Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The end of lockdown hair

Jump to newest

By *naswingdress OP   Woman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

How's your hair doing, as we approach the possibility of hairdressers reopening?

Are you changing it? Are you keeping it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just done mine again 10 minutes ago

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I’ve trimmed my fringe to keep it neat and luckily my cut has grown with my hair so it’s kept it’s shape. Another nonetheless and I’ll be ready to go back to my sleek bob

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Keeping mine, I'd look weird bald

over a year ago

I'm booked in

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

*month

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I was trying to decide on a pixie when lockdown hit. Now it's longer than it's been in more than five years. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Mine is awful.

I'm keeping it a while. It's a 2020 look, now.

over a year ago

My hairdresser called last week to say she booked me in for the 13th. I’m thinking I might carry on letting my fringe grow out. I’m going to see what she thinks, she’s really really honest and I really value her opinion

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Wills been cutting mine and his own so not much difference so won’t bother with the hairdressers for a good few weeks

over a year ago

I shaved all mine off, it was becoming stupidly long

By *olden RatioWoman
over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

It’s way too long so I’m booked in for a short cut with an undercut next month

over a year ago

I actually turned down the offer of a hairdresser appointment for July when our stylist called the other day.

Apart from a longer fringe, which I can cut myself, it is manageable at the moment.

Seeing as I am only going out to Marks for the groceries I don't see the point in spending over a hundred pounds to sit at my home desk.

Are you getting used to yours now Swing? Although I doubt you have the energy to do it at the moment.

By *erdyCurvyInkedPervyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I'm booked in with my hairdresser for 10th July. I've a good inch and a half of grey to cover.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I might have mine cut for my birthday, as we are hoping for a weekend away.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

My style not that you could call it that is really no different.

The question is do I start to dye it again?

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Are you getting used to yours now Swing? Although I doubt you have the energy to do it at the moment."

It's been at the point where I can throw it into a ponytail for a bit over a month now, which is all I ever used to do with it when it was long. It's in good condition because I've been gentle with it, although honestly I have no idea what I'm doing with hair.

Brush, ponytail, deep conditioner. Maybe I should learn to do something with it.

I've decided I was being paranoid about the grey for now.

My hair is uneven (it's an extremely overgrown bob ) but I'm not sure I'm ready to do things like the hairdresser anytime soon.

When I'm through my silicone heavy products I'm going back to accentuating my waves/curls.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I have a under cut I manage anyway, but I've decided on short layers throughout to stop my frizziness and cut short at the back graduating down to my chin.

So It will all bounce back into defined curls again

over a year ago

I'm happy enough! My roots are coming through but my hair looks better that way as it blends down into the blonde. I'll probably have it done towards the end of the year when everywhere has calmed down . *fingers crossed*

over a year ago

"Are you getting used to yours now Swing? Although I doubt you have the energy to do it at the moment.

It's been at the point where I can throw it into a ponytail for a bit over a month now, which is all I ever used to do with it when it was long. It's in good condition because I've been gentle with it, although honestly I have no idea what I'm doing with hair.

Brush, ponytail, deep conditioner. Maybe I should learn to do something with it.

My hair is uneven (it's an extremely overgrown bob ) but I'm not sure I'm ready to do things like the hairdresser anytime soon.

When I'm through my silicone heavy products I'm going back to accentuating my waves/curls."

Have you ever heard of the curly girl method?

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Are you getting used to yours now Swing? Although I doubt you have the energy to do it at the moment.

When I'm through my silicone heavy products I'm going back to accentuating my waves/curls.

Have you ever heard of the curly girl method? "

I was plopping, which is what I'm going to return to. I bought some stuff that isn't compatible with it (L'Oréal Great Lengths), so I'm working through that. It's helping keep my hair in better condition than it usually is when it's long.

When it's long enough to pineapple on non wash days I suspect I'll be able to do more with it.

Without plopping my hair is straight-ish, extremely gentle wave/ frizzy. When I plop it I get defined waves/ almost curls.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm happy enough! My roots are coming through but my hair looks better that way as it blends down into the blonde. I'll probably have it done towards the end of the year when everywhere has calmed down . *fingers crossed* "

You have gorgeous hair.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

My curls are loooong right now. I embraced the curly girl method a few weeks into lockdown with love and support from a couple of friends - shrinkage aside my hair has never been so full or healthy looking. And it's long, when I pull the curls at the back they go down to my bra strap. Right now I'm thinking I might have one more blow dry because I like that look... and then I might have a curly haircut and really see my curls pop. Undecided and checking reviews.

By *elnkazCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

Box dyed mine and cut my fringe..im actually happy with it growing long now. But it very thick. So will keep the length and have it thinned out .k

over a year ago

I definitely need to chop mine off

over a year ago

Think my barber will be shielding anyway. But the hairs gone from nice and short and easy to manage, to thick, wavy and curly.

Think I’m gonna try to embrace it a bit longer. Although might need some tips to manage it ladies!

over a year ago

I'm considering getting mine cut much shorter - it is MASSIVE and stupidly long.

It needs dying and just someone that knows what they're doing to make it less big

over a year ago

It's a disaster!

I usually have it cut every four weeks

I veer from shaving it off to contemplating growing it long

Just depends on how long I have to wait x

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm considering getting mine cut much shorter - it is MASSIVE and stupidly long.

It needs dying and just someone that knows what they're doing to make it less big "

My hair is massive and stupidly long when it's properly long. I feel you.

At the moment it's like, just past my shoulder blades and I'm itching to grab the scissors already

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Think my barber will be shielding anyway. But the hairs gone from nice and short and easy to manage, to thick, wavy and curly.

Think I’m gonna try to embrace it a bit longer. Although might need some tips to manage it ladies! "

Conditioner, be gentle when you brush it, and styling products (depends).

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Driving me mad. I’ve got an appointment on the 4th. Can’t wait lol.

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

I've close family who is hairdresser so not all bad.

I am however already booked in for the 1st available nail appointment. Going full on talons. Missed them so much!

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Mines long, messy, very badly cut but I have got used to it and a FB asked me to stop wearing wax too so It’s just a total mess on my head, I get the trimmers out every few days and mess around , might do one side no.1 later if I’m bored

By *ollycouple71Couple
over a year ago

manchester

"Box dyed mine and cut my fringe..im actually happy with it growing long now. But it very thick. So will keep the length and have it thinned out .k "
Youre hair looks nice xx

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Mine resembles a birds nest.

I used this conditioner stuff that was supposed to be grey...

It started off being a bit like a blue rinse verging on lilac and I now have a bit of a green tinge that’s dry and in desperate need of the return to blonde after washing it with bicarbonate of soda mixed with Head & Shoulders after consulting google.

I am a fuckwit and should have embraced the roots!

My hairdresser is going to be unimpressed.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I've just managed to make an appointment at my hairdressers...happy days

over a year ago

I was growing mine anyway and growing the fringe out ...even the split ends are minimal

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I'm thinking about flinging some blonde in, but otherwise ok

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I need to book in to have mine thinned at the very least, usually have it done every 6 weeks and it's getting big again

My Bob is very out of shape, but I admit it has been easy to tie it back for work rather than style it.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I was growing mine anyway and growing the fringe out ...even the split ends are minimal "

I dye mine regularly and the split ends have become quite noticeable to me..can't wait to have it cut.

over a year ago

My hair is long, one length and it's my natural colour so it's the same old really.

My lover had to borrow clippers off a friend as he doesn't want to cut his own hair with scissors, so he's lost his little gelled up bit at the front but he's all fuzzy.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I have no idea how I've skipped most of the split ends. My hair is normally disaster zone meets rat's nest when it's long enough to tie back. I've been lucky I think.

over a year ago

Mine and Ash's are getting a hair cut on Friday.

My sister is a hairdresser and in our support bubble.

over a year ago

"I was growing mine anyway and growing the fringe out ...even the split ends are minimal

I dye mine regularly and the split ends have become quite noticeable to me..can't wait to have it cut."

I'm just dying the roots atm... I'd be looking forward to a full head colour more than a hair cut

By *organ and rob zombieCouple
over a year ago

bradford

My dreads are fine as they are

Zombie x

over a year ago

I want a Mohawk

By *ave-and-LouiseCouple
over a year ago

Torquay

Louise looks fine... Mine on the other hand is getting very untidy. Have clippered it myself twice in lockdown but locking forward to a proper barbers cut.

By *beefMan
over a year ago

Long eaton

i need to get the clippers out again cut my hair at the beginning of lock down and now it needs doing again. The beard is staying though hah

By *imon_hydeMan
over a year ago

Moelfre

I've googled celebs with simalar hair. I'm dying it black and going full on Nick Cave.

Tomorrow I'll be sober and this won't be the case.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I was growing it out and lockdown has helped to get it almost to where I want it. Probably could do with a little tidy up but not in a rush. Rather wait till hopefully hairdresser ppe won't be required.

By *icplshropsCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

I’ve being growing my hair for the last couple of years; so won't be rushing to the hairdressers just yet. It’s now about 3 inches from my waist (mid back length) and hoping to reach waist by the end of the year. It’s in good condition with hardly any splits after ditching the high heat, chemical treatments, cones and sulphates. So only need a trim twice a year.

over a year ago

I havn't been to a hairdressers since september so I think I am way overdue.

Happily wait till the mad rush goes though

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I havn't been to a hairdressers since september so I think I am way overdue.

Happily wait till the mad rush goes though"

Same. I'm going to wait at least a month past any changes before I try them myself

over a year ago

Mine is so so bad, finally booked in for a cut.. at the end of bloody July.

I'm glad I didn't cave in and just shave it off.

over a year ago

Mine is the longest it's been in over a decade. I'm embracing this as an opportunity to try a new hairdo

By *inkyfun2013Couple
over a year ago

lewisham

Mine's grim. I (Mrs K ) usually have a bleached crop that is cut every 4 wks but it's now a brown, wavy mess. I had to dye it because the roots were so long and I had a mixture of grey, brown and bleached - I looked like a piebald pony! I've seriously considered shaving it all off but am going to hang on for a few more weeks.

By *iss.ddWoman
over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

I'm a natural very fair blonde but I've dyed it bright red for so long I've just been doing it at home with the same stuff, no root bleaching required.

I have curly hair though and as I've not left the house, I've been embracing my Curls however they choose to appear that day.

over a year ago

I was plopping, which is what I'm going to return to. I bought some stuff that isn't compatible with it (L'Oréal Great Lengths), so I'm working through that. It's helping keep my hair in better condition than it usually is when it's long.

When it's long enough to pineapple on non wash days I suspect I'll be able to do more with it.

Without plopping my hair is straight-ish, extremely gentle wave/ frizzy. When I plop it I get defined waves/ almost curls."

I've never heard of plopping hair before I think that's my new favourite word!! I've just had a Google and it looks like a good routine!

Do you think plopping would work on my hair? It's naturally wavy.

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

I usually go for pixie cuts but unsure what to do with my hair now as it’s in the best condition it’s been in a long time due to be not using bleach

.I’m growing out my blonde and want to go with more a natural looking colour that’s more gentle to my hair when I start dyeing my hair again.

I’ve been toying with the idea of using wigs to protect my hair while it’s growing and to stop the temptation to use bleach .Has anyone used wigs and if so what’s your opinion on them?

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Without plopping my hair is straight-ish, extremely gentle wave/ frizzy. When I plop it I get defined waves/ almost curls.

I've never heard of plopping hair before I think that's my new favourite word!! I've just had a Google and it looks like a good routine!

Do you think plopping would work on my hair? It's naturally wavy. "

I'd never heard of it either. It sounds like something else you might do in the bathroom.

By *ollycouple71Couple
over a year ago

manchester

Getting mine done in July getting it cut and changing my colour x

By *oreno0969Man
over a year ago

Rugby

Im really torn at the minute whether to get it cut or not because its now getting to the length where i can do different things with it so im moving towards keeping it long but really not sure

over a year ago

I'd never heard of it either. It sounds like something else you might do in the bathroom. "

Or on the toilet!

over a year ago

I'd never heard of it either. It sounds like something else you might do in the bathroom.

Or on the toilet! "

Sorry!! I read your post as bedroom help me

I'm not into poop I PROMISE

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Or on the toilet!

Sorry!! I read your post as bedroom help me

I'm not into poop I PROMISE "

Oh you're into that, ok

over a year ago

Getting mine chopped off.

Definitely keeping my anal beard braided though - I just love the feeling if it between my cheeks.

over a year ago

"Getting mine chopped off.

Definitely keeping my anal beard braided though - I just love the feeling if it between my cheeks."

over a year ago

Mine got whipped off earlier. Grows fast though thankfully x

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Do you think plopping would work on my hair? It's naturally wavy. "

It was new to me with curly girl (and yes that word!)

It's one of those things that's quite easy to try, use an old shirt or a microfibre towel (mine doesn't dry entirely that way. 40 minutes my arse). It takes my hair from a very gentle wave to a definite wave pattern. It's hit and miss for me but I don't have the right products, and I'm giving it a miss while I use up my very wrong products (silicone heavy)

over a year ago

"How's your hair doing, as we approach the possibility of hairdressers reopening?

Are you changing it? Are you keeping it?"

Mine is the same as usual, and no I won't be changing it. It only gets a small (very small) trim every year or two anyway =)

over a year ago

Mine is just long, so it’s not really any different, just longer, but I’m definitely going to try plopping, as I have a natural wave

By *latinumkittenWoman
over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

I'm booked in! I usually have mine cut every 4 weeks or so. I was going to get it cut short as I had it before, but it's been suggested I leave it a bit longer - more to grab

over a year ago

"I'm booked in! I usually have mine cut every 4 weeks or so. I was going to get it cut short as I had it before, but it's been suggested I leave it a bit longer - more to grab "

That’s always a good thing

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

We have a mobile hairdresser so not sure when she will be getting out and about again.

But as it is i have low maintenance hair anyway. I have thrown it up in a ponytail and just trimmed the very ends and it felt much better so that’ll do me.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"How's your hair doing, as we approach the possibility of hairdressers reopening?

Are you changing it? Are you keeping it?"

Not planning a change of hairstyle.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Are you changing it? Are you keeping it?

Not planning a change of hairstyle.

"

over a year ago

looking forward to barbers opening more than pubs

Have been told some salons in ireland already have waiting lists in the thousands

over a year ago

I give mine a trim most weeks ........... and the hair on my head I do once a month

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Mine looks like a darker version of Boris's hair

over a year ago

got my barber to come do it

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Mine looks like a darker version of Boris's hair "

I assume you know what a comb is

By *heif6999Man
over a year ago

malton

"Keeping mine, I'd look weird bald "

You’d look hot bald !!

By *heif6999Man
over a year ago

malton

"I want a Mohawk "

Get the clippers out !!

By *ilver Fox 60Man
over a year ago

Southport

I think a longer look will become fashionable (at least on men. I'll get mine tidied up, but keep the length.

over a year ago

I've been cutting my own for years or it just goes wild. Apart from the inconvenience of outside activities, lockdown has barely touched me really..

By *rx1Couple
over a year ago

North West Devon...

Managed to get booked in.....Not until 14 th July though. Providing Boris gives it the Green light.

over a year ago

I've (Mr) got used to the disheveled look now...something liberating about being a scruffy fucker...I know I'm there now as people at work liken me to the homeless they see at traffic lights asking for money...

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Still same. Shave head to 0.5 grade and keep a slightly longer stubble-beard.

By *rongstantineWoman
over a year ago

hull

I'd be interested to see what the hell my hairdresser will do with mine, I started the process of going rose gold the week before lockdown, but my hair took badly to the bleach stripping of the red so I've mostly been olaplexing and using a tinted oil mask, which has turned my hair bright pink, which I'm kind of enjoying.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

I'm getting mine cut and I may cry with the relief

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"Still same. Shave head to 0.5 grade and keep a slightly longer stubble-beard."

Well it definitely suits you

Post new Message to Thread