Jump to newest

By *ensualtouch15 OP   Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

As we all know the internet attracts scammers

As we also all know sites connected with sex are a known playground

I wonder what you think we actually should to with

A profile who is committing crime

For example if a profile was sending mail with the intent of hacking a device and stealing bank details

I say we should involve the police as well as fab admin

I also say that I like many do not always do as I "should"

My point is as many of us dont are we complicate to a Tiny degree when an unsuspecting innocent loses their money ?

Or is it victim blame ?

Obviously I'm referring to the verifiable cases which exist and not suspicion or an accusation based upon a rejection

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I guess the moral of the story is don’t download files from anyone you don’t know and certainly dong disclose bank details to strangers.

Certainly advise admin and dependent on if a crime has been committed then yes, contact the Police if you feel able to

over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I guess the moral of the story is don’t download files from anyone you don’t know and certainly dong disclose bank details to strangers.

Certainly advise admin and dependent on if a crime has been committed then yes, contact the Police if you feel able to "

The moral is I can spot a scammer a mile off

The sad truth is many cant and will click on their links

Question as I say is knowing they are thieves with evidence should fab report them to the police ?

But glad you day so Dan exactly I hope this raises awareness

I dont however like blaming a victim

They have had stuff stolen

Its bit like blaming a girl for wearing a short skirt

The thief and scammer is the bad person

Sadly though I never inform the police when I catch one and I guess fab does not so on it goes

over a year ago

half the questions in the forum are geared towards hacking into peoples accounts

like date of birth

where were you born

whats your favourite food

they are like recovery questions or things you use as a password

over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"half the questions in the forum are geared towards hacking into peoples accounts

like date of birth

where were you born

whats your favourite food

they are like recovery questions or things you use as a password "

Not mine (smug face)

Although was fun when I was locked out of Google had to remember my fake dob

But seriously you raise an excellent point

over a year ago

"I guess the moral of the story is don’t download files from anyone you don’t know and certainly dong disclose bank details to strangers.

Certainly advise admin and dependent on if a crime has been committed then yes, contact the Police if you feel able to

Question as I say is knowing they are thieves with evidence should fab report them to the police ?

Sadly though I never inform the police when I catch one and I guess fab does not so on it goes

"

Aye, I agree re blame on the perpetrator - however I do believe we should all do all we can to mitigate against such risks.

We can’t totally absolve blame from ourselves if we do not do all we can to prevent such things happening.

Eg if I leave my bike unlocked and unattended in town for a couple of hours, if it gets stolen then of course the thief is a villain, but I kind of only have myself to blame too, right?

And how many scammers seeking your bank details have you come across on here? I guess I must be speaking to a very different set of people!

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

Most people think they can spot a scam a mile of as I do.

But generally it's down to luck. You only need to receive an email or phone call when you are distracted by another life event even just a screaming child. Your guard is down and by the time you realise it's too late.

Its only the fault of the scammer and not the victim. Its like having a vehicle stolen if you didn't lock it properly, everyone will blame you when in actual fact its the person doing the crime who is to blame.

over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Aye, I agree re blame on the perpetrator - however I do believe we should all do all we can to mitigate against such risks.

We can’t totally absolve blame from ourselves if we do not do all we can to prevent such things happening.

Eg if I leave my bike unlocked and unattended in town for a couple of hours, if it gets stolen then of course the thief is a villain, but I kind of only have myself to blame too, right?

And how many scammers seeking your bank details have you come across on here? I guess I must be speaking to a very different set of people!"

I guess you are Dan. About one a week been 2 this week but then I actively engage with them for personal entertainment and deeper understanding

over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Most people think they can spot a scam a mile of as I do.

But generally it's down to luck. You only need to receive an email or phone call when you are distracted by another life event even just a screaming child. Your guard is down and by the time you realise it's too late.

Its only the fault of the scammer and not the victim. Its like having a vehicle stolen if you didn't lock it properly, everyone will blame you when in actual fact its the person doing the crime who is to blame. "

Totally agreed scams can be sophisticated

I dont like victim shaming

I dont see big warning signs on the opening page of the internet or fab informing the not so savvy of the peril their data is in

Post new Message to Thread