’ve lost almost 9 stone in a little over 2 years and that’s come down to a complete change but not a big one. I stop eating when full and stop snacking as much but I still indulge from time to time as I do like food. On top of that regular exercise and a solid group of friends for that ever needed morale boost. That’s the key if you’re losing weight, don’t try to force it and just make small changes.

Fad diets suck and rarely have the long term desired effect plus if you wind up losing so much weight quickly your body won’t adapt as quickly and skin may stay loose.

But you are right, it makes money. Lose 30lbs in 30 days is a much more attractive proposition to calorie count, cut and exercise haha.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Sine people need diets because they don’t understand nutrition etc but yeah they all pretty much say the same. Personally I like to fast from food occasionally, between 1 and 7 days. Such a little organ can be so stroppy and demanding , it’s good to put it back in its place sometimes and remember why it is we eat - for health, strength and to be social, not to compensate for a shitty life.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"Yes.

" Stop fucking eating.

The End "

No one would buy it "

Brilliant!

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Caloric deficit is the key however when done correctly does normally involve some form of diet. The concept to me has been less of x and more of y. So more chicken, less bread is always a good one. I’ve lost almost 9 stone in a little over 2 years and that’s come down to a complete change but not a big one. I stop eating when full and stop snacking as much but I still indulge from time to time as I do like food. On top of that regular exercise and a solid group of friends for that ever needed morale boost. That’s the key if you’re losing weight, don’t try to force it and just make small changes.

Fad diets suck and rarely have the long term desired effect plus if you wind up losing so much weight quickly your body won’t adapt as quickly and skin may stay loose.

But you are right, it makes money. Lose 30lbs in 30 days is a much more attractive proposition to calorie count, cut and exercise haha. "

Well done, stopping eating when full and stopping snacking is probably the hardest thing for most people. How did you do it ? What makes you stop now when you continued eating before ?

over a year ago

I have never dieted in my life when I put on weight few years back through losing my hubby and feeling lost, I stopped buying rubbish, stopped takeaways, stopped all alcohol and took up running again and cycling I went down three dress sizes, I eat two to three meals a day, I don't snack in between, I indulge in chocolate once a week, I have one glass of wine couple of times a week and make sure I move often during the day and run or cycle every day, I find I can eat most things in moderation

over a year ago

"Caloric deficit is the key however when done correctly does normally involve some form of diet. The concept to me has been less of x and more of y. So more chicken, less bread is always a good one. I’ve lost almost 9 stone in a little over 2 years and that’s come down to a complete change but not a big one. I stop eating when full and stop snacking as much but I still indulge from time to time as I do like food. On top of that regular exercise and a solid group of friends for that ever needed morale boost. That’s the key if you’re losing weight, don’t try to force it and just make small changes.

But you are right, it makes money. Lose 30lbs in 30 days is a much more attractive proposition to calorie count, cut and exercise haha.

Well done, stopping eating when full and stopping snacking is probably the hardest thing for most people. How did you do it ? What makes you stop now when you continued eating before ? "

Honestly it came down to health, I was always a larger but very active guy. Probably hovering around 20 stone but I’m stocky so wasn’t too bad. Injury from sports lead to a huge increase in weight as I didn’t eat well and it got to the point where I was truly unhappy. Found the motivation, had a solid group of friends on my back, not just pandering to me but actively telling me I need to do something and I found my motivation.

That’s the toughest part, if you’re trying to lose weight without that motivation you will almost always fail. Now I’m training to run a marathon so it’s all on the up. The motivation to stop snacking now is that I will never allow myself to get like that. I’m far happier now and long may it continue

over a year ago

Well done, stopping eating when full and stopping snacking is probably the hardest thing for most people. How did you do it ? What makes you stop now when you continued eating before ?

Honestly it came down to health, I was always a larger but very active guy. Probably hovering around 20 stone but I’m stocky so wasn’t too bad. Injury from sports lead to a huge increase in weight as I didn’t eat well and it got to the point where I was truly unhappy. Found the motivation, had a solid group of friends on my back, not just pandering to me but actively telling me I need to do something and I found my motivation.

That’s the toughest part, if you’re trying to lose weight without that motivation you will almost always fail. Now I’m training to run a marathon so it’s all on the up. The motivation to stop snacking now is that I will never allow myself to get like that. I’m far happier now and long may it continue"

Totally agree it's tough but having a challenge helps to steer the motivation for me it was walking the west Highland way that propelled me to make changes

over a year ago

"Totally agree it's tough but having a challenge helps to steer the motivation for me it was walking the west Highland way that propelled me to make changes "

Well this is it. I started out by just bettering myself then went to weight aims. I then did 2 charity boxing matches (won 1 first round lost 1 on points) and then lockdown forced my hand so I started running. Went from barely being able to run a mile to running 10 yesterday so marathon training is working haha

over a year ago

"Totally agree it's tough but having a challenge helps to steer the motivation for me it was walking the west Highland way that propelled me to make changes

Well this is it. I started out by just bettering myself then went to weight aims. I then did 2 charity boxing matches (won 1 first round lost 1 on points) and then lockdown forced my hand so I started running. Went from barely being able to run a mile to running 10 yesterday so marathon training is working haha"

That's brilliant, my work had a challenge in May 5km à day i started with 5.6km and was running between 6km and 10km every day went upt o 12 km towards the last week then ran 20km on the last day so in May I found I had ran 175miles so chuffed and I dropped a whole dress size feeling really good more energy and its for me not for anyone else's benefit think that is what's important needs to be self motivated and not because someone tells us. Keep it up it's worth it maybe we will be running in the same marathon

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Eat sensibly, read food labels and drink plenty water and a diet would never be necessary. Just a money making business in my eyes.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

That’s the toughest part, if you’re trying to lose weight without that motivation you will almost always fail. Now I’m training to run a marathon so it’s all on the up. The motivation to stop snacking now is that I will never allow myself to get like that. I’m far happier now and long may it continue

Totally agree it's tough but having a challenge helps to steer the motivation for me it was walking the west Highland way that propelled me to make changes "

Well done both of you

Yes those challenges help , when I first lost weight I was running 1/2s did my first full and then switched to fell running, hiking and climbing.

But I think through the process you change your relationship to food and start eating for the right reasons again. The hikes/runs just make that a little easier

over a year ago

"That's brilliant, my work had a challenge in May 5km à day i started with 5.6km and was running between 6km and 10km every day went upt o 12 km towards the last week then ran 20km on the last day so in May I found I had ran 175miles so chuffed and I dropped a whole dress size feeling really good more energy and its for me not for anyone else's benefit think that is what's important needs to be self motivated and not because someone tells us. Keep it up it's worth it maybe we will be running in the same marathon "

That’s a fantastic effort! I assume this wasn’t starting from scratch? If so that’s amazing.

I can’t do more than 3/4 runs a week. My knees are battered from contact sports so I’d only run myself into the ground haha. I’m doing about 30km a week at present

over a year ago

I was doing one of these plans before lockdown and had lost my 1st stone but since we have been paying for online access and Zoom calls

I am a soft touch as I only pay so the Leader can stil have an income but I am not following the plan any more (and of course gained weight lol)

I used to calorie and macro count on MFP so might just go back to that as I know it is basic body science of in v out. Plus I have just got a new job with a pay rise so thinking of employing a PT for a couple of sessions a week as know I will not go to the gym on my own

Any takers lol x

over a year ago

I seem to do well with intermittent fasting (only recently found out it was called this) where I start the clock after my first coffee, got 8 hours to fill ma boots, then that's me for daily intake.

over a year ago

It's definitely not the end of dieting. Most of us have got out of shape since the lockdown and people will be looking for the next get slim quick diet.

over a year ago

"It's definitely not the end of dieting. Most of us have got out of shape since the lockdown and people will be looking for the next get slim quick diet."

Yep, unfortunately it’s the speed people want over patience. Dieting will only get bigger with more options

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My mum was often on a diet, even now in her late 80s she diets despite being very frail. She's always had a very unhealthy relationship with food and as soon as anything stressful happens eats a load of rubbish and if she's ill in any way stops eating almost everything except a ridiculously limited range of food. It's like a reward and punishment scheme. She sees limiting what she eats as something to be proud of. I realise that she's probably had an eating disorder most of her life or at least an odd relationship with food but a lot of her attitude is based on what she's learned from the dieting industry, labelling foods as bad, that bloomin Slimming World lot even call certain food "syns" . She talks in terms of having been "good" if she's only eaten very little and "naughty" if she's eaten stuff she feels she shouldn't have, I've heard other people talk that way too. I'm not surprised diets fail if they make people feel bad about themselves in that way. Also if one more person says "ok you're naughty" when they see me eating cake I won't be responsible for my actions.

over a year ago

Everyone knows what you should or shouldn’t put in your mouths.. if you eat something unhealthy make the next meal healthy or try and eat well Monday to Thursday and enjoy a few treats at the weekend. It’s not rocket science people. And exercise is the key but regularly not just as and when. And stop making excuses!

over a year ago

Its not complicated and never has been, the basic principles have always been the same, eat less than you need and you'll lose weight.

The major issue is the marketing. Fancy names, often very bad science comes along with it and a celebrity endorsement whereby they lost 18lbs in 3 weeks or the guy gained 6lbs of muscle in 6 weeks.

Neither claim is remotely possible, people get brainwashed and just see the end result.

Consistency is all that's needed, most of the fad diets cabt provide that. 800 cals a day on the cambridge diet. Lise a shit load of weight in 4 weeks, 90% of it will be water. Start eating normally again and reintroduce carbs and the weight piles back on and some usually.

By *achel SmythTV/TS
over a year ago

Farnborough

A few years ago I was well overweight, unfit and didnt care about diet or exercise. I then had a major health scare which made me look at myself. I have never dieted, nor never will, they simply don’t work - long term.

I just changed my lifestyle and changed my diet for good, and that way of life has endured. I’m now in far better shape (I was a dress size 22 now a 16) than I have been for years, I cycle, go to the Gym etc and yes I have a very occasional treat .... but it’s not the norm.

Do you need a diet plan that tells you what to eat ... we all know what food is good, and what food is bad for us .... eat lots of the former, and keep the latter for treats and special occasions - they taste soooo much better then.

My view on diet plans is that it is all clever marketing. They want you to lose weight and succeed .... but they also want to keep your business. They offer solutions they know are going to be short term and that work, but also want your repeat business when you put back the weight and go back to them.

Oh - I also ditched the carbs, you simply don’t need em!

Rachel xxxx

over a year ago

"Its not complicated and never has been, the basic principles have always been the same, eat less than you need and you'll lose weight.

The major issue is the marketing. Fancy names, often very bad science comes along with it and a celebrity endorsement whereby they lost 18lbs in 3 weeks or the guy gained 6lbs of muscle in 6 weeks.

Neither claim is remotely possible, people get brainwashed and just see the end result.

Consistency is all that's needed, most of the fad diets cabt provide that. 800 cals a day on the cambridge diet. Lise a shit load of weight in 4 weeks, 90% of it will be water. Start eating normally again and reintroduce carbs and the weight piles back on and some usually."

Yeah that’s the biggest issue. Any form of drastic caloric deficit will only lead to temporary loss. It’s also great that these celebrities get into shape but the advertisement misses out the help they’ve had. When you have someone doing all your food prep and someone else drilling you in the gym it does make it easier as it takes the element of control from you and puts it on someone else

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

Someone once pointed out. The hole in the mouth is bigger than the hole in the arse. Pretty much sums it up I thought

By *rre786Man
over a year ago

Reading

I lost 7 stone in about 3 years and have kept it off by making minor, sustainable lifestyle choices. Eating less (especially junk), walking more. Wasn't even my initial goal to lose weight, just sort of happened when I started making better choices.

I get that it's tough, and everyone has different needs. One path isn't going to suit everyone.

I feel making small, sustainable changes and taking time leads to better and more sustainable changes rather than short term fixes.

over a year ago

over a year ago

But you are right, it makes money. Lose 30lbs in 30 days is a much more attractive proposition to calorie count, cut and exercise haha. "

Well done pal and yes those plans always sell, the best way is to be consistent in a calorie deficit and along the way introduce refeed days, calorie counting is fun, my daily calorie budget is 2600 calories and I log it with a fun app called mynetdiary, it is interactive too

over a year ago

"I agree named diets are usually just fads. Losing weight is just consuming fewer calories than you use, however having a diet that has lots of protein helps you feel full so less likely to snack and more likely to succeed. Eating the right nutrients is important for your health. So a good diet would take those things into account and not just look at calories. "
That is right protein helps mske you feel too. I set my protein limit to 0.8 to 1g per pound of body weight

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

There's some really thought provoking stuff on here.. I myself need to lose about 10kg...lockdown hasn't helped at all... Of course knowing what to do.. And saying or writing what to do... Is a bloody site easier than actually doing it.

This Ted talk I found really interesting too.. https://youtu.be/vuIlsN32WaE

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

No but you're sure going to feel like shit doing it some ways.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/06/20 21:20:40]

over a year ago

Eat the correct amount to lose weight, move more and you should lose weight unless there is an underlying cause. Such as a thyroid problem.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/06/20 21:22:32]

over a year ago

"I agree named diets are usually just fads. Losing weight is just consuming fewer calories than you use, however having a diet that has lots of protein helps you feel full so less likely to snack and more likely to succeed. Eating the right nutrients is important for your health. So a good diet would take those things into account and not just look at calories. That is right protein helps mske you feel too. I set my protein limit to 0.8 to 1g per pound of body weight "
Here are my macros: Protein 26% carbs 44% fat 30% and my total calorie intake daily is 2600 so in numbers those percentages looks like this: Protein 160g, carbs 270g and the fats are at 80g

over a year ago

"I agree named diets are usually just fads. Losing weight is just consuming fewer calories than you use, however having a diet that has lots of protein helps you feel full so less likely to snack and more likely to succeed. Eating the right nutrients is important for your health. So a good diet would take those things into account and not just look at calories. That is right protein helps mske you feel too. I set my protein limit to 0.8 to 1g per pound of body weight Here are my macros: Protein 26% carbs 44% fat 30% and my total calorie intake daily is 2600 so in numbers those percentages looks like this: Protein 160g, carbs 270g and the fats are at 80g "

I've been keeping my daily fat intake at 30g or less and carbs no more than 150g and then aiming for over my daily allowance for protein each day. I've shifted 2 stone in the 12 weeks of lockdown by giving myself around a 500 calorie deficit daily and working out everyday. Also, you may not remember Shag but it was a chat with yourself that put me on the right path so many thanks

over a year ago

"I agree named diets are usually just fads. Losing weight is just consuming fewer calories than you use, however having a diet that has lots of protein helps you feel full so less likely to snack and more likely to succeed. Eating the right nutrients is important for your health. So a good diet would take those things into account and not just look at calories. That is right protein helps mske you feel too. I set my protein limit to 0.8 to 1g per pound of body weight Here are my macros: Protein 26% carbs 44% fat 30% and my total calorie intake daily is 2600 so in numbers those percentages looks like this: Protein 160g, carbs 270g and the fats are at 80g

I've been keeping my daily fat intake at 30g or less and carbs no more than 150g and then aiming for over my daily allowance for protein each day. I've shifted 2 stone in the 12 weeks of lockdown by giving myself around a 500 calorie deficit daily and working out everyday. Also, you may not remember Shag but it was a chat with yourself that put me on the right path so many thanks "

That is a good result as well pal and yes yw I think I remembered us chatting about it too, yeah it is a long jerney but a fun one to do

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I agree named diets are usually just fads. Losing weight is just consuming fewer calories than you use, however having a diet that has lots of protein helps you feel full so less likely to snack and more likely to succeed. Eating the right nutrients is important for your health. So a good diet would take those things into account and not just look at calories. That is right protein helps mske you feel too. I set my protein limit to 0.8 to 1g per pound of body weight Here are my macros: Protein 26% carbs 44% fat 30% and my total calorie intake daily is 2600 so in numbers those percentages looks like this: Protein 160g, carbs 270g and the fats are at 80g

I've been keeping my daily fat intake at 30g or less and carbs no more than 150g and then aiming for over my daily allowance for protein each day. I've shifted 2 stone in the 12 weeks of lockdown by giving myself around a 500 calorie deficit daily and working out everyday. Also, you may not remember Shag but it was a chat with yourself that put me on the right path so many thanks "

Amazing... Take a bow

Was it a big change to what you were doing? Any hunger or just powering through it?

By *reat me rightWoman
over a year ago

Rotherham

Since going into isolation I've consciously walked more or generally been outside in the garden or been decorating furniture or my home. I have also eaten better food and less of it (the joy of being in SI with the mother who does all the cooking). I was also trying with the sadistic tzzz that is Joe wicks for a few weeks. Have I lost any weight? Have I hell. Initially I was rather dismayed. Now I'm back to just being me. Fat but relatively fit and well (not withstanding the bleeeeeeeeeeepppppping gallstones).

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Im on a high protein diet and low carb, i do yoga and exercise bike, i also walk a lot ,so far ive lost 1stone and feel fabulous

over a year ago

I've been keeping my daily fat intake at 30g or less and carbs no more than 150g and then aiming for over my daily allowance for protein each day. I've shifted 2 stone in the 12 weeks of lockdown by giving myself around a 500 calorie deficit daily and working out everyday. Also, you may not remember Shag but it was a chat with yourself that put me on the right path so many thanks

Amazing... Take a bow

Was it a big change to what you were doing? Any hunger or just powering through it? "

I would say I'm working out twice as much as before, the hardest part is watching what I eat. I would normally have destroyed a multi pack of chocolate bars in a sitting whereas now I'll have a piece of a bar instead if any at all. Its torture but it's been worth it because I feel healthier and more energetic

over a year ago

"Eat sensibly, read food labels and drink plenty water and a diet would never be necessary. Just a money making business in my eyes."
Yes it is very important to read the labels and to have portion control

over a year ago

Restrict the sugar and carbs the best you can, eat less and move more. Bingo!!

over a year ago

I know so many people that have lost loads of weight doing slimming world and they eat loads of food on it as well and don’t exercise

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Much of the dieting world succeeds for the commercial arm because of 2 things - lack of success and people.

The subtle cultivation of yo-yo dieting has earned £billions for the purveyors of books, clubs, foods etc. It's aided and abetted by some of the media, which plays on people - traditionally women's - emotional insecurities. People are cultivated to be afraid, ashamed and unhappy, due to their body and their mindset. It's sickening that we buy into such a culture. Magazines flourish by the cyclical cultivation of emotional unhappiness, which fosters disharmony in relationships, self-esteem etc. People become marginalised and isolated because of this type of emotional and personality shaming.

Meanwhile, the magazines can push this, that and the other 'new' ways to lose weight as part of the conditional route to more happiness. There's rarely great evidence with scientific rigor behind it, for the diets to result in sustained long term weight loss but that's helpful to the industry, as they can flog the next shiny new way of achieving dieting shame.

The human psyche wants quick wins and will strive for this instead of what could give us better results in the longer term. That's how we have evolved to be, though it's not something that we have no choice over, but we'll still be working against some of our instinctive drive.

What's the best diet? Ive no clue but I'd only follow one with substantial evidence behind it that's more than anecdotal. It would also have to be healthy to get my interest.

We know that our body is incredibly successful at being adaptable, with its permanent fine tuning of its sstemic basis for survival. Consume differently and it will strive for homeostasis, forcing adjustments so that it can achieve it. It becomes like a war between a 1970s home computer and a modern supercomputer, with its enormous power to outsmart the little things that we try to do to gain power for control of ourselves.

Our dieting and control is often illusory. We'll buy into the new fad, helping it to add to our track record of self-perceived failures. Rather than helping the diet add to our emotional burden, it's sometimes easier to step out of the vicious circles that we've engaged with.

Our metabolic rates move. What's a calorie deficit one moment can be a surplus the next. It's more harmonious to just be, rather than fighting to be in control.

over a year ago

"Sine people need diets because they don’t understand nutrition etc but yeah they all pretty much say the same. Personally I like to fast from food occasionally, between 1 and 7 days. Such a little organ can be so stroppy and demanding , it’s good to put it back in its place sometimes and remember why it is we eat - for health, strength and to be social, not to compensate for a shitty life. "
That is also a good way and yes it is all about educacion and to learn about nutrition as well

over a year ago

This time last year I kind of said to myself - move your fat arse , and I did.

I’ve put a Covid Stone on mind you, but it’s coming off now. I’ve tried WW, slimming world etc etc but nothing works as well as moving more and eating less crap. Everything in moderation

over a year ago

"Sine people need diets because they don’t understand nutrition etc but yeah they all pretty much say the same. Personally I like to fast from food occasionally, between 1 and 7 days. Such a little organ can be so stroppy and demanding , it’s good to put it back in its place sometimes and remember why it is we eat - for health, strength and to be social, not to compensate for a shitty life. "

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Best diet I ever saw was years old, a guy at work was given it by the hospital he was about to have an operation in and needed to lose a couple of stones. Basic 3 meals a day. Smaller portions and if your hungry, drink fluids or have the odd bit of fruit. Its really very simple (for the majority of people). Its usually cake, pizzas, chips kebabs etc and a sedentary lifestyle thats the root cause, not "glands".

Go to Slimming World etc, and you become obsessed with food, your whole day is spent thinking about food and "syns". Its bollocks. Count your calories and count your steps. Thats it.

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Sine people need diets because they don’t understand nutrition etc but yeah they all pretty much say the same. Personally I like to fast from food occasionally, between 1 and 7 days. Such a little organ can be so stroppy and demanding , it’s good to put it back in its place sometimes and remember why it is we eat - for health, strength and to be social, not to compensate for a shitty life.

"

I regularly go 2 or 3 days without eating anything. Have to drink tea though. Im not an animal.

The way some people go on you would think they were going to die after skipping lunch. I hope I never end up on a desert island with them.

over a year ago

"I was doing one of these plans before lockdown and had lost my 1st stone but since we have been paying for online access and Zoom calls

I am a soft touch as I only pay so the Leader can stil have an income but I am not following the plan any more (and of course gained weight lol)

I used to calorie and macro count on MFP so might just go back to that as I know it is basic body science of in v out. Plus I have just got a new job with a pay rise so thinking of employing a PT for a couple of sessions a week as know I will not go to the gym on my own

Any takers lol x

"

Well done for the 1st stone weght loss there and yes it is fun to count the calories too

Post new Message to Thread